Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 00:13:32
Page:  1 
street presence - leaders of the mob RANKED Started by: GASTON_REGIS on Aug 15, '14 17:10

it's the afternoon of august fifteen; for all I know, it could be any time. I couldn't care less, as a matter of fact.

after five, maybe seven, almost endless ringing I realize that if I don't shift my weight over to the black siren, this blasted sound could eat into my entire napping time.

i timbered towards the roaring, black box of doom & haphazardly positioned the mouthpiece towards the radius of my dishevelled, sad excuse of a mug.

GASTON: parler...

???: G? finally... it’s ÉDOUARD. listen up, i haven't g'long to chit the shit wit' ya.

my cousin, ÉD (known as le serpent), works as in independent journalist (based in new york city); an intelligent, fearless man with tremendous gusto, business savvy & an appetite for greenbacks.

ÉD: y'know 'ow ya mentioned y'ere struggling to make connections in sin city a few days ago? 'ow ya craved a vocal leader above all else? well, i've managed to dig up some reports in the last couple o' days. i'm not saying dis is exclusive info' or anythin' of the sort; it's no holy grail.

you're an intelligent man – just y'know I like to help ya out when I can, right? this could give ya some much needed insight & motivation. 

GASTON: je peux toujours compter sur vous, frère...

ÉD: don't mention it. share it amongst ya'selves if ya see a benefit. might spark an interesting discussion between ya's or somethin'. it's common knowledge to those up top. but for someone just starting out, it's useful info' to have. expect a delivery in a couple o' hours.

by the way; when are you moving out of that fuckin' motel!

aug 14. 1932

averages of all recorded public appearances, since their involvement with the 'business'. speak soon.  ~ É, xoxo

1. RasAlGhul1.70 (Queens, NY)

2. Desmand1.11 (North Side, CH)

3. Jono1.05 (The Loop, CH)

4. RosalieRossi0.88 (Bronx, NY)

5. Mako0.78 (The Loop, CH)

6. JohnnyNoname0.58 (Queens, NY)

7. Visas0.57 (Hollywood, LA)

8. Siobhan0.47 (Queens, NY)

9. Silvio--Dante0.44 (North Side, CH)

10. SwaggDinero0.43 (South Side, CH)

11. Haven0.42 (Savannah, LA)

12. Genocide0.39 (North Side, CH)

13. Taegan0.36 (Hollywood, LA)

14. Princess0.33 (South Side, CH)

15. HandsomeRob0.32 (South Side, CH)

16. Jeddy0.32 (Staten Island, NY)

17. AlexTurner0.28 (Staten Island, NY)

18. ChristianTheLion0.26 (Corktown, DT)

19. Deces0.23 (Hollywood, LA)

20. OrangeJuice-0.22 (Manhattan, NY)

21. CristianoRonaldo0.21 (Savannah, LA)

22. Amethyst0.20 (Brooklyn, NY)

23. FutureStealer0.20 (Manhattan, NY)

24. PaulyD0.18 (Queens, NY)

25. -Draven-0.17 (The Loop, CH)

26. Rorschach0.16 (Staten Island, NY)

27. YusukeUrameshi: 0.14 (Brooklyn, NY)

28. Tesla0.12 (Suburbs, CH)

29. Chekov0.10 (Paradise, LV)

30. Cantillon0.09 (Bronx, NY)

31. SammyGravano0.09 (Suburbs, CH)

32. Whatsername0.05 (Bronx, NY)

33. LF0.03 (Brooklyn, NY)

34. LostMyMind0.03 (Corktown, DT)

Report Post Tip

I appreciate the time you've put in to calculating this list, but I must ask what the point you are trying to make is, considering that number one on your list, RasAlGhul, has now not been spotted in our world for two weeks. So he may have been vocal in the past, but for the last two weeks, he hasn't been seen at all. This makes the list itself feel a little pointless.

Report Post Tip

Also, when I go to the names this list refers on, all I find is -Draven-

Report Post Tip

He walks into the street as he hears about the list which has all of the leaders activities tracked down, like a stalker straight out of one of those silent films he always would mas... watch enthusiastically to, he was extremely excited to hear that as one of the biggest and most important leaders in this thing of ours that he would most likely be listed.

Reaching the list he put his finger on it and moved it down, lower, and lower... and lower. All of the names blended together and did not really matter to him, as one thing was for sure, they weren't him. Unless he had magically became someone else. For a moment he stops to think, and then feels his face for a few moments. Once happy with his outward appearance and the fact he has not transformed into another he walks over to Mr. Regis.

"Hm... this list is incomplete, and not really worth my valuable time."

With a huff, Revan walks off quickly from the area and back to his daily routine which he haphazardly puts together every morning on one of his most favorite socks. That way he cannot forget! Lifting up his sock a bit to read the first thing he should do today he frowns to himself and sulks into the distance.

1. Read about your exploits and how important you are.

Report Post Tip

like my cousin ÉD said, this isn't supposed to be definitive - but I do consider it to be useful as a general overview, despite the flaws which you have quickly highlighted (which I do not disagree with). yet, I do disagree that this list is pointless!

as a Don for a prominent leader/family, I would expect this sheet to appear pointless, as your experience level differs from the target audience. I have found it difficult to find a family... I have my own criteria, which weighs heavily on those who show strength in words, a force to be reckoned with. I hope that this ranking appeals to other young turks (or french gentlemen, such as myself) that share similar criteria but have also struggled to make the wisest decision, amongst the vast ocean of scribbled crew invites in their postal box!

Report Post Tip

I have problems with this. I love data (trust me, I LOVE data), but I consider much of this to be invalid.

• One leader's presence in a speech isn't equal to any others. It's not quantity of appearances we're looking at, if people only show up and say two or three words.
  • Considering you have RasAlGhul atop your list, you're pulling from some old records. I wasn't even alive when most of his work was presented, so while I see he has made appearances, he has no presence.

Like I said, I love data, but this isn't a great way to go about it. My appeal to Street Presence is to escape the "numbers" of hitting and earning, and focus on words instead.

Report Post Tip

Gaston, I understand that you seek a leader with strength in words and I understand that greatly, and respect it also. One of the reasons I was drawn to Mako was his strong showing on the streets. But, the very fact that atop your list is a leader who hasn't even been seen for two weeks, to me, invalidates the list. RasAlGhul might've been very talkative last month or the one before that, but the fact still remains that for the last fortnight, we haven't seen hide nor hair of him in any context. So recently, he's most definitely not been the most talkative of our leaders. 

Now, I'm calling it pointless, but perhaps what I should be calling it, is misleading. Because if you feel as though you're doing fellow younger members of our world a favor by leading them towards a crew leader who is two weeks gathering dust, then I have to question either your sanity or your motives. 

If you truly wish to find a leader to join who represents his or herself well with words, it'd surely be better to read through the records of their speeches and comments and see who feels like the best fit for you?

Report Post Tip

Denam, I see your point. but where else can you view this information in one place? I still see a use for it... in combination with using our own street smarts & vision! to take this at face value would be foolish. yes - some may have appeared to have returned to the shadowsbut more individual research can be done by strolling the streets & opening ears. this is just one element of information.

may I also add that this list is also useful for those longing for leaders who are strong, yet silent. in which case, the numbers can be reversed.

merci pour votre temps.
Report Post Tip

Leaders are mutes.

They always have been.

Nothings ever going to changed.

Fuck em.

Report Post Tip

It is always incredibly easy to judge leaders when they're not leaders themselves.

To Gaston, how many of these leaders do you know personally? How many have you spoken to regarding there street activity? I can speak for Brooklyn and say our leaders don't need to prove anything to anyone.

People go on, and on about street activity but there are other things in this world of ours besides speaking. We run an amazing district with amazing people.

Another thing I've noticed is that you're merely going by how many times they've been seen in the streets by their age. That is not accurate either. I know Don -Draven- has some some AMAZING speeches but she hasn't had many if we judged her speeches by your talking/age ratio.

While I applaud you trying to care, I don't think you know the situations of many of our leaders.

As to Sheik; I once read in my fathers journals what to do about people like you.

Kyubey puts the sign down right next to Sheik and hammers it right down.

Don't feed the troll.

Report Post Tip

Kyubey -

"It is always incredibly easy to judge leaders when they're not leaders themselves."

lot's of prominent positions of power in our world are criticized & under constant scrutiny.

would you have the same opinion when a president is put under the microscope?

how do you expect me to know any of the leaders on a personal basis?

of course I don't know any personally. the answer is zero. if I did, I wouldn't still be searching for a crew, would I? I find your approach towards me confusing.

I am not standing here expecting or wishing a performance from anybody.

I would just like to find a vocal leader to blossom under. is that too much to ask? this is my preference. I am not saying that this should be everybody's preference.

again - it is true I do not know the situations of many of the leaders - yet, considering I have been here for less than 48 hours, I am surprised you expect so much from me... I've still spoken to a couple, and they have been pleasant.

Report Post Tip

Ghostdog walks in the streets alone. It's a hot summer's day and everyone is trying to hide from the sun. He notices two kids riding a bike and falling on a newsstand. Some newspapers fall right in front of him. He picks up one, and there is a picture in one article with someone who looks familiar to him. Under this pic, there is a sign.

GASTON_REGIS  found dead earlier this morning.

For a while, I thought it was someone I knew.

Ghostdog, drops the newspaper to the bin, and walks away...

Report Post Tip

C'est assaination la liste d'ordre de l'homme !!!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: street presence - leaders of the mob RANKED
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL