Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:25:22
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
To Pee, or not to Pee Started by: TyrionLannister on Jul 21, '14 21:41

1. You pissed AT the funeral. Whether you want to try and make it out like it wasn't the actual grave, I really don't care. You know what you did.

2. A history check? No. Do a reality check. This is the world we live in, you want to dream about some other place where they handle shit like that, fine, but that's never been how its handled here.

3. The grave you attended on this occasion was an unsponsored Gangster. This man screwed over no-one.

4. People tipped you for the comments? Oh wow. I bow to your tipping skills. Quelle Surprise, but many have also tipped the comments from myself here and elsewhere on the matter, I dare say the same can be said for others that have commented.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Cookiemonster 100 people could tip you, but that doesn't justify your actions. You seem to have zero issue with it, and clearly you're not going to change your stance. That is sad really, because it shows a shift in culture that most likely will not shift back

TyrionLannister, thank you for fighting the good fight! Even if our numbers are small, we take pride in sticking to what is right and just on these shores.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I thank you My little Imp friend for bringing this up you have my backing 110% my friend, A 2 strikers funeral??? What we keeping score here is this some kind of bloodlineing crap that you condone now? An act that absolutely sickens me oh how your standards have slipped so low.

Tipping hell people will tip just about anything fuck me one of my ex kin made over a million in tips for a 2 word post.

So this is to become the Norm is it??? A funeral home full of venom spewed forth from Trailer Park Trash? I sure as hell hope not.

First off; I'd like to say this. This is a wonderful speech, ser Tyrion.

My opinion eh. I can't stand funeral disrespect. The dead are dead. They're gone from this earth forever. Why swear, abuse and otherwise desecrate a corpse that has no life in it anymore? Anything you had against someone, no matter how much you hated is over when they're dead.

I can sympathize with some people with "disrespect" at funerals. Emotions run high, as others have said. Things get said and things are done out of anger of what this person did, or didn't do. It's human nature to have emotions and sometimes they peak.

I've said my peace elsewhere, but I'll leave it here as well. Grave pissing is unacceptable on these shores. We teach respect and honor, but yet people who are in control have allowed this to continue. Either it means they're unaware, don't care, or perhaps they're discussing it behind closed doors. Maybe something will be done, or maybe it will not. Whatever occurs, those of us against it will continue to share our thoughts on it.

Ser Vaelin. It is unacceptable to you. We do teach respect and honor, that I agree. "But yet people who are in control have allowed this to continue". I see your Godmother, one of the highest ranking women in this thing of ours has spoken here. Has she spoken to Cookie, or his Don, Rorschach? Perhaps this could be brought to his leader, no? I'm glad you share your thoughts, I know I agree with you and as others have shown, they have as well.

As Don Dinero said just a moment ago. It's up to Don Rorschach, Don Insight and the colorful rainbowfather Jeddy. While you're disgusted by it, they may not be. I don't know if it's allowed by them, or if they even know. But it is there call, not yours, not mine.

To get straight to the point, it is a double standard.

Some will say it's okay for some but not for others.

I think the really disgusting thing is the double standards majority of the leaders have. Whether it's grave pissing or anything else.

What's a double standard? That leaders are different? I think we've established leaders are all very different people. Leaders can make whatever calls they'd like. I don't think it's up to you, a lowly goomba to question the Dons & Godfathers of these fair cities.

It's really disgusting when you come out here and bitch about something you only half know about as well. I think you came out here not for the speech; but to make a dig at the central leadership of the leaders across the nation because your bloodline isn't happy with some leaders because they don't pay you much attention? I don't know, nor do I care. Leave the personal shit out of this speech, please. 

1. You pissed AT the funeral. Whether you want to try and make it out like it wasn't the actual grave, I really don't care. You know what you did.

2. A history check? No. Do a reality check. This is the world we live in, you want to dream about some other place where they handle shit like that, fine, but that's never been how its handled here.

3. The grave you attended on this occasion was an unsponsored Gangster. This man screwed over no-one.

4. People tipped you for the comments? Oh wow. I bow to your tipping skills. Quelle Surprise, but many have also tipped the comments from myself here and elsewhere on the matter, I dare say the same can be said for others that have commented.

It's true, Cookie. You insinuated that you pissed at that young mans funeral. I unfortunately saw it with my own eyes. As Tyrion said; there is no use in trying to lie.

I must agree again. I don't like funeral disrespect and the great old ones who taught my bloodline have never, ever tolerated such disrespect of the dead.

Tyrion, it was an unsponsored gangster whom dropped out of there family for whatever reason. They may have screwed someone over. I do not know the story behind that one however but I think it's best to say we don't truly know.

Yay, tipping. I wish someone would tip me, hopefully not like a cow though. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Tyrion, it was an unsponsored gangster whom dropped out of there family for whatever reason. They may have screwed someone over. I do not know the story behind that one however but I think it's best to say we don't truly know.

Why thank you, Kyubey. I was entirely unaware of that to be honest. As the hatred seemed to stem from the persons fathers actions I didn't realise that the son had joined the life of crime before taking their own life. I saw the chaps place of residence was LA and that the person at his funeral was from NY and so was drawn to the conclusion the two were unconnected. This doesn't change my stance at all, really, but is better to have more of the facts than what it seems I had before so I thank you for that.

Report Post Tip

lronSight slowly starts to get up and brush the footprint off of his shoulder. lronSight turns to Tyrion and pushes him to the ground and then sits on him.

"I have no clue how I missed all this. Grave Pissing? Is that for real? It can't be... this is too stupid to be a thing, but twice? TWICE?!? Clearly the CL and GF responsible haven't done enough to make it clear it's unacceptable so the rest of the community should step in. If the same guy starts intentionally doing things that scare away new bloodlines should we sit back and wait for the GF and CL to stop being drunk at the helm and grab control of the ship? Hell no. What kind of a message are we sending if pissing in a funeral is acceptable or even tolerated? What kind of a message as a society are we sending if we allow CLs and GFs to ignore something like that? Are we gonna ignore it if one family just keeps letting members go rogue as long as they're not hitting your district? Just because a problem doesn't directly affect you doesn't mean it isn't your problem. That looks bad on all of us and any Godfather or CL aware of this who hasn't publicly or privately displayed anger about him not being punished severely enough should be embarrassed with themselves."

"Don Rorschach and Godfather Jeddy this man clearly doesn't give a damn how he represents your district. I've gotta ask if we're to be left in the dark about whether he'll be punished or how he'll be punished how are we not to assume you're basically okay with him continuing to do this? The community has a right to know people who make a mockery of this thing of ours are being punished when they're repeat offenders and your lack of presence here is seriously disturbing to me."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

What's a double standard? That leaders are different? I think we've established leaders are all very different people. Leaders can make whatever calls they'd like. I don't think it's up to you, a lowly goomba to question the Dons & Godfathers of these fair cities.

It's really disgusting when you come out here and bitch about something you only half know about as well. I think you came out here not for the speech; but to make a dig at the central leadership of the leaders across the nation because your bloodline isn't happy with some leaders because they don't pay you much attention? I don't know, nor do I care. Leave the personal shit out of this speech, please. 

Let's start with the second one and get it out of the way shall we? You are the only one making assumptions and bringing up personal shit. I am giving my opinion. Lowly goomba or not I still have one just as you do. Don't like it? Tough.

Now as far as double standards.

Ravyn grabs a dictionary for Kyubey.

"A double standard is the application of different sets of principles for similar situations, or by two different people in the same situation. A double standard may take the form of an instance in which certain concepts (often, for example, a word, phrase, social norm, or rule) are perceived as acceptable to be applied by one group of people, but are considered unacceptable—taboo—when applied by another group."

Has nothing to do with leaders being different. Although I don't think they are as different as they want to think. I do think that they follow this definition quite well in some of the situations that do arise.

Report Post Tip

Let's start with the second one and get it out of the way shall we? You are the only one making assumptions and bringing up personal shit. I am giving my opinion. Lowly goomba or not I still have one just as you do. Don't like it? Tough.

"I made the same assumption, I just don't think responding to you is worth it because you'll just have another excuse to keep bitching. You do have an opinion, it's retarded, but you're allowed to have it and use it as a segway to insulting leaders at every chance you get, and other people are allowed to have theirs that your opinion doesn't matter because it's always the same old bullshit. If you want people to stop assuming you're bitching about leaders... find a new topic. One that doesn't involve nothing but bitching. Force your wicked lips to make a smile or something and try to enjoy life rather than waste all your energy complaining. Especially after your ancestor did nothing to fix the problems she complained about when she had her own district."

Has nothing to do with leaders being different. Although I don't think they are as different as they want to think. I do think that they follow this definition quite well in some of the situations that do arise.

"And look, even if you were telling the truth about your original remark you brought your response to him back to the same old topic... how... pitifully predictable. Honestly, I feel bad for you. Are you actually just a broken record? Do you feel happiness? Why can't you put in the effort to change things after spending so much energy complaining?"

"Tell me Ravyn, when's the last time your line actually did anything to try to change the way things are for yourself or the community? The answer is never as far as the community goes, and probably years if ever for yourself. My advice, go incognito if you don't wanna be treated the same way every time because you've burned damn near every bridge you possibly could and you could use an incognito run. Whatever you do, just stop bitching because no one even blinks at the thought of you opening your mouth is you just bitching again."

Report Post Tip

MY stance is simple. i don't agree with disrepect at a funeral, as i wouldn't want to see it in the streets, mail, etc.  Sadly in the past  things have happend where  things slide, how much effort someone should make on the streets or eanings in some crews my line has served an i see it as just another.

As much as some say respect isn't importance in this thing of our i always thought it was the foundation of all things we do.  I can understand the anger at losing a good friend or someone you thought would be the future of the family but sadly like princess said, if your haven't go anything good to say, say nothing at all.

When no one or hardly anyone is at a funeral people notice, the same way someone who contributed a lot to this world

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip

" Rorschach and Jeddy is this really what you want representing your district in public? Is grave pissing or whatever you wanna call that is not only okay for members of your district, but something to be proud of enough that you can speak of doing it a third time publicly? Honestly, where's the line if this man walks away completely unpunished after doing it a second time? He's a representative of you and your standards, whether you like it or not, and him going unpunished is telling the community you're okay with enabling people to do something as classless and stupid as grave pissing. Which makes me wonder... if something like that is okay, what else is going unpunished in the district?"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

why go to funeral of someone u feel that way about?? common decency, THINK OF CHILDREN FAMILY ETC! so rude. they should call police.

The standards are slipping and disrespecting somebodies funeral should not be tolerated in my eyes. I agree that respect should be earned and if someone hasn't earned it then that is fine but there is no need to go to their funeral and make comments. As it has been said you can mumble something before you shoot them if you take the shot. We even have some kind of magic ability to leave a note that reaches the next of kin.

We are fast becoming a joke, common criminals would look up to us with our ways but as a world continues we are getting closer to the common criminal and less like the Mafia that our bloodlines started out in.

The debate over funerals had been one that was dragging on and on, Tepid had sat back and listened to everyone speak, now it was his turn to have a small piece of the cake.

"Personally I don't believe anyone has the right to tell someone how to act or not, including at a funeral. We have dictated that funerals should be a respected thing but it is not a god given rule to not do so or to do so. For obvious reasons it is frowned upon but everybody has the right of speech and I do not believe that one should be bullied for such actions and words at a funeral.

What does it have to do with you what someone says? Has nothing to do with me, so what if this person doesn't care about the consequences for bad mouthing? It doesn't affect me and by the way I see it it doesn't affect you either. If you don't like it, tough, they've said it, deal with it and move on.

Now before I begin to be hated or even bullied myself for speaking out loud, I believe it is my time to now leave."

Before he can be abused, he quickly makes his way to the back of the crowd before vanishing.

Report Post Tip

Tepid I don't think the original speaker was telling anyone how to act, he just wanted the general consensus from the community to see what we think about about disrespecting funeral's. Your view of it not having anything to do with you is a blind one because in this world ever action has a reaction and at some point that thing that had nothing to do with you could affect you. 

Also if we lived by the if it doesn't directly affect me so I won't talk about it attitude then the streets would be a very dull place.

Report Post Tip

Trixie has taken some time to hear the words of those older and wiser than her, as well as those not so old.  She pauses to consider just how best to say what she has to say on this topic and then approaches the now vacant soapbox.

You asked for opinions and have received quite a few.  This is a topic that many clearly have strong feelings about.  I find that rather curious myself, but as I am fairly new to these shores I am willing to take the words of those with a longer history into account as I wend my way through my daily life here. 

This said however, I do have an opinion on this topic.  Overall I do not see this as an issue worthy of so much of a to-do.

Pissing on someone's grave might be considered tasteless, but beyond that I really could care less what people say at a funeral.  Out of the words already spoken though, it is clear that many view this behavior as disrespectful.  I am still unclear on just who it is disrespectful toward though.  The dead person is dead, after all, so what do they care about respect.  Is it disrespectful to the remainder of the dead person's crew?  I think that would depend on what was said to be honest.  It might  be, in which case the crew leader could address that if they wish.  Is it disrespectful toward our community?  I know I don't see it that way, but I guess others might.  If so, they would need to make that argument.

Overall, as already indicated, I find this issue really a minor issue and am amazed that so many take such umbrage at the behavior.  I invite any and all of you to piss on my grave when I finally find it - if that is what you want to do.  It won't hurt me in the least.

Trixie jumps off the soapbox and slowly moves off to her favorite elm tree so she can continue reading her latest book on tactics in war.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: To Pee, or not to Pee
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL