Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 03:06:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 
The Future of Philadelphia Started by: Mako on Jul 16, '14 00:54

A pale Sydney steps out of the shadows, her usual bright eyes heavily bagged and dark. She slowly walks up to the two people discussing her city.. She carefully pulls down the fabric that was covering her mouth, she talks slow and soft.

"I generally try to stay away from talk about other cities, and what should or shouldn't happen to them because in all honesty.. it doesn't affect me in any way. Really, it's none of my business... but since Las Vegas is yet again brought up in a conversation that has nothing to do with them I'm choosing to address it... Even though I should be in be resting."

She coughs into the nook of her elbow and takes a deep breath, grasping for a nearby pole to steady her balance.

"I stand here today looking at Detroit that has since the time of this speech been wiped out, and LV that well it's been around the same size give or take a few people. The point I'm trying to make here is that it's clear that filling these cities doesn't seem to have gone according to the plan."

"I'm not saying this could be a good thing or a bad thing, but I honestly think the people on top should reconsider populating Philly, if we look at the flight times between lets say New York and Las Vegas, that in it's own can be reason enough for someone to pick another city to join. (Just and example.)  Where Philly is closer and might be more appealing to some."

I'm not exactly sure how growing from a district of 13 to a district of 49 (at this moment of time) is considered around the same size. Even give or taking a few people. That is a change of 36 people, a gain of 9 members a month between 2 families. Granted that isn't nearly as impressive as some of the larger cities, but given our small size and not being a "power" city.. I'd say we are doing just fine. Which brings me to your next point.  Arguing for us that moving us will help with us recruiting... If Las Vegas is fine with the amount of members it is gaining, I don't see why that should bother you any to ask that we uplift our roots and move to a city that already has an established district. Yeah that's right, Detroit hasn't been wiped out. There is still a district remaining.. and what if they have plans to repopulate the other Detroit districts? How do you thing they would react to us just impeding on their plans?

"I honestly think the best they could do for the future of our world would be to close another city. I'm quite sure the residents of Paradise probably aren't going to love me for this, but I'd suggest that perhaps, in the interests of balancing our coasts, we could look at funding them a move to Detroit and close off Las Vegas for the time being in the same way as we have Philadelphia. I'd also quite like to see the district of North Side lost from the criminal map following the death of Desmand, in order to allow Chicago to shrink back to it's original, three district form, in order to better reflect the population of this world. "

Basically what I said to TheDude implies here as well. I don't understand how this would "balance" our coasts. There would still be the same amount of people on the West Coast as there are now. Closing down a city doesn't really change that, now does it? 

this district has never seen more than 50 members since after the initial competition:

Paradise, LV [S]

I'm actually interested in knowing where you got this bit of information from... seeing as how we have a steady 49 members in our district at this time, and recently lost the lives of at least 6 people (not including those who were DDed). By my calculations that would have put us over the 50 mark. Not by much, but it is over it.

Report Post Tip

TheDude stumbles out in the street once more.

"I never said anything about the Vegas crews moving. If you look at what I said I said the people on top should consider sending someone into Philly. I just used the flight times between certain cities as an example.  Maybe I didn't word things good enough, that's on me. I think I've said all that needs to be said from my point of view."

He walks towards the nearest bar, ready to get hammered.

Report Post Tip

Snake will sort out Philly for you guys

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Future of Philadelphia
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL