Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:29:08
Page:  1 
Golden Gloves 1st Round Results/Next Matchups Started by: Forever_Sexy on Jun 25, '14 17:01

The First

fs' Golden Gloves Tournament

Well folks, it was an exciting first night of fights.  We have plenty of knockouts and a few decisions.  Many surprises moving on to the next round.  Here's a recap of what all went down. Score cards are included. (1-6 score)

Princess v Rebecca

The first fight of the night started out very strong and very surprising as Rebecca came out swinging.  After a minute and a few big punches Princess was knocked back and most were worried she might not even make it out of the first round.  She ended up turning it around and landing a nice few punches before the round ended.  In the second round Princess kept up the pace and landed quite a few big hits as Rebecca tried to stick in the fight.  The third round ended up being the most exciting of the match as Princess seemed to continue her flurry just as Rebecca turned it back on to land a lot of big punches ending in a huge uppercut to end the round.  In the fourth, both opponents rained down punches trying to finish the other and by the fifth round they were both so tired they just threw a few jabs and danced around the ring.  The first fight landed in our first decision:

Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Final Score
Princess     4 5 5 5 3 19
Rebecca     6 3 6 5 3 20

Winner: Rebecca

Shaggs v TyrionLannister

There were plenty of laughs when Tyrion came out to fight for himself (there are no champions here), but he proved more than a worth fighter in his first fight.  He came out swinging, nailing body punch after body punch.  Shaggs kept things under control though, landing a few nice jabs before the round ended.  Both fighters looked a bit tired moving into the second round and seemed to most come in for a few jabs before moving back out for a moments rest.  Unfortunately this fight looked to be a bit lacking moving into the third as it seemed both fighters weren't conditioned past trying to knock their opponent out of the first round.  But, in the fourth both fighters found their second wind as they both decided they would be the winner of the match.  Both landed plenty of jabs and quick hits before moving out of the way for counters.  Tyrion continued his stretch of good fighting into the fifth round when he landed a large hit to Shaggs' stomach causing him to bend over.  That's when Tyrion landed one of the largest uppercuts I've ever seen ending Shaggs night.

Winner by TKO: TyrionLannister 

Kyubey v Inertia

After such an interesting second match, it was tough to see how this one would compete, but boy these two fighters gave us a great fight.  Inertia came out hard landing almost every punch she wanted to hit.  Kyubey looked like they were going to be knocked out early barely getting out of the first round.  The second round seemed like a mirror of the first with Kyubey seemingly just trying to survive the round.  And then something amazing happened.  I'm not sure who was in the corner giving advice, but Kyubey came out in the third like a bat out of hell landing hit after hit.  Inertia was unable to land one hit in the third and was even knocked down at one point.  In the fourth, Inertia brought it back a bit and landed quite a few nice jabs, but Kyubey could not be stopped.  Moving into the fourth, Kyubey's onslaught would not stop until about half way through when Inertia hit the ground for the final time.

Winner by TKO: Kyubey

Capitalist v KittyHawk

Both fighters seemed unprepared coming into the match.  After a few missed opportunities and a few landed jabs they both seemed to be winded and circled the ring preparing for the second.  Capitalist made a move in the fourth after KittyHawk seemed to step back for a breather.  Capitalist made a clean strike to the chest just slowing KittyHawk down even more.  Moving into the third, it seemed Capitalist had caught his breath and made some great moves landing a few great jabs and continuing to slow KittyHawk with body punches.  But KittyHawk wasn't giving up quite yet.  In the fourth they came out and landed a huge haymaker to start the round and send Capitalist back a step.  With a few nice jabs it seem KittyHawk was turning it around.  But then Capitalist came out in the fifth looking to finish the fight.  After a ton of big body shots, Capitalist landed would be the last shot to KittyHawk's face as the crashed to the floor.

Winner by TKO: Capitalist

Jono v Ironsight

It was fairly clear these two wanted to knock the hell out of each other coming into the match. Right after the bell they just started a fury of blows to each others faces.  Only taking a break to try to avoid haymakers, both fighter pounded the other the entire round.  This clearly had an impact moving into the second round as both fighters seemed winded and needing air.  Ironsight ended the round with a few body shots followed by a mean right hook.  After their one round breather, the fury was back on.  Both fighters continued their barrage of attacks with Ironsight finishing the round with an uppercut to send Jono back to his corner.  The last hit obviously had a large impact as Jono just didn't look the same going into the fourth.  A few nice jabs and a big left hand sent Jono to the floor.

Winner by TKO: Ironsight

Angus v Genocide

This fight started out looking to be the most technical fight of the night. Both fighter came out with precision and grace landing a few jabs and generally avoiding the counters.  Genocide finished the round with a nice right hook before going to the corner.  The second round wasn't so great as Angus got a nice hit on Genocide to start the round, opening an eye wound.  Angus tried to finish the fight, but Genocide avoided most hits to make it to the corner.  After getting patched up, Genocide started the third strong landing body punch after body punch.  Angus kept up but couldn't quite keep Genocide from landing a few nice hits to end the round.  The fourth almost seemed like a mirror of the third with Angus opening that eye injury early and Genocide dancing to the corner.  But in the fifth, both fighters decided it was time to end things.  I'm not sure how Genocide could even see by the end of the round but both he and Angus were landing blow after blow to each others face.  The bell rang and it went to the judges:

Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Final Score
Angus     3 3 4 3 6 13
Genocide     4 1 5 1 6 11

Winner: Angus

Headline Godfather fights

space-to-the-pole v Garrus_Vakarian

The polefather was clearly asserting his dominance in this fight.  He came out swinging, and Garrus never stood a chance.  Starting with what looked to be about 100 punches to the stomach, space-to-the-pole finished the round by hitting Garrus with a haymaker and when Garrus straightened up pole hit him with an undercut.  In the second, it seemed spae-to-the-poll was feeling a bit bad for Garrus and generally kept to body punches and a few light jabs.  Garrus could just not seem to get anything going.  It wasn't long into the third when space-to-the-pole pushed Garrus into the ropes and unleashed a fury of blows followed by a right-left combo that sent Garrus to the floor.

Winner by TKO: space-to-the-pole

Amethyst v BoxCutterPazzy

It seemed this would be a quick fight when BoxCutterPazzy entered the ring clearly having trained at the bar prior to coming to the match.  I suppose he thought he'd use a form of drunken boxing, but Amethyst was having none of it.  She quickly put him up against the ropes and unleashed a mad fury of strikes.  Someone must have given BCP plenty of water and a magical cure in the break because he seemed to be completely sober going into the second (that or his druken boxing plan was finally coming together).  He started out the round with a haymaker that had Amethyst stunned for the rest of the round.  After a few more jabs and a couple body hits the fighters went to their corners.  BCP came out in the third trying to finish the fight.  He walked right up to Amethyst and somehow tricked her into leaving her stomach open.  After landing a crushing shot to the stomach he fired a right, a left, and followed it with an uppercut that landed Amethyst on the ground.  She did make it back up and to her corner to finish the round.  In the fourth, Amethyst was clearly not going to give up.  She landed quite a few nice strikes and BCP gave them right back to her.  It was all pretty even until Amethyst had a flurry of strikes to end the round.  She continued with a few nice strikes going into the fifth, but then nearing the end of the round BCP took a deep breath and landed the biggest right hook I've ever seen.  Amethyst fell to the ring as BCP watched.

Winner by TKO: BoxCutterPazzy

Well there you have it.  First round is complete, and here are your matchups for the next round:

Rebecca v TyrionLannister

Kyubey v Capitalist

Ironsight v Angus

space-to-the-pole v BoxCutterPazzy

Report Post Tip
I call shenanigans.
Report Post Tip

Grabbing a beer from his cooler at the postfight press conference, BCP appears a bit tired but very happy with the result.

First off, I'd like to thank the bosslady for taking this fight with me. Was a hell of a fight, she really is a great fighter and it could easily have been her uphear talking to you all. SO nice fight Boo, just wait to demote me til after the boxing card is over.

Chugging his beer, BCP cracks another and takes a reporters question, "So now that you dispatched of one godmother, are you ready to take on another in your next fight?".

Ok Mr.Reporterass, I did not "dispatch", I merely came out ahead in a hell of a fight. But to answer your question. Of course I am. New York is home to the elite, so I fully expect Godfather Pole to bring his "A" game to this fight. It won't be enough, but i think you all will like this fight. Now thats all I gotta head to the bar to recoup and hope I am not locked out the the HQ since i did see my Godmothers bodygaurds talking to my manager. Pretty sure he handed her my key, so I think i still have a cheap hotel or two I can find a room at.

BCP chugs his beer, pushes the AssReporter out of his way and heads out to get ready for the next round in what sound be another great fight.

Report Post Tip

Angus feels his arm being raised towards the sky by the match referee and can't quite believe it. For the last round he was running on pure adreniline and isn't really able to comprehend much at all apart from the taste of victory, or is it blood.. he's not too sure right now.

Offering his hand to his opponent Genocide he can show nothing but huge respect and regard, the Chicago fighter's resilience simply knew no bounds right up to the very end.

That was one hell of a fight Genocide, I can only hope that I can get myself patched up for the next bout.

Report Post Tip

lronSight begins bouncing up and down while pounding on his chest,

"You never had a chance Scouse! Now get out of my sight before I take that scalp of yours as my prize right here and now!"

lronSight turns to the rest of the crowd,

"My training will probably soften up with my primary target down, but I don't think I need to really prepare for a midget, a drunk, or the rest of you chumps."

lronSight pushes BoxCutterPazzy out of the way while making his way towards the door. He then accidentally puts a foot into Tyrion's thigh not realizing the midget was down there. After finally making it out of the crowd he reveals the fact that he had hidden something under his robe after the fight. It was the hubcap the scouse lord's ancestor stole from his very own ancestor. He held it over his head with pride the whole walk home back to the HQ muttering to himself,

"I have his pride, his hubcap, and his rights to life in my hands. Today is a good day."

Report Post Tip

Capitalist strolls through the hall where the scores were posted and says

"This outcome was not a shock, I was fighting a kitten, if I had brought a spray bottle the fight would've lasted 1 second. Best of luck Kyubey you'll need it

Report Post Tip

He smiled at the result. He was good friends with Inertia but that meant nothing in a fight. He played his best and took his hits, she nearly beat him but he prevailed in the end. He hugged her and smiled.

"You did good! I'm sorry if I hurt you, dear! It was all in good fun though, besides, I think I took more of a beating then you did! I didn't know women hit so hard."

He laughed and looked around. A couple of the other winners were standing around shit talking. It wasn't really his style though. He heard his future competitor Capitalist speak up. He wished him luck, how sweet.

"Hi there. I think it'll be you needing the luck, friend. Best of luck regardless. I'm sure we'll both do well!"

Report Post Tip
Fs is it possible to have a bonus round?
Inertia and I have a wresting match we need to do...

I would also like to thank Rebecca for knocking out Princess! I don't know you but you are now my favorite person in this world.
Report Post Tip

BigHurt sat in his chair, behind his desk, when one of the boss lady's body guards came in with a note. He unfolded the paper to read:

'The results are in.. BCP defeats Amethyst in the Golden Glove Challenge! BCP moves onto round 2'

"So he did it... beats the boss and now he's fighting STTP.. " 

~pours some more whiskey in his glass~

BH leaned back in his chair, swishing around the whiskey in his glass, then swigs his drink. "This could get fucking interesting" he says to himself. 

Report Post Tip

Inertia sincerely hugged Kyubey back. 

"Congratulations, it was a great fight! Too bad we had to face each other in the first round, but hey, I suppose it meant either way our family would be represented in the next round. Don't worry about hurting me, the swelling on my eye will go down eventually! 

As for not knowing women could hit so hard...." Inertia pauses for dramatic effect "I don't hit half as hard as LF, so don't get on her bad side! That woman has got a mean left hook!" She playfully demonstrates a left hook followed by an uppercut.

"Best of luck in the next rounds though! I'll be rooting for you!!!"

Inertia turns around and sees OrangeJuice- yelling up at Forever_Sexy. She giggles at his suggestion, and makes a beeline to him and tackles OrangeJuice- to the ground.

"Forever_Sexy! I agree! We all need to see me win against this crazy guy, could it also be in a kiddie pool full of orange jell-o?!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Golden Gloves 1st Round Results/Next Matchups
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL