Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 22:19:58
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Shot report Started by: Midnight on Aug 13, '14 12:42

You can't compare the guns of today with the old guns.  A 300 kill gun used to be a cannon, now it's a pea shooter.  It's all relative to the era of the game.  The three guns mentioned above were probably not better than -ratSkcor's gun, on a relative basis. Several other guns through history could hit 99% on any other player in the game.

Report Post Tip

Phil_Failure_Steak may well have passed JessieJames but JJ built his gun without being spoon fed shit tons of Durdens Rogue and with Wack Back Death being in Play for the duration of his playing life.

TBH its not really hard anymore to build a gun to compare from times past is really doing those guns from that era justice as much as i hated the idiot even Marston built a cannon when it was harder to build a gun.

Deadlysin had a huge cannon built from the wb death days into the modern era and DS done it in a city where he would have been happy just to wake up alive every morning.

From memory he was only a protected boss CL when he entered the wild west show.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Think he was only a made man visas, but other than that spot on.
Report Post Tip

Phil_Steak spent the majority of his playing character with wb death turned on.

He had 1593 bodyguard kills - solely to protect himself from wb death. He wasn't even that much younger than DeadlySin... Also, he survived multiple wars as the main hitter. If you really think PS didn't have to work to build his gun, ask DeadlySin himself. PS built up at around the same time as DS, and reached cap hitter before him. Just cause you're salty doesn't mean anything.

Saying 'it's not hard anymore' is a cop out, and it's bullshit. Stop trying to discount the hard work of others, and stop speaking from ignorance. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Its not a case of discounting, or being ignorant, of course these are comparable to specific era's within the game, you'd be the ignorant one not to think that. Lets put it like this, had phil steak been around, or built with wb  death turned off and spoon fed user bought durdens would he have had a bigger, or the biggest gun ever, possibly. Would he have had much less bg kills and double the actual kills, probably. So its easy to find the comparable(s) and point them out.

But in saying that, it does take hard work to build, I think these days its not a case of, if you can get to an iwp killer or a cap killer, its more, How fast you can get there now. Lets get it correct, it takes hundreds of hours of work put into an account to keep up with the elitist hitters, so it does take work, but I think what's been said is sometimes its hard to compare guns when there are much more things to kill.

Anyone who puts the hours in can become a big hitter, but that's not to say its easy to get there.

Report Post Tip
"My Dad's harder than your Dad..."

Seriously, who cares who has/had the biggest gun ever. Maybe some of the young whipper snappers around here see it as the be all and end all, but it doesn't blow my skirt up.

At the end of the day, it's like anything in life, you put the hours in and get a stroke of luck along the way, you'll get your rewards eventually. Once you're over cap killer, in all honesty, what's the point of training anymore?
Report Post Tip

Once you're over cap killer, in all honesty, what's the point of training anymore?

I mostly agree with that sentiment. However, the Cap has been raised on occassion so it is prudent to continue to train your weapon even if you believe it's already stronger than you'll need it to be.

But you could of course be training it needlessly after cap.

Report Post Tip

Actually there was a point while PS and myself were still in power where it was said in an announcement forum somewhere that the bodyguard cap would never rise again - I personally stopped training my gun on that account once I could kill anything with no issues, because what's the point past that? I didn't and still don't care who had the biggest gun (I know some people do though, that's their thing and I'm happy to leave them to it) - I only ever see guns as protective measures, whether that be to kill potential threats or defend yourself if attacked.

I personally felt my time was better spent elsewhere once I didn't need to increase my gun anymore, because you're only increasing it past that point for bragging rights, and you use up your timer which could be left open in case of an attack etc. There's nothing worse than using your shot timer only to have your district/crew attacked just after.

Report Post Tip

I think PoisonousJelly had the biggest gun during that era.

Jono can't contain his sniggering and nods

Report Post Tip
What about Cpt Harris?
Report Post Tip

Yeah, I think Cpt-Harris had a extremely strong gun, too, back at his time if I remember correctly.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Shot report
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL