Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 02:23:45
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
solution time: Recruiting Started by: AdmiralAckbar on Jun 27, '14 11:04

Admiral Ackbar still sitting on the front of his car sees upper structure mobsters joining in on the discussing. The information they are giving is clear and they all have their way in recruiting. It seems as if there is no problem at all but if we look at the facts there is definitely something wrong in the picture these days. 

Before I will reply to each one of you I would like to take a little more time to observe the comments on this matter and give other mafiosi the chance to  join in on this discussion. I would like to add that my goal is to bring in something new to this thing of ours to push the quality of business up around here. 

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I do not see anyone telling me that it's all fine here and nothing should change at all. If you are one of those mafioso that DOES think the current situation is healthy. Speak up as well, as you opinion could be crucial and open new doors!

(ooc: within the next few days I will review my idea with the input of this thread. Within that thread I will try and covert all the comments into a valid solution that will hopefully be approved by the majority)

​Admiral Ackbar lights an other cigarette and awaits other mobsters gather around. Still waiting for godfathers to hit the streets. 

Report Post Tip

I have an even better idea. Leave them alone. Why must they be approached?

May I revert back to this statement made by Achilles? I personally think things should be like this. Leave the new players to come to sponsors/Crew leaders like they used to have to. Shame people for whoring. This leaves the choice purely up to the new mobster who has just landed on theses shores instead of being bombarded with messages. It could also encourage more families to use the Job Board as new players would automatically be doing crimes for you crime family. 

Just my opinion but I would love to see the game go back to the way it used to be in terms of recruiting.

Report Post Tip

Ok, as a potential recruit when my family returned from an elongated break to these shores, they were lost and confused, one person made more time then anyone else for them, if they had not talked to this person in particular they would never have joined the family they did and probably not stuck around or taken a legit job or been shot down by some scumbag.

the truth is the only real fix to the recruitment problem is less crews, and the districts who recruit enough active is fair play they grow as reward.    The truth is we have crime empires operating out of too many districts and cities and is not really sustainable.  Some recruitment mails i received were as blunt as want to join my crew and also not having a clue to answer the questions i had when i replied the mails.   

So my thoughts are:

1. Limit crews.

2. Train sponsors

3. If your promising positions and not keeping these promises then why would some of these people want to stick around?

on to another point made

As I let this all seep in I will try and re describe what we want and what the current situation is.

1. We do not want to rush thug into decisions they may regret later and become inactive criminals. 

2. A point of discussion: Should we hold their (new mobsters) hands once they hit the streets ? Or should they survive on the guidance of the gods ? 

Some points that have become clear so far are. . . 

1. Sponsors that rush invites should have there sponsor pin removed.

2. Thugs should receive a longer period of time to decide what crew they will join

It seems that there are still some points of discussion (also not mentioned in this reply). But in the end we will need a practical, simple solution. Even though after all that has been said I think it would have a positive impact if we give it a try. I also want to hear godfathers and crewleaders about this matter. 

Back to the point;

'Thugs are only allowed to be contacted by sponsors from the same city as they are from. If they want to join a crime syndicate from a different city they will do so on there own, asking a crewleader of sponsor for work.' admiral pauses and waits for mobsters to reply on his suggestion.

Yes or no ? and why ? 

1. Some crews don't mind the ia's as gives a) an artificial view of strength, b) target practice for them and their families/

2. I believe you have to find the members level to know how much hand holding is needed, to come back to districts was a shock to me, and several other changes.

3. The truth is who is going to supervise such a system. with me receiving maybe 20 mails about joining a crew in 6 hours not many crews will admit who they gained or how?

Report Post Tip
Haven steps up and raises an eyebrow.

Sponsors are probably our biggest problem, in the old days only the cl's and his/her hands could invite people, I kinda miss this method, more people went unnoticed though and the gods were displeased. From that they introduced sponsors so we'd have more active recruiters, and, in my opinion, we're over killing it.

Sponsors tend to whore more because random people are being told "go recruit" given a few fliers and sent out to bring in new blood. This needs to stop. Sponsors should be better selected, better trained and most of all, they need to get to know people. Even old lines shouldn't just be given an invite because they choose to join your family.. Do you know their family history? What if they feel jaded over the lose of their father or mother, a good sponsor can often ease that and sometimes prevent the guy from exacting revenge...

I'd like to see more new bloods taught our ways by sponsors as well, I have many a time been talking to a kid and found they don't know hide from holster... Yet they're being ignored by the very people who shanghaied them into a family, yes, I'm saying they're basically being kidnapped, often getting an invite before even being talked to and accepting them like it's oc request, not a life's choice.

We can't expect these people to know our rules and our ways, can't expect them to even understand which way a gun goes. (Not that anyone here shoots anything..) Yet were pissing and moaning at the recruitment methods? Crew leaders pick recruiters, crew leaders should be making sure they're taking care of said recruits. Either way, splitting people up by city is ridiculous, I'd rather bad sponsors have their merits taken and their associates split amongst others in the families they're with, for whoring, and better trained sponsors...

With all due respect, it's the quality of the recruiters that should come under question, not the cities recruits come from. These are men and women, not market produce to be split amongst the city's then torn to bits.

Say no to member whoring... Say yes to teaching better methods.
Report Post Tip

I agree with most of the people who have spoken here.

The state of recruiting in our world pains me. A new face off the boats is given waaay too much attention. Why? Just so you can get another warm body in your HQ. Just to make a few extra dollars or in quite a few cases to get ourselves or our leaders to Godfather.

While I realize the fact that our world and livelihoods are built on this same money, I refuse to believe we need to resort to such desperate tactics to get a filled up HQ.

An associate you went to desperate lengths to whore is not the same as one who approached you on his own volition. One believes that you owe him something and the other wants to work for you. The way a new face asks you to join his crew is the first test for anyone. It shows you what kind of a person this kid is.

Sadly, we can't put all the blame on the leaders. What else do you expect with so many districts and so many crews? People can't just wait for recruits anymore,can they? Nope. They have got to go out to the dock and wait for any prospective mafioso and shove a flyer in his face. The number of districts and therefore, the number of districts is a major contributor to this fiasco.

Mehh, all these words are not going to make a difference. Actions make differences.

Which is why neither my Family nor I will resort to 'memberwhoring' anymore(not that we were doing an immense whoring job anyway). Either they come to us or we don't get anyone. I honestly don't care if I ever fill my HQ up with uppity young cunts who I have to promise the world to just to get them to wear a damn crew tag. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you my fluffy friend for making my life so much easier, and allowing me to speak less!

I can't put the blame on any one group. We are all to blame. From the people fresh off the boat, to the sponsors to CLs and finally right up top to the Godfathers. Everybody is guilty of a small part of it all going downhill.

Which is why neither my Family nor I will resort to 'memberwhoring' anymore(not that we were doing an immense whoring job anyway). Either they come to us or we don't get anyone. I honestly don't care if I ever fill my HQ up with uppity young cunts who I have to promise the world to just to get them to wear a damn crew tag. 

My family has also adopted this. We will be taking advantage of the jobs the Gods have blessed us with. It will be made clear as they complete jobs they will need to approach me or one of my sponsors if they wish to join my family. If they don't pay attention to the job and miss out on the memo, that is on them. We don't need people that can't pay attention to simple details. I know this will put my family on the back burner when it comes to getting heads to fill the Manor, but I'd rather have a few go-getters than mindless drones. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: solution time: Recruiting
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL