Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:16:03
Page:  1 
The Darkness Shines Bright Started by: Taegan on Jul 24, '14 04:50

Taegan had been quite busy lately and a little silent. Something she usually tried to avoid. She preferred to be the type of person who voiced her opinion or congratulations often, but with the times she was only doing so off and on. Her hectic schedule kept pulling her away from what she really wanted to do. To talk to the people or rather, her fellow mafioso. She always enjoyed a fine chat with them. So many personalities and so many opinions.

Yet, today was a little different. Today she was coming out to gather her friends and fellow criminals for a little sit down. She wanted to share something that was a bit closer to her heart. Not just something you heard every day, yet perhaps not brand new either.

As a crowd began to form around the table she sat at, she smiled and nodded at everyone. Time to get to the point of why she brought everyone here.

"Hello and thank you for coming, even if seeing me isn't on your highest priority. I thank you for showing."

Taegan's smile gently rested on her face as she looked around.

"I'll just skip the friendly chit chat and get to why I wanted everyone to hear me. I wanted to share something with you all. Something that many might wonder why I even brought it to light, but let me explain. While you all listen, which I'm sure during that you will become unsure what my point is, just listen until the end."

Pausing she took a sip from her water and began.

"You know, I've always been afraid of the dark. For as long as I can remember. I have always had some form of light to make me feel safe. I would sprint through dark rooms like my life depended on it. I was always fearing what I could not see. You're probably wondering why I am talking about this. Why would I tell everyone how afraid I am of the dark? Well, there is a reason behind talking about my fear."

She glanced around to see if people were still paying attention and set her cup down a bit loudly to catch the attention of those starting to zone out.

"One of the most beautiful things to me in this world or universe rather, are the stars. I can't help, but look up at night or stare at them as I sit there. They are beautiful and magnificent. I feel like they all have a story to them that I will never know. Their own planets that I will never see or hear about."

"Yet, that being said, without the dark, I would never be able to enjoy these stars. If it wasn't for my worst fear, I would never have my greatest love. It is amazing how my fear gives me a gift. As much as I wish that I would never have to face the darkness, I have to confront it or else never see my stars."

Taegan smiled as others started to seem interested, but she had reached the whole point of her story and the ending of it.

"In order to find what you hold dear, you have to conquer your fear."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $120,000 Tip
Failure, it is what I fear the most. As cliche as it sounds, it rings truest to me. My entire life has been dedicated to training to become a better warrior, a better protector of the realm, and a reliable confidant to those closest to me. It has consumed my life and given me purpose. When I feel like failing could occur, I think about my pledge to Godmother Princess. It helps me refocus and fight my fear of failing. She is the light in the darkness that I need the most.

Talking about your fears is healthy. Opening up the conversation about what you fear the most allows you to identify it and hopefully conquer it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $120,000 Tip

FourLoko stumbled on the street, wasted. She stumbled into a tree, which she hugged and then followed Warrior Vaelin_Al_Sorna's voice was coming from. The path took her over a fire hydrant, through a bush and down to the ground after she tripped on a curb. FourLoko picked herself up in a very unlady like way, it looked like she was trying to audition for the spider in that  children's nursery rhyme. All limbs, all over. Finally, thankfully, Four found Warrior Sorna, but to make sure she touched his face. 

Yup, yup, that's you.

Her words were crystal clear in her head. When they were released from her lips they were all sloshed together. Four stood next to Warrior Sorna as they listened to Hollywood's Godmother, Taegan, speak. Standing may have been a smidge of a lie, it was more like swaying. Every few seconds she'd have to clutch onto Warrior Sorna's shirt to steady herself or the earth. She was half way into convincing herself that it was the earth that was spinning and not her when Warrior Sorna cleared his throat to share his own fear. He pulled away from Four and she tripped a few feet behind her, finding a tree to cling to. 

Four organized in her mind what everyone had said so far. Taegan mentioned the dark, Warrior Sorna mentioned failure. Four didn't know what to mention. She didn't know what she was scared of or what sort of fear took over her rational thinking. Four's mind quickly wondered off subject and she thought about Taegan and the land she reigned from. Hollywood. How absolutely wonderful. Palm trees, drugs, sunshine, knifes, RomanSionis, beaches, sharks....

SHARKS!

It was out of Four's mouth, screaming, shrieking, before she realized it had happened. Four clamped her hand over her mouth, her eyes as big as flying saucers. 

Oh my....she whispered to herself realizing she'd actually have to speak up now instead of just stand by and be one of the many listeners or watchers. 

Sharks, big white teeth, grey fin...it makes me shudder. Just thinking about it now has given me goosebumps all over. 

Four was doing a bit better with keeping her words a little bit more clear, though her head kept getting off topic. She didn't know how much more she could elaborate about her fear without things getting a bit gruesome. She also felt sick. Four took a bow and an exit. 

Report Post Tip

Just a face in the back of the crowd, I listened to Taegan carefully. She was not complaining, rambling, or pointing fingers and this intrigued me. I thought a requirement to speak around here was to be negative and throw dirt at things you have no control over--or maybe that's just what I've seen in the week I've been here. Regardless, I decided to chime in.

"Thousands of stars glimmering, each a world away. Everything that we are and will ever be was made in the interior of collapsing stars. There is possibly nothing quite as humbling as stargazing on a clear night far outside city limits. How many others have looked at the same stars, wondering the same questions over the course of time? How miniscule are we in the grand scheme of things? Billions of galaxies and we all happen to share the same sphere, for better or worse..."

My mind drifted off for a few long seconds before refocusing.

"Fear, a very real natural instinct. It's difficult to overcome, and very easy letting it control your every move. I feel as humans we generally fear the same things, to higher or lesser degrees, as self preservation and fear go hand in hand. Personally, I fear trusting others. Rather, I fear having my trust betrayed. It's something that has shaped where and who I am today and I often times wonder what could have been, how my energy could have been differently spent..."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Darkness Shines Bright
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL