Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 01:28:01
Page:  1 
Sophia Divine Started by: Jay on Aug 10, '14 20:10

Once again, you find yourself at the rotting doors of the abandoned warehouse, another note in your pocket. You push your way through them with a smirk. "What tale will the old man have for me today", you think to yourself as you stroll down the hallway. As you reach your destination, you see that the old man is not in his chair. You tilt your head in curiosity, "Where could he be?". You walk over to his chair to investigate, but only find the book that he's been reading from this whole time. You glare down at it, tempted to uncover the secrets yourself but as you reach your hand out, a familiar voice calls out to you from across the room.

"Planning to start this party without me? Oh, i'm crushed!"

You turn your head to see the pleasant smile of the old man who is standing in the doorway. He begins to walk toward his chair, and you take a seat in the chair across from him.

"I apologize for my tardiness. I had some... things to take care of."

He sighs as he takes his seat, slowly taking out a cigarette, placing it on his lips, and lighting it.

"Unfortunately, these ol' bones of mine ain't good for much besides reading stories and cleaning up the place. Then again, that is why you've returned, is it not? The stories of course, I doubt you're here to help an old man clean."

He chuckles to himself and you offer him an impatient smile. You seem to get a little annoyed by his stalling and wish you would have just read the book when you had the chance.

"Alright, now that i've got my cigarette, we can begin. So, I know you know that Jay's mother committed suicide when he was 14, but do you really know why? Yes, i'm sure the torture she was enduring everyday was enough to break the average woman, but this woman in particular was tough! She gave birth to Jay the Insane after all, right? So what sick, twisted thing did the Legion do to her that would cause her to take her own life?"

A smile comes across your face as the man slowly cracks open the book.

"The inspiration of suicide originates about a year prior to her death. Most of the men in the family partook in the use of Jay's mother. Johnny Ace and The Don were the only two that never did. One fateful evening, however, Johnny found it inside himself to have a tad glimmer of mercy. He brought down extra food for his mother and gave her some fresh clothes to wear, as her usual attire was ripping and dirty. But, being the woman she was, she denied him the pleasure of doing a good deed and denied him as her son. 'As far as I can see, I only have one child in this world now, you are the child of the devil!'. This enraged Johnny to the point where he shoved her to the ground and took advantage of the very woman that brought him into this world."

The old man pauses, looking away from the book as though it were painful. A tad bit of concern comes over you, but quickly vanishes as he continues.

"To make matters worse, Johnny decided to add insult to injury and impregnate his mother. She wanted to kill it, but because Johnny told the Don that it was his, he did not allow her to. And so, for 9 months she was tortured and abused whilst slowly developing Johnny's child. While she was pregnant, Jay was not allowed to see or hear from her. They did not want him to know what his brother had done. Nine months down the road, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, whom she named Sophia. But, that was the last she would do for the child as the Don took her in as his own daughter, banning her from ever seeing her daughter again. Johnny just stood there and smiled as he promised her that soon, every child she has will abandon her and follow in his footsteps, and that she would be nothing more than a whore. Unable to bear the thought of losing all of her children, she managed to escape the mansion, and leap over the ledge of the waterfall in the background. When Johnny heard of this, he demanded he wanted to see the dead body, but the Don ordered that no one venture down there, as the lake was known for whirlpools. So, then there was now the issue of what to do with the daughter. Jay didn't know she existed and Johnny didn't want her. But when Jay slaughtered the legion and escaped, Johnny was the only one left to take care of her."

You sit back in your chair, somewhat stunned by this information. You already knew that Johnny Ace was a bad person, but to do this was unbelievable! The old man offers a small, sincere smile.

"Don't worry, the story doesn't end like that. When Jay became a vigilante of sorts in New Jersey, Johnny told him of his sister/niece, as a way of getting under his skin. Instead of losing his temper, he smiled and wished her a happy 8th birthday, giving her a dozen roses as her gift. He also told her, in private, that if she ever needed him, she could find him and he would take care of her. After Jay slaughtered Johnny's friends and Ace, Johnny took it out on Sophia. When Jay was banished and went to NY, Sophia followed and found him. In fact, she was hiding in the closet when Johnny and Jay had their legendary shootout on the rooftop! Since Johnny is believed to be dead, and there is no one else alive that can prove otherwise, Jay claims Sophia as his daughter and gave her the nickname 'Sophia Divine'. Some say that Sophia is a weakness for Jay, as she reminds him of his mother, but don't ever follow those ridiculous rumors. At 9 years old, Sophia has already claimed a man's life and one day hopes to become a police officer. Sophia Divine is anything but a liability!"

The man closes the book with a sigh and a smile. You can't help but smile at the conclusion of the story. The man then rises to his feet, spreading his arms out in a stretch.

"Well, my dearest friend, I would love to partake in further conversations with you, but i must attend to other duties. I'm confident you can find your own way out, good day!"

He gives you a final smile, removing his cigarette to do so, then places it back on his lips and strolls out the door. As he vacates the room, your eyes fix on the book he's been reading from this whole time. Your eyes venture from the book to the door to the book to the door as you make your way around to his seat. Your heart races with excitement as you slowly open the book, but what you find causes your heart to sink:

"Best Regards, Jay the Insane"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sophia Divine
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL