Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 22:52:44
Page:  1 
Reliance on the Gods Started by: Jono on Jul 24, '14 17:58

Jono was taking a stroll down the streets breathing in the fresh air. He'd not been around the streets much lately due to the fact that there seems to have been an angry mob who had taken control of them for quite some time, pitch forks and all. If he was honest, Jono wanted to join this angry mob but found himself instilled with rage everytime he tried to speak, so thought better of it. Now though, that mob seems to have died down with the death of CookieMonster. So he could walk down the streets again, hoping that the recent hot topic was over and hoping to bring out another one. See before and during all this controversy Jono had noticed a growing trend and he wanted to either gather some opinions on it or hell... Just get his own opinion out there. While strolling with an absent mind he bumps in to a local thug, eager to make a name for himself.

"Oi! Watch where ye going!" Jono growls. 

Noticing that one of the Right Hands of The Loop had just bumped in to him, the thug immediately accepts responsibility. "I'm sorry! I wasn't looking... I was trying to walk around this soap box here." The thug replies. 

Jono's eyes widen and anger fills his veins. He clicks his fingers as the thug turns to see two pairs of hands, as hairy as lronSight's back and probably about the same size as TyrionLannister's own arms and hand. The hands reach out from under the shadows and pull the soap box in to a dark alley way when suddenly a noise errupts in the sound of frantic screaming and smashing, seconds later the mangled heap of what was the soap box flies from out of the shadows and falls at the thugs feat. The thug looks back up to Jono and stutters.

"Wa...wa...was that a...a mon...monkey?" He says as a banana peel hits him square in the face followed by the sound of something burping. 

Jono realising what just happened tries to change the subject quickly and puts an arm around the thug, leading him down the street. 

So, uhm yeah... Don't worry about what you just saw there. I actually came to the streets today to share an opinion of mine. Since you're here... I'll share it with you.  People are getting way too... What's the best way to put it? Religious? Eh, I don't know. People are way to reliant on the gods of our thing. Take this for example. Jono points over a couple of streets down. Here are some people who are praying right now to the gods, what are they praying for? They're praying that the gods do away with the districts we have become accustomed to in favour of reverting back to something our ancestors enjoyed. Simple and straight forward cities. Now I must admit to you dear thug, from what I have heard and read I too would love the idea of having simple and seperate cities opposed to a lot of districts but do you think you are going to see or hear me pray about it? Naw. No chance. That's just one example that I could see. There have been many more but for the life of me, I can't think of them off the top of my head at the moment. You don't know me very well my new friend, just ask those that do. They'd tell you my memory is worse than that of a goldfish. 

The point I am trying to make here is that the gods give us the tools and the ability to do what we want with it. They provide our way of life and from time to time they will magically give us new tools to work with and occasionally take some old useless tools away from us. Sometimes they'll even give us something new that gives us a kick in the direction of where they want to take things. The fact that they give us anything is a miracle. We as the living, breathing people of this world need to realise what we have got and use it to mold the life we want. Instead of hoping that the gods will make it a permanent fixture. 

Like for example the city vs district thing. We have the tools and the ability to make it what we want. So why haven't we? A city can still be a city of old, just with different districts. It is what we make of it, not what the gods want us to make of it. 

Jono turns to the thug to see him standing there with the look of confusion spread across his face. "So, what do you think there fella?" He asks.

"No, really... Where they monkeys?" Came the reply.

Jono smacks the thug across the head and sends him on his way. He waves... Tar lar!

Report Post Tip
Touché! Get stuff done, influence th council. If you don't like something, resist. If you don't get anywhere, revolt!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

ChrisPalko shoots a monkey as it attempts to steal his hubcap

I thought we got rid of these things?

Anyway, that doesn't matter, god damn monkeys. Jono I really like what you're saying here.

ChrisPalko paused for a moment and reflected...

I didn't think I'd ever say that, but you're right to an extent. See, I've prayed to the gods on multiple occasions for change. Mostly small changes though, ones I think we mortals would benefit from as a whole. I don't think there's anything wrong with religion in that sense. If the gods deem an idea valuable enough to implement, they do it. If they don't? They don't. 

The difference is - either way the ball rolls you have to just learn to deal with it. Gods are gods for a reason and it's not the type of thing that changes. You can't have a religion without FAITH. You have to have a certain amount of faith that the gods are consistently acting in our best interest. Whether that interest be growing the population of our world, or altering the way we do business for the good of the little guy.

In the end, you can't rely on the gods for anything other than the fact that they will do what is in the best interest of this world as a whole. If you don't like something the gods have willed into creation - maybe that one wasn't for you. 

As far as districts go? My father's journals indicate that districts assisted in the movements of fate that resulted in let's just say 'major changes' that most people here were quite happy to see, even if my father wasn't happy about it at all.

You can't one day say that something needs to be done to stop the monopolization of the criminal underworld, and then the next day claim that the gods are making it too difficult to monopolize and control the criminal underworld. That's just not how it works. 

Report Post Tip

lronSight comes stumbling out from the dark alley firing blindly behind him with rope burn marks around his wrists.

"God damned monkeys!"

lronSight turns to aim his next shot and you notice one of his ears is missing, and that he is reloading his gun,

"ChrisPalko everything you said defending the actions of the Gods has nothing to do with his speech. Bad ChrisPalko, get back in your cage. He's speaking on not being as dependent for enforcing certain things on our end."

lronSight begins firing down the alley again and pulls a bloody handkerchief out of his pocket with what appears to be his ear wrapped inside. After he finishes checking to make sure it's okay he continues speaking,

"I usually don't understand the point of asking for an intervention without attempting to control something on our end, though a few subjects come to mind that are/were impossible to control but they're usually a rare sight. It is important to try to control standards as much as we can on our own, without the Gods, but at the same time calling upon the Gods to assist if it's within their power and important enough shouldn't be looked down upon either. How do we implement this? Bring concerns to the leadership... is one way. Bringing it to the public, would be my way. As long as you personally make an effort to keep standards up by reporting or commenting on something you think is wrong, you're part of the solution and it really does take a whole community of people to keep standards up and things working the way we want them to."

lronSight tosses Jono a set of car keys.

"You're done speaking here... one of your stupid monkeys bit my ear off and now you'll be driving me to the hospital or I swear to God I'll choke the life out of every last one of those hubcap thieving bastards!"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reliance on the Gods
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL