Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:37:39
Page:  1 
Super Impressive and also important announcement of fun Started by: LandShark on Jul 31, '14 03:42

He yells out that he has important news and then hops up onto a piece of cardboard he had placed down for himself, and then he waits for the people to line up as if it were the fair and they were getting on the carousel.  He had always particularly enjoyed the carousel. The people came quicker than he had realized and they didn't seem very good with waiting, most of them had already begun to stamper their feet or fidget around to hear the news, some even looked upset and one man was wearing a rather revealing pantsuit. This is when the creature realized something he hadn't known about himself before... something that probably should have been found out sooner rather than later, but now it was too late, the creature had just found out he was deathly afraid of large crowds. 

"Eck."

"Urr."

"Heh."

"Scckkkfffkkkkk."

The noises which end up making their way from his throat are things that no human could possibly understand and he is sure if they could understand them, they would not be happy about the things they're hearing. He rubs his rather massive hands together and sighs a few times. A few of the more astute people realize there is nothing important to hear as they begin walking off, the creature smiles once he realizes his stalling is working, and that's when he says it...

"Wait! Don't go!"

Out of all of the things he could have said, out of all of the words his mouth were able to form, why in the hell did they have to form that? He's pretty sure he didn't even think those exact words at any point before he had spoken them. Why would he say THAT? The people stop their departure and gather around once more, this time  their facial expressions definitely read of annoyance rather than excitement. Surely he would have something important to say if here were to stop us from leaving, they all most likely thought, although the creature can't be sure because he has yet to learn how to read minds.

"Heh. Mary had a little lamb?"

The people DO NOT look amused, but neither is the creature, he did not want it to go this way, he was sure they would understand if only he could just apologize about the short outbursts, the leaving them standing aimlessly in the middle of the streets for no apparent reason, and the lack of sanity behind anything he has said so far.

"I... AMMM. SOR... SORE? No, eeck."

His mouth clasped shut and refused to open, the embarrassment was too much and yet he could not seem to work himself off of the stage. This is where people told stories and made debate, yet he couldn't work his lips to even give a simple announcement - one of which he had forgotten at least five minutes ago anyways. He attempted to let out even a squeal, but his mind refused to remind his mouth how it worked, and his mouth had forgotten almost entirely. Slowly working himself back further and further, he finally reaches an area where he felt secure, one only a few inches away from an alley.

"HEY! Buddy, are you going to talk or what? We don't have all day for this sort of shit, now you said it was important. So don't leave us waiting, okay? This isn't funny!"

Most of them agreed or at least they seemed to grunt angrily in succession, but maybe they just had a case of the coughs, who could really know for certain? The creature slunk a bit more closer to the alley before finally zipping off down it, after a few moments of running he had entered a new street and began to run as quickly as he could down it. Nothing could stop him. Nothing.

Except for a sewer...

Splash.

Well that's rather unfortunate, but good thing he knows how to swim.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

I see an unfortunate creature running down the alley, unaware that the sewer cover had been stolen earlier in the day.  Oh dear!  This could be bad.

"Hey Mister - don't run there."

She sees him fall into the open pit.  hmmm 

"Oopsie!  I guess it is not your day.  Here - take this and maybe you won't drown."

I toss him one of the purple dinosaur water toys my nephew is so fond of.  It helps him in a pool - perhaps it will help the guy gulping for breath in the sewer.  He does look like he might make it after all.

I glance around to see if anyone sees me doing a good deed.  I don't want anyone to know I can be nice after all. 

Report Post Tip

Wading in the sewers hoping nobody can hear him, a lone plop is heard a few inches away, such a plop would normally not move a creature to fright in normal circumstances, but these were definitely not normal. The sound sent a spark up the creatures spine as he jumped and yelped, throwing around his arms and headbutting into what he hoped was just water. After his thrashing ceased he had finally realized exactly what it was that was only an arms length from him.

A.

God.

Damn.

Dinosaur.

It stared at him almost as relentlessly as he stared back, both locking eyes with one another for what seemed to be a millennia. Poking at it a few times attempting to gauge exactly what type of monster had beset upon him, he finally realized it to not be a living dinosaur at all, but rather that of a fake toy. A toy. One of his prehistoric brethren had been reduced to some sort of gag gift. A small sadness waved over him, and it was only for a short moment before he realized the wave was not that of the inside, but rather a large wave of what he could only identify as poopy. It pushed him harshly onto his back and he could do nothing but watch his new toy be taken away within the whirlwind of sludge and terrible smells.

The dinosaur. It was lost forever.

He was very sad.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Super Impressive and also important announcement of fun
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL