Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 11:02:01
Page:  1 
Memoirs Started by: -Draven- on Aug 09, '14 01:18

Draven sat at her desk sipping a rather large glass of wine and smiled as she looked over a few memoirs from her family. They all had been so much more then she had ever hoped or dreamed for and they had all turned into a true family. A small knock on the door startled her a bit as she quickly sat up straight.

"Yes?" She saw Manu come in with a glass of whiskey in his hand and he sat down.

"Long day?" Manu plopped down in the chair in front of her and grabbed a few papers off the desk. Without even waiting for her to respond he looked oddly up at her. "Looking over that old thing?" He shook his head and gave a small snicker as he then sipped his glass of whiskey.

Drawing in a large swig of wine she let out a sigh and turned to him. "You know Manu.. You weren't there that night!" She snatched the papers out of his hand and rolled her eyes at him.

"No your right. I wasn't but I've read those memoirs of that night and still can't believe you all made it out just fine. Although I wish I knew the ending of how he finally escaped but.. at least I know he did. Always causing an issue huh?" He took a final swig of his drink then stood up. "Don't stay up to late reading over that..

"Ya ya.. Good night Manu." Draven had already picked up the papers and with a smirk began to read them...

“It's cool outside for this time of year you know?” Draven shuddered a bit against the night air as it bit through her light jacket and unexpectedly pierced her skin. “Remind me again why I wanted to do this?”

A small bellow of smoke slipped from behind Frank's lips as his voice filled the night streets. He remained silence. Bidding his time before committing to a response. “What were the pros and cons?” He thought to himself. On the surface, the look on his face didn't show the same level of amusement as it had earlier when she first purposed her idea.

“Aww.. Frank..” She gave a small smile as she noticed a light finally click off on the second floor of the structure they had peered at for the last hour. “Hey..” She nudged him. “Look there.” She gave a small wink as she quickly turned her back to the building and headed towards her own HQ down the street.

“Miss Draven, you know if this gets back to us, he will not be happy. Back in Gaffney, we used to say…” Frank trudged behind her as he flicked his cigarette onto the ground causing a small burst of color across the street. “Never slap a man while he’s chewing tobacco.”

Draven turned and scowled. “It's a grand fucking idea, and with just a bit of help we can do this. Besides, there's how many of us? And only eleven of them? We can us the ant tactic if we need. Don't want to but you know the repercussions won't be too terrible.” She waited for him to catch up and then slipped her hand in his jacket pocket and slid out his smokes and matches.

“Could have asked.” He shook his head as they continued for a few more blocks. The only good thing he came up with is that their home wasn't but a few blocks from where they were going, and if he needed to he could out run all of them. He looked down at Draven's feet and shook his head then thought to himself especially in those heels.

The pair finally reached Café’ Fortuna, she gave a small grin as she noticed at all the lights still on. “You know there's always someone up!” She quickly ran up the fire escape catwalk and threw open the door.

“Damnit Draven!” Tension had jumped out of his chair and had a gun pointed directly at her. “Damn.. Fuck..” He shook his head as he lowered her gun. The smile still hadn't left her face. “Hell of a way to get shot. Sometimes you don't think. Throwing open a door, barging in..” He still mumbled curse words under his breath as he set his gun back on the table and then plopped back down in chair.

“Aww. Always on the look out!" She walked up behind him and lightly messed up his hair. We have a job by the way, and we need anyone that's willing to help.” He could tell by the look on her face that it wasn't going to be something he would like, but he did always like to think of money. How much can we get out of it? His face perked up at just the thought of his pockets being filled.

She subtly bit her lip a bit and hesitated to respond.

“Draven is this one of your have cocked get us no money ideas? Remember the last one? What was it you wanted.. Oh yeah a fucking painting, and then you got mad at it and burned it. All that work for nothing, and don't tell me whatever it is at Mako's. Him and lronsight alone will hang us all.” He shook his head knowing the answer already.

“It's not a thing damn it!” Draven shrunk back a bit as she knew the storm about to come out of his mouth.

“Not a thing?” He looked at Frank. “What the fuck is she doing Frank, and what are you not stopping her from?”

Draven pulled up her glass of wine as she found her fingers to the next page.

Frank offered Tension a shifty smirk as he sat on the chair opposite him. He produced a smoke his pocket.

“Mr. Tension, we all have our vices and questionable. My good friend Surgeon General Mr. Hugh S Cumming for instance would advise against this here stick of tobacco.”

He lite his cigarette and took a drag before continuing. The vapors vanish in the high ceilings of the loft office.

“What I don’t make the habit of is squandering opportunity and neither does our friend. Miss Draven, who is one of the most forward thinking businesswomen; I’ve had the pleasure of working with.”

Frank stood up and produced a folded up newspaper from under his coat, it was annotated with notes and attached photographs and tossed it on the coffee table. It was the Delaware Gazette and an article entitled: Gangland violence jeopardizes foundry venture is circled in red ink.

“It’s in our interest to make this problem go away, so let’s be good ‘citizens’ take advantage of this opportunity. Kill two bones with one stone as they say.” Frank tapped his fist on the table. “You’ll be in touch.”

Tension.. that was a name Draven hadn't heard in a while and she could still hear him bitch to her from time to time about her antics. She found herself laugh a bit as she continued to read.

She jumps out of her truck and hears the men talking, she quietly opens the door and the smoke bellows around her.

"Dammit, you boys trying to kill a Lady?" as she takes a long drag off of her smoke. She smiles and walks to the table. Her long auburn locks swaying as she finds a chair. She reaches down to make sure her boots are tied tight, she adjusts her leather pants and unzips her leather jacket.

She greets Ms. Draven, "Good evening Ma'am, I am here as requested."

"I hear there is some work to be done. I have my trusty side kick with me in the truck, he is very quiet and will scare the shit out of anyone who approaches." She whistles and hears Maverick bounding up the stairs. He looks around the room, then lays at her feet. "Mr. Frank, Ms. Draven, and Mr. Tension, this is Maverick. He is my pitt bull who goes every where I do. Now, what are the plans and what do you need us to do?"

She sits on the edge of her seat. She is ready to prove that she is a great asset to this family and knowing how she and Mav work together...this will definitely be fun!

Badasss walks past the room the others were gathered in minding his own business eating a big bag of chips, he had the munches and just wiped the kitchen clean of its months worth of stock. Not a second passing the doorway a hand grabbed him and yanked him forcefully inside.

"Just the man for the job!"

Badasss sighed heavily and stared at the group.

"Awwwwwww do I have to? I got to catch up on my radio shows! This week Ricardo finds out that Jenna is actually an evil twin who is outtt.... never mind"

He began to notice the weird faces being made at him.

"So what yall got in mind?"

Tension snickered at Badasss and turned around, Badasss stuck his foot out tripping Tension who landed beside Maverick who in turn drooled all over him excitedly.

Draven laughed and had a weird wicked smile on her face and ignored the question for an explanation. He noticed Frank_Underwood still going over the newspaper on the table with a few things circled out. He glanced at Badasss then glanced at Draven. Badasss shrugged his shoulder and smirked.

"It doesn't matter, Jobs a job!"

Badasss tucked the bag of chips in his jacket pocket and retrieved a crinkled up cigarette...patting himself down he motioned to bum a light from Frank.

"Appreciated man."

Frank_Underwood grabbed the info on the table and the group made their way to the door.

Frank trailed behind the group as they descended the fire escape. As they congregated in the alleyway, Frank gave Badasss and the others some instructions.

“Badassss, I suspect you are familiar with the concept of false flag.” Before Badasss could interject, Frank continued. “Tonight your name is ‘Robert Paulson.’”

Frank retrieved a matchbook and a set of keys from his pocket and handed it to Badasss.

“Take our friends to this address. You’ll find a golden Chrysler Airflow with Delaware plates and tags parked out front. Trunk will have some gear and disguises. You’ll find directions to a second address in the visor. Wait for our call at the nearby payphone.”

Frank turned to Draven and offered a warm smile.

Draven slowly turned the page as she finished her glass of wine and then turned down the corner of the page. Thinking to herself how great those around her are and have been she set the empty glass down and stood up. Glancing back at the pages she gave a slight smile to herself.

Report Post Tip
You know....If I wasn't an infant, and I could talk...and if I could understand one word of this I might declare that I couldn't wait to hear more. But since I can't do any of those things....I'll say "goo ahha gah", which may mean the same thing.
Report Post Tip

You can not leave me hanging Draven, more please!!

Report Post Tip

Draven looked up and noticed the sun coming in through her room and then heard her door being thrown open. Startled she sat up quickly. Tish stood their staring her in the face.

"How dare you just leave me without hearing everything. I've been apart of this all along and never got to hear about all this. TELL ME MORE!" She shook her fist angerly and Draven couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"ok ok Tish make me some coffee I'll tell you some more." Draven got up, messy hair and all, and walked down the hallway to her office. Tish had already met her back with a cup of semi warm coffee.

"I see you have been waiting on me to get up?" Draven held the cup in her hand and watched as Tish just pointed eagerly to the pages still left on her desk from a few nights before.

Draven watched intently as she saw BadAss, LadyA and a few others leave. The doors seemed to almost slam behind them, and as she saw them get further away she drew in a large breath and hoped for a moment this didn't go sour. She knew things could get ugly sometimes, but always tried to be optimistic.

"Tension?" Her voice trailed off a bit, as she reached down and grabbed a pair of long black gloves and slid them over her hands. Bending over she picked up the glass that had been sitting next to the gloves and put them on. Giving her hair a shake and running her hands wildly through it, she began to hope that she she looked close enough to Marla Sanger.

"This work?" She looked over at Tension and realized he had gone back to his newspaper from earlier in the day. Grumbling a bit she kicked his chair.

"Marla.. ya ya. I'm staying here and holding down the fort." He glanced up over the paper and gave a quick wink. "And also to bail you asses out if you get caught." He licked his finger and then slid it along the edge of the paper quickly flipping to another page.

A small huff passed by her lips as she snatched up a pack of smokes and matches from the table. "Frank?" She carefully struck the match and then lit it.

"Draven.. Whatever you do don't take off your glasses. Your eyes are a dead give away that it's you. Also here.." Frank reached behind a chair and slid out a slightly over sized black womens hat and handed it to her. "This should complete the look quiet nicely. Remember don't say a word.. They all know you better then any of the rest of us."

Keeping her smoke in her mouth she slid the hat over her hair and then tipped it slightly to the side. Having the smoke hanging out of her mouth and the hat on she actually was starting to even feel like Marla.

"We got this!" She turned sharply to the door and walked out the doors confident this would go without a hitch. The cool air didn't seem to bother her as much as earlier because she was filled with too much excitment. Spying their car out front she smiled seeing the Delaware plates.

"You do think of everything don't you Frank?" She stepped over to the passenger seat and then quickly opened the door. The creak of the door slightly startled her and she realized how old the car really was.

"Nothing even a bit nicer?" She lit another smoke, after realizing her's had gone out.

"Delaware is not rich like we are here in Chicago. I had to be a bit realistic didn't I?" Frank started up the care, turned on the lights, and slowly left the parking spot from in front of the cafe.

Already her smile grew bigger as the images of that night began to pour into her brain even more with everyword she read. Quickly taking a sip she continued.

Badasss'es boots slamed hard on the dark alleyways cement as he leaped off the fire escape. The night air nipped at him, popping his collar he lit up another of his crinkled cigarettes, he laughed because he had swiped Franks lighter...burrow my ass! LadyA, and a few little scragglers trailed behind him.

LadyA looked about and stared at Badasss

"So what now?"

Badasss slipped the matchbook in his pocket and twirled the keys on his finger.

"Well you heard the man, Im Robert Paulson... lets go."

Badass hopped in his truck along with the extras and drove to the address given by Frank...Dammit missing my broadcast he thought to himself... fuck it.

A couple minutes went by and they arrived at the location promptly pulling into the parking lot, he parked his truck facing the road but out of sight.

Getting out they headed to the Chrysler Airflow, he ran his hand over the hood and let out a whistle

"I wonder if i get to keep it after the job!" he chuckled obviously knowing the answer "Would help to pay off a few sour bets between me and Tension!"

LadyA popped the trunk and started handing out disguises...."Eh' I think this most be for you Mr. Paulson"

she tossed Badasss a overly large maroon shirt and large black pants...along with a fat suit... and a note stapled to the shirt

Enjoy the bitch tits

~Frank~

"Ahhh, you son of a bitch! Im gonna kill you frank!!!"

Badasss shook his head and geared up with everyone else and got everything in order... over looking his members he was satisfied.

"Alright load up guys!"

Badasss pulled out of the parking lot and headed the the direction left in the car it was a good mile away or so, as he got closer to the payphone, he cut the light but left it running and parked a block away.

Briskly walking to the payphone he flicked the remaining bit of the cigarette against the brick wall, it burst into a shower of embers. leaning up against the payphone he waited for the call.

Draven couldn't help but pause a bit as she looked up at Tish who had sat at the end of her desk, and she did for a few moments grin to herself. She knew she wouldn't be able to get through all of the memoir before she needed to go but she figured she'd do a last part.

Frank and Draven drove off short distance pass the building they were reconnoitering earlier in the evening. As they drove past the building Frank commented: "Lights are still on."

They pulled over to a nearby pay-phone and Frank stepped out with Draven. He pulled out a pocket notebook and flipped to through it until he reached a page with several phone numbers written down.

He dialed on the rotary phone. It rang once and BADASSS's familiar voice emitted through the receiver.

"Hey Paul, we'll meet you in 5 minutes at the office building off the industrial park on West Adams. Be advised, we're not leaving any bodies and just sending a message." Frank pressed the switch hook and dropped the phone.

They both jumped back in the car and parked on the perimeter of the industrial park, close enough for subterfuge and far enough not to attract attention. Frank and Draven and both quietly approached the office building, using the shadows for cover. Frank jiggled the handle on one of the exterior doors. It was locked. He retrieved a bobby pin from his pocket and went to town on the tumblers. The lock finally offered a satisfying click, and the door eased open.

A chill climbed up Frank's back as he heard faint foot steps from behind them. It was the others.

A slight sadness did happen to fall over Draven shoulders as she thought of her old friend Badasss that had worked so hard with her that night. The memoirs suddenly made her remember him even more. A slightly funny one he was.

Leaning up against the wall the call came in startling him, he snatched the payphone up fumbling it in his hands for a second he listened for someone on the other end to speak. Looking both ways to make sure noone could hear his conversation he closed the door to the booth.

"Paulson speaking..."

he waited briefly for a response when the familiar voice of Frank replied

"Hey Paul, we'll meet you in 5 minutes at the office building off the industrial park on West Adams. Be advised, we're not leaving any bodies and just sending a message."

Frank pressed the switch hook and dropped the phone.

Just before he could get a smartass comment in about these

"Bitch Tits"

the call was ended... He exited the booth and looked both ways to make sure everything was good, popping his collar snug around his neck for warmth... the Chicago air was being a bitch tonight; He made his way back around the block. Walking to the car he could see LadyA standing beside the Airflow awaiting him.

Alright lets get going!, The bothed got in and he shifted the stick and headed to the location, a office building off the industrial park on West Adams. He lived not to far from the place so it was pretty easy to find the location.

Pulling nearby the office building he parked the car close enough and facing the street incase a quick getaway was in need. Overlooking everyone and pleased he motioned them to follow. They approached the building and came up to the gate that was already open, a small distance from the gate to the building. He knocked on the door and a familiar man peered out the door. It was IronSight....

"Ahhh glad yall made it! Come in come in!" he retorted

Entering the building Badasss quickly analyzed the surroundings noting a few doors and windows, a skylight, the lights with its high ceiling, and crates stacked up everywhere. In the middle a large round table scattered with chairs around it.

Quickly noticing he saw Godfather Mako and his other hand Cassi along with a few other faces he's seen around.

"Welcome Mr. Paulson im pleased to see you make it here!"

Mako got up and shook his hand and offered him a cigar, Taking the cigar he lit it and let out a bellow of smoke.

BadAsss was confidant in his disguise he was not in Makos family for long before he took the Reigns from the Former Godfather of Chicago.

"So what do you have for me Mr. Paulson that you called such a meeting tonight? We haven't exactly been on good terms."

BadAss watched Mako's eyes coldly look him over and waited for a response.

"Well you see Mr. Mako with the abject of TylerDurden growing in numbers daily, We've had countless blood loss over the years, I come to you with a proposition... A mutual understanding if you will. I will supply you every week with 150/150 Units of Heroin/Cocaine...In exchange for The Industrial Park side of The Loop, The Durdens will be under strict watch and anyone causing beef will be executed."

Now already fully understanding the reaction of Mako at such a plan would set him off. Mako would rather step down from godfather then ever having a Durden have any type of power within Chicago especially The Loop!

BadAss could only hope it wouldn't end with a bullet.

Mako stood up, and flipped the table over screaming

"WHERE DO YOU GET THE BALLS TO WASTE MY TIME WITH THIS BULL SHIT! IF YOU THINK I WOULD EVER LET A "DURDDDDEN" almost spitting at the word "OWN ANY RIGHT TO THE LOOP! I HAD BETTER BE IN A WOODEN BOX!!!"

Mako's gaze was furious, he continued screaming but his words were incoherent at this point, badass noticed Cassi and IronSight watching Mako and glancing back and forth to the durdens.

Draven stepped from behind LadyA cautiously as her mind started to swim with the thoughts of this joke going horribly wrong. She had always done a bit here and there to stir up the pot but this might have been going to far. Her own eyes watched those of Mako's and she wondered if he knew it was them and just playing along to see how far they would push him, or if he truly didn't know.

She watched fruther intently as the room grew eerily silent.

"Now Mako.." Frank's voice seemed like the ice as he looked down at the flipped over table. He kicked a half lit cigar across the floor and then stood up from his seat. A loud crunch came from under his foot as shards of glass lay across the floor, and he drew in a long breath. "Lets me a bit more reasonable then this?" He pointed to the mess everywhere. "This deal would make you a ton of money, and we then would be helping you."

"Fuck off you piss shit!" Mako's voice boomed as he turned slightly to Ironsight. "You scum have been shooting at my men, stealing my money, and taking or ATTEMPTING to take things that we here in this world have owned. You simply think you can waltz in here with a deal like this, and you TYLER couldn't even present it to me your self. Peon!" Mako inched slightly closer to Frank and Draven realized he had no clue, but at this point his rage had gone past the point where she could fold out.

Draven stood there almost helpless as she watched Ironsight suddenly start to approach her.

"Marla correct? The ruthless bitch Marla Sanger." There was something off in his words that caught her off gaurd. She knew not to speak a word or her voice would ring out who they actually were. "Cat have your tongue?" He looked to Mako as he walked closer, and closer. She stood there silent unfolding. What seemed like minutes went by and he finally reached her. A slight gasp escaped her lips as she realized that he had his hand on his gun.

"Ironsight? Am I correct?" Badasss had interjected him from his intentions and caused him to turn suddenly towards him. "Your reputatoin precedes you, and your a bit taller then I had thought you would be." He failed sadly at his attempt to lighten the situtation.

"Scum." The word flowed off his tongue as his eyes went over Badass. "Seems one of you might be slightly smart as she at least keeps her mouth shut." Suddenly he drew his gun and pointed it directly at Draven.

"Fuck." The words came from her mouth before she could stop them, and she noticed a slight twitch of Ironsight's face as if he was wondering something. Her eyes darted to Mako really quickly as he too had the same look yet his eyes peered hard at her.

Frank couldn't help but raise his own gun quickly and point it at Ironsight. "Back off.. None of us wanted this, and this should be just a peaceful ordeal a way for both of us to profit off each other. I see that can't happen now. We shall just.." Before he could finish his sentence he noticed Mako's gun drawn and pointed directly at him, and realized it had gone from bad to worse. His hand shook slightly as nothing good could come of what was unfolding. "GodFather.."

A sudden shot rang out, and Draven gasped as she stared at the muzzle of the gun in front of her.

Sorry Tish.. Draven closed the pages once more and then looked up at Tish.  Perhaps tomorrow I can finish the rest for you.

NOOOOO! Tish pouted a bit and then sighed. Fine but I'm counting on tomorrow!

Draven smiled as she got up and slid the papers in the top drawer before going off to take care of all her daily business.

Report Post Tip

Draven! When you said you'd be coming to the streets with your memoirs I didn't even once think that they would be this detailed and.... exciting! 

Keep it going! 

Report Post Tip

Having lurked for a little while to listen to Draven speak, Maria had suddenly turned away and disappeared into the crowds on the streets. She returned around half an hour later, with a brown paper bag with "DRAVEN FUEL" written across the front in black marker. 

The bag was packed with a bottle of wine, tons of chocolate and other goodies to help keep Draven going as she read her memoirs out. Heading over to Draven, Maria handed over the bag.

Please don't stop Draven, your memoirs are fantastic! I can't wait to hear more!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Memoirs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL