Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 08:34:44
Page:  1 
Fort Izzel: No Longer Under Construction! Started by: Mako on Aug 08, '14 19:42

Godfather Mako was standing before an amazing building, built strictly off hubcaps and caged monkeys, sitting on the corner block of the Loop in Chicago. Mako was letting the guests gather around the newly constructed fort in the city, with a forced smile upon his face.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I have something better than your local circus. I have brought you something that is better than your city scrapyard... Hell, it’s better than sex!”

“What is it?”

Mako shot a look at the confused crowd with a raised eyebrow. He walked over to the man who asked the question and let out a bit of a laugh.

“Why, do you not see it? The grandest building that Chicago has to offer you? My man, do you know who this building was built for? Do you even have the slightest fucking idea?”

The man looked at Mako with confusion, not sure what to really say as Mako walked back over to the building and ran his hand over the yellow tape he had put up.

“I would like to start this party off right, because it’s not only a day to celebrate, but a day to remember and appreciate as well. Today, The Loop has taken some hits for the better of what we value as our opinion, and that will never change. We are not robots... We are not mindless... We are not changing. We are individuals with the power of our mind and opinions, and that’s the best tool we have.

These things happen, and instead of letting it drive us backwards, we will be using it to help us prevail. It will take a lot more than that to bring down the morale of The Loop, or to take us down as a unit. Our love for each other will always outshine our own needs, just how it should be. Today we might take a step backwards, but I know the group I have, and that step backwards will be a leap into the right direction we hold for the future of ourselves.

Rest in peace, lronSight. You were amazing to me and this district, and I will never forget that. You’re one of the very reasons that The Loop has grown, learned, and built to this point. That can never be taken away from you.”

Mako paced in front of the fort, running his hand across the yellow tape at the entrance. He turned his head back to the crowd and gave a legit smile, knowing that he had a special fire in his crew. What doesn’t kill them all, only makes them stronger.

“We still don’t know what the hell this building is!”

The voice carried over the crowd as Mako turned his attention to the outspoken individual.

“You’re right.”

Mako pulls out a blade and cuts the yellow tape to the fort. He spread his arms and yelled towards the crowd of people.

“FORT IZZEL!!!”

A hubcap fell off the building behind him and landed at his feet before rolling itself into the crowd. Mako kicked another falling hubcap off to the side and pretended it never happened.

“We are bringing back a little bit of history, and it’s an honor to tell the community that Jono will be stepping up as a captain within The Loop. Jono has been a man to work with our lovely lronSight before The Loop was attacked by nerve gas. I have nothing but confidence in him to pick up where we left off, and I have full faith in him to do the right thing. I know that I can sleep comfortable at night with a leader like Jono helping to cover the hours on the watch guard. After watching his hard work, dedication, and loyalty with lronSight... Well, it’s an easy decision for me to make on who should be the man for the job.

Jono has came into this district and not let up, giving us 110% of what’s in him all the time. Those are the people I love to reward. He is more than capable of handling situations and makes me feel like my district is in good hands. That, along with his hard work and loyalty, has not been overlooked.

So it’s not only an honor, but a privilege to give Jono this opportunity. I’ve watched the lil’ scouser grow up in front of my very own eyes and appreciated everything he has done not only for me, but this great group that I have. Jono has earned this, with me, and with busting his ass to do whatever he can for the best of this district. It will be a new exciting adventure to work beside him and with him, and know that my district will have another captain that is ready to do whatever it takes to see this district succeed.

We are not robots... We are not mindless... We are not changing.

We are just ourselves. Nothing more. Nothing less.”

Mako gives Jono a bro-hug and shakes his hand in congrats as he pats him on the back, and leads him through the doors of his new headquarters.... which happened to be a shitty hubcapped fort. Who said that personal comfort didn’t have a price of its own?

Report Post Tip

Jono quickly eyes up the hubcap rolling in to the crowd and then one that Mako himself kicks off to one side. He dives at the crowd and smothers the hubcap before retrieving the one kicked off to the side. Pulling out some duct tape he sticks them back on to the Fort.

It was a lovely sight to behold. Well... in his own opinion anyway. Many of these have been built and many of them stolen. But this was his one. This was the one that he had now. The monkeys could have done a bit of a better job putting it up but hell... they were scarcely trained. 

After admiring it some more Jono turns to Mako and shakes his hand. 

God damn nerve gas eh? It's a good job I built up a resilience to foul smells and deadly toxic agents over my years of dipping the bins behind fast food joints. 

Report Post Tip

Draven looks over at Jono with a smile.

Jono this might not be the best of all circumstances but you have done a lot for The Loop and I am happy to stand beside you. You have shown a lot of us many things and I expect that to continue.

Draven nudges Jono a bit and then leans over to him.

I will steal your fort you know.. She whispered the words quiet enough for only him to hear and then went back to standing up straight.

Congrats Jono! I look forward to seeing everything you do.

She gave Mako a sly little wink as she lit up a smoke and turned to go back into her HQ.

Report Post Tip

After getting the nod from Mako, Pandaemonium embraces Jono with a hearty handshake.

Jono our bloodlines have crossed many times in the past and I can't think of anyone more deserving of this sort of opportunity than yourself. Even if the timing wasn't exactly how you planned, you are a man who always exceeds expectations.

Hearing Draven's sly comment Pandaemonium retorts,

Draven there is a long line to steal this fort, and I'm at the front. He winks

In all seriousness though, Jono congrats on setting up your fort, I'm excited for you and humbled you asked me to be by your side for this run.

Report Post Tip

Jacob was walking down the street and he see  Mako speaking to a crowd so he stoped to lisen to what he has to say 

After Mako has sayd what he was going to Jacob made his way up to Jono 

" I want to congratulate you with you starting your own crew " Jacob says as he shakes Jonos hand and give him a box of cigars 

" You realy deserve this oppertunety and I wish you the best on your journy, and looking forward to see it grow "

Jacob then goes back into the crowd to continue with his daily work 

Report Post Tip

After listening to Mako's speech, Curtis walks up to Jono and presents him with a large chrome hubcap that had been polished to a high shine. It had been a long time since his blood had walked these streets and this had brought a genuine smile to his face

"Jono. Congratulations on your fort! It has been a long time since a member of my family lived in this country and I feel very much a stranger here. Seeing your scouse, hubcap steeling self, here taking control of a fort and retaining all the hallmarks of your famous ancestors, is most reassuring.  I wish you all the best with the inevitable shenanigans that lay ahead. From me and my family in New York I'd like you to have our most sought after hubcap and know you will always have work and friends in NY whenever you find yourself in our neck of the woods. "

Taking out a hip flask he has a healthy swig and smiles at the familiar face.

"Good luck monkey man. Have fun."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Maria had spent much of the past day trying to get both her own affairs in order and in trying to assess the loss sustained by The Loop in Don lronsight. The loss had hit Maria hard. lronsight had not only been a friend to her, he had become a mentor. Only time would heal that loss, she knew that well. But it was time to move forward and the way to do that was to visit the HQ set up by Jono.

Walking over, she hands him a gift wrapped hubcap and smiles.

Jono, I don't need to tell you have devastating the last few days have been to us here in the Loop. I don't need to tell you how much we all will miss lronsight. But I do want to tell you that I think you'll fill the void fantastically. That I know that The Loop will soon be stronger than ever, despite the fact that we will always miss lronsight. Congratulations Jono, you're going to be fantastic.

With that said...

My ancestors Fort was better than yours!

Maria smirks and skips way.

Report Post Tip
I felt that I owe you this much Jono. I'm going to steal your fort, tear it down to pieces, then melt all of your hubcaps. It isn't personal lad, but we can't have a massive fort standing in the middle of Chicago!
Report Post Tip

Visas was perched atop a building hidden in the shadows she lifted the binoculars to her eyes and surveyed the fort her worst fears where revealed when she noticed many monkeys scampering over the structure attempting to keep the fort from falling apart.

Turning to TyrionLannister she smiled.

Tonight my imp we will strike we owe Ironsight that at least he tryed to warn us all that scouse Jono was left to his own devices that he would unleash a plague of monkeys into our fair cities.

Report Post Tip

Stood at the front of the crowd, PaulHeyman took a few moments out of his day to listen to Mako's speech. He stepped forward to say a few words himself.

This has been a turbulent few days in The Loop; the tragic loss of IronSight to an act of the Gods has left a huge gap in our district. He was a huge figure in The Loop and he will surely be missed by all of us. However, Jono, I am absolutely confident that you can fill that gap and fill it well. I'm sure you'll pick up exactly where he left off in ensuring our great district continues to prosper and grow stronger by the day. Congratulations; I'm sure IronSight would be smiling now if he could see this moment.

Spotting a Post Office that had yet to be robbed, PaulHeyman shakes Jono's hand and walks off.

Report Post Tip
Congrats Jono. I know I'm late on visiting. I wanted to stop by and give you a gift of this fine bottle of champagne. I want to salute you on your new role and might I say that bold suit fits you well. Once congrats. I'm sure Ironsight would be proud.
Report Post Tip

FourLoko was strolling down the street thinking about this Fort of Hubcaps. Or Fort of Izzel. She honestly didn’t know what Jono called his fort, but she was happy to see it back in business. She had heard the stories over the years of how it was stolen and taken back only to be stole once again. Any fort was a good fort, specially if was a castle. Four hoped Fort Izzel was a castle. 

She was out on the town to find a gift for this event. Though, what did one get for a guy who had all the hubcaps? Four decided on a fine bottle of whiskey, hoping he was into that thing. She found a messenger boy that would take the gift and note to Don Jono.

Congratulations on your forts! I’d say something about stealing them, but I honestly have no clue what that is about and I don’t really want to touch any of your hubcaps. I hope the drink is of choice. Again, congratulations!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fort Izzel: No Longer Under Construction!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL