Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 01:01:07
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
a new rank we werent aware of? Started by: Thomas_Lane on Aug 18, '14 03:49

I was gonna say!

Thanks Sydney <3

Report Post Tip
I do find this odd. Never seen it happen before.
Report Post Tip

I think the responses here have been extremely over the top.

The guy is pointing out the fact that some guy has their own rank. Big fucking deal. So Revan is Revan, who cares? I dont care he has his own rank for a limited period. It likely stemmed from some chat on IRC and is some kinda joke. But is it really necessary to give the guy that made this thread abuse purely because you all love Revan?

Your all telling him to get a grip, calm down etc. Think you should take your own advice folks.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Well put Tyrion, for those of use that should be leading helping those to understand the game and making people feel welcome theres been a fairly bad showing of that here. though i guess the respect only reaches one way instead of laughing this off as someones cry for attention or even a troll trolling as it was put, you've jumped down his throat with both feet. Lifes to short to make a fuss about little things.

On a side note, i'm really jealous i wanna be a king.

Report Post Tip

It's not a new rank, Revan IS  the future king of philly.

How is it possible that you are not aware of that?

It has been written....

Report Post Tip

Mr Lane, While your concern is noted, it's not needed, This "rank" isnt a real rank, Its a mask.

Its nothing to really be concerned with.. seriously.. not like they're giving him a boost to anything

Report Post Tip

I long for the day that my life is so void of troubles and worries that something this petty provokes my anger.

Report Post Tip
I have always hated seeing the admins give fake titles colors names helpdesk crews special names in blue etc. But at the end of the day all I do is login and play like anyone else and have no pull in those choices by admins it is their game
Report Post Tip

I personally think it's kinda funny. I always enjoy when admins decide to get on a joke and mess about. Don't worry about it, too much. I'm sure this rank won't benefit him in anyway, other than some amusing little bits.

pscanibebigmoneybucks?

Report Post Tip

I, for one, accept our new king.

Report Post Tip
Thank you Tyrion. I feel a similar sentiment.
Report Post Tip

This was a cosmetic rank change done out of humor.  It is simply renaming his Goomba account to this current title.  When he ranks to Earner, it will rewrite the rank to Earner.  Him taking over Philly has been an ongoing joke in the game and chat for the past few weeks, in which you have been present for a lot of it.  I think sometimes you need to lay back and allow a joke to benefit someone else especially if it doesn't really harm you.  Overall, I think the occasional thing like this gets a chuckle out of more people than not.  While you may not agree, I view this as a harmless fun thing, and will continue to do so until it seems that it no longer is.

Whilst I agree that these inner and well lets be honest IRC jokes are a core component of our world (the real reason most of us sit around and click buttons for 8+ hours a day) is for little things like that; that truly make this a social experience.

This spamming idiot does have somewhat of a valid point, things like that can be very confusing to new players and can create an uneasy sense. The addicts will always be around, it's the new people who we need to keep here to promote the game and if things like this are more hurtful than helpful eh.

Whilst this was an extreme case there is a valid point in that big tin o spam.

Report Post Tip
lol'''just a goomba'''
Report Post Tip

Can I get a new rank too? I keep telling him Philly is mine...

That being said, I guess I don't go to the extreme and change my profile claiming myself as the ruler of Philly, and I don't make threads announcing it... But I still want Philly...

Report Post Tip
How this got so much attention I'll never know.
Report Post Tip

Always the same reason Achilles. People love a troll to give them a reason for an easy +1 on the ole post count as well as following the crowd in making fun of people. 

Report Post Tip
Lol, someone tagged me in a post asking my action. I'm just letting him know that while his opinion is noted, I see no reason to worry about raven's latest claim to glory... XD

Sure it might confuse a few new players, but would that have been enough to turn any of you away? Any one who can't discern the joke, or find a CL/ hand/random player to clarify it might just be a lost cause any ways.

Frankly, anyone who's insulted by it should realize that if anything it mocking revan more then anything XD
Report Post Tip

Revan can't drink enough to be a city king.

I personally think IRC jokes should well stay there. Since it's been pointed out that it can be confusing for new players, not to mention even in a joke (or for those of us who don't sit on IRC or go into #DL) it can come across as favouritism by the admins by others.

Either way I personally didn't even notice since I don't do as much profile browsing as I used to, so it wasn't a massive deal to me until it was pointed out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: a new rank we werent aware of?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL