Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 02:25:21
Page:  1 
Blowing off some Steam Started by: Mandalore on Jul 10, '14 16:27

Mandalore drops down his soapbox and stands on it. He looks around to notice people still don't see this tall man from another planet standing there. He raised his blaster and shot it in the air getting everyone's attention.

"Now that I have your attention. I would like to just vent a little here....  So I did my normal routine as I awoke I check the obits. I happened to notice a friend of mine had commented suicide. I felt ill when I read this and found out her funeral was today. I had to pay my respects for two reasons one she was a good friend and two she was from the same city. As the day went I finally got to the funeral and to my surprise there was this blue thing yelling at her casket. Now my line has been here for many years and the last thing I would have done was yell at the dead. Especially those who have suicided they are not in the right state of mind. He went on for some time yelling at her. Now I reconsidered this creature, he was proclaimed boss of our fair city. Mind you not a crew leader just a boss. I was applaud at this gentleman if you could call him that. I have been on to read my ancestors journals and the way us higher ranked members of this thing of ours should carry ourselves and that was by far from it!"

He takes a deep breath and relaxes, for this type of stuff heats him up. 

"Okay I have taken enough of you good folks time up, just had to let that out."

Report Post Tip

Normally, I'd agree with you, sir.

That "blue thing" as you call him is called a sponsor. A man of our world instructed to help and train the new generation within this thing of ours. The good friend of yours was his associate. His responsibility. Her actions reflected on him. She suicided out of her family without a word and it makes her sponsor look like an idiot for even giving an ounce of trust into a bloodline that is notorious for doing this type of thing.

She made a mockery of her sponsor, who has broke his bones within his organization. I don't believe venting here on these fine streets about this issue was needed really. In my opinion it just brought to light how pathetic the Samus' bloodline is for her constant idiotic antics.

Am I being harsh? Sure. If I was to sponsor her and she suicided on me? I would ban her bloodline from my city. Simple. It's pathetic.

I don't agree with funeral bashing or disrespect; It is incredibly shameful and can warrant death. I understand "the blue things" frustrations however and I can see him doing it in a fit of anger.

And that's my little vent. Have an amazing day.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I agree with you on most of that but to bring it to a funeral I don't agree with even if your angry. Bite your tongue and move on. I think its ridiculous to even consider it. 

Report Post Tip

Garrus walks out onto the streets and hears the talk of funerals. He listens before speaking as anyone would.

"I must say I agree with Mandalore here, it doesn't matter who you are. You should never even consider going to another mobsters funeral to disrespect them! You wouldn't want it done to you. Let the dead rest, but fuck it give their next in the bloodline an earful!"

Report Post Tip

Mandalore nods at Garrus!

"No matter what you respect the dead!"

Report Post Tip

Having talked to the person in question, I can understand why he said what he said.  I do understand Mandalore’s point as well. 

Sometimes there is more to an issue than can be seen by others.  Perhaps people could take this expression at a funeral for what it was – venting.  He had his reasons.  Perhaps you think it uncouth, but he did have his reasons. 

Report Post Tip

He looks at Trixie from behind his helmet.

"I am sorry, but there is no excuse for going to ones funeral like that."

Report Post Tip

BCP listens to the topic of this soapbox vent and the comments that follow. Clearing his throat BCP speaks his thoughts on it a bit.

Now normally everyone agrees on you do not do such things at a funeral. But a funeral is about saying goodbye,paying their respects closure ect. All depends on the person attending. I personally do not care one way or another as its your way for these things. But considering as a assc. of his the "blue thing" very well may have put their closure on it for themselfs. Some people do get angry at the dead and that is their form of getting through it so that should always be taken into consideration. For you, you wanted to pay your respects, for someoneelse it may be angry shouting and letting out how they feel, maybe a drink at the bar, or any number of things. Many people are effected differently when dealing with death. Thats all at the moment.

BCP steps aside and starts looking for a bar to drink in.

Report Post Tip

Coming out of the shadows hearing his name whispered in multiple instances as this so called "blue thing" coming here to finally clear the air.

For starters I brought her to Ror's family after her mother had been gunned down prematurely, I took her under my wing and vowed to avenge her mothers death.  Me and her bloodline go quite some distance back and her bloodline is pretty known for suicide.  I had her on skype and she never once advised me she was going to pull this stunt. It started in chat when I mentioned my sadness at the recent takedown of PA and she pretty much had started hinting at taking her own self out because she was quote "tired of the game" at this time I knew she was intoxicated and decided to go play WOW instead of listen to her verbal bashing or no remorse for the fallen and instead pretty much laughter at them.

If the trolls need more proof of why I said what I said at her funeral your all welcome to message me about it and ill screenshot you our MobMail convo so you all feel better about yourselfs and I can laugh at the ones who actually thought attacking me here about what I said at a worthless waste of talent in a funeral then by all means message me.

Will I apologize for what I said? Nope, Do I regret what I said? Nope.  Would I say it again? Yes.  Making me look bad and suicide because you're drunk and acting like a kid is as bad as a gangster begging for money.  We are all gangsters here and you expect me to show respect to a returning blood line that knows how the game is played and "should know how to carry oneself?  This is why this is so busted someone dies and returns and just because they are an older bloodline they can treat there sponsor like an ass? No sorry but that is not the way the cookie crumbles.

Putting his hat on and jumping on the trolley that rolls by heading back to Staten Island.

Report Post Tip

After a long night of partying and drinking lilith wakes up with a hangover of no memory of what she did last night and looks at her phone and realized she has made a huge huge mistake feeling heart broken and pain she reads on what she has done...

I have come here today after the stunt that was pulled last night I was Intoxicated last night and I acted like a huge fool and like cookiemonster said a child that I know reading what I said which was horrible things making my former sponsor look like an ass and thus I do not blame him for what he did if anyone wants to  burn anyone at the stake burn me instead but not him burn me in the pyer but leave cookie alone what I did was well fucked up I know I am not liked by all but noone is perfect also I sure as am not perfect well all make mistakes and I made one will regret....

lilith looks around as the crowd watches her as she gets ready to be burned at the stake..

Report Post Tip

Mandalore places hand on his stomach and laughs from deep within his belly.

"So Cookiemoster its okay for someone of your rank and level of respect to just bad mouth a gangster at their own funeral? Like I said earlier my line has been here for many years now and something that was passed down from child to child was that you never under any circumstances talk to someone in that manner in their own funeral. I have had a member of my line killed for it. Why don't we punish it anymore? Has the lines of the old days become so few that no one has the balls to stand up for what should be and shouldn't anymore? Also why would you be referring to a mythical creature....Troll?"

Report Post Tip

for someoneelse it may be angry shouting and letting out how they feel

Being angry and someone killing themselves is understandable... if your hurt by their death. Not if your simply embarrassed that you've wasted your time helping them. You can be angry at that all you like, but you don't take that shit to a funeral. Its fucking pathetic. The funeral is for friends and family to pay respect, not to vent your anger or disappointment at the persons actions.

Will I apologize for what I said? Nope, Do I regret what I said? Nope. Would I say it again? Yes. Making me look bad and suicide because you're drunk and acting like a kid is as bad as a gangster begging for money. We are all gangsters here and you expect me to show respect to a returning blood line that knows how the game is played and "should know how to carry oneself? This is why this is so busted someone dies and returns and just because they are an older bloodline they can treat there sponsor like an ass? No sorry but that is not the way the cookie crumbles.

So you think the "game" is busted because of actions like this, yet you have no regard for how someone of your stature should act at a funeral nor in the streets itself if you come out here and speak of games.

You didn't have to show respect at the funeral, because you didn't have to attend the funeral. Its optional, no-one dragged you along and forced you to stand there and say something. You made the choice to show yourself up to be someone that has a lack of respect for the dead, regardless of their reasons for being dead.

Thats all down to you though, if thats how you want to live your life then its your choice, the fact people like myself will have zero respect for you is probably not something you'll lose sleep over. At the end of the day, we aren't simple criminals, we are members of the Mafia. Respect is a massive thing in our community, or at least it should be. To show a lack of it and thus force people to lose theirs for you should be something that you should reflect on and ask yourself if you could/should handle such situations better, or whether you can disregard the fact that your actions make you seem disrespectful and accept the consequences of that and live your life in that manner. The choice is yours really, I doubt it will have any massive impact in the grande scheme of things.

Report Post Tip

I dont think yelling at a dead person in a casket is going to solve anything.

Though leaving a family in this fashion is never the best way to go maybe there is more then meets they eye its hardly ever a one way street, its crazy what people will do when they are un happy or no longer want to follow this lifestyle.

At the end of the day its there life no one else's if they decide to take it thats on them, people aren't possessions if they decide to leave in this fashion then so be it. Its not like what ever they did or the help they have done for the family disappears. There work, and earnings remain in the leaders pocket.

Report Post Tip

You speak of it being mafia with rank/status/bloodline etc... The person in talks wasn't even Made yet, and has been known for MULTIPLE suicides.  If you wish for me to name a few I would be glad to once again shoot me mail, and if you want to talk being Mafia. Maybe you guys should do a bit of a history lesson and look up some real life Mafia chaps that were highly disrespected at funerals.  From their body being taken and dumped in a ocean to the grieving family being cut down at the funeral.

If you think that all a funeral is for is "grieving" then you have no idea what life really exists of, I personally won't let any of my sponsors talk down on me I can care less how old your "bloodline" is.  More so saying how old your "bloodline" was, your dead and working for someone new, show them respect.

Report Post Tip

But with that being said, I don't have to explain my actions to anyone.  She was my sponsor and her bloodline explained herself here as well as made an apology for her own actions here and OOC.  You fine guys have a wonderful day.

Report Post Tip

Mandalore continued laugh at his response.

"When we talk of rank Mr. Monster, we are referring to you because being a boss you should know better then talk like that at a funeral. I have to question as to why her daughter would have to come out and explain? Ironic how it fits into your defense..... Very interesting."

Report Post Tip

Mandalore clears his throat.

"Sorry I don't mean defense I mean response."

Report Post Tip

Chuckles and spits to the side before clearing his throat having been to busy contributing to the family and stuffing his face full of cookies.

Think what you want Mandalore, you hold what rank to ask me to explain myself?  I think the only people I need to explain myself to would be my very own CL/Hands as well as my GF.  As well as the council if it comes to that point, at this point I have spoken to my GF and my hands as I have not spoken to my CL but plan to if it comes to that.  If it ever happens again that one of my own Sponsors disrespects me then commits suicide without speaking to me yet alone anyone else in the family then I may/may not have some choice words for his or her own funeral.  Being this is the Mafia and suicide back in the mafia days was HIGHLY frowned upon and the dead were shown NO respect even back then when committing suicide without the permission of the CL/GF I think I have done no wrong but showing the proper wording for someone that took their own life without speak to anyone in the family or the GF, so once again good day.

Chuckles throwing his coat on as it appears there may be some rain on the horizon, chucks a cookie to Lilith and smirks.  Winks at Mandalore and heads off with his guards into his SUV.

Report Post Tip

After catching the cookie lilith looks at her friend mandalore and she looks at someone she knows also whom is  cookiemonster  seeing both respectable mobsters bickering over grave bashing. ..

Fellas please nomore of this mandalore what done is done..and cookie well I have no hard feelings towards you but you guys need to stop this what I did was wrong i said before and I will say it I am the bad one I royally fucked up the one who is at fault is..can we all move on with our I guess I can say normal lives and get along?

Report Post Tip

I am at fault there I admit it..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Blowing off some Steam
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL