Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:57:01
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Sometimes Going Downward Means Going Up Started by: AK on Aug 19, '14 03:17

AK stepped out onto the streets. He had an announcement to make to the public. The man wore his best suit this day and he looked his sharpest right now.

"Good evening everyone. My name is AK and I am a representative from Las Vegas, from Paradise to be precise. Chekov and I have been speaking more and more about the growth and prosperity of Vegas. He has decided that as the sole head of Las Vegas, he can try something new that he is interested in trying in."

The man adjusted his tie a little. The darn thing kept coming loose and it annoyed him. After fixing the damned thing he looked back at the small crowd and continued his speech.

"He has spoken to his confidants within Paradise and they have decided that he will be giving 10 man HQs to people in his district that he believes are worthy to hold a headquarters. They will be locked at 10 members until it is filled and then the HQ holder has to ask for permission from Chekov to upgrade. It is something he had wanted to try and we all believe it is a fine idea."

He smiled to the crowd. He was the first one up to bat in Paradise.

"As with this, he has asked me as his right hand man and most trusted, to setup my own headquarters under him in Paradise. It isn't something that was easy for me but he said it would be the step in the right direction in towards growing out Paradise, and eventually Las Vegas as a whole."

So without further adieu, I will present myself and my new family. We will follow the same rules and regulations as Don Chekov, and I am happy to be his first official Captain.

We will be furtherly known as The Downward Spiral. We will be a family under Club Paradise.

Report Post Tip
Congratz Ak, best of luck to you and to Chekov on this experiment. Hope to see great things come from this for Sin City.
Report Post Tip

Sometimes Going Downward Means Going Up... lol

Report Post Tip

My name is AK and I am a representative from Las Vegas, from Paradise to be precise. Chekov and I have been speaking more and more about the growth and prosperity of Vegas.

Nice to meet you AK. Up until now I have never heard of you..

He has decided that as the sole head of Las Vegas, he can try something new that he is interested in trying in

Not really understanding your grammar on this one... However new you are not..

"He has spoken to his confidants within Paradise and they have decided that he will be giving 10 man HQs to people in his district that he believes are worthy to hold a headquarters. They will be locked at 10 members until it is filled and then the HQ holder has to ask for permission from Chekov to upgrade. It is something he had wanted to try and we all believe it is a fine idea."

I could say how many ten member HQ's? But I will not insult the intelligence of the community anymore than this has already..

So without further adieu, I will present myself and my new family. We will follow the same rules and regulations as Don Chekov, and I am happy to be his first official Captain.

We will be furtherly known as The Downward Spiral. We will be a family under Club Paradise.

As you follow the same rules as Checkov I would assume there will be no changes or advances in this?

Report Post Tip

Can you elaborate on the thinking behind being "locked at 10 members"? Why does Chekov want to try this and why is it a fine idea?

From the outside, this looks like an excuse to open another HQ despite the obvious lack of demand for one. 

Report Post Tip

... Thinking :P

Report Post Tip

... Thinking :P

Report Post Tip

Angelo rubbed his tired eyes, they'd been up all night celebrating Ak's advancement, it had been no surprise the man would eventually get to run his own operation, a rising starlet in the Paradise operation. He looked to the aged Consiglerie Minos beside him, he too seemed to be feeling the ill effects of last night. Before Ak could reply Angelo himself answered  Mambutu.

"We'll call it a plus that not every random associate knows of Ak's deeds Mambutu, keeps the federali away I'm sure, I'd be surprised if many as young as yourself were to know the man. Unless your parents were fond of mob fairy tales. I thought AK was pretty clear, Chekov runs Paradise and as is his want to do, he feels expanding his operation would perhaps generate more income, more prosperity."

He studied Romwulf, indeed from the outside it would look very curious. A valid point really.

"I can understand your concern Romwulf, I'm never one to count my chickens, but at this point in time it's very likely that it's a mere formality that Don Chekov will rise to Godfather, perhaps the community may have felt it prudent then to auth someone. But as we've recently witnessed the crumbling of many former families, they're are many children who may not be interested in such short term prospects, the frustration of moving headquarters."

He paused, a wave of queasiness coming over him, that'll be the last time he touches tequila.

"Thus with AK setting up now, he can begin a more aggressive recruitment drive, Don Chekov can be an isolated man at times and AK has many contacts back in the old country. It'd be a waste not to take advantage of the numbers of fresh blood he could bring to our shores."

Report Post Tip

"Thus with AK setting up now, he can begin a more aggressive recruitment drive, Don Chekov can be an isolated man at times and AK has many contacts back in the old country. It'd be a waste not to take advantage of the numbers of fresh blood he could bring to our shores."

Yes. A more aggressive recruitment drive, into a HQ locked at ten members. I'm sure that'll be an inspiration to us all. 

I'd personally like to hear Don Chekov come out here and explain his thinking here. I mean, sure he doesn't have to, but many of us have said over the past months what a shame it is that we don't really see so many leaders out here, and this deviation from the norm would present a wonderful excuse for Chekov to show his face and let us in on his thoughts here. 

I'll admit that this move does seem like a bit of a waste of money to me, as Chekov is still twenty one members and at least a unit from Godfather, but the best of luck to you all the same, AK

Report Post Tip

Chekov is soooooo pretty! And Vegas full of booze! What other reason you need??

Report Post Tip
I really never know if your taking the piss MissPinky or if that is genuinely the extent of your thoughts on the matter.
Report Post Tip

They are taking the piss. It's just a person imitating another person and then to Cap it off running around the streets spewing none funny comments. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Ah, cheers Desmand. I was never 100% sure as it could swing either way really.
Report Post Tip
With Philly becoming non habitable and the Godfathers seeming to be going in the right direction, I can't help but think that this is a step back. I appreciate you are trying something new and innovative, however can't help think that adding yet more leaders and hands to our world isn't really helping. Especially with the recent demise of parts of LA, this should be the best time to get new blood into the existing families and fill up the HQs.
Report Post Tip

"Yes. A more aggressive recruitment drive, into a HQ locked at ten members. I'm sure that'll be an inspiration to us all."

My dearest Maria, I believe you may have misunderstood. They are not forever locked into a ten man crew. Once they fill their walls with active citizens they may approach Don Chekov and ask to expand. Starting them off with a small crew would allow us to give fresh bloodlines a chance to lead without overwhelming them. Some people take to the challenge easier than others, they will obviously grow faster and expand sooner... but for those who need a little more push it will allow them to grow slowly with people without the expectation that they must fill their large HQ quickly, which can lead to a large crew full of rotting bodies.  

I think people are jumping the gun here thinking that there will be a new auth every day. It's one auth, in which case if it makes you more comfortable, you may look at it as a replacement for when I stepped down. If his family meets expectations, which I am positive it will, he can request to upgrade. Chekov will speak to him and they will go from there. Depending on the state of things within Paradise at that time it will also be discussed if another auth would be suitable.

As for it being a waste of money, that's Chekov's prerogative and isn't really a concern of anybody outside of Paradise.

Report Post Tip

Your quite right Sydney.

I'm more amused at the assumption of Chekov taking the reigns as Godfather given the requirement of having 30 people within his HQ.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that I find the notion of Chekov being a Godfather amusing, but given the period of time the crew has been active and the limited recruitment it has seen, the assumption above that Chekov will sometime assume the mantle of Godfather does tickle me somewhat.

Still, I wish you folks well in Vegas. I was disappointed to see you close your HQ down Sydney and I look forward to seeing what AK brings to your city, I only hope further expansion happens inside the confines of your own HQ more so than it does AK if the dreams of Vegas are to ever come to reality.

Report Post Tip

Sigh.. I misspoke there, I meant "You're" right, obviously.

Report Post Tip

As it is right now Chekov is acting Godfather of Paradise. It has been this way since the Paradise competition came to a close. I think I speak for Paradise when I say we all hope to see Chekov reach the actual title of Godfather and we are all as a unit working to make this a reality.

It really isn't necessary to sugarcoat things with us. You are not the first person to be "amused" by our assumption that Chekov will reach the reigns of Godfather, and I'm sure you will not be the last. I see nothing wrong with myself, or anybody else really, assuming that he will get there. It's always nice to have goals right? Chekov is the reason why many of us are still alive today, it's only natural that we feel so strongly in seeing our leader achieve greatness. Big things come in small packages. Not everybody is set up to succeed from the start and it's no secret that Paradise has had a fair share of struggles and conflicts...

What you may see as limited recruitment is not the same as it seems from us on the inside. Some families wish to grow as big as they can as fast as they can and then there are families that would rather grow slow and strong. I'm not here to debate what is the best way to go about filling an HQ, to each their own. I can say that I personally will be very proud when Paradise reaches larger numbers. Not because we would finally be a large district.. but because we started from nothing and grew to something, slowly... we will know our members because we were allowed to grow and take time to get to know our fellow Paradise residents. Assumptions? Maybe. Goals for a brighter future? Definitely.

Report Post Tip
Good luck in this venture. I'm glad to see people following the South Side trend.
Report Post Tip
Don't hurt your arm being so quick to pat yourself on the back Vaelin. You'll don't want to be in pain the next five times you do it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sometimes Going Downward Means Going Up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL