Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 12:11:58
Page:  1 
My Opinion of Your Opinion of My Opinion Started by: lronSight on Jul 21, '14 06:32

lronSight clears his throat and then notices TyrionLannister in the front row. He approaches the man, gets down on one knee so they're at similar altitudes and slaps him squarely in the face and then answers Tyrion's question before it can even be asked.

"Because I can!"

lronSight turns towards a table and leads him to sit down and have a conversation with him,

"I'm here to have a discussion with you about something that has to do with my favorite subject... me. I'm here to discuss my opinion of the general opinion of my opinion of myself. I can repeat that for you if any or all of that went over your head."

Tyrion begins to grumble, but lronSight interrupts the grumbling,

"I realize the general opinion of my opinion of myself is that having self-confidence and not hiding it means that I'm some kind of lesser person. For what reason? Have I not achieved basically everything I said I would? Have I not outperformed most of you? Have I not led our streets to the promised lands of what they are today? Have I ever acknowledged one criticism of myself to be realistic?"

Tyrion begins to speak up to get a word in before lronSight continues talking,

"Have I not rummaged through the docks in search of new members just like the other leaders? Have I not invested enough time into making money and killing other men? Have I not spoken in the streets enough? What will it take for you all to understand just how great I really am?"

Tyrion sticks a finger in front of lronSight's lips.

"This is exactly what everyone is talking about."

lronSight moves the finger and begins speaking again, but this time loud enough so anyone eavesdropping could easily overhear him,

"When did I say something that can't be proven? When did I do something that was so bold or so flashy? All I've done is had a personal conversation with you, someone who doesn't see why I think so highly of myself because you don't know me. How else could you get to know about me and my accomplishments? I have to tell you otherwise you wouldn't know."

lronSight pauses, then laughs a little, then says

"How weird would it be if I was anything like what a lot of people claim I am?"

Tyrion still flustered throws his hands up in the air and yells,

"You're still an arrogant asshole!"

lronSight laughs,

"And you're still a no good midget."

lronSight intentionally knees Tyrion in the chest making his way away from the table and tries to start walking down the street. A few steps onto the sidewalk later he feels a pressure hugging his shins together and falls face first into a telephone pole. Dazed and confused he looks up to see a little man awkwardly running in the opposite direction. Was it running or slightly above average pace walking? It was hard to tell, but lronSight gave up and decided to let himself fall asleep right then and there on the streets he had come to make his home away from home.

Report Post Tip

Noticing that lronSight hadn't bothered to pick himself up, Tyrion decided to return to him and take the opportunity to express his thoughts without interruption.

I think your opinin of our opinion of your opinion of you is pretty accurate, though perhaps slightly exaggerated to some extent. Many people will see you thinking of yourself as some saviour of the streets, others wont think about it and will simply actually see you as a champion of the streets. Personally, I'd box you in the latter part. I couldn't ever consider 1 person as a saviour of our streets as it takes the efforts of many to actually keep them ticking over.

You however, are genuinly one of the bright sparks that appears in our streets. Without you and others like you, the streets would be a much worse place to visit. There are however many of these champions that come in and go from time to time, where you seem to stand out lately is that you are a more constant presence, which is perhaps why you consider yourself the saviour? I don't know.

Thats just my opinion on your opinion of the public opinion of your opinion of yourself.

Report Post Tip

lronSight picks his head up when he hears the word savior,

"I'm a savior in the same sense a mechanic who gets an old motor running again is a savior. 'All I did' was put in the man hours and find the right pieces but if the world wants to sarcastically say that I'm claiming to be the savior because I want recognition for reviving the streets that's their issue. For those unaware that 'All I did' was actually a lot of work to encourage individuals to start speaking again and I keep bringing it up because I'm yet to get a single thankful comment from anyone but the individuals who also worked towards reviving the streets. Grand total of zero for that reason come to memory from people who weren't directly helping me with my work, but I wouldn't even dare to count the number of snide and sarcastic comments I get to put up with for asking for a little recognition. Let me just be sure everyone else listening in gets this, that speech was a sarcastic joke of me imitating what people claim I am, that's my thanks for upwards of 40 hours of speaking, editing, inspiring and encouraging. And I find it to be hilarious because of how obviously wrong they are as anyone who knows me will tell you, so I figured I'd let you in on my laugh, but I guess you missed the point old friend. I am an arrogant ass, but not the one many people seem to think I am. What can I do about it? Nothing but sit back and laugh."

"I picked on you because my bloodline used to like hearing you speak much more frequently on your own original topics back in the day. Hopefully this outreach will work, if not I'll still keeping bugging you to speak more... then offer to help (edit)... then speak up at the discussions themselves... then stick up for you if needed... then make an ass out of myself to distract people if needed... then repeat. An ancestor of yours once asked what subjects would get people speaking, that's a flowing topic that is impossible to really predict too far in the future, but I am growing tired and this is how I made/brought back street speakers that helped get things going again and I'm hoping a few others will use it to try to bring their favorite speakers back or get someone (like a CL hopefully) speaking more frequently. It also sometimes helps to pretend you're speaking to one person when the message is for someone else, but that's probably something that'll never catch on so I'll just happily call it my thing."

Report Post Tip

You've already re-kindled the fire in my belly for speaking in the streets old friend. Of that there is no doubt. As for helping others with their ability to speak, I've always been more than happy to lend my time and efforts to such a worthy cause. This is something I've championed for a long long time, though I guess my public offering to do such services has been severly lacking of late. I guess when you began to carry that can I must have took my eye off the ball and left it to you. (though sadly I doubt there are people falling over themselves looking for assistance these days)

I would just like to point out whilst we are on the subject, there are many good speakers here in these streets, but for some reason there are many of them that simply don't seem to feel the need to share their views. I hope your continued efforts prise these people off their ass and back out into the street again.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My Opinion of Your Opinion of My Opinion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL