Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 13:44:17
Page:  1 
GG Round 2 Results and Next Round Matchups Started by: Forever_Sexy on Jun 30, '14 13:47

The First

fs' Golden Gloves Tournament

Last night we had round 2 of the Golden Gloves tournament.  Here are the results:

Rebecca v TyrionLannister

Both fighters started our night with a good showing. Rebecca came out with a few strong jabs, but Tyrion really finished it up with a few nice body shots followed by a strong left to send us out of the first round.  From there it was just a pity to watch for Tyrion as Rebecca came out to start the second with a few huge haymakers that clearly rattled Tyrion.  The struggles continued into the third as Rebecca continued to wail away while Tyrion could merely wait for the round to end.  The fourth round brought us to a close as Rebecca pummeled Tyrion with a huge 1-2 combo.

Winner by TKO: Rebecca

Kyubey v Capitalist

Capitalist came out of the gates swing.  Immediately landing a large right hook to set the tone for this fight.  After a few more hits, Kyubey turned it around a bit heading into the bell.  After landing a few nice body shots and a few to the face the bell rang.  Capitalist started the 2nd round with a huge hit to Kyubey's chest that had him winded for the rest of the round.   Heading into the third it was clear both fighters were winded.  Kyubey seemed to be getting the better of Capitalist, but neither fighter had much going.  That all changed after the start of the fourth. Capitalist clearly wanted to end it and Kyubey didn't want to see his chances stop here.  But it was Capitalist with a sneaky undercut that sent Kyubey packing.

Winner by TKO: Capitalist

Ironsight v Angus

It was a very technical, all be it slow, start to the fight between Angus and Ironsight.  Both fighters were meticulously searching for an opening that neither opponent was willing to give.  Both got a few body shots and and Angus got a right hook in on Ironsight to end the round.  The next round was better for both fighters as they came out trying to kill the stamina out of each other.  Mainly focusing on body shots, both fighters seemed to be winding their opponent.  Again a nice shot at the end of the round for Angus sent us to the bell.  The third clearly showed both fighters were tired.  Mostly jumping around the edge near the ropes both fighters got a few hits in but that was it.  Ironsight clearly caught his breath after that and came out very strong to finish the last two rounds. In the fifth, he landed a few nice combos followed by a haymaker to end the round.  And in the sixth showed more of the same.  However, neither fighter was able to end the other before the final bell.

Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Final Score
Ironsight 2 4 1 6 6 19
Angus 3 5 1 2 3 14

Winner: Ironsight

space-to-the-pole v BoxCutterPazzy

BCP came out with a fire in his eyes that scared even me.  It was not long after the bell that he started throwing huge hits everywhere.  After a few large hits to the chest and a gigantic haymaker to his face, space-to-the-pole wasn't looking too good.  He got in a few jabs to end the round.  The onslaught continued into the second with BCP knocking space back a few steps right after the opening bell.  After a large right hand, space's left eye opened up and it was clearly hurting his vision. He made it back to his trainer before he couldn't see anything.  The third just seemed to be a continuation of the first two rounds with BCP coming right out with a large right jab and started focusing on the body.  After a few more shots to the chest BCP reared back and gave everything he had into a right-handed haymaker that sent space to the ground.

Winner by TKO: BoxCutterPazzy

And here are your Semi-Final matchups:

Rebecca v Capitalist

Angus v BoxCutterPazzy

Report Post Tip

I've been informed of my miss-announcement.

Ironsight v BoxCutterPazzy will be our second fight.

Sorry for the confusion.  We're still looking for a publicist over here.

Report Post Tip

I call fix.... I cant loose a fight to someone with the name pazzy, it makes no sense! horseplay, horseplay I tell ye!

Report Post Tip

As soon as I was matched against a female I knew it was curtains for this little imp. Good fight Rebecca, good luck for the next round!

What I did wonder though.. You have 4 fighters, but prizes for first, second and third.. How do you determine who is 3rd? Do the two losers in the next round then fight each other?

Report Post Tip

Correct, sir.  The finals week will feature 2 fights as well as the semi's.  The loser of the opening match will walk away with nothing.

Report Post Tip

BigHurt sends his two head bodyguards to bring BCP to his office.. "Bring his ass here like yesterday!" he says to his head guard. "Sir.. we've brought him as you've asked." BigHurt stands up as BCP walks through the door. "My boy!" BH says to BCP. They shake hands as BCP clears his throat.. "Yes sir. What can I do for you?"

"I just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your upcoming fight. You've done a fine job thus far! You're making the family proud my friend!" BigHurt says with a smile. "Thank you.. I'm just doing what I do!" says BCP. BigHurt looks up with a grin.. "Go on and train some more.. I know you're eager and hungry for another win."

BCP  starts for the door and stops, looking back, and nods his head. 

Report Post Tip

BCP exits his talk with BigHurt feeling good and heads for a training bar. Busting through the door, BCP orders 2 shots of whiskey and downs them quick.

Thats for a good jab right there.

Orders another and downs it.

Theres the uppercut. 2 Godfathers up and 2 went down. Now for the Wrench Master.

Orders 2 more and relizes he needs to train harder.

Bartender, line them up got the semis coming up and I need to be at my best to take down Mr.Wrench. Shouldn't take much but keep them flowing. Poppa needs a new bar tab, bottoms up!

BCP starts taking shots till the sun comes up.

Report Post Tip

A couple hours had passed since BCP had headed to the bar to train after leaving HQ and having had agood meet with BigHurt. Through the doors of the bar walks BigHurt. "Tender! The next few rounds are on me. Line that shit up!" he says.. smirking at BCP. BigHurt takes the seat next to his colleague at the bar...

"I heard you were here my boy. Thought I'd join you. Hope you don't mind. Besides.. it's been a long day. Needed to unwind." 

The bartender lined up 8 shot glasses.. filling them one after the other to the top. BigHurt looks over to his left at BCP with a smirk.. "Ready.. set.. let's do this shit! GO!!!"

Report Post Tip

.,.,.,.,.,.®S.....® 

Report Post Tip

A young man in a well tailored suit walks through the streets and walks to where a few people still stood talking about the fights. He takes a deep breath before speaking up.

Hello there.  My name is FutureStealer, and I'm the son of Forever_Sexy.  First of all my father wanted to thank you all for your participation in his fights.  Unfortunately we had to use all funds to try to keep him alive in the hospital, so there is no more money for the tournament winners.

I'm more than happy to hold the final fights if the fighters are willing, but there will be no money involved.  Fighters please let me know what you'd like to do.

Thank you for your time.

Report Post Tip

lronSight begins taping up his hands to prepare for the training required in the days ahead of him, he steps forward while doing so and clears his throat.

"Unfortunate events happen. I'm so sorry for your loss and in the spirit of the games going on I'll happily send a check of $500,000 to the winner of this event. Hopefully the community interested in the fights will also be chipping in and I'd like to offer more myself but I'm also on a stricter budget these days."

lronSight turns to BoxCutterPazzy and laughs,

"I hate to break this to you, but unlike your last opponents I have a working man's jaw. You'll take note that it isn't made of glass and I fully plan on beating you into Abused and Afraid... or whatever AA really stands for. I fully plan on beating you within an inch of your life and training for this like I did for the Scouse. I have a lot more possibly long winded threats I could give, but that's about all of my time that you're worth you second rate never-has-been."

lronSight slams both fists onto a railing in front of him, mockingly salutes the man and begins walking away.

Report Post Tip

BCP listens to IronSight and laughs. Seeing as he knows they both like to fight he decides to purpose something.

I am sorry to hear about your father but I think he might be able to figure something out. I will fight this chump for free or cash. Iron jaw, I'm doubting that. SO prize money or no prize money I still want this fight. The other 2 can decide what they want to do on their own. But i think us 2 here still have to see who should win this fight.

BCP tosses the contract on the ground and throws the gloves at IronSight.

Its up to the promotor now, but I'm down. Listen to all the smack you been talking in every training bar I go into has me convinced this fight need to happen regardless. If the other 2 want to stay in then the winners can have a finale. If not, we will call this the finale as I truely think it is the true finale.

Looks at the promoter.

Your call man, we both are down to set this in motion.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: GG Round 2 Results and Next Round Matchups
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL