Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 00:21:56
Page:  1 
The "Royals" Renaissance Faire Started by: Inertia on Jul 06, '14 21:34

Inertia nervously smooths down her dress. As her hand trails against the purple velvet panels, the wind causes the sheer bell shaped sleeves of her gown to flutter. Inertia thinks back to just a week ago, when everyone was preparing for The Brooklyn Ball.

Inertia and Gravity were at the Loitador headquarters, gathering the supplies for the extravagant outfits and giggling away as they addressed each other as "Your highness", "m'lord" and "m'lady". Inertia said to Gravity, "Wouldn't it be great if we could have another party where we could be royals, but with people outside of just Brooklyn?". "A dress up party? Inertia grow up! We are mobsters, sure I would love everyone to address me as King Gravity, but that doesn't seem realistic.", he scoffed at her. Inertia jumped to her feet suddenly and excitedly pulled a book from the shelf: Money Laundering 101"Money laundering takes several different forms, although most methods can be categorized into one of a few types....one of which is a cash-incentive business!" Inertia exclaimed. Gravity grabbed the book from her hands and put two and two together, "Yes! We could have a legitimate Renaissance Faire weekend in the park, and have all our guys launder all our dirty money through buying smoked turkey legs and mead!"

Inertia looks around Prospect Park in Brooklyn, with the help of her family, they had managed to transform the park into Olde Ye Little Flower, an imaginary town named for one of the many names of their illustrious leader, LF. Inertia takes several deep breaths, adjusts the tiara on her expertly coiffed hair and picks up a clip board. The first page visible on the clip board was the schedule for the faire.

Saturday

9:00 AM.........................King's Speech 

11:00 AM.......................Tales of the Wandering Bard

12:30 PM.......................The Jousters

2:00 PM.........................Country Garden Dancers

3:00 PM.........................Falconry

7:00 PM.........................Fantasy Feast

Sunday

11:00 AM.......................The Games

3:00 PM.........................Knighting of the Knights

4:00 PM.........................Dance of the Ladies

5:00 PM.........................The Life and Times of William Shakespeare

7:00 PM.........................Closing of the Faire

The next page was an event map, indicating the various booths for merchandise and food. Above the food pavilion she had marked a large dollar sign in green marker, as well as over the pewter jewelry stand and the gypsy fortune teller tent. Those were the meeting places for her family today, but she was sure there were enough tents set up across the grounds for other mobster deals to take place.

Not only was the plan to launder their dirty money, but it also an important opportunity to get some more money from the unwitting public. For example, Integra was stationed at the fortune teller's tent and Kyubey was being his adorable cat self, picking the pockets of unsuspecting visitors.

Inertia looks at the clock and realizes it's almost time to get the fair started and rushes off to get King Gravity and Queen MalcolmReynolds ready for the opening speech.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

The royal of jester himself had heard the news. Inertia & Gravity would be hosting a fair they had in Prospect Park. She had gone through a lot of trouble and effort to make this thing work and work it did. The thing didn't start until Saturday but he'd show up early and see how everything was going. Men were working and putting up booths and making it look like an old timey village. It was something to be proud of. The royal jester cat thing Kyubey looked for Princess Inertia. After a couple of minutes he found her and Gravity.

'Good morning m'lady, m'lord. I hope all goes well on this oh so fun day. Saturday is the big day for this then? I can help where it is needed, I'd be more then happy to, but I'm just a cat after all'

He smiled and looked around. It looked like some others were showing up early, hopefully to help. He sat down to the side of the two royals.

'I think I read on the sign somewhere that jousting will be done? I don't know how it can be managed.. But I wouldn't mind trying that. Cats have nine lives you know! I've always wanted to be promoted from a jester to a knight. Can this be done, King Gravity?'

Gravity simply laughed at him and petted him. Kyubey took that for a light hearted "No".

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The "Royals" Renaissance Faire
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL