Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 01:53:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Announcing the Golden Gloves Tournament Started by: Forever_Sexy on Jun 19, '14 14:55

Forever_Sexy takes a puff of his cigar while waiting behind the curtains.  He hasn't had a chance to look outside to see how many people had showed up.  He was nervous there would be no one, but hopeful he'd have a packed house.  He takes one last sip of his scotch as he steps forward to the stage he had set up.

The lights were bright on his face, and instantly the temperature around him rose.  He took a deep breath and grabbed the mic.

Hello my fellow gangsters.  As you may or may not know, I am Forever_Sexy.  I currently serve as the right hand to OrangeJuice- in theMundanes HQ.  I'm not here to speak to you about crew related matters, however.  Instead, I'm here to announce a new event that will be hosted by myself.

He took a moment to take look over the room before he continued.

As I look around here, friends, I see some of the strongest ladies and gentleman I've ever encountered.  Our culture breeds strength and resolve into our bones, and it is with this knowledge I'm proud to present:

The First

fs' Golden Gloves Tournament

So, as you probably know Golden Gloves tournaments are held to showcase the prowess and fighting skills of the people participating.  We will be starting the first tournament with 16 fighters who will battle it out in a single-elimination bracket-style tournament.

So, why should you participate?  Easy answer: cash.

The entry fee will be $250,000 per person and I will personally donate 3,000,000 to the cause.

We will pay the top 3 positions, so payouts will be as follows (if not other donations are made):

1st Prize : $4,000,000

2nd Prize: $2,000,000

3rd Prize: $1,000,000

I will be accepting any additional donations for the tournament and you can distribute those however you'd like between any of the places.

As I stated earlier, the first tournament will feature 16 participants if we get full participation.

Sign ups and further details about the first round will come Jun 20, 2014 at 17:00:00.

Report Post Tip
I'm a fat, blubbering pile of garbage who gets winded looking at my next grease covered meal, but I want in on this venture. Sometimes I garner enough energy to walk from one side of the building to the other without passing out, so maybe Ill be able to fight 10 or so seconds before dying from a massive heart attack.

Count me in sir, I'll make no one proud.
Report Post Tip

Amethyst had a strange sense of Déjà vu of the smell of sweat in a tournament just like this one in her previous lives..

For this reason alone she placed her name into the hat as she said.. 'Amethyst'.

Report Post Tip

Excited to see people happy about the event, Forever_Sexy steps forward with a giant smile.

Please keep in mind sign ups will not be until tomorrow. Because this is a first-come first-serve tournament I want everyone to have time to hear about it before taking sign ups.  I greatly appreciate the interest tho.

Report Post Tip

Inertia had been standing in the back of the room while Forever_Sexy was making his speech on the stage. She had only come because he had challenged her to come by tonight and prove that she was as good in a fight as she was at Go Fish. Inertia was never one to back down from a challenge. She stuffed the remnants of the eclair she was eating into her mouth, savoring the last bite of junk food she'd be consuming for a while and walked up to Forever_Sexy.

She gives him a quick hug before pulling out a stack of bills from her purse and handing it to him.

"I know, it's sort of strange for me to walk around with this amount of cash, but hey I just made a couple of amazing drug deals. So count me in! Never underestimate a woman who is willing to give up sweets to train, I may get ornery! Want to meet up at the gym tomorrow, maybe around 8 am? I could use a good sparing partner!" 

Inertia gives kisses Forever_Sexy on the cheek and winks at him before turning around to leave the establishment.

Report Post Tip

Forever_Sexy looked down at the stack of cash in his hands.

Jeeze, we clearly need to spend more time together if you got this much cash just in your wallet.  You been sharkin people at Go Fish again?

Forever_Sexy hands the cash back to Inertia

I appreciate the enthusiasm, my dear, but we are going to wait for sign ups.  I got a bit excited and accidentally threw some flyers out on the street, but I'm trying to get them cleaned up.  Come talk to me tomorrow :)

Report Post Tip

Inertia smiles and gives Forever_Sexy her most innocent face

"Me? Sharking people at Go Fish? Never!!! I'm just a girl who doesn't quite understand the rules of Go Fish, does it involve a fishing rod? I don't own any waders!"

Inertia looks confused at Forever_Sexy, but is unable to contain her laughter. 

"You are just sore that I'm a better Go Fish player than you!

Obviously I wasn't paying close enough attention at the end of your speech and was too busy stuffing my face with food. You will definitely see me again tomorrow. But how about some dinner tonight? I'm famished!"

Report Post Tip

TM sees the poster and smiles thinking to himself how at home he'll feel getting to knock people around again.  He digs into his wallet, and after removing the pocket lint finds his cash then waits outside for the doors to open.

How you gonna make me wait like this?

Report Post Tip

Silvio sees the tourney poster and feels his old left hand can make a comeback 

Report Post Tip

Walking out of the dark alleyway, SammySantos is wiping the remanence of blood from his hands, the man had it coming to him afterall.  In doing so, he walked stright into a pole with a hand written note on it....

The First

fs' Golden Gloves Tournament

I'm in.

Report Post Tip

So, as you probably know Golden Gloves tournaments are held to showcase the prowess and fighting skills of the people participating.  We will be starting the first tournament with 16 fighters who will battle it out in a single-elimination bracket-style tournament.

Xcuz my noobness, but what this tournament is about? Coz for me gloves evoques Dueling, not only pickpocketing without fingerprints... like in throwing ur gloves in the face of somebody...

Sum clarifications here would be welcome...

Report Post Tip

I know that there has been some confusion of what this contest entails, but it does not rely on any of the actions we normally take on our day-to-day business.  Whether or not you can pick someone's cash, or shoot them in the face is not what we're dealing with here.  For those worried, there will be no loss of lives in the Golden Gloves tournament :D

Report Post Tip

no loss of lives in the Golden Gloves tournament

Are you sure? These contests always seem to be right before the world implodes!

I have been debating starting a boxing contest akin to those Lady Fighter once hosted, but you've beat me to it. I'll be patiently awaiting the entry time.

Report Post Tip

I certainly hope the world does not implode lol

Though, with a name like yours no one is safe... even on their chamber pots!

Report Post Tip

BCp was in one of his mishandling warehouse when the phone rang. Walking over he listens and nods his head and a smile appears. Talking a bit with the person on the other line, BCP says one final statement.

I'm in! Let me finish up here and I'll head out right away to get signed up.

Seeing the signup sheet. BCP makes his way over and scribbles his name down and nods to ForeverSexy. Thinking its odd that he needs to call a man ForeverSexy he decides to shorten it to fs so he isn't accused of hitting on a man.

I'm in. Nothing like a little fun in beating someones head in a bit to give me a accuse to drink afterwards.

Report Post Tip

I can officially sign up now, right?

Tyrion adds his name to the imaginary list and has his master of coin transfer the relevant funds

Report Post Tip

Yes, I'll take sign ups here or on the other sign up sheet.  Sending me money is the final sign up action.

Report Post Tip

Kyubey heard the man talk. He always liked the boxing tournaments but somehow they always ended in death no matter what. His line had always done well in these things and he believed they'd be good fun. Besides, today was his  day to be a squire.

He had a note from Godmother Amethyst to make sure she was signed up properly whilst she was busy. He presented the note and a bag of money to fs.

"Hi there. I'm signing up for myself and Godmother Amethyst. She has asked me to sign up for her, I believe she has already cleared it with you? I hope that is okay."

He smiled and sent the man the fee. He eyed around, little competition so far.

Report Post Tip

Making a phone call to his money man, BCP nods and says the money should be on its way.

Your accountant makes note that $250,000 has been wired to Forever_Sexy from your account.

There we go that should have me all offically signed up now. Good luck and you all better have a good cut man cause your gonna need it.

Report Post Tip

Inertia rushes into Forever_Sexy's office, and props herself up against the door jam to catch her breath. While holding a hand to her chest she gasps,

"Sorry....am late....business...took....longer than...expected" She can feel her heart race against her chest, gratefully accepting a glass of water offered to her by Forever_Sexy. As she gulps down the cool liquid she takes a seat on the nearby armchair.

"Thank I really needed that! Wow I really need to get in better shape if I'm going to win this thing! Here is my contribution to enter into the competition" Inertia hands Forever_Sexy a stack of bill, and reaches into her purse to produce a deck of cards. 

"Fancy a game while I'm here?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Announcing the Golden Gloves Tournament
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL