Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 05:09:52
Page:  1 
PP Friendly-WTF. Seriously? Started by: Segretezza on Jul 05, '14 20:46

Segretezza shakes his head and approaching the schlubs gathered on the street begins to speak......

So, some people got mugged today.  That'll teach them to stick their hands in my pockets.  The response however, was a little perturbing.  After gathering my thoughts and coming up with alibi's for the filth I returned home to a couple of mails which, in a nutshell, took the following format:

Hey, 

You should really indicate on your lapel that you are not friendly to being pick pocketed.

REALLY? 

I mean, seriously, what the flying fuck?  Has our community really descended into a bunch of hand holding, fassie cunts?  I would like to think otherwise but on this evidence I seem to have been proved wrong on so many levels.

What the fuck do people expect?  

You stick your hands into a mobsters pockets and that mobster happens to see you, what else do you expect?  A pat on the back, maybe a kiss and a hug and some loose change for a scotch down at the local speakeasy?  

If you don't want to be mugged, why not just attack the plethora of corrupt agents wandering our streets?  Seriously, they seem to love it, not once in my lifetime nor my ancestors do I have one documented case of a reaction from these schlubs.  

<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">If I had my way, these </font>friendly<font color="rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)">/unfriendly badges would be banished from our world, pick pocketing is about taking a risk no?  Where is the fun in something that carries no risk?  I sure as hell can't find any.</font>

But what do I know hey?  After all, I am just a lowly Gangster trying to make an honest cent or two.

In the words of one of our forefathers:

Let the ass-kissing and abuse commence.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Garrus hears the young mans speech, and steps forward to respond. But, before he can he see's a mobster grab from his pockets.. He grabs the mans hand then breaks it. After that, Garrus takes part of the mans money he had on him.

"Now what you just saw here is a pickpocket and a mugging happen within seconds of one another. I myself have never and will never put a Pickpocket status on my profile. Why? Because if someone wants to steal from me how can I tell them no? Most people don't listen to that status anyways. I know I sure as hell don't, why would I need someone permission to steal?"

Garrus then takes a second to light a cigarette.

"If you want to react then that is your choice, I will deal with it. I know the consequences for stealing as does every other member of this community."

Report Post Tip

I dont wear the pp friendly/unfriendly mark simply because i think it would ruin the simplicity of my profile, 

if you want to stick your hands in my pockets feel free, just dont think youll walk away unharmed. 

Report Post Tip

Heh, whenever I see these stupid 'pickpocket un-friendly' tags it makes me want to pick the hell out of their pockets even more. However, I have respect and a deep seeded love for the meaning of rank.

This is why you will never see me picking the pocket of someone who out ranks me. If someone out ranks me then they have nothing to worry about with my hands being in their pockets. However, If I out rank my potential victim I will pick pocket them regardless of what ever stance they may have on the subject. 

If I get caught and get a beating in return... then so fucking be it. I took the chance and I'll take the damned risk without crying about it. After all, I did just steal from someone. 

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't expect anything less Genocide.

In fact, I would be most upset if you saw me and took no action.  

Report Post Tip

Like others have said I personally do not wear a silly tag stating if i'm friendly or unfriendly. 

I like the reactions of some. I'm an avid pickpocketer and I often attempt people that are unfriendly more often then people who are friendly. It gives me some excitement and I sure do like free money.

Me personally? I've never mugged anyone. I'm a nice cat by nature, but if one was to pickpocket me and not be friendly, I'd claw them to oblivion.

It's exciting to steal money from a mobster. Did they see me do it? Who knows. It's all in good fun for me.

Report Post Tip
Ras had been walking by and noticed a small gathering. Overhearing the words "Pickpocketing" and "Mugging" he couldn't help but resist to stick his hands in the pockets of Segretezza. Grinning as he thumbed through the $5,000 he'd just obtained, Ras made a note to have his accountant wire $1 back to the man.

"Ahh... Pickpocket/mugging debate, though this one has a bit of a spin on it. More often than not with these types of debates you'll see the normal bicker and banter between folks over whether it's "right or wrong" to be PP Friendly/Unfriendly, and I must say I quite like the little twist on this one. This is merely a debate on wearing the tags, period."

"Personally, I don't wear a tag in regards to this aspect of our life for a few reasons. First and foremost, I like my suit to be well maintained and I find that I quite like everything that's there already (hidden or not). The second being that I, like a few others have stated, don't think anyone should give a flying monkey's dick whether I am claiming to be friendly or not. This is not Kindergarten, and we're not the god damn Girl Scouts. We are hardened criminals who will do whatever it takes to make a quick buck. That being said, I find it most thrilling to delve into the pockets of those who aren't friendly to it, merely to test my skills as a ninja. It's even more fun to wire them back $1 after!"

Ras winks at Segretezza before lighting a cigar and puffing on it slowly, slipping back into the shadows.

(OOC: As it were, in the Mafia of real life - it actually IS frowned upon to steal from other criminals who have mob affiliations :\)
Report Post Tip

What I consider disrespectful is stealing from another mobster that shares your district (or sometimes city) and refusing to repay. Yeah, we're all out to make a quick buck, but have some form of fucking unity for your own sake.

Tags are only a way to make one feel in control. Sure, many people do respect an individual's stance on pickpocketing but in the end tags do nothing. Those who complain about being pickpocketed, or express pickpocket unfriendly, then go off and get caught in your personals...well they'll get what's to them.

I think naturally every mafioso should be unfriendly to thieves. It should go without saying. I'm not sure when being friendly to having your money stolen became a thing. Who knows, maybe we'll see people start claiming to be wack friendly soon.

Report Post Tip

BigBlack listened to the topic discussed and felt he had a strong enough stance on the matter to voice his opinion on it. 

Being new to these shores I had a look around at what the other mobsters were doing in relation to picking others pockets.  I also watched others to see what they were wearing as suits.  I believed it to be the norm to have your stance on the issue written on your suit so I did the same.  I am seriously reconsidering this though as I agree with what some have already stated here.

It is not really  mobster like to profess your stance openly on your suit.  It is also not becoming of a member of organized crime to steal from another member.  Unless they want to end up swimming in the river some where or cut up and thrown into a cement drum.    

Report Post Tip

As far as I'm concerned, you take the risk you take the consequences. Simple as that. The onus is not on the victim to make their status clear, it is on the assailant, if they don't want to be mugged, not to try and take the risk. If you don't want to be mugged, don't take any chances.

Report Post Tip

Well, I'm certainly glad that you aren't getting your way. I quite like having the pp friendly tag as I find it encourages interaction between mobsters. Which is a good thing. Especially for someone like myself who doesn't have a HUGE circle of friends. If you want more mystery then just move on to the next untagged person. Ultimately it doesn't affect you that much other than being inconvenienced to know that I won't mug you. 

Thank you though, ser. I'd forgotten to add the PP friendly tag, which I've just corrected. 

Report Post Tip
I think the pp friendly tag does not encourage people to communicate.
you look at their profile, see the tag, pick their pocket and move on.

if a player doesnt have the tag then it is your responsibility to mail that player and ask them their stance on pickpocketing.
That encourages player communication, nobody should have to wear the tag in their profile.
if you dont even have the courtesy to ask someone if you can pp them then you deserve to get your ass mugged.
Report Post Tip
A tattoo on your suit jacket, or anywhere on your body really doesn't encourage communication. Rarely have I ever been witness to someone reaching out and inquiring about stealing someones money before doing it. The tattoo merely provides the potential thief an easy out if they're caught stealing. They can just retort something along the lines of 'your tattoo says you're friendly to having your money stole' and that is supposed to clear up any issues.

As a thief who has lined his pockets nicely over the pasted few days, I pay no attention to these tattoos or logos. I care simply about the money that's within your wallet. Either I'm going to steal from you and make my day a little brighter, or you're going to catch me and I'll pay the price. You catch me and beat me, not a single word of complaint will be muttered from me. I know the risk that accompanies ever potential wallet I reach for.

In another time I was friendly with a gentlemen who tattooed 'Not Wack Friendly' on his forehead. He was a strange lad to say the least, but in the end he was wacked. No one paid attention to his tattoo, while that was said, it just proves your tattoos are meaningless. From time to time I miss the guy, he was a special kind of weird that this world needs.
Report Post Tip

McMurphy stroked his chin as various fellas spoke, the subject was pick-pocketing, something he'd thankfully not suffered from as yet.

Well see if a chappie puts his hands in my pockets, I figure he's either trying to stroke my snake, or take my money. I wouldn't be too happy with either, and I don't see why you need to carry around a fuckin' sign saying so.

Don't see many signs carried around sayin' don't fuckin' shoot me, do ya?

He shook his head, and gave a shrug.

If someone's gotta have it spelled out for them, maybe they ain't runnin' on a full battery, ya know?

Report Post Tip
Marcio listens carefully to the men speaking, then waits for his turn

Honestly, I think that pickpocketing is a risk every person takes when they decide to put their hands in someone's pockets, but the fact that some people walk around carrying badges that they don't want to be pickpocketed or that they want their money back is blatantly stupid.

I personally have never heard of a thief running back to his victim with an envelope filled with cash. Really? How about a kiss on the cheek too?

I agree with Ox here about pickpocketing people from the district or crew. But not the payback point, thieves don't payback... But respect should be held for your fellow mobsters, you shouldn't steal from your own people, not steal from them and pay them back. That sounds as stupid as asking people to refrain from touching your pockets.

A thief is a thief, it's our way of life after-all. We do all sorts of illegal actions to make money, we sell drugs and risk getting caught, we kill people and risk getting killed for it, but we still take the risk.

Why does pickpocketing have to be different?! If you are afraid to be mugged, do as the guy said, go for one of those corrupted officers, who would be happy to have their money stolen and just get over it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The truth of the matter is most people will do what they want whether your signed pp friendly, unfriendly or not at all.   Is it theft if your asking permission, not really, do some people pay back to lessen the alleged humiliation or bg check of pp'ing of course.  Different people will have aversions to hands in their pockets for different reasons whether seen as an attack, bg check or just the a blatant dislike.

Should people follow the family rules of course, secondly some districts don't like to intervene in pp problems, so often will say, don't pp if don't want to get mugged or we don't intervene.

Report Post Tip

I dont know what to say to this, just looking around a little.

I respect peoples wishes but if they pp me i mug :) 

Report Post Tip

A tattoo on your suit jacket, or anywhere on your body really doesn't encourage communication.

I actually said "interaction" which doesn't necessarily have to involve communication. If I pickpocket someone back after they've pp'd me, that's interaction that might not have occurred had I not included a pp friendly tag. Some of us enjoy being pickpocketed and then pickpocketing in return. Listing myself as "pp friendly" most certainly encourages that level of interaction, at the very least. Why discourage something, like the original speaker suggested, that some people (no matter how small of a group those people are) enjoy and doesn't actually harm anyone else? 

Of course, communication CAN happen. You can take that basic interaction to the next level. The choice is up to you. I've had old friends from past lives bump into me because of the tag and my bloodline has made friends because I sent a message to them when I've noticed repeated insertions into my pockets. I'm not saying that it happens all the time(and it certainly doesn't happen as often these days), but, it certainly is a possibility. 

Report Post Tip

Veo looks around, contemplating at the men's faces. He'd been standing there, quietly, listening to each of their opinions. He takes a step forward and takes his hat off. 

Ah, gentlemen, a debate about feeling each other's pockets. Everyone has exposed some fair points, and I would just like to share my point of view. Personally, I don't mind getting my pockets picked. In fact, my tag encourages thieves to keep what they get. Yes, I worked hard for my money, but given where I am now, what the thief takes away does not represent much compared to what I can make. I bet this is the same for most of you. 

Picking pockets is an aspect of our life; the life we chose. We are all trying to get far, and picking each others' pockets is simply another means to achieve it. Granted giving back what you stole can be considered courtesy and failure to do so might result in mugging, but I believe I shouldn't be getting mad at others for doing the same thing we were once taught we could do. 

Gentlemen.

Veo puts his hat back on and takes a step back. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: PP Friendly-WTF. Seriously?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL