Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 00:55:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Sometimes Going Downward Means Going Up Started by: AK on Aug 19, '14 03:17
pats himself on the back a few more times
Pain, no pain here. Thanks for being concerned with my health Shaggs.
Report Post Tip
Congrats, AK. I love you. Make Armin do work. <3
Report Post Tip

The Best For AK 

LV  Home 

Report Post Tip

After hearing his dear friends speech, FutureStealer put out the cigarette he had been puffing on and put on his hat as he began to walk forward.  He gave a slight tug to the jacket to straighten it out and headed straight for AK

"Well, my friend, you've done it.  Congratulations.  I have a feeling you'll be a great leader."

FutureStealer hands him a bottle of Johnny Walker Black, and heads back to NY wondering (along with many others) if Chekov would ever take the time to explain his decision to us.

Report Post Tip

congrats AK,wish you luck

Report Post Tip

@TyrionLannister- I think the things people are saying here is hating. Nothing wrong with this idea or AK saying it. I  really think reasons I gave are all u need to go to LV how is now!!!

Report Post Tip

"Yes. A more aggressive recruitment drive, into a HQ locked at ten members. I'm sure that'll be an inspiration to us all."

My dearest Maria, I believe you may have misunderstood. They are not forever locked into a ten man crew. Once they fill their walls with active citizens they may approach Don Chekov and ask to expand. Starting them off with a small crew would allow us to give fresh bloodlines a chance to lead without overwhelming them. Some people take to the challenge easier than others, they will obviously grow faster and expand sooner... but for those who need a little more push it will allow them to grow slowly with people without the expectation that they must fill their large HQ quickly, which can lead to a large crew full of rotting bodies.  

I think people are jumping the gun here thinking that there will be a new auth every day. It's one auth, in which case if it makes you more comfortable, you may look at it as a replacement for when I stepped down. If his family meets expectations, which I am positive it will, he can request to upgrade. Chekov will speak to him and they will go from there. Depending on the state of things within Paradise at that time it will also be discussed if another auth would be suitable.

As for it being a waste of money, that's Chekov's prerogative and isn't really a concern of anybody outside of Paradise.

As it is right now Chekov is acting Godfather of Paradise. It has been this way since the Paradise competition came to a close. I think I speak for Paradise when I say we all hope to see Chekov reach the actual title of Godfather and we are all as a unit working to make this a reality.

It really isn't necessary to sugarcoat things with us. You are not the first person to be "amused" by our assumption that Chekov will reach the reigns of Godfather, and I'm sure you will not be the last. I see nothing wrong with myself, or anybody else really, assuming that he will get there. It's always nice to have goals right? Chekov is the reason why many of us are still alive today, it's only natural that we feel so strongly in seeing our leader achieve greatness. Big things come in small packages. Not everybody is set up to succeed from the start and it's no secret that Paradise has had a fair share of struggles and conflicts...

What you may see as limited recruitment is not the same as it seems from us on the inside. Some families wish to grow as big as they can as fast as they can and then there are families that would rather grow slow and strong. I'm not here to debate what is the best way to go about filling an HQ, to each their own. I can say that I personally will be very proud when Paradise reaches larger numbers. Not because we would finally be a large district.. but because we started from nothing and grew to something, slowly... we will know our members because we were allowed to grow and take time to get to know our fellow Paradise residents. Assumptions? Maybe. Goals for a brighter future? Definitely.

Two lovely responses by my wonderful RHW, Sydney. Any information you are looking for can most likely be found in the above addresses. 

With her position, she may speak for me and in this case, has done so. 

Hopefully this is enough to satisfy your curiousity, FutureStealer.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on your Auth AK. I wish you the best of luck in your venture to Paradise.

Report Post Tip

A week had past since the last time Fumiko stepped out onto the streets, to take in both the fresh air and fresh speeches. She had had a busy week, she thought back on it as she strolled down the sidewalk. Between learning the new way of her life and the criminal acts to make her boss money, Fumiko didn't have a lot of extra time on her hands. Though, the spare hours she did have she put to good use. She started going to language class. After being in class for a week and thinking about her first time on the streets she felt a bit embarrassed. How she mangled and mashed words together in hopes to make complete and understandable comments failed. Though, she wasn't going to let that get her down. Practice made perfect.

Around another corner Fumiko bumped into a crowd of people. She could feel the buzz in the air. Excitement. She knew what this felt like. It was one of her favorites, a congratulations party. Hanging around the headquarters and asking a few more questions, Fumiko properly understood what these events were for. A week ago, she thought they were just a fun party, but apparently they are quite the big deal. Knowledge is power.

Fumiko approached the man in celebration, AK and shook his had. 

Congratulations sir! I hope you find yourself in a very perfect bold suit in the desert. 

So, it was still a bit bumpy but much better. Fumiko showed off her signature bright smiled, let loose a little giggle and joined the crowd. 

Report Post Tip

I only hope further expansion happens inside the confines of your own HQ more so than it does AK if the dreams of Vegas are to ever come to reality.

To qoute myself here..

It seems as though the HQ of AK has surpassed it's original 10 man HQ (Well done AK) and has increased it's membership higher than Chekov.

I'm torn between whether this proves the move was correct, or whether I still hold the belief that Chekov would be better served with these persons within his own HQ.

I guess either way, it's just nice to see more activity in Vegas, well done guys!

Report Post Tip

Noticing how things went and getting to know you a few days ago AK , I have only one thing to say.
Congrats on improving the Las Vegas vicinity. You improved my opinion about your city as well.

Johnny lights up a cigar, gives AK a handshake and then goes on his way.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sometimes Going Downward Means Going Up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL