Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:15:19
Page:  1 
A Simple Question Started by: Dandy on Aug 01, '14 11:34

Dandy walks toward a soapbox and stand. He take out a cigarette and ask for one of his boobies for a light. He puff a long one and exhale all the smoke he has taken while looking at the cigarette. He looks around and and was happy that he catch most of the attention of the people around him.

I will not take more of your time 'coz I do know that all of you are busy and so do I. I stand here infront of you to ask a simple question.

Dandy puff another long one and adore the cigarette he smoke.

He looks around again and smile.

My bloodline has become well known tailor in this shore, am not the best but still a decent one. My bloodline has also been known to help anyone in need, some of them become a hand of well known leaders in the past, become a leader of one family. some of them achieve many and some of them dont.

My question is, How far your bloodline had come so far in this shore? Did you already achieve any of what you wanted to do?

Report Post Tip

Admiral Ackbar just rolled out a crappy boat with his filthy clothes and and his hands clutched around his last possessions. As he strolled down the streets of New York he saw Dandy stepping onto a soap box and decided to listen to what he had to say. Before he had even finished Admiral decided to light up a big fat blunt and think about what his father and grandfather had achieved in this thing of ours.

Admiral cleared his throat and replied

'My grandfather and father always came to this shore with certain goals in mind. Never would they come to this shore without a plan in the back there head. Setting up a family was always one of the main ambitions and my father was successful in this. It may have been for a rather short period of time, but I learned a lot from his journals. I will take all the information and experience from his journals with me on my next adventure'.

Admiral took an other drag from his blunt and strolled of to the airport for a flight to Detroit. Visiting the grave of his father and take a good though on what he was going to set as his new goal in this thing of ours. 

Report Post Tip

Looks at Dandy on his soapbox and admires him as he talks about his bloodline.  Koifishy steps closer wearing a simple yet eloquent back dress with shiny black heels.  Her hair is perfected and her stance demands respect.

While before I have striven to be something, yet never became anything.  Why you may ask.  My heart and soul were only halfway into the lifestyle, my family back home didn't understand who I was or wanted to become, so many in my bloodline have crumbled with nothing to show except a rank a two.  This time though, this time will be different.  I have taken a leave from the others who don't understand and those that that do have become a part of the mafia life as well.  Finding a niche is one of the hardest parts, but I believe I'm on the right path to becoming bigger and better than any in my bloodline have proven to be.  I'm working harder, faster, and making connections with people that I hadn't before.  I hope to one day be that connection for someone else who is struggling to find their niche.  The mafia life, the only life there is.

Koifishy takes a deep breath and steps a few feet back.  Choosing to hang around and listen to the stories of others that have become someone or have chosen to become someone.

Report Post Tip

Ghostdog notices crowd gathered around the soapbox, and he sees a few people he don't actually knows to speak. They look like gangsters, and he thinks "i will be like them one day". He approaches to listen carefully. After Sir Dandy's question, and after  Sir AdmiralAckbar-  and Sir koifishy replied, he finds opportunity to come in front and say a few words.

I'm sorry to interrupt you gentlemen but, is it so important the bloodline? My bloodline has never succeeded something great, but then again how do we define something great? It is important for me to honor my ancestors. But then again, I don't see a way they could pay my debts. Or I could never feel proud just because someone relative to me did something great once, if I haven't prove to be at least equal with him.

Ghostdog takes a step back to make some room for people who wish to speak further.

Report Post Tip

Brendan is walking down to the massage parlor with a baseball bat in his hand he owner runs a side business offering "Happy endings" to people in the neighborhood but has been late on paying protection money missing the last three weekly payments. Missing one week is fine two you start worrying but with three weeks and no dollars coming in now you have a problem. Brendan is on his way to the shop when he hears a few people across the street having an interesting conversation curious Brendan joins in.

"I don't come from a long line of people who accomplished much in this life most of em ended up dead and the lucky ones ended up behind bars doing some serious time. Life is short surviving is winning its a dog eat dog world out here and if you're a little slow or a little late you might end up dead in the woods somewhere. Now if you excuse me I've got to handle some business."

Brendan crosses the street to the massage parlor breaks the windows with his bat and goes inside seconds later screams and gunshots are heard.

Report Post Tip

I get up from the seat I had taken in the shadows.  I had heard enough.  All this talk of bloodlines and achievements has left me confused.  I jump on a vacant soap box and look around to see if anyone cares.  Well maybe they don't but I am gonna speak my piece anyway.

All of this talk about bloodlines and achievements has made me wonder.  Are people here thinking they should be judged based on what their great great greats did?  Whatever happened to people being judged based on what they themselves do?  Now I know that familial achievements are something to be proud of - and I agree.  But it is not something people should dwell on.  Go out and do your own thing and be judged based on what you do.   That is something you can be proud of - or not so proud - depending of course on what you do.  This seems to fly in the face of how many in this place view things but after all - what else are you but what you have just done yourself?

I jump off the soapbox in great haste and hustle back to my chair in the shadows.  Let's see who else has an opinion.  :)

Report Post Tip

Nyte was caught off guard as she walked by the gathering crowd of people. She stopped and listened to Trixie with a nod of approval on Her intake of bloodlines. Nyte herself coming from a not so great bloodline herself, just had to add her 2 cent on this..

So she jumped on soapbox previously stood on by Trixie and cleared her throat..

"I would have to agree with Trixie on this topic. what makes You great,  is created with your own good or bad deed, not those based of the past bloodlines. I don't come from the greatest bloodline, but hell I'm here to make My own history, add My name to the books. I just feel people shouldn't be judged by the wrong doings of the past. Give the new member a chance to grow and prove themselves to this sometimes harsh world"

with that, Nyte jumped down and slipped back off into the surrounding shadows, and went about her business..

Report Post Tip

Shawn notices a small gathering as he looks out of his Shubert 38.  He looks at the central figure that stood near the soapbox stand, and he realizes that face looks familiar, and suddenly recognizing it as one of the famous suit makers in this part of the shore. He signals his driver to stop the car immediately. He gets out of his car, and waves to his entourage of bodyguards to stay back as he walks towards the gathering.  He tips his hat as he greets the people gathered around.  He lights up his pipe as hears out what Dandy has to say.  He exhales the smoke as he then starts to speak.

I have heard my grandfather say, "A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder".  My father and grandfathers have always had their goals, and have striven hard to achieve them.  With dedication I try to follow in their footsteps, and am proud to say I have achieved part of my goal.  Now I am striving to achieve the remaining part of my goal, even though I still have a long way to go.  I am dedicated to hard work and putting in the effort needed to achieve my goals.  I wish you all the best in achieving your goals.

He takes another deep puff from his pipe and blows out the smoke.  He then tips his hat at those gathered in there, as he makes his way back to his car.  He gets into his car, and signals his driver to start.  He rests his head on the seat thinking on what needs to be done now in order to achieve the rest of his goal.

Report Post Tip

My bloodline comes and goes like the passing wind. We generally come just to see whats happening and see where we fit into society if at all.  When my uncles Carlo and Alessandro came to these shores, was more to explore, make money and satiate a curiousity of how things worked on and learn the basics of it.  Although they took in much, unfortunately as their families fell so did they but they had succeeded in learning the basics and their journals would be their for the next to venture..

My family sent one more member, one eye, he wanted to be a leader, unfortunately war again robbed the opportunity within a week of arriving here so my family decided, maybe was more to be achieved elsewhere and left in frustration.

After a year out, my family decided why not, come back see whats happening and see if times had changed, Pina came over hoping too use the families experience to gain position in a structure,and found some success, working in the families college of crime teaching the new blood and as a familiy consigliere before yet anothe war time death.

Stephen would come over, and joined a stronger alliance at the time, attempting to boost his presence on the street and business districts.  He had given up on the idea of leadership or upper structure work, and instead tried to consolidate his work. although he had some success in debate and business district, as for publishing short stories, he fell on his face.  He had achieved a left hand position although felt frustrated by a lack of input.

inconsequential characters followed, some barely turning gangster as another year or so passed without my family on the shores.   Slowly, i have wanderered the streets, have pilfered pockets and visited the businesses and streets that have sprung up in my absence.  My aims, i guess are more on the business district and streets side as well as serving my family as i can best and only in death will i be able to measure my level of success.

For now on a history as a whole, my family have not achieved most of what they original wanted but kept other things they wanted to such as keeping their honour in tact.   They maintained their loyalty, achieved don in a period when less common and found different ways to contribute to the family.  Although i hope to achieve more then what my family have before me, I know how getting what you want, and the reality of what you actually received  when you get or achieve it can be two different things,.

Report Post Tip

do you have any beer?

Report Post Tip

Iocaste appears out of nowhere grins.

My bloodline has been, through time, among the decent earners, hitters, left hands, right hands, crew leaders and even godfather once (how the hell any of my kind ever reached that rank is still a mystery considering I rank more slowly than the legendary Jono nowadays).

It has killed idiots, been killed by idiots, been the idiot. It has even been killed by its own gun malfunction once while being bold - aaah, good old times.

But more importantly, it reminded to the world how bacon is the essence of life. It created a religion based on bacon. It has eaten so much bacon that the whole industry is flourishing. 

And I also like to think that somehow, it has left this delicate and marvelous sound of sizzling bacon, this taste of angels frolicking on your tongue and this smell that reminds you of the best breakfasts you have ever had here, among these streets, and elsewhere.

That, my friend, is the most sincere answer I could give you : I hope that it has sprinkled bits of bacon on our history, making it a bit tastier sometimes.

Iocaste nods

And on that note, I have to find new plans to embarrass lronsight...

​He finally proceeds to disappear as he came, out for yet an other "bright" plan involving lion masks, toy stores and naked individuals running around.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Simple Question
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL