Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 17:31:36
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Golden Gloves - First Round Signups and Rules Started by: Forever_Sexy on Jun 20, '14 17:01

After a successful announcement party last night, Forever_Sexy is putting on the finishing touches to the signup poster.  He takes a sip of his scotch as he looks it over before moving outside to post it:

The First

fs' Golden Gloves Tournament

How it will work

• 16 players will enter the tournament.
  • A 16 player single-elimination bracket will be created based on the competitors.
  • The 3rd/4th place fighters will have an additional fight during the finals to determine who gets 3rd place.
  • Each fight will consist of 5 rounds.
  • The fighters will be graded on a 1-6 scale for the round.
  • Best of 5 wins the round
  • All fight results will be displayed after they are all concluded.
  • All trash talking is permitted AND strongly encouraged.

I will give until July 1 00:00:00 for signups.  If we don't have 16 fighters by then I'll rearrange the tourney a bit.

To signup

Signups can be put here.  Please just post your name, and your rank (all ranks may participate).

After you have signed up please send me the $250,000.  I will post after 16 have joined.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!

Report Post Tip

As it has been asked by a few people, there is no actual attacking involved in this contest.

Report Post Tip
I suppose I'll enter the ring.

Shaggs Made Man
Report Post Tip

Thought there would be a lot more interest in this by now.

Jono - Capo. 

Bring it Shaggs. 

Report Post Tip
Hmmm, why not give it a shot!

Capitalist- Don
Report Post Tip

lronSight smiles and starts thinking about where he left his jump rope and training gloves,

"lronSight - Scouse Scalper (Don)"

Report Post Tip

Hi there. I've already spoke to you privately, Don fs.

I will be signing up for myself.

Kyubey - Made Man

And.

Amethyst - Godmother

Thanks!

Report Post Tip
Count me in.
Genocide - Don
Report Post Tip

Space-to-the-pole

"polefather"

Report Post Tip

Frederico had brought the flyer to Angus' attention the previous day

The First

fs' Golden Gloves Tournament

but it had inadvertantly avoided the in tray somehow or the other.

Finding the time to actually read the flyer properly, something struck Angus as familiar, Something twangs a chord here, no doubt about it he mutters to nobody in particular and proceeds to delve into some of his family's diaries located in the safe behind the filing cabinet.

As Marianna delivers the morning refreshments he snaps out of his revery and literally wakes up and smells the coffee.

Of course! I remember reading of a fine lady from New York running similar contests, according to the journals she had a long line of ancestors who also ran such competitions.

Angus searches the journals enthused by his memory of the log.

Eureka! New York Boxing Arena Competition.

Written in the fine hand of one of his ancestors, Gaetano_Marciano, by the style of the writing Angus suddenly stops and looks up wide eyed.

Written before him in fine black ink in his ancestor's fiar hand. Many of these tournaments have come to pass, some run out of New York, some from Philadelphia. The tournaments are always well organised and well run with great banter and heckling at times.

Howver, be warned Beware the portents. When along comes a tournament, death and destruction will almost always follow.

Wondering what on earth this all means and unable to fathom it Angus returns to the flyer and reads it once more, this time following the detail of the poster.

How it will work

• 16 players will enter the tournament.
  • A 16 player single-elimination bracket will be created based on the competitors.
  • The 3rd/4th place fighters will have an additional fight during the finals to determine who gets 3rd place.
  • Each fight will consist of 5 rounds.
  • The fighters will be graded on a 1-6 scale for the round.
  • Best of 5 wins the round
  • All fight results will be displayed after they are all concluded.
  • All trash talking is permitted AND strongly encouraged.

Quickly replacing the journals into the safe and grabbing his jacket he takes a quick slurp of his coffee and heads off for the streets.

I'd like to enter please Forever_Sexy. Please accept my application to the tournament as the The smashing Saint, or Angus if you prefer.

Angus hands over the entrance fee and jogs off to get into training. One advantage he has is an almost unlimited supply of prime steak to help with his protien intake....

Report Post Tip

I like this.

Kittyhawk-Boss/Angel of Kittenkind.

Report Post Tip
This is interesting...I'll give it a go.

Princess (Don)
Report Post Tip

Dubstep is strolling down the street after making a nice wad of money and see's some flyer's hanging up. It peaks his curiosity so he walks on up and takes a gander at that flyer that's staring back at him... Hmm a fight aye for money aye.. Hmm I can fight I got a right and a left and a mean dodge uppercut chin kick. hmm

Well I just got one question see.. Now how we suppose to fight?

Report Post Tip

Garrus sees his awesome polefather walk up and sign his name. He walks up a few people later and signs his name.

Garrus_Vakarian

Wise Guy, associate of the Polefather

Then he takes a step away from the table and points at his boss and winks.

"I wanna see that guy in the ring!"

Report Post Tip

Forever_Sexy rolled over to see the sun shining on his very hungover head.  He puts on a pair of shades before rolling out of bed and checking his bank account.  After seeing quite a few deposits he ran down to the sign up sheet.

Alright folks, that does it!  We're full!  Give me a few to gather details.

He runs back up to his office and comes down with a list:

Here we have it, our first Golden Gloves participants:

Shaggs Made Man
TyrionLannister Wise Guy
Amethyst Godfather
Kyubey Made Man
BoxCutterPazzy Consigliere
Inertia Wise Guy
Jono Capo
Capitalist Don
Ironsight Don
Genocide Don
space-to-the-pole Godfather
Angus Don
Princess Don
Garrus_Vakarian Wise Guy

Matchups will be listed June 23 at 17:00.  I have more drinking to do til then.  Everyone, get training!

Report Post Tip

After a quick look over the list I left one participant out, my apologies:

KittyHawk Boss
Report Post Tip

After a few more cups of coffee, Forever_Sexy looks over his list, and feeling like a moron posts the list back on the board.

This, kids, is why you don't do numbers in the morning.

There is one spot left!  Sign up before it fills!

Report Post Tip

Rebecca hands Forever Sexy a large bundle of cash

I'd like to take that last spot please.

Report Post Tip

Alright, folks.  For real this time we're full.  Here's your list of participants:

Shaggs Made Man
TyrionLannister Wise Guy
Amethyst Godfather
Kyubey Made Man
BoxCutterPazzy Consigliere
Inertia Wise Guy
Jono Capo
Capitalist Don
Ironsight Don
Genocide Don
space-to-the-pole Godfather
Angus Don
Princess Don
Garrus_Vakarian Wise Guy
KittyHawk Boss
Rebecca Gangster
Report Post Tip

BCP looks over the list and smiles.

I know who I would like to beat down in rd 1 but otherwise this looks like a strong field. I look forward to viewing the matchups shortly.

BCP lites a smoke and heads to the bar errrrrr training gym to get to work!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Golden Gloves - First Round Signups and Rules
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL