Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 02:37:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
We live, We die Started by: Darkangel on Jun 22, '14 15:36

Ok I must say Darkagnel I am sorry this thread was off topic but i think it was going well til a bit ago.

On a side not . OX, IronSight seems to have you pegged.

Walking down the sidewalk, Ox hears murmuring from down an alleyway. As he makes his way towards the noise he hears talk of generic principles that no man can manipulate. Deciding not to waste his breath contributing to a rather fruitless discussion that serves no real purpose, he turns around and backtracks to hopefully stumble upon a more meaningful conversation.

This was nothing of worthing on the speech being made. And knowing a lot of ppl circle the streets alot, I am gueesing this is common if someone when as far to call you out on it. Just saying its noticied as it was noticed by someone who is on THE STREETS DAILEY!. (OOC:So think about what you post when you post don't just post to post for points for your district.)

Report Post Tip

"Mr. Alexander, there is a time and a place for everything in life. I believe that there needs to be a stronger force backing and standing up for the speakers of our streets in our current environment. Not everyone is going to be able to handle thoughtless, pointless criticisms as well as the more experienced speakers are and I believe setting a precedent that the amount of pointless trolling has to be severely cut back on in our streets by, not any means necessary, but by means including insults towards those with malicious intent. I believe this is required for sending that message to those who think they can get away with it because there always seems to be such an abundant number of them and those who would stand up for our speakers only have so many hours in the day and it's a much more time consuming event to push for these types of comments to be free of any insults. I would likely take that time if more would step forward, but I don't really foresee that happening, unfortunately."

lronSight turns to Darkangel,

"You're too kind, the observation is just one of experience not necessarily a wise one, in my opinion. I would like to encourage you to be a little more vocal in future speeches (avoid spending too much time delivering material in thought form) but the fact you made a sincere effort is more than I can say for many of our community."

lronSight turns to the crowd,

"I have in fact taken up far too much of your time and attention so this will hopefully be my last input, my apologies for taking it off the rails as far as it went."

Report Post Tip

Walking down the street dub hears some commotion going on, like what seems to be of people arguing. It peaks his curiosity so he walks on over to see what's all the debate about. He listens he understands he even nods his head a time or two. But what gets him is the talk of making sure the streets is cleaned up, like its live and happening. Its not.

" I get what your saying criticize those who are criticizing. Makes sense it could work. The thing is a debate is just as good as a post. Like he said no this post wasn't a great masterpiece. Neither have mine probably been. But to act as if these streets needs any more cleaned up than what they are, I'd say is down right not what it needs. Look now you might get two speeches a day maybe three. Mostly competitions and talk of new family's or promotions. The guy's that do take to the street no one comments they all listen but never encourage or give advice. I gave a second speech not long after my first to get attention to see if I could spark a reply. Na nothing. Now you wanna strict it down more. Hey even bad advice is advice. Least someone took the time to reply. These streets need encouragement or something not a game warden. Again on mine nothing. Tell me I studder to much tell me I need to add more detail don't listen then walk away like nothing. Even bad advice is advice. Sorry if I'm out of line I do apologize but hey this was headed that way so I added my couple of dollars.

Dubstep say's and steps back in the circle that has seemed to gather because of the words of a audience member.

Report Post Tip

lronSight sighs,

"DubStep, if you want an explanation on why your speech didn't get responses I have an answer to that and a solution but you won't have it until you properly give this discussion the respect you would want (do not just type a pointless insult, there is a massive difference between what he did and constructive criticism) and then you'll apologize to me in private for accusing me of policing the streets because anyone who follows the streets will tell you that is a ridiculous notion. If I wanted to physically police the streets I'd start calling in every favor owed to me to get trolling punishments brought up at the next Godfather Council meeting and get a serious chance of having it outright banned or heavily policed. Instead, you'll see me protesting that because I'm highly against punishments for street speaking beyond strongly worded counter-remarks. If you don't want it, then at least give the girl the respect she deserves for coming out here."

Report Post Tip

Dark turned to Dub, and smiled before speaking

"Im sorry Your thread or post was a bust, and I do appreciate You taking the time to put your "two dollars" in, and I agree to some point, the streets do need to be a bit more lively. My whole point today when starting this post, was not to raise hell or start any type of drama. And it would seem just that has happened, and for that, I am sorry to everyone, esp My CL and My crew"

Dark nodded at Dub and turned back to IronSight

"And You, My friend are without a doubt a decent soul, and Im so thankful to have You here to voice Your opinions, they are much noted and not taken lightly. Im not new to this game, but I am new to the "speech in the streets" business. So even though My thread seems to be a plop, I cant help but noticed its grabbed alot of attention"

Dark sighed as she turned back to the circle of people and tried to smile warmly

"Again Im sorry to everyone that has been dragged into this, but maybe next time, I will find a much more, suitable topic"

Report Post Tip
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head> <title></title> </head> <body>

Dub smiles and shakes his head. Steps forward takes a breath and say's.

A bust na I don't think it is that. I got to speak and I understand that there is some reward for speaking in the streets so I got that. How you can call that a bust is a mmm a mmm well I don't know. If you wanna call it anything it could be well no one really comes to these streets unless they know you and then they talk to you. That's why my speech didn't get the attention no one knows me. As far as apologize to you in your inbox cause you was offended in the streets over something that I felt. Well that's a little ridiculous is it not. I think what I said was very appropriate for the subject. Cause you can get mad, you can get offended you can order that apology all you want, but remember the title to the story We Live, We die. If it so happens I die over my belief or what I stated so what. Get over the little I was hurt. It was a honest remark. I was searching for answer's and telling my view. Sorry you didn't like it.

Report Post Tip

lronSight begins to laugh,

"No my little confused friend, that's not how these streets work. I've never spoken to Darkangel once before this speech was given. You can give yourself whatever excuse you wish, but you're currently wrong on all accounts regarding why your speech failed to get attention. I'm also not offended, mate. You'd have to try a lot harder to actually offend me, I was asking you to set your pride aside for a moment to get a little help from someone capable of showing you the ways of the street speaker. This is simply the first thing I ask of any speaker who I help, but you can keep up the martyr routine that you'll be punished or killed by the guy who has literally put his neck on the line for you to be able to say these things to me more times than you'll ever know. It's quite amusing for me and those who actually know my work."

Report Post Tip

*nys drags her sister's soapbox from the curb...raven eyes watching the crowd as she gives it a kick and plops down on it....after whirling a willowlike arm thru the air she motions those still around to gather forth, just for a brief moment..the tip of a pink velvet tongue drags over her softly parted lips before she speaks....*

"There are very few of you that i know or recognize, simply because of the some of the attitudes and such i really have no desire to speak in the streets....however, this thread really struck a nerve with me and i'd love to have a word ....there is one thing that seems most have forgotten, * she smiles a bit sadly* and that is the fact that, from our very first breath....we are ALL on the path to death...in whatever form it comes and however long it takes to get here....there is only one thing we can do in between....and that is to live well..by the word WELL...i don't  mean power or riches ....i mean by being someone....doing something ....for our loved ones...our friends....and yes even our fellow man ....that will give them pride in knowing us....that's it in a nutshell folks...once that realization hits us....there is no fear of death....we know what our job is and what lies before us .....to just BE ...*she shrugs her shoulders softly* 

she draws herself up from the soapbox...gives a short nod....then disappears once more into the crowd ...

Report Post Tip

Fuck a duck, this whole entire conversation is ridonkulous. How it managed to gain as much attention as it has bewilders me.

There's so much OOCitis in this shit there should be some kind of quarantine put in place for every person that took part in this discussion, just to contain the shite.

I'm not exactly sure what this woman was doing wondering around in the beginning but then she started talking about people not liking her speech, when she never actually made one, she just came out here and started wondering around with a blank expression on her face originally.

The topic seems to be based around why we live and why we die, although Darkangel did say:

"To live for that chance to die or die for that chance to give life to another, its all complicated but maybe someday we will all understand the true meaning of

We live, We die"

Now forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it means, we live and then yes, you guessed it, we die. Not too over complicated, fortunately.

If we're asking why we live and why we die though, well that has a different meaning all together.

We live because our lives are boring, to the point where we need a new one, to the point where we will spend hours upon hours a day becoming another person, a mafiosi. At some point though, we will die. Some by the hand of the Gods, others through war, some because their pretend boyfriends tell them to suicide (lol), no matter what though, it's true. We'll all die.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Aliens stepped into view behind Achilles and mumbled something about being a retarded idiot in need of medical attention at the mental hospital.

I'm sorry that you feel like there is too much OOCitis around here, it appears a few of my friends were enjoying a discussion that didn't pertain to you, and instead of leaving well enough alone and speaking out in another speech you decided on this one. A shame. I was enjoying my morning coffee and listening to these lovely beauties when you so rudely interrupted me. 

It would appear from the number of responses that she did in fact make a speech that everyone else in this conversation could understand, the fact that you couldn't would indicate a lack of education. I believe the grammar school to be in... 

Aliens pointed to the south east...

That direction. I'm sure they would welcome a new comer, even at your age.

The meaning of the conversation to me is quite simple. We live, and the life we live is up to us. However, then we inevitably die. How we die is also up to us in part. Simple enough.

It is a shame that most have forgotten how to treat other's with respect when a speech is made and a discussion is started. It does make those of us who had read our ancestors journals miss the old days when one was killed for their conduct in the streets. Alas, this is a new world we live in and one must always adapt or die.

Tipping his hat to the ladies Aliens wandered back over to the cafe table he was sitting at and sipped on his morning coffee before his drug route took him away from here.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Lack of education? Or Lack of telepathic abilities?

She didn't make a speech, apparently she was just thinking, someone even shouted at her to stop wondering around with her head down. Apparently though BCP, in some magical way, managed to figure out just what Darkangel was thinking and commented on it, thus creating a discussion around living and dying.

My initial response was regarding the insane amount of OOCitis as that was what had concerned me and prompted me to speak up, why would I comment anywhere else? It makes no sense. Since I was here I felt maybe I should touch upon what others had mentioned also.

There's really no need to mumble your insults, they literally mean nothing. As for disrespect, where is the disrespect? Even if there were any, I'm talking to a mere Earner.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: We live, We die
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL