Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 00:56:50
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Lets take a stand on funeral disrespect Started by: Vaelin_Al_Sorna on Jul 21, '14 19:35

This game has a lot of blurred lines and I would say that before XP was added here people would be held accountable for their words. If that were the case what is said on IRC would have no bearing on the game, now that would be progress.

Report Post Tip

Sorry Desmand, must have misread you. It'll probably happen again. 

Report Post Tip
First off I'd like to say those who have said disrespectful things at Garuss's funeral *probably spelled wrong, but moving on* i have 0 respect for you and before anyone says it, yes me saying that I'd punch every prick there saying disrespectful things, I see it as justice in a way.

Secondly, those who did not say disrespectful things I respect you.

The mafia was full of honorable men, sure they killed, stole, bribed etc. they however was still respectable men and I doubt they disrespected the dead. *not sure* we aren't now a days gangsters kill someone and spit on there graves *if there lucky to get one*

Personally I think you, CookieMonster and anyone else who disrespects the dead should be shot and killed. I would expect the same if I did it.

Just my two cents.
Report Post Tip

If you think that just because you are in an OOC thread you can throw disrespect around and assume you will get away with it, I hate to tell you that you are massively mistaken. Anything you do in this game will be linked to your playing character be it OOC, IC, IRC.

Lets be honest whatever is done with regards to any form of disrespect will never satisfy everyone. Disrespect is fundamentally a subjective thing, what one person sees as a massive disrespect could be seen by another as nothing in the slightest.

Report Post Tip
Unfortunately you will never get rid of funeral disrespect. In the past I've seen leaders try to uphold a certain standard within their crew but then I've seen said leader go and disrespect a rogue who's shot some of his/her family. It's then up to the rest of the leaders to act against the funeral disrespecting leader, but starting a war for an off the cuff comment and risking the lives of everyone in your family.... Can't see many doing that to be honest.
Report Post Tip
ShaneVendrell - Funerals aren't always full of people saying positive words - and I don't have an issue with that. Many express their disappointment, resentment, anger etc. in a respectful manner - without going overboard. Most seem to agree that urinating is a step too far. I just wanted to add this, despite not being certain about the exact details of the case you are referring to.
Report Post Tip
I'm not sure of the exact case I'm referring to either Phabulis, been playing that damn long it all kinda merges but even back to the .org days we had funeral disrespect, people spitting on graves, pissing on graves etc and 10 years down the line we're still getting it. I just don't ever see it going away unless it becomes a DD offence, which I think is going way to far
Report Post Tip

Probably going to get a lot of hate for my opinion here... but even I think it's hard to explain my idea, much less process in my mind the feeling I have about all this.

Firstly, I think MR without a little grave pissing just wouldn't be MR.

Now before people just to conclusions on my opinion, I am in no way saying that I condone myself, mine, or my district to the acts of disrespecting someone graves. However, I do remember Godfather DeadlySin telling my kin on the streets one time, "Why should I respect the dead? They're dead."  (Not 100% the quote, but it was along those lines. Too lazy to look it up right now in the proper thread.)

In fairness, he had a point to an extent.

And I would bet my RL bank roll that none of you are angels in this category either. Half of the people that are pulling out pitchforks have probably pissed on a funeral or two in their mafia gaming hobby career. I'm not going to stand up here and pretend that I've never grave pissed, because I have. Not on this character or on MR in general, but it has happened. I don't know what irritates me more... the fact that everyone is acting like they've never stooped this low in their entire life (or something along these lines), or the actual grave pissing that is at subject in this thread. And sure, maybe some of you haven't disrespected a funeral, but for 90% of you.... I call your bullshit bluff. I can namesay certain individuals if I need to, but I want to keep this classy.

Okay, now that I have that out of my system, time to play a little devils advocate.

Quit being a bunch of boring mongs, please. Cookie isn't the first grave pisser to come along and he won't be the last. Nor will he the only one not punished, or handed his ass a class 'A' punishment in the history of this game. People are going to do this kind of thing, and they're going to do it time and time again. This game takes control of emotions sometimes and things are going to happen. Now, before people get offended by my opinion, I'm not saying that this is alright to do.

What I am saying is that it is an element of the game that is needed from time to time on MR, or any mafia game for that manner. In my opinion, offenders of this should find their way to the funeral home right after the man that they grave pissed on. However, I'm a realist enough to know that these things are going to happen, and in an aspect, it's good for the game and bad for the game. The game needs that sort of emotion sometimes, but some people need to learn how to harness it more than others and use that energy into something more useful than grave pissing, because 98% of the time that's going to get you killed, demoted, or bitched at intenesly. The game needs trouble and disrespect, or else we would all be the same old mindless robots. Not saying that I find it acceptable, or that I'm one of those people, but the game does need some of the element so that these type of debates get off the ground like this one has. It also clarifies and singles out problems and drama... and lets face it, what is this game without the drama? Boring.

Not sure if my opinions make any damn sense whatsoever, but it's honestly how I view this type of thing. It's needed as a basic element of the game that gives the users another "the action is yours, the reaction is not" type of feel. MR needs people who do these things from time to time because it intensifies that drama. Do I approve of it? Hell no. I don't want to see that shit in my district and you'll be facing the open end barrel of my gun if it does happen. So grave pissing doesn't strike my nerves like it does some of the others, because maybe I just see it from what I like to view as my realistic eyes of knowing that the drama department of MR needs little shit like this (or big shit, however you want to view it). Yes, it's disgusting and uncalled for... but it's part of the game and this thread isn't going to stop multiple people from getting their kicks in the future.

So if you're going to comment, at least don't be a damn hypocrite about it. That irks me more than the actual grave pisser at hand in this thread.

Report Post Tip

Personally I have never disrespected a funeral, I have never seen the need to because at the end of the day it is a game. If someone fucked me over I just start again and don't think anything of it.

I agree that we need to have characters that don't follow suit and do something different as if we all do the same thing it makes this place boring. That said it is still something that should be punished, especially for repeat offending but I am not complaining completely because this little spat has made me stick around for longer than the 10 minutes that I normally am on for so long may people continue to do stupid things.

Report Post Tip

Personally, I find it very boring that someone making the decisions didn't just say "this guy is our friend, he can do as he pleases".

It would be much easier to swallow for the rest of us than these nonsensical attempts, however they are dressed up, to justify attending a guy's funeral to purely be disrespectful.

Report Post Tip

Like Jeddy has pointed out already, perhaps dropping him a mail instead of assuming on his intentions is best? The man has opened his mailbox to this discussion and spoke his peace, instead of letting people assume on how Jeddy thinks and what Jeddy does. I don't really see any reason on why he would sugarcoat anything, or type up such a large response to something that he didn't even have to respond to just so he could lie about it. So please, stop speaking for him and speak for yourself without the assumptions on others.

Report Post Tip

If you think that just because you are in an OOC thread you can throw disrespect around and assume you will get away with it, I hate to tell you that you are massively mistaken. Anything you do in this game will be linked to your playing character be it OOC, IC, IRC.

Lets be honest whatever is done with regards to any form of disrespect will never satisfy everyone. Disrespect is fundamentally a subjective thing, what one person sees as a massive disrespect could be seen by another as nothing in the slightest.

Reply by: Manu at Jul 24, '14 08:57

Yes i agree with you every little action and word we say does reflect us, but im not going to sit here and hold anyones hand and tell them that they are a wonderful daisy and tell them they have done no wrong. I will give my personal opinion and what i think, some people take things said wrong thats understandable, but be that as it may like i said before 0 respect for those.

In light of Makos words i will admit i have pissed on one grave in my mafia life. not here though.  

Report Post Tip

I don't need to consult Jeddy's mailbox to see what is happening, because it appears very clearly right in front of my face. 

The action is indefensible, whether it occurred once, twice or ten thousand times. You don't approve of it, you don't want to see it in your district and you find it disgusting and uncalled for. And yet, despite this, all of those your own words by the way, you are trying to tell us we're all a bunch of boring mongs for finding a reprehensible act, reprehensible. Really? 

What conclusion is there to make based on this illogical defense other than the obvious one? It is terrible, you shouldn't do this and we don't want to see it...except in this instance where it doesn't really matter all that much, so shut the hell up, you boring mongs. 

Report Post Tip

Right. I never told you to shut the hell up.

Like Jeddy has pointed out already, perhaps dropping him a mail instead of assuming on his intentions is best? The man has opened his mailbox to this discussion and spoke his peace, instead of letting people assume on how Jeddy thinks and what Jeddy does. I don't really see any reason on why he would sugarcoat anything, or type up such a large response to something that he didn't even have to respond to just so he could lie about it. So please, stop speaking for him and speak for yourself without the assumptions on others.

I was asking you to quit making assumptions on Jeddy's intentions, clearly not 'shut the hell up, boring mong'. And you took my whole mong comment out of context, how genuine of you. Of course that's going to be the 'go to' route for you to twist what I said and the manner in which I meant it, and the audience it was directed to.

Don't be so butt hurt and try to twist around my words because I disagreed with you, it's ugly.

Report Post Tip

Mako in fairness Jeddy has said he is going to wait until he speaks to the GFC before making a decision which is a cop out in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

In fairness, at least you can hold an opinion without trying to twist mine around, Spunky. And to note, you've actually put in some thought and substance behind your opinions, not spew some bullshit to strictly try to take people's comments out of context.

Some people don't have that decency.

Report Post Tip

Mako you have known me long enough to know I don't like to twist words just tell it how it is :)

Report Post Tip

What exactly is it that I am trying to twist around that makes me, in your opinion, "butt hurt"? 

You told us to "quit being a bunch of boring mongs". What context am I trying to pull that out of which makes it mean something else because that is exactly what you said, verbatim and it can clearly only have one meaning. 

This all looks clear as day to me, which is someone being allowed to slide by purely because of their friendships. I don't really have a problem with that if he has integrated himself into that position, but I would greatly appreciate not being fed such hollow justifications when the truth seems the far more likely option.

If you genuinely think something you find disgusting, wouldn't allow in your district and don't approve of doesn't need punishing, then I find that far worse than allowing someone to slide. The same goes for Jeddy if he actually chooses to wait for a Godfather Council ruling on the matter nationwide before taking action, because that is nearly as nonsensical as what you've said. As a player I would prefer to think that the guys at the top were covering for a buddy rather than actually being this ridiculous. I hope I'm right.  

Report Post Tip

Because you took one sentence out of a novel I posted and acted like that's what I was calling the public in general? One sentence that was directed at a audience (not you, clearly), out of my whole post.

And just like you would appreciate some truthful justifications, I would appreciate you not assuming on peoples intentions, and manipulating my one sentence out of an entire post to make it look like that's all I was saying. That is taking what I said out of context to what it was connected with. So if you're going to quote me, fucking quote me, not take one sentence out of a paragraph and act like that's all I said.

Report Post Tip
Clearly this isn't going anywhere, and i actually spoke about more than just that sentence.

Regardless, if your sentence was not aimed at everyone as it appears to be and I've misinterpreted it, I apologise.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Lets take a stand on funeral disrespect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL