Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 11:13:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
How little does an invite mean? Started by: -Draven- on Jun 24, '14 06:43

Redrum was wandering the streets when he stumbled across a large crowd of people. Only have caught the initial topic he butts in to state his opinion on the matter.

I've always wondered what exactly people defined whoring as. Is it simply messaging new players to try recruit them or is it just sending a invite? My ancestors have always believed it's a good thing to send a friendly message to a new face that arrives on these shores. Yes my intention would be to recruit them and sometimes it just doesn't pan out that way, the point is that's needed to not only grow a family but to get players active. People need to be engaged in convo or work, it makes them feel like they have a place on these shores and they most likely will become a active mobster who will return after death.

To simply send out invites as a recruitment style is flat out lazy. If that's the case then they shouldn't be a sponsor. It also makes me question their crew leaders ability at running a family. Are they aware of what's going on right under their nose, if not how come their so oblivious to it? Are they doing all they can to help mold their new players into Men and Women of Honor, or are they simply letting players knuckle under.

Should the GodFather council really have to step in and change this? Well that's a whole other subject that many can debate about. I personally believe that yes something should be done as if we just let this slide more will do it and eventually we'll have a major problem on our hands.

Redrum steps back into the shadows and wanders off throughout the streets.

Report Post Tip

To be short: sometimes, a life.

Report Post Tip

"That's the exact type of comment I would expect from someone who almost immediately sent an invite to all of Donnie's members probably without any discussion, RollinBlade. Many of them were IA so clearly you didn't speak to them about joining your family. Your comment has no substance, ignores everything but the title, and clearly misses the point. There needs to be more to the recruiting process and failed quips just show a complete and utter lack of understanding or caring about the actual subject."

Report Post Tip

Its my humble opinion an invite is kinda like a handshake. It shouldn't be the first words out of your mouth, but at the same time its nice to be open and honest if you're attempting to grow your family. A family tag means a lot around this thing of ours. Without it, I think everyone knows that the lifespan of the average thug can be very short. You also have to consider how many people in our world can issue an invite, when you think about those things and realize 'new blood' is a precious thing around here I think its okay to be a bit forward in offering someone a home. If they aren't respectable and or loyal that will usually show up very quickly, and when it does you're then in a good position to handle that either by releasing said problem person or helping them understand the error of their ways whether that comes in the form of a good talking to, or more extreme measures.

It would be nice to have hundreds or even dozens of fresh faces to choose from when growing ones family, however right now that is just not the reality of the world we live in soone has to adapt to the situation and balance being friendly, the need for new members, and the lack of those who doesn't already have family loyalty. Generally speaking, once one is in a family, they are there until they die, or start a family of their own. Now there are exceptions but they are few and far between. I would say when recruiting/inviting be friendly, offer to help, but at the same time don't hide your intentions if thats why you're striking up a conversation.

A initial message of "hi want a crew" is probably never going to be a good tactic though. While its direct, at least take the time to see if the person is really new or be friendly and offer to give them a bit of help first.

Just one womans thoughts...

-Vixy

Report Post Tip

"That's the exact type of comment I would expect from someone who almost immediately sent an invite to all of Donnie's members probably without any discussion, RollinBlade. Many of them were IA so clearly you didn't speak to them about joining your family. Your comment has no substance, ignores everything but the title, and clearly misses the point. There needs to be more to the recruiting process and failed quips just show a complete and utter lack of understanding or caring about the actual subject."

I am glad I didn't disapoint ur expectation IronSight, but when u accuse someone of something, it's not good to use the term "probably".

U c, first thing I explain to newcomers in my crew is why to put my family tag and why it is important, and do take the time to do it, unlike some CLs (U named 1). No tag wearing members, I don't invite, I simply shoot 'em, unless they were sympathetic to me at some point of their activity, in which caze I may even throw em an invite. Those wearing it, yes I do invite with sum message in the style of: "Hi there ex-member of The Fonz Appreciation Society, I notice ur CL is dead, probably 4 stalkin the streets and randomly provoking dudes there. It was his misconception of how to work his vision, the cause, probably. Now he's gone, wd u like to join our family?". Excuse me if I don't do it 100% of the time with members been inactive over a month becoz of the lack of time, but at least they took the time to tag their collar, and thus merit an invite i.e. a chance to survive in this cruel world of ours. So I don't think I have missed the point. Now that i said that, why does it bother u that I did invite the few tagged Donnies, and untagged at the time Whorable?

Oh and yeah, pardon me my style of writing, it's not disrespect, it's just my style.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Al_Capone smiles at all the wondering gangsters

"I would like to say today in age I have noticed myself that if I didn't send the invite some one else will.  Now be honest how many of you really send someone 50 messages before you invite them.  The way I viewed it then (meaning I will no longer do it to avoid any later conflict) was that I raised the made man standard in earnings and trust level. So yes Jono I have an open door policy to every member under made man.  I seen the time to get to made man was enough time to really get to know someone. Hell  I've had a member for 6 days now and we are just now really being open and talking way more often.  I was not doing this to offend anyone and I APOLOGIZE to anyone who took it personal.  You must learn from your mistakes. Forgive but don't forget."

Al_Capone lights up his blunt walks up to jono and ironsight specifically to shake their hands

"My apologies my friends."

Report Post Tip

In days past there were many members and few families. Now there are many families and few members. It all comes down to supply and demand. 

Report Post Tip

Once upon a time, leaders would be shot for this sort of shit. It's fucking shameless. There's nothing worse than scrounging for members. It's a fucking travesty, as those with enough respect not to do it will suffer because very few new mobsters will see the need to seek out a family when they have 30709233 mafioso's approach them asking to join their own.

There's really no surprises that it's happening with the mass amount of families around. To do as Al did though is just downright shocking to be honest, but then this again is no surprise either as their seems to be a new breed of mobster these days, thus creating a new breed of leaders with different principles and morals.

It really needs to stop, though.

RollinBlade, as for your comment. Fucken lolz. You are whoring ex members of the dead. You're throwing out invites without any knowledge of a person what-so-ever. I can half understand whoring new members and having some kind of conversation with them, you build a rapport and they work their way from being a lowly thug into a better mobster. However, your only reason for sending invites out to those who have lost their CL is simply to add more numbers to your family, not to help out a newcomer to our shores or a son/daughter of a past mafiosi. Granted the reason for recruiting overall is to gain numbers, but its also to mould the newcomers into the mafiosi you want them to be. What you're doing is just hoarding whoever you can. Imagine you send 10 invites out to ex members, 6 of those begin to rebel once joining your family and start shooting the attacker. It's going to look bad on you and your family if that sort of shit starts happening.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $300,000 Tip

I have read and seen what everyone has said and I think Achilles you have nailed exactly the point I was and have been thinking. After seeing tonights events it doesn't help to have witnessed it even more now. 

I wish sometimes people would see numbers truly aren't everything, and with bigger numbers sometimes, especially from those you don't know with rank, things can get ugly quick. Can.. not saying they will.  I do hope it works out well for those that are doing as others aren't.

Attention needs to shift I believe from ones own greed to that of the newer generations. It might just come out to be a good thing if it was, but as others have stated the world is changing.

Report Post Tip
You're able to read what people are speaking? Hrmm... I wish I had that skill.

Ras sticks his tongue out at Draven playfully.

On a more serious note, I too think Achilles pretty much hammered this one home. Though the world is most definitely changing, I can only hope it's not entirely too late to switch back.

There's a whole shitload of things on my list that could help do this, but alas, I drank far too much this evening and can barely stand up straight let alone form coherent thoughts.
Report Post Tip

"You're right rw318, it's on everyone and people who abuse sponsors are to blame as well but that's a lot harder to police. Realistically I don't think there's much if anything we can do even if I agree it is a serious problem. My opinion is that problems like this can't go ignored and I can attack one end of it so I'll do what I can where I can. Maybe we could help with the other end by speaking with the Gods about an indicator for first generation accounts or something but for now we can control how the recruiters approach them so I say we should do that."

While it is a lot harder to police, it's the major problem of the two if you ask me. I just can't get into forcing peoples hands and then smacking the fuck out them. Change needs to come from both sides otherwise there's no point in trying to change it at all. I'm sure active recruiters who really try, enjoy seeing the first mail someone sends out as "already have a family". 

It'll never get better only attacking one side.

Report Post Tip

BigBlack was standing in the back of the crowd listening to -Draven- give her speech about the invitation of new recruits to a family. He also listened while others spoke up and gave their opinions on the matter as well.  When all had given their opinions he decided to give his thoughts on the topic at had.

I see this is a very interesting topic.  I am sure all leaders want numbers in their families.  Numbers mean the family is stronger and quite possibly more money coming in which is what we are all about.  However, I do believe the old adage of quality over quantity hold true in this case.  Would  you rather have a headquarters with plenty of numbers but no work?  Or would you rather have a headquarters thats a bit smaller but full of a family that busts their ass each and every day earning.  I would much rather the latter.  The only way to assure this is the case is by proper recruitment.  You will have no idea about the individual you are sending the invite to unless you speak with them or quite frankly a better scenario which is to watch how they work.  Anyone can shoot you some bullshit lines about how great and loyal they are but only a few can back it up with the actual work.   You may get lucky sometimes by just winging out a few invites and actually scoring a recruit that is a sound worker, but in order to build a strong family proper recruitment is what is required.   

Report Post Tip

I am sitting here still unsponsored? why, simply because i am talking to a lot of people and some explain things down better then others.   Different sponsors so far have pointed out different strengths weaknesses of their district/city and why or how fresh blood can make a difference.  I am thankful of the patience of many as simply to me this is the decision. 

I have been given an invite but the person knows i am having a hard time deciding where my future lies.  So far i feel lucky not to have received invites without any communication and have had about 15 mails back and fore with the invite i have received.  I don't think it's needed to random invite just about anybody as the truth is, can gain any lump of scum enter with that policy even if it is frustrating when someone you worked hard on suicided days later without a word, or a trend where even those of made and above follow suit.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How little does an invite mean?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL