Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 08:32:49
Page:  1 
MR Poll #1 Results Started by: Denam on Aug 08, '14 03:05

Evening, everyone. I've reached roughly 10% sample size with this survey, so I'm confident in sharing the results. It was circulated by my fantastic helpers (you know who you are, and were paid handsomely) to most of the districts/crews. Thank you to everyone who provided their thoughts. Here's how the userbase weighed in:

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of the current set of godfathers (excluding your own)? *
  •  Favorable (50%)
  •  Unfavorable (24%)
  •  Neither (26%)
Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of the current set of crewleaders (excluding your own)? *
  •  Favorable (60%)
  •  Unfavorable (18%)
  •  Neither (22%)
Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of the amount of posts in the Streets? *
  •  Favorable (22%)
  •  Unfavorable (30%)
  •  Neither (48%)
Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of the Streets activity by crewleaders (excluding your own)? *
  •  Favorable (26%)
  •  Unfavorable (34%)
  •  Neither (40%)
Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of the Godfather Council? *
  •  Favorable (38%)
  •  Unfavorable (26%)
  •  Neither (36%)

My Thoughts

The intentions behind this survey were rooted in my curiosity, and are by no means conclusive about how everyone thinks. I pulled from a minute minority, and wanted to see if the network would work as intended. It did, and it opens up opportunities for future surveys. In the future, I will likely leave surveys up for a week or more, and allow a larger group to provide their thoughts. The questions I selected were generic and harmless, as I was more interested in getting a diversity of opinions than encompassing the entire mentality of the site.

As for the data, it speaks for itself, but here's what I see:

• Despite the "lack of quality CLs" argument which has been postured recently, there is resounding support for Crewleaders as a whole; even more than the support for Godfathers (which I found very interesting).
  • Question 3 (concerning Streets activity) noted the smallest "Favorable" percentage, with only 22% of the site happy with the way the Streets currently are, with nearly 50% unaware or unconcerned.
  • The largest section of unfavorable opinions comes in Question 4; showing that the userbase is aware of and unhappy with the current Streets activity by CLs (other than their own).
  • Perhaps one of the oddest comparisons would be the first question and the final question, which are almost the same yet yield very different responses. While 50% are favorable to the current set of Godfathers, only 38% are favorable to the Godfather Council.

Once again, these results are by no means a conclusive way of gauging the opinions of the entire game. This was the test run for a program which I'd like to see executed regularly to get the opinions of the non-vocal masses to the forefront. If you have any questions, let me know.

Disclaimer: While I would love to have you guys discuss the results, if you are going to argue over the data please take it elsewhere. I will reiterate: this is a small sample size and is a poor indicator of the opinions of the entire game. It was a test run. Please do not argue over this data. Please provide input on future questions, future methods of data collection, or any concerns you have about how it was run. Thank you very much.

Report Post Tip

Also, for future surveys, I would like to have a liaison to each crew/district for circulation. If you are interested in being that person for your crew or district, let me know and I'll add you to my list. Each poll will have a "referrer" field, which is what I use to reward my helpers (and I have heard no complaints from my helpers).

So send me a message if you'd like to be "the guy" for your crew. Thanks!

Report Post Tip

The liaison is usually the Godfather for each district. Had anyone approached me with the survey I'd have most likely distributed it to my district, as it was one of my crew leaders showed me and asked if I'd heard anything about it. 

Report Post Tip

Desmand, I certainly didn't mean to exclude you. I originally wanted to target people who weren't in the upper structure, but once I switched to a google doc format I decided to get rid of any character restrictions.

I also enjoy meeting/paying people who refer their friends to the poll (and I did meet some cool people who really wanted to help). I wanted to incentivize it for both the circulator and the person answering the questions. I don't think any Godfathers are want for those incentives at this point. Once again, I don't mean to exclude, but my intention was to work with "the little guys", make some new friends, and give them something new/fun to be a part of.

It would be most efficient to do it through the Godfathers or their hands, but I find it a bit more fun to have more people involved.

Report Post Tip

I appreciate the way you went about this. Good work Denam

One thing I do find disturbing is there is an obvious indifference shown in the poll results, almost like most just don't care.

I hope to see more polls like this in the future but perhaps more complicated. There are lots of questions that could be asked of the community and I'm excited to see what you can cook up next. I also like the authentication portion of the form. Not only does it encourage the completion of the form, it helps ensure they're valid submissions. 

Desmand has a great point, you would have gotten a lot greater response volume if you had approached him and his fellow Godfathers. But maybe higher response volume would've altered the validity of the results, it would definitely open you up to a lot of potentially fraudulent answers particularly from people wanting money or to troll - going by referral would probably net more realistic results in my opinion, especially if your poll was meant to target a specific demographic, the little guys as you put it. 

ANYWAY. Good Job Denam, much respect.

Report Post Tip

That's fair enough Denam and I think networking is vital in this game. I didn't feel slighted by the exclusion, I just felt like if you were going for maximum exposure to the survey to garner the most responses, distribution via the Godfathers might have been the most efficient way.

That being said some might argue that with Godfathers mass mailing out the poll to their members they might feel obliged/threatened or whatever to put answers they might not have usually chosen. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: MR Poll #1 Results
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL