Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 13:57:16
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Increased XP on OOC Posts. Started by: Squishy on Jul 01, '14 17:55

We will be increasing the XP received on OOC posts by end of day.  As a reminder, OOC is for talk about the game itself, mafia, irc, or things direcrtly related to the game.  It is not for Coke versus Pepsi, Battle Raps, or OMG JUSTIN BEIBER IS DREAMY type posts. 

Sooo, OOC = More XP please.

OOC != Beiber Pepsi Raps

PS. This is for XP, and XP only.

Report Post Tip
Will this be backlogged?
Report Post Tip

Good idea!  24 hours form now, we will go back 24 hours and give XP.

Report Post Tip

(Heh, basically no, we will not be backlogging it, it is from this point forward)

Report Post Tip

why does something OOC affect a character? seems counter productive IMO

Report Post Tip

Not all debates work well done in an RP fashion.  Not all conversations are effective in RP fashion.  There are some times OOC is just better suited to effectively communicate with others but are still deserving of similar XP as the streets.

Report Post Tip

The time and effort that a lot of people put into writing streets threads doesn't seem to have a great impact XP wise. I think it'd do more to encourage people to actually use the streets and use them well if we saw a greater XP reward there, to be honest.

Report Post Tip

i still dont see why something literally titled "out of character" can get your character XP, perhaps a rename of the OOC forum may be due, change the streets to "RP" and OOC to "non-rp" or something that way makes more sense atleast in my opinion

Report Post Tip
While I think this is a great addition. I think, as Maria had noted, The Streets should've been enhanced first.

XP should be boosted much more for Street posts and shouldn't be noted much for OOC.
Report Post Tip
I am aware that this has a big "this is for XP, and XP only" at the bottom there. However, due to a current debate, does this affect VIP for OOC threads/posts?
Report Post Tip

Whilst in theory this is a great idea I can only see it backfiring, which has kind of been proved already.

I appreciate you guys trying hard to push this game into something it should be; a rich, eloquent ORPG but with the current (for the most part) crop of leaders I cannot see it being a good thing.

I would totally support ideas which make it much harder to gain a bold suit, if you could thrash out ideas which would make it harder to obtain such stature I would be all ears.......

Report Post Tip
I am aware that this has a big "this is for XP, and XP only" at the bottom there. However, due to a current debate, does this affect VIP for OOC threads/posts?

Reply by: CherryDarling at Jul 06, '14 02:35

No. The amount of VIP points given from OOC threads/posts was not altered with this change. Yes, they do give VIP points, and yes, they have for quite some time now.

(Though a significant amount less than Streets/Business District).
Report Post Tip
I wasn't certain about this change myself in the beginning, but there have been some interesting discussions created in OOC since. I hope it won't discourage anybody for visiting The Streets to make their point, but it's a positive change if it continues to prod those that are more confident they can convey their views more concisely in OOC - and in the long term, it's possible the quality of threads will continue to increase.
Report Post Tip

is there really no making anyone happy?

im mean seriously, Squishy and his team spend countless hours of the day and night finding ways to improve the game experience and everytime he makes a change someone always has a fucking gripe.

be happy your getting the XP boost, he didnt have to change that at all. Matter of fact, be happy that you have what little say you do have. there are games where the admins dont even interact with user database and do shit with or without your input, whether you like it or not.

its fucking unbelieveable how much bitching, moaning , and graoning goes on here.

Report Post Tip

No. The amount of VIP points given from OOC threads/posts was not altered with this change

With what you not being an Admin Ras, it could be extremely beneficial to explain what makes you so sure on this point. Was it something that was said in IRC to confirm this, either directly to you or in the main DL room? Just curious, I don't expect you'd answer on behalf of the admins if you weren't certain of your answer, but would be nice to know where your facts came from.

Report Post Tip

This change only increased the amount of XP you received for your work - there are no other changes, VIP is not changed, vision is not changed, literally the only thing this does is increases the amount of XP you get.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Increased XP on OOC Posts.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL