Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 13:40:48
Page:  1 
Old Skool versus New Age Started by: Achilles on Jul 07, '14 11:53

Achilles walks out into the street and catches the eye of a group of women hanging around, he throws them a wink and hip thrusts several times in their direction. The women giggle and look on in awe at his sizeable package.

Ok so I'm bound to piss a few people off with this one but it's been on my mind for a short time and I have commented on it several times as of late. I felt it deserved a speech of it's own and for more focus to be given to it in the hope that people recognise the change in our world since a few years ago.

There's a few topics I'd like to touch on to be honest, since things have changed so much in many different aspects of our life.

Street presence:

So when my line were last around, street presence was a big thing, the CP in particular were very vocal members of the community and often visited the street. Not only this but it was encouraged that all Leaders should have some kind of street presence, if they failed to do so it was often that they would be found swimmin' wit da fishes.

" I have always felt that speaking in public for meaningful reasons shows some insights into the type of leader you are." - The_Gambler

For me this is 100% accurate. Since people feel the need to whore so much these days, how else are people to know whether to join you or not if they have nothing to go by in the streets? A mere "I just bought my HQ" speech just isn't going to cut it. If you have a street presence people will be able to make a judgement on whether or not you're the kind of Leader they want to work under. For some reason the modern day mobster seems to swerve the streets. They instead stay behind closed doors, venturing out only to earn their dollars and shoot the odd dusty mobster. Since when did people care so less for their image? And Since when did Leaders stop having opinions on anything? I have said it recently but I refuse to believe that those who remain silent have no opinion on the topics discussed here in the street. I understand some may be busy with private matters but this would only be a handful of what makes up the mass amount of Leaders currently staying silent. It saddens me to see and I hope it's something which people continue to comment on. I feel if the people are unhappy with it, then it will put a bit of pressure on the Leaders to come out more.

Explanation of death:

For me this is just a bare necessity. A simple bare necessity (Had to get that in). I understand that those involved in a take down aren't obliged to come out here and explain what's gone on, but it makes for good discussion in the streets. It's also a way to get the rest of the leaders to understand what they need to do to avoid being shot themselves. Not every leader will be privvy to some of the information around many of the recent take downs. I'm aware a few currently do explain their actions, but there have been too many times people have seen a district removed from power and everyone is left standing around scratching their arses and wondering just what the actual fuck has happened. For me this kind of thing is just a very basic matter that those involved should be doing. Again I'm aware they're not obliged to do so, but in a place where all we have are words and a gun, you'd expect it to come naturally to people.

Are they crew leaders? Or silent HQ caretakers?:

So it's been made aware to me and my own line have witnessed it, that there are some leaders who barely interact with their members, which makes me wonder just what the fuck they are doing? They are literally just a HQ caretaker, allowing the mere minions of the world to join them for their protection and nothing else. There is no leadership involved, it's just a place whereby the HQ Caretaker can hoard members to earn money off donations and taxes. The Caretakers Union for New Thugs Society or CUNTS for short is a collective group of the asshats and fucktards that currently have no idea what leading is about and feel the need to hoard thugs as much as possible. It's a shame to see it happen, it's also why you would see in past times the same faces getting auth to set up, because they knew how to lead. While I agree everyone deserves a shot, it shouldn't mean 379037032 ambitious new faces should get it at once. I also feel they should have a shot at actually having some responsibility before being given auth. There's many jobs within a HQ people can do which give you an idea of their level of commitment. Again many of these new age mobsters just seem to want the bold suit without having any idea what it means or what to do with it.

Whoring:

This has been touched upon recently but again this is something that just wasn't acceptable in older times, I can't believe it has gone on for so long unchecked. When I see impressive leaders with 8 members within their ranks and then look at absolute fucken cretins with upwards of 25 within their family, it really gets sand in my vagina. It needs to stop altogether.

Ranks:

These literally have no meaning anymore. Being a Made Man once meant something, now you have Gangsters able to mug them with no consequences and literally anyone can become initiated into a family, ermm but without the initiation or ceremony. There are a few who still hold dear the old ways but many don't, particularly the newer faces. Infact I'm fairly certain many won't even know what a Made ceremony consists of. Godfather is a rank which many hold now, it is a case of shooting some no named C as well as collecting a set amount of dusty mobsters and then Robert's your mothers brother, we have a new Godfather. Godfather was something which took a lot of work once upon a time, now it seems to be a rank that many have had when few deserve. Sigh.

Pickpocketing and panties in a twist:

This one makes me lol and again has been touched on recently. Since when did this place become one where we all held hands and sang Kum ba yah around a quaint little fire? I have Goombas coming up to me after I've just snatched money from them asking did I read their tag? Yes I noticed you didn't enjoy people taking your money, but I don't give a fuck, you pissant! Coupled with this, people seem to get offended far too easily in this day and age. A sharp tongue seems to get you a very hurt look from those on the receiving end of your words these days. I've had several people come crying to me in recent weeks, including a crew leader and right hand, about something which I had said. The "victim" of my words had not taken too kindly to my blunt ways and had decided to try and tell on me, as if it were a school yard and  the teacher would tell me off, pfft, fuck off you cock pockets. What made it worse was the crew leader was an utter fucktard too, struggling to grasp what was being said to him. This life isn't for the faint hearted and those that don't know this will be disappointed when they are on the receiving end of a harshly formed burn. Man the fuck up and get used to it. Especially if Mikus is around.

If FlyingPig was about these days there would be mass suicides after he had finished with these spineless wankpots.

In summary then, the new age mobster for the most part, seem to have no fucking idea what this life's really about. I see some with a great understanding and have shown they realise how this place works and how business should be done, but this seems to be a minority. We have seen too many big characters leave our shores over the years and they haven't quite been replaced. I know there's a lot of banging on about old times and old skool, but it's in regards to the mentality of these new faces that I speak of, as well as their standards and principles. 

It's time for us to up our standards and it's time for the older lines to start prompting these things to happen too. You should know better than to conform to the new level of commitment shown by the new age. Sort it out.

Now.

Commence the abuse.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $284,444 Tip
It is somewhat ironic that after all you have said, a humble civilian can question your opinions - many of which are fair and interesting.

You talk about street presence being necessary for a crew leader to differentiate themselves from being a silent caretaker. This is La Cosa Nostra! Survival of the fittest! To reach the top surely doesn't require an image, it requires luck, murder and street smarts. This is not a popularity contest, this is the mafia.
Report Post Tip

When I read through journals from my ancestors, street presence was a very big thing. In order to even be considered for auth, you would need a street presence, never mind then keeping it up after you'd taken it! To me, a street presence should be required for people to 'lead' (is anybody really leading anymore?). I have found myself on multiple occasions thinking "Is that guy rogue?" when seeing him walking around in a bold suit, after a bit of research, no, he isn't rogue, and he's actually got a substantially sized family (substantial for nowadays anyway, not substantial in any other way). That, for me, is downright disgusting. As a street dweller myself, (granted I haven't spoke much, but I take notice) to have not even known of a Crewleaders existence, is fucking pitiful. Even if they are coming out just to announce a new initiative for their district, on behalf of their Godfather, at least it's something! (For those of you crying about this being the mafia, and that leaders wouldn't be vocal to the masses, get the fuck over it, this is a game, it isn't a mirror. There are a lot of things happening in the mafia that don't happen here, and vice versa.)

Moving onto the explanation of death, I can't agree with you more. It genuinely pisses me off when I don't see an explanation for as much as an entire district being taken out. You say they aren't required to explain themselves, well, they fucking should be. The only reason they currently don't explain, is because there aren't any consequences for not doing so. If you were a repeat offender of this previously, you'd most likely be killed. Do you think 303303 are going to kill their own leaders (the fact majority of the cities work together now is disgraceful in itself, but that's neither here nor there at the moment) for not explaining to the masses? Not a chance. An explanation should be required, and it should be common practice.

The next section I feel I've already covered, with the fact I barely know of most of the Crewleaders now, due to the fact they are literally silent. I'd side with your CUNTS theory on this one.

I agree with you about whoring as well. It's a sad thing to be so desperate for members that you have to resort to whoring, however, I don't place the blame completely with the leaders on this one. We can't sustain this many Crewleaders, yet this many Crewleaders is needed to sustain districts. Ipso facto, we can't sustain districts, but the leaders can't really do anything about that. If they're left empty, they get moaned at, if they're filled, there's too many leaders, and not enough members, so they get moaned at. They really can't win, when you look at it that way. That being said, I do think if they educated their sponsors on how to recruit, and punished those who were handing out invites after little more than a "Hey, how it going!?", it would go a long way to sorting out the problem.

Ranks are never going to mean as much as they used to. The ability to gain experience so easily (crackdowns) and to be able to see what level the rest of the world is currently at, makes it so it's never going to be the same. Godfather used to be hard, really hard. Before the big changes, my ancestors had never made it past Consigliere, or even Boss, if my memory serves me correctly. Since things changed, they've had three members of the family become Don's, and one a Godfather. Who, I'd happily admit, would never have been a Godfather had things remained the same. I understand this isn't the current regimes fault, and I'm not trying to blame them for the part, it's been like this for a while. Moving to Made Man, also never going to be the same, but this is more down to the leaders. Holding back someone from Made Man, is just going to make them quit, and try again somewhere else, it's the hard reality of it. Members know if you're holding them back, they know exactly what level they're working at, and what rank they could potentially be, given enough (min) time.

Pickpocketing is a joke in itself. The old style of mugging was much more fitting, and there was nothing wrong with it in my eyes. However, the hands holding you have to deal with when going about this new style of mugging, is ridiculous. Here, I will say this is the mafia, people shouldn't be holding hands. People shouldn't have a pickpocketing stance. As I've seen people say before, people don't have a wacking stance, and it should work the same way. "I'm ok with you stealing money from me."? How about "No, fuck off, and if you do, I will mug you, and you'll shut the fuck up about it." Pickpocketing comes with a predetermined risk of mugging. If you don't want to risk it, don't pickpocket.

New Age mobsters are a lot different to the Old Schoolers, that's a fact. Being an Old Schooler, I'd much rather see them all return and we could maybe go about turning this place around. It's never going to happen though, in my opinion, and things are only going to get progressively worse. But what else is there to do?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Can one of you two fine outstanding old school mafioso; who have been around the blocks numerous times in this world and have a great understanding of all things in this world due to your bloodlines longevity on these shores, please clarify what sort of time frame a "new age" mobster actually is? Just wondering whether I'm a new age idiot or an old school mobster that knows how to prosper in this world and is well rehearsed in all things from respect to rank appreciation to street presence.  

Thanks. 

Report Post Tip

I feel you are taking this too personally Desmand. There's no need to be patronising and sarcastic really, is there?

Asking us whether we think you know how to prosper in this world is quite strange, as given the fact you're a Godfather, you clearly do know how to prosper. Kind of comes with the rank. No matter how you get there, you have prospered, so you must know how to.

When it comes to rank appreciation, I couldn't really say about you personally, I have neither been in your immediate family, or your district. I was talking more on a general scale. Maybe you could shed some light on it for us though? Do you personally think that rank means as much now as it used to? Maybe use a time frame as 5 years ago, to now. Just a suggestion though.

As for street presence, you are one of the people I've seen commenting out here, so I can't really criticise your specific street presence. Again though, I was speaking more in general, and I do genuinely not have a single clue who a lot of the Crewleaders are.

Report Post Tip

To reach the top surely doesn't require an image, it requires luck, murder and street smarts. This is not a popularity contest, this is the mafia.

Reply by: Utopia at Jul 07, '14 12:09

Yes and no.  A lot of it is to do with a popularity contest. You don't get anywhere in this life without having connections to the people who are at the top. They may let you set up, however you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be keeping you at arms length if you aren't immediately connected. In my humble opinion anyway. 

I'm not sure the way our world is at the moment will allow us to implement these old school ways anymore, which of course is a crying shame. We have to roll with the punches and play the cards we are dealt. I'd like to think the current crop of Godfathers would try and implement some of the old ways you have described, however whether or not this is feasible anymore remains to be seen. 

Report Post Tip

*A relatively young guy steps up and looks down at the few people that gathered in front of him. A smile appears on his face and he starts to talk after a huge puff from his cigarette.

I see that at least a few people interested in what is being said in these streets these days.

Let me start with this, please.
Totally spot on, Achilles! Every freaking nail hammered on the head! I absolutely couldnt agree more!
And there is no need for me to address every point you brought up cause you said it already in a perfect way. A few words from me never the less though.

Yes, people. I also was raised the old school ways.
My family line entered these shores many, many moons ago and never really left this way of life. My grand-, grand-,etc, etc, father joined our family line's first family after a perfect introduction to a family. He was a very young thug with no clue on what to do. he did some petties and listened to some stories that were told in these same streets.
And just when he was thinking of leaving these shores again, he was approached by this Made Man who came up with a sort of advertising for the family and the CL he was serving.
And the name of that CL was already known by my grandfather as he had been listening to her a few times in the streets. So he joined this family and was taught this way of life. Not only by that Made Man, but by every member of that family. A lesson for life I may say!

I would like to address one particular thing you mentioned though.
*We have seen too many big characters leave our shores over the years and they haven't quite been replaced.

Yes, we have.
In fact the only reason for my family line to still walk these shores is the contact with some very old friends. The real motivation - the fire that burned in my family line for ages - has been gone for the most part for a long while now which causes a lot of inactivity in my family line now. And the reason for that are all listed in your speech.

I am still in contact with a few of these big characters who indeed left our shores.
I showed one of them a transcription of your speech and this is (a part of) her reaction.

*"BRAVO! BRAVO!! the problem lies with godfathers. When i started playing, i was with gf thomasrourke. He had strict guidelines about speaking in the streets posted in each of his hq's and it became my bible (for example, you needed to be the rank of made to reply frankly to a boss, if you werent, extra respect was demanded, rank of boss to reply to a consig, ex). You so needed to have a thread in the streets to even think about getting made. GF are not feared anymore thus raising slackers within the city."

And I think she definitely has a point there.

God! I still run into people in the obits I never heard of before. CL's and even Godfathers!
Sorry, but that never would have happened in the old days...

I think its vital for this world of ours that family leaders start talking in the streets again. It will do this thing of ours A LOT of good!

*After smiling one more time to the crowd, Harvey steps down and walks back into inactivity again, memorizing the good old days.

Report Post Tip

Desmand,

Old = where you complain about how much better everything used to be

New = not yet reached the point where you complain about how much better everything used to be

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

If you don't mind sir I'd like to address each category in and of itself.

First off, I appreciate you using my quote to make your point. Your statements essentially covered my sentiments, though there are a few things I'd like to discuss further. There are reasons for not divulging things on the streets. That is fully understood by me and hopefully everyone else. However, it is extremely rare (I would almost say it is near impossible) for a topic to be discussed where leaders can have no opinion. The opinion doesn't always have to be an agreement or a disapproval.

When something is discussed everyone usually has a thought in their mind. While there are good reasons to not voice some thoughts, I would personally not disapprove of a leader having an unpopular opinion based on the logic behind their discussion. A leader should be able to think and reason beyond what the mob mentality usually is so they should have differing opinions. Obviously, for topics such as takedowns, we won't be clued into some of the small details or the relationships involved and I don't think we need to be. We're not here to gossip. However, the way people see this world is through the speeches that are given so a lack of speeches reflects a lack of activity and a lack of interaction that raises the question regarding what this thing of ours is now and what it should/could be.

Regarding death explanations, I can accept that some takedowns do not require a speech (though I believe an explanation is a nod to those on both sides who died to inform them of the reason), but my personal opinion is that personal notification of the leader of each city absolutely has to occur. I can't speak to whether this is still a normal occurrence or not but based on rumors that I have heard it generally is the case.

The HQ "caretaker" portion of your speech divulged a bit into a lack of a leadership based on a lack of speeches which can be true or not true. I believe you can be a leader in private and not speak publicly often. Leadership doesn't take one form so I won't try to impose my leadership style on someone else and I would expect others to do the same. My opinion here is that at the end of the day your family and associates need to be able to trust your decisions are made in their best interests. If a leader isn't active enough to create that type of bond then eventually those actions (or lack thereof) will lead to mutiny or a disorganized group that will be removed for misbehavior either on the leader's part or the crew's.

I don't know how whoring is identified nowadays but I would say that just as a leader needs to gain the trust of his family. A leader who accepts anyone will be susceptible to having people who don't care about the crew join. Can a leader take someone who is completely neutral or even biased against them and work with them to create a strong family? Can this be done when the majority of the crew feels like the leader has no regard for the quality of people who join? Good leadership can identify these problems early and also implement training for those who do not understand the ways of this world.

Rank has become just a label for some but I think in the truest sense of the word as we use it is that it represents the effort that has been put into their work in this world of ours. By no means is it the only indicator of this, but as the world has changed it has become easier to achieve those positions from a work required standpoint. That does not mean that leaders should ignore that these positions have meaning in regards to the trust represented by each position.

Pickpocketing has been rehashed over and over so I don't even care for the subject. Whether someone pickpockets or not is not as important as the response once a person is pickpocketed. The way pickpocketing is handled by each person (attacker and victim) is the true test of their honor and respect in this thing of ours. Are you ignoring a tag in a suit because no harm is done? Do you accept pickpocketing regardless of a tag because you know it can't be stopped? Do you even feel a tag is needed? Do you mug every person who dares come near you? The answers to those questions will never be consistent but the response is something each person can control. Sometimes you can't win a battle but its acceptable to just not take a loss.

Overall, I don't necessarily feel that this is a battle of old school versus new school thinking so much as people who represent themselves differently from the established norms. While that may not be an obvious distinction, the subtle difference is that people are still adhering to the same basic principles but the representation is certainly different. The new school thought presented in this speech seems to believe that the new school has completely thrown away the foundations of our society which I don't believe is the case from my knowledge and observation (as limited as it may be).

At the very least, thank you for bringing this discussion to the streets as it really is a fascinating subject; especially when you take into account how the average mindset has changed over time.

Report Post Tip

Randle hands Achillies a clean cloth.

Here, give those rose-tinted spectacles a wipe, might help you see a little clearer.

He winked, and gave a slight nod.

I jest, of course. Though I have a point to make.

My family line is older than your grannies titties, and although we've not been prevalent in the life of crime for a while, we've always kept our eye in. See, we left to go legit, started up a sex toy empire, but to be blunt it was a pain in the ass.

My great, great, great, great, great, great, average, great, great Grandfather's journals hold many memories of street conversations of old, and I can tell you that since the dawn of the written word people have griped about the same issues. Street presence being a necessity for leadership, member whoring, sandy vaginas over minor issues, these have always been subjects for conversation.

The only thing that's changed is the date.

Randle was struck with a sudden case of sticky testicle, and adjusted accordingly.

People love to complain though, it's part of human nature. If there's nothing to complain about, I'm not happy. Look at me now, I'm complaining about you complaining? Ain't that a kicker.

Report Post Tip

Mako listens to the speech and nods his head accordingly as the people came and went. Some he agreed with, others he didn't, but he had a voice and he planned to use it.

"I can see why street presence is important to a lot of people, especially for those who like to hear words from a leader. However, it's not everyone's strong suit. There's plenty of reasons why people show themselves in the streets and why they don't. Some people don't want the abuse, some don't want to keep repeating topics, and others just can't wrap around how to do it correctly. Either way, you open yourself up to being critiqued, and that turns off a lot of people. I like to keep my viewpoint on street speaking that it is encouraged, but not required. Some of mine love to use the streets, so I push them to do what they love. Others, not so much, but I try to keep their interest even if it doesn't involve street presence. It's best to keep them active and interested, rather than completely scared away. This has been a topic that people have complained about for a while now, so I'd have to say that even with the amount of complaining, it will be the same way as I've seen it over the years... The fires light up and they cool down. Just because they aren't justified 24/7, doesn't mean that we can't take advantage of when the streets are being used. Also, you might want to take in the consideration of the flux of crewleaders, and the expanded activity time in the country on average by those people.

It's fairly simple to see for me... I have something to say, or I don't. No middle ground.

Now this next subject is something I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for. I love war speeches. I'd have to agree with the majority that it's some of the most interesting points of this world of ours, and it keeps the spark in hearing how things went down to make your own opinion out of.

Although, like you've pointed out already, people aren't obligated to these speeches. People only have a right to know what happened if the Godfathers choose to tell you. It's a privilege that it's told to anyone, or even the public. But yes, I love war speeches and their glory and they are one of the most interesting parts of this country. It opens up things for comments and much more. Like you said as well, it lets others know where to not go wrong. If there isn't a speech, I can only suggest that you talk to your crewleader with the power. Questions should be asked, and most of the time you will get an answer if they feel you are privileged enough to know the 'why'. I'm just one of those people who loves explaining my actions and I carry a heavy heart with it, but not everyone is like me, nor do I expect anyone to be.

As for your next theory, I just chalk it up that we are going with what this world gives us. Everything we have been bred to do throughout the years up to this point and this world almost makes it impossible to do those basic things again. Everything is tougher per say. Everyone is spread thin and some people who might not be purely obligated to this world are asked to step up. Hearing from leaders is always a wonderful thing and getting extra input, as long as it's done the right way. It takes a motivational factor there to get others involved within and without your own district. Sometimes it only takes a helping hand, and others a little extra push. People should find out what it takes to motivate their people to do what they love to do and get involved, even if it's something that the crewleader doesn't love themselves.

Whoring members has been a hot topic amongst things over the past couple of weeks. Always frowned upon, but it's what is expected from the Gods. After several meetings with upper structure over the year/year and half, it's became clear that they've wanted us to change some of our ways, but I believe some took this to the heart and took it in the wrong manner. How much in an invite really worth though? Is it worth inviting someone to your organization that you feel might not be a good fit? It's best to know who you're going to be working with, whether you know the member personally or not. Personally, I hardly even recruited besides a few things here and there. I've always decided that I want the people who want to be here and help me and couldn't really care about those who don't. My theory is that when you get people who want to be with you, you have less problems in the short road and long road. If someone is interested, I expected them to approach me, unless I seen something absolutely standout in them, then I would approach them and indicate a chat.

I loved when rank actually meant a little more, but now we have this flux I talked about earlier. Normally people join with someone where there is already a two-way trust, and it's treated as so. But I think it's funny that you brought this up, because it gives me the chance to inquire into one of my own rules placed into The Loop that I don't mind sharing with the public. We have a system here where a Don (not in the upper structure) must be voted upon by the upper structure of the district before their promotion. There can be a small explanation of why they might deserve the promotion, but why would I promote someone to Don that doesn't even know their Godfather that well? Why would I promote someone there if 8 others feel it isn't the right decision? It's in place to get my district to know each other and all the people in power here. I would like to know the person behind the Don promotion, besides just seeing the familiar face. Perhaps it isn't the greatest thing I've implicated, but I feel that it's useful and produces a positive image on how I want things done.

As for pick pocketing... I don't feel I need to tell the public whether I'm pick pocket friendly or not? Why should I? I have enough tattoos as it is, and I care about what ink I put on my body. Giving my stance on something like that doesn't catch my interest. What will happen if you pick pocket me? I'll probably fucking mug you and I'd expect you to do the same if you caught me in your pockets. That's about the most annoying thing that could be brought to my desk. 'So-and-so pick pocketed me and I'm not PP friendly.'

.......... So fucking what?

We are mobsters. Steal that petty 5 thousand all you want, but expect to get your ass beat and cleaned for much more if you don't go about it the smart way. You take the chance, you take the risk. It's really that simple.

I don't think this is a bad speech at all or really understand why you'd expect abuse. The whole thing I just don't agree with or get at all is the whole new school/old school thing. People are individuals, and whether they are one or the other, they all would act differently. I don't think every old school player would go by the book you've set out here, nor do I think every new school player won't do some of these things. I know some of these bloodlines that you think are new school have been around many many years, but this argument is always one that I see classified in what I view as false categories. People trying to label one or the other, when I see old school people that behave like some of the new school. Would I consider myself old school? Meh, no fucking idea. Probably not. I'm me, like it or not, classify it how you prefer. Just like every other leader who has graced this country, they're themselves, and I'm sure the last thing they have on their mind is being judged as new school or old school. If they have the mindset I do, they wouldn't care what the public opinion views them as. Make your time here worthwhile to yourself, and when it's done at the end of the day, know you are an individual just like anyone else who has walked in those same shoes."

He throws up a hand to the others and takes his position back under the shade of a nearby tree.

Report Post Tip

And that is why leaders should come out and give their opinion on a few things every once in a while.

Mako, I would never say everybody HAS to come out and make original speeches regularly. Like you said, it's not for everybody, and you can't force it. However, I do think it's required that leaders make some effort to come and just respond to some. Like you have just, you came out and gave your opinion on the topics, and I personally feel like I know a lot more about you, and the district you run, because of it.

Truth be told, I didn't care much for you. However, after hearing your views, and agreeing with a lot of them, I do genuinely actually respect you a lot more.

I think it's awesome that you took some initiative, and made a new 'rule' for your district regarding Don promotions. It adds a bit more of a requirement to it, as well as the obvious ones, and adds some more meaning and sense of pride to it, on achieving it. So kudos.

The only thing I disagree with you on, is that leaders shouldn't care what the public opinion of them is. I've always said that without their members, a leader would be nothing. Without a good public opinion of them, there is a lot more pressure on the other leaders to have them sorted out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Old Skool versus New Age
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL