Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 05:11:29
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
145 people online and I can't get enough people for OC. Started by: reverandmm80 on Jul 28, '14 21:41

In all fairness Mako, his communication within his city wasn't ever in question, it was with Godfathers of another City. I very much doubt he's expected to be in conversation with a Godfather, especially one he doesn't know, about trying to arrange an OC. Especially when its clear said Godfather bears some sort of grudge against the man.

Anyway, back to the point of the topic itself; As others have pointed out, Detroit is a growing city and its expected that it would be harder to plan an OC there because of the low population, plan ahead like Mako said and contact people within your Crew/District to get the help required for the OC, though having worked with you before I know this is likely something you do already.

I personally always forget my own OC, I think I maybe conduct it once or twice a week. I find the fact that you get tons of invites all day long kinda makes up for the fact you didn't run your own.. least thats what I tell myself.

Report Post Tip

You're preaching to the choir, reverandmm80.

There has been many discussion on this, but the fact of the matter is, the game layout isn't going to change. So we must do with what we have and try to make the best out of it.

We are actually in steps though to try and populate the cities that have people already in them (cause we believe that's the best we can do for right now and expand on in the future, also a reason we aren't populating PH any time soon), which in turn, has also been mentioned on the streets, as well as another handful of OOC threads with this same discussion.

Report Post Tip

TyrionLannister I mistakenly made this about OC's. In reality it was a bad example I used to make a point. I understand that I am I rookie in all you people's eyes. But in truth Im nearly 45 years old and have played these types of games for awhile. Most of the time I keep my mouth shut, and after this you can count on me keeping my mouth shut in the future.

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't say you should keep your mouth shut. The thing about sharing your thoughts is that not everyone will  have the same view, so you need to be able to listen to other views. I know some of the responses were more personal than anything to do with the actual thread itself, but even still that can happen.

Don't take it to heart, Desmand isn't a bad guy or anything and I strongly doubt he'd want you to cease speaking because of the view he shared, it was simply his personal view of the situation and he spoke his mind as he is entitled to do.

Also, I would say your far past the stage of being a n00b around here. You don't need to play for years to understand how to play and you know exactly how to play the game which if you remember is why you and I were once competing on units. I've been around these streets more years than I care to remember and I hope to be around them for many more, but that doesn't make me any more valuable a player than someone that started last week. We all are here for the same reason, to play the game. So don't ever sell yourself short as someone of less value just because you've been here less time.

Report Post Tip

I don't sell myself short, but I don't need the drama either. I do not know Desmand, nor have I ever spoken to him. The fact that he obviously knows some things about me albeit from 1 side is obvious. If you are who I think you are, then you know the story behind my 1st retirement. Was I wrong, probably yes, and for that I have made amends by apologizing. If an apology isn't enough then that's on them. I don't owe anyone anything.

Report Post Tip

I just wanted to comment on the 6 cities comment, and seeing how everyone is jumping all over Rev for this comment.

Did Johnny not mention not to long ago that they were going to leave philly alone for awhile till other cities get established?

Call me crazy, but everyone seems to be on track with that idea and understand it.

If the population was healthy enough to support 6 cities, then why might I ask is philly not being used?

Yes, this takes time we all understand that. But the when it comes to active members, people that are doing the day in day out grind majority of the people hardly fill 2 cities, never mind 6.

I really dont care to get much involved in the debate, I just thought i should point this out.

Report Post Tip

don't worry, it happens.

have patience and faith, you'll succeed.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: 145 people online and I can't get enough people for OC.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL