Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 01:45:22
Page:  1 
Queens. Oh Queens. Started by: Denam on Aug 14, '14 21:01

Denam sees an innocent passerby walking on the sidewalk, and stops him.

Hey kid! You ever heard about Queens?

The kid Denam gets out a map of New York, with outlines around each of its burroughs.

Right here. 

He points to the intersection at which his HQ sits. He then looks all over the map, noting each HQ with a small black circle around them. He folds his map back up, and turns to the kid.

A big place, New York is. Five districts, five Godfathers, fifteen crews, and hundreds of criminals flooding its streets. It's enormous. It's beautiful.

The kid grows more nervous as Denam leans in close.

You wanna know the best part, though? Fuckin' Queens. We're home to some of the greatest badasses of our time. JohnnyNoname? Ever heard of him? Badass. Siobhan? Ever heard of her? Badass. Frank "The Tank" Fontaine? Badass. PaulyD? Eh, nevermind. You've probably never heard of him (still a badass; don't shoot me).

Still, we've got HQs filling up to their brim, home to some of the hardest-working criminals I've ever met.  We've got a little bit of everything you can imagine. We've got the loudest asshole in all of New York (and perhaps the country), Revan. Joey_Yonkers? That kid picks my pockets faster than I can fill them. We have a GnomeSmasher. Whatever that's worth. And we've got perhaps the prize jewel of Queens, AssChicken. I don't think that needs any explanation.

The kid sprints away as fast as he can as Denam leans back against a lamppost, his chest swelling with pride.

I suppose you could say Queens is the best district in America. It's undeniable, frankly. What you got to say about that?

He looks around at a lot of unconvinced faces.

Oh yeah? Well what makes your districts so fuckin' great?

Report Post Tip

Mumbles...

Cunt didn't mention me.

Walks up

Bad Denam Chicken. Bad! I should've been paired with Revan. 

Report Post Tip

Mako smiles towards Denam and took off his hat in presence of the man. After Mako rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, to show off his tattoos, he puts his foot up on the curb of the sidewalk.

"I don't even have to lie, The Loop and Queens are tight as fuck. I remember when I rogued from the Goku Nest, JohnnyNoname was the man to make sure that I was funded and secured into my place within The Loop. Something I will never forget that he has done for me, that should go without saying. Along with the amazing move that I seen Johnny pull out one time.... just ask him about the story of what I like to call, 'The Swoop and Boop'.

Queens has a lot of amazing pieces and uniqueness that I actually compare to some extent of The Loop. But what exactly makes The Loop so special, at least in my opinion?

The people. Simple as that.

We all each have something we're good at, and things we're not. We pick up the weight of each other and strive out to do whatever it is that we love. We love to be the 'center' of attention sometimes, all the puns intended. Which, is unique in it's own way, considering the way my heritage has always ran their own family. They are always a tight and close group, but they lurked in the shadows for the most part. This group I have in The Loop? Well it's vastly different from some of my father's families. We hit the streets, share our opinions, and don't look back as we speak our voice. We aren't scared of debates, conflicts, or even having different opinions within our own district.

That's just how we are.

My members have full permission to look at me and call me a dumbass if they think I'm making the wrong decisions, which I gladly accept what they have to say and listen. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something new from a different perspective? I would never make my district feel like a bunch of idiots for just sharing their thoughts with me, even if I majorly disagree with them. My district has their voices, they use them, and we use it to our power.

Plus, I have two crewleaders who are unique in their own way with Draven and Jono. They both have what their strong at and I encourage them to just do what they love. I don't micromanage either of them, and let them pave the path to their own decisions and choices. If I ever were to get out of hand in their eyes, I've informed them to remove me and to do it with honor. Last thing I would ever want to do is bring down a negative image on those I care about, and if I'm the cancer, then they would know what they have to do. Will it ever get to that? I don't think so, but that's what makes them special is that they are both so damn unique. I have no worries when I lay my head down to rest at night, fully knowing that Jono and Draven are able to handle whatever might be thrown their way. Jono loves using his voice in public, and Draven loves tending those in her family for practically the whole time she is with them. They each have their own ways of running their families, and I respect their wishes, as well put a twist on how I do things so that it helps fit what they like to do on their own terms with their own crews. Both are two loyal shits though! I know if I were going to dive head first into a war like the one the other day, they would fucking follow me with pride and their heads held high. I don't know if people really know how much that I appreciate that, but they fight for me in the same manner I fight for them.

Maria, my outspoken little devil's advocate. Did you know she was actually a bit intimidated to approach me about joining my family? Maria! I know, right? Who would've ever thought some shit like that? But seeing the motivation that inspires her and the way she takes my advice, how the hell could I have any complaints? Maria has been a gem under me, and I will stand by that until she proves me wrong, and she knows that. She is strong willed and dedicated to her beliefs, something that I respect myself when I see it in her.

BigBlack, this guy is a total noobie! Well, okay, maybe not sooooo noobie, but he has been something truly special for me to watch grow in my district. The man is thirsty to learn and he should be acknowledged. Quick learner, certainly somewhat new to this world, and me his bloodline have been long time friends from a world so much farther from this one. It makes me excited to watch the little flower bloom.

Then we have Zack_Morris. I took this man in and literally have smothered him with my wings, per say. What can I say? I'm protective over my own and I'll go into Papa Bear Mode if it's needed. Everyone has always known how much that I actually care for those under me, and Zack was no different. I've been approached by tons of people that want to buy Zack from my family. And I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen! Zack is one of my cubs, and you don't touch a bear's cub.

Ajani and Manu. They literally don't care what needs to be done, but they'll fully support it. Multiple times I've approached Ajani about just helping me with being an upper structure in the district. The man hasn't done anything but strive out to help me, and Manu is exactly the same way. Whatever I need, no questions asked. Probably two of the people in my district that will drop whatever they're doing and ask me 'do you need help?' You could even easily classify Pandaemonium with these guys as well.

ChrisPalko and Bunny are both my loyaltist as well. I would trust them with just about any secret I had, and I know they it wouldn't let between me and them strictly. My little Chris loves to sometimes.... erm, be extremely hyper? But why would I give a shit about that? At the end of the day, Chris is loyal as they get. I don't even have to question it, he has shown it to me several times. I've killed people that have tried to constantly bloodline my loyaltist, and I'd do it again. No damn problem.

Then we have my lovely Cassi! She is literally what keeps the spoke on the wheel. I think people join my district just because she is with me, which doesn't surprise me at all. I probably wouldn't be here if I didn't have her help, and I know that I wouldn't be close to this level of a great district without her. It's the little things that Cassi does that makes her important to me.

Overwhelming, I know. So many unique people in my district that it would just be too hard to mesh it all together. But you know what makes it special? All these different personalities and we find a way to make it work, and make it work wonderfully. They put personal bullshit to the side for me and learn that we are what we preach, a family. I'd fight and die for them to live, no questions asked. We are what we have formed ourselves to be, and I would die for that image and that right. It's not just about me and never will be, it's about the others that follow me with pride in their hearts and desire in their eyes.

Sorry Desmand.... Me and Johnny have been saying it for a while now, The Loop and Queens are just the shit! Can't say that we haven't been saying this!"

Mako lets out a small laugh at the joke and takes a few steps away from the Denam.

"Thank you for bringing this out in the light, Denam. I love to brag about my own. I'm interested in what others have to say about what makes their district special, because there are a ton out there just as unique as mine."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Having heard Mako speak, Maria finds a few tears welling up in the corner of her eye. Gruffly, she clears her throat several times and blinks t them fiercely, hoping to chase them away. 

I'm ain't afraid of no Mako's! she mutters shiftily, her eyes clearly telling a different story as she walks over to the man she respects above all others in this world. 

Godfather Mako speaks many truths here. The Loop is a downright amazing district and I respectfully must take a moment to chuckle at anybody who genuinely thinks that they are part of a district that is better than The Loop. And to be honest, maybe I was a little intimidated to come and ask him whether or not I could be part of it. Because the last time that I've admired a Godfather and the group they have surrounded themselves with as much, it was before the days of districts, when Godmother Innocence ran Los Angeles. My line wasn't in the best of places when we came here and the fact that Mako gave me a chance meant the world to me. 

There are so many different personalities in The Loop. So many different outlooks, methods, strengths and weaknesses. But the most important thing about The Loop, and the reason that you can never count us out, no matter what is thrown at us and who does the throwing, is that we are a family. We care about each other. We celebrate each others successes, we help each other through the bad times - fuck, we even found Jono his dream sex toy! One thing above all others makes that work, however, and that one thing is the thing that Godfather Mako missed out on his speech about what makes us so damn special.

Put simply, and I'm sure that the rest of The Loop won't mind me saying this, the thing that makes us special above all else, is Godfather Mako himself. 

He cares about us. He believes in us. He puts aside time to help us out. He fights our corners when we need somebody to fight them, and he supports us when we need someone to support us. He kicks our asses when we need it. He gives people chances, people that other people might overlook or believe to be trouble or simply just not make the investment of time in. Mako commands respect like no other Godfather my line has known - that's no disrespect to other Godfathers my line has known and worked with, because we've worked with some fantastic Godfathers, but Mako is a special one for sure. He is the mayonnaise that holds the sandwich of The Loop together. He's the glue. He can make us put aside personal differences and do what's best for the greater good of the district. Without him, the sum of the parts would be worth more than the sum of the whole. With him, The Loop is a unit. Strong, smart, outspoken at times, but a family none the less. 

Report Post Tip

Mako could've just said Cassi, and his point would've been made. 

Report Post Tip
^
Report Post Tip

I agree DenamAssChicken is a queen, with lots of jewels. 

Report Post Tip
ILL TELL YOU WHAT IM WORTH!!

*hick*

IM WORTH TRILLIONS!!

*hick*
Report Post Tip

Queens>loop.

Untill I take over Philly.

Only because I'm here.

Report Post Tip

Goku, are you taking over Philly with Revan? He already has staked his claim there, and it's not a good idea to get into a fight with a shark/dog or whatever he is now. 

Report Post Tip

He drops down from one of the buildings, a man dressed in a toast costume reeling him down slowly, the rope tied around him has quite a luxurious knot. The kind that only a true leader would have wrapped around himself. Deciding he needs a cool entrance he begins to sing a random song and gives a double thumbs up, which the person on the top of the building mistakes as his queue to let go of the rope... about fifteen feet earlier than he should have.

Thwap.

"Fuck. I was just, fuck. What were you DOING?"  

He yells up to the top of the building as the toast-like man runs away in embarrassment. Revan hops up and wipes a few crumbs off his body and flashes off a large smile, looking at both Goku and Spike have their back and forth. That isn't exactly why he was here though, no. He had to make sure nobody was going to try and funny business with the city he now holds so dear.

"Did someone say... Philly?"

Report Post Tip

Spotting Mako making his speech, PaulHeyman obviously took time out to stop by and hear him speak.

Mako, I find myself agreeing with every word you say; The Loop is a special district indeed. During my lifetime I have truly been made to feel like part of a family, rather than simply a few like-minded individuals. It is this that makes you want to put everything aside to serve and protect this district, and give everything you have.

I would agree entirely with Maria's speech. Since I joined his family Godfather Mako has been nothing short of brilliant; always being there to offer a helping hand if it was needed. What I value most though is that within our district the greatest reward is obtained through greater service of the district itself; such a simple virtue but that is how it should be, and it motivates you to achieve greater and greater things for him and his district. Simply put, I feel like I have worked harder under Mako than any of my ancestors have done. My line has known some very good leaders, but Mako is right up there with the best.

As Maria said, what makes The Loop special is the different personalities, the different virtues of each of its members. It is this combination of strengths that makes this place what it is, and makes our district as strong as it is; it allows each of us to fit in and play to those strengths, which means the district as a whole grows stronger. It is to Mako's credit that he allows each of us to play to those strengths, and our family is much stronger as a result.

I feel it would also be remiss of me to forget to mention Draven here, too. As Mako said she puts so much effort into helping each and every one of her members and I must thank her for that. She gave me the best start in my life as I began my journey, and I am extremely grateful for that too.

Paul unfurls a banner reading 'Forza The Loop', and attaches it to a nearby building.

Report Post Tip
What makes The Loop so fuckin' special? He didn't even have to stop and think about this question. As soon as Pandaemonium caught a glimpse of Mako standing there like a proud poppa bear, ready to brag about his cubs, he smirked and chimed in.

What makes my district so fuckin' special? Mako.

He pauses, ready to just drop the mic and walk away. But he, like Mako couldn't be any happier to brag on his poppa bear.

Mako is a special fella'. A man that I admire, respect, and am whole heartedly proud to call MY Godfather. It takes a man with his kind of passion and charisma to reign in this motley group of strong, opinionated, hyper mafioso under one banner we are all proud to be under. The dedication he has to his district is unlike any other. He is not one to take his rank and demand, he will be right next to you knocking off corner stores and stealing purses. He doesn't just fight for you he fights with you. Mako leads by example not by authority.

Pandaemonium stops for a moment to light a cigarette, and take a drag. Through the plume of smoke he continues.

I could brag on individual members of this district, but Mako has already done so, so eloquently. I can't help but say it again I am proud to be from The Loop, I am proud to have Mako call me one of his own.

Tipping his hat to Mako, he takes another drag from his cigarette and stands back to listen to anyone who can try to disprove that The Loop is the best district in the country.
Report Post Tip

Well..

We have Jeddy!

Report Post Tip

It's oh so hard to add to this discussion without repeating what others have already said. Ya know what though? I'm going to do it anyway. Ha.

The thing that makes The Loop so special? Again.... It's Godfather Mako

We here in The Loop are a wide range of individuals from the massively opinionated to the quiet legends in their own right. Some of us are loud, some of us are earning machines and some of us are skilled marksmen among many other things but all of us are proud. What makes all of this work so beautifully well is it's leadership. It's charismatic and passionate Godfather. Furthermore is the loyalty, respect and pride that people feel working for Mako. As Pandaemonium has already stated... Mako is a man that won't be micro managing or sprouting orders while he sits back and watches everything unfold. He's standing shoulder to shoulder with you as you knock off a post office, he'll be distracting the old lady as you grab her purse. Come time of war and death, he's on the front line. Protection of his own is the ONLY thing on his mind in times of danger and it shows in spades the care he has for his district. 

I guess the only way to describe this from my own point of view is; I've never seen a leader like this since the Original Czylharz days. For me, that is perfect. 

For me, it makes me proud to say the words "I am from The Loop."

Jono quickly realises how mushy and arse kissy what he just said actually is and shivers. Composing himself he pulls a hubcap from beneath his overcoat and frisbee's it at Mako's head before running off. 

Ahhh, much better. 

Report Post Tip

Sounds to me like Queens the The Loop are the only districts worth working for...

Report Post Tip

Queens will always be the best we have the GOAT Johnnynoname , we have auntie Siobhan and myself the guido PaulyD. we also have characters like Asschicken kennethnoisewater and bloodyspikeS who likes to give out mako tacos.

We have the one who likes to give out carrots. 

Also as for Cassi we all know she is mine and Mako stole her from me and I shall soon take her back

and we have goku who made randomland and Denam chicken.

Report Post Tip

Joey was walking down the street and hears Denam as he's telling this complete stranger about Queens and hears his name being mentioned

Joey smirks and says

"Didn't know I had a reputation haha. Even if its small I guess its something"

Joey laughs a bit more to himself and starts hanging around to see what people have to say

Report Post Tip

Nyx couldnt help but hear all the talk about different districts. Of course Queens was one of the best and a place She called home. She walked up and playfully kicked Denam before reaching into His pocket to swipe some cash. She grinned and turned about Her way. Slipping through the crowd that was now starting to surround the RH of Her beloved HQ...

Report Post Tip

Loop is better because no Goku! LOL

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Queens. Oh Queens.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL