Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:11:06
Page:  1 
Time Changes Everything. Started by: Nyx on Aug 23, '14 16:35

Time has a way of changing everything around You. From the tiny blades of grass, to the people you walk by each on the streets. Wouldn't it be nice to stop time, or hell even go back in time. Perhaps change some wrong doings. Or maybe stop that friend from making the biggest mistake of their life. Or maybe stop that loved one from walking out of your life. But then again, you have to stop and wonder, if you was able to stop and rewind time, where would you be now? A better place perhaps, or living under that bridge down on 1st street. Time can be your friend, and heal the wounds from the past, or it can be your enemy and drag you down.

I'm not out to start any debates, or even cause trouble. But at times, its just nice to know how time has treated others. Good or bad. Its also a pleasant way to get to know your fellow Mobsters. So feel free to speak up and share what time has done for You. But, if not, then we are all entitled to our own thoughts and secrets.

Report Post Tip

Desmand ponders the topic at hand reflecting back to different days, better days - maybe not. He pauses before adding some words that have always stuck in his head to the conversation.

"What good is all this cash, if it doesn't buy time. And what good is being famous, if I'm never on your mind."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Listening to Nyx talk about experience and time, Curtis smiles and reflects on his own ups and downs.

"Thanks for bringing this up Nyx, it is something I think is very important to consider in our world. With our lives being so cyclical, it is an on going process of walking, falling down, learning and getting back up again. There isn't a soul walking these streets that hasn't made a boatload of mistakes and I dare say many they really wish they hadn't. But we all do and really, we must!

There is a man called George Gurdjieff who has given some classes in development, he claims that a youth growing needs adversity, conflict and challenge to develop a strong personality. So it is with us in this thing of ours. We've all robbed, shot and slept with the wrong people at one time or another but if we hadn't would we have ever developed the wisdom to know not to next time?

These experiences are often cringeworthy and horrible. Shit... I've done things years ago that still make me wince to remember now. But really, every single one of them contributed to my learning and growth. I needed them all to become what I am and I'll need many more before I'm done."

He takes a sip from his flask and remembers something important.

"​A great thinker once said, 'The only real mistake in life, is one that yields no learning'. I don't think it can be summed up better."

Walking over, he shakes Nyx hand and stands back to listen to others.

Report Post Tip

Nyx stood back and listened. She watched Desmand come and go silently. She smiled as he passed by, glad to see Him atleast stop by. Next she turned and listened to Curtis. Each word he spoke rang true.

"So true my friend, Our mistakes and mishaps build who we are now. But still though, there are somethings, I wish I could go back and correct. Also, would love to erase some people from My past, maybe I would be a better person today if they had never entered My life. A wise woman once told Me. "everything happens for a reason, even if We dont understand that reason at first" Hell that old grandmother of Mine was right. Thank Your Curtis for Your insight on this topic, I hope others can come forth and share some thoughts as well"

Nyx accepted Curtis's handshake before she to took a step back to allow another to step forward if they wanted

Report Post Tip

Anarchy listens to Curtis and Nyx for a moment as she considers her reply. Turning to Curtis first before she began.

"Everyone may make mistakes but many will not own up to them. Instead as they rise to the top they believe that they are indestructible. Many will think that others will not remember their mistakes. Well that is incorrect. Many journals are passed around regarding those mistakes. It does not make one bloodline better than another.

Once we fall we must stumble to catch ourselves. Some will fall to their knees. It happens but it takes greater strength for the next of kin to build themselves back up in the trust of a leader. What good is a leader that will hold those mistakes against you as if they or their line have not made any? Not very. They have already placed themselves on a pedestal. Time I do not think will heal that. The ability to realize that people are human just may though. "

Turning to Nyx she addresses the original speech she had heard.

"Some may call me jaded but I do not believe time has healed everything. No matter how hard you work or what you do time will not heal anything as long as their are people content on ripping the past open repeatedly. Of course I am sure those people need time to come to grips with their over inflated egos. Perhaps that will happen in time but I won't hold my breath on that.

I do think time has some merit though. It can be a great teacher along with experience. Time allows you a stretch of period to learn from the people around you. To grasp perhaps their way of thinking. I do not mean to take to their way of thinking but to at the very least understand it.

So for me time has not healed. It has taught me many things, such as whom to trust, which lines cannot get over the past and who to turn to if I needed advice. Time is definitely a teacher."

Anarchy slips her flask out of her jacket and takes a swig. Settling against a wall to hear perhaps other tales of time.

Report Post Tip
As time passes, one old adage still rings true.

'I can forgive, but I just can't forget.'

With every day that passes, the pain can ease, the hardships can be smoothed over, but the wrongs will still be wronged. You can forgive people, but you can't forget the pain and disappointment it caused.
Report Post Tip

TS sits back and listens to mobsters come and go saying their piece. When silence he steps up to bat.

Curtis you really hit the nail on the head there, and I like what both you Anarchy and Vaelin had to say as all 3 of you had raised many great points. However I would like to poke at something you stated Anarchy, not to say it's wrong but to offer my own 2cents on it.

"What good is a leader that will hold those mistakes against you as if they or their line have not made any? Not very. They have already placed themselves on a pedestal. Time I do not think will heal that. The ability to realize that people are human just may though. "

Even though the past is the past and everyone makes mistakes it's foolish for any CL to just overlook the wrongs of a bloodline, even though every bloodline has their own share of fuck ups. My ancestors have deffinatly seen their fair share of problems like everyone else in this thing of ours, and even though my kins do have hope it won't be held over there head they have no confusion that they'll always walk around labeled in a sense.  It's just how things are in this world. When we don't know a mobster personally all we have to go by is their history and record. For someone to hold onto a mistake that happened years ago is just petty and to get back on the initial topic I do think time heals all wounds in one way or another. People won't forget the wrongs but time does offer one a chance at a clean slate, to prove they have learned from it and are better because of it. Anyways that's just this guys opinion and I look forward to hearing many more mobsters come out and give there's.

Report Post Tip

Anarchy had been listening nearby. Hearing her name mentioned she turned towards the speaker, The-Situation.

I do not mean for them to overlook them completely but to realize that they themselves are not from a perfect line. There are no perfect lines. To pretend otherwise is merely foolish in my eyes.

My point is if a CL is going to hold something over a members head, do they have the right to expect the best? I mean they would be setting that person up to despise them (possibly). I doubt a person that hates their CL would bother to do their best, let alone put effort into the family. So to me it seems backwards logically and not extremely beneficial.

As far as going by history, there are times that stories are enhanced or modified to make someone else look like a particular thing. Not all histories ring true so do be careful what you learn and believe. Not everything is true about everyone and even less so depending on whose sharing the supposed history. Remember not everything is always shared.

Report Post Tip

Nyx stood back and listened to each story. She was glad people was joining in on this topic. Gave her insight on each one, her respect for each one grew a bit more.

Nyx smiled and turned to Anarchy..

"I do understand Your feelings on this topic, and I dont find You jaded at all. And I do agree, time can be Your best teacher. But for some, time does heal You. Thats what I find so wonderful about this. Time effects each person differently. I see a strong person in You, and My respect for you has grown, thank You for Your insight on this"

Nyx smiled and turned to Vaelin..

"So very true, You can forgive yet never forget. Im sorry if you have hardships you still suffer from, I hope in time, things do get better for You, and thank You as well for your insight"

Nyx took a soft sigh and turned to TS and smiled..

"aye so very true about bloodlines. Mine made some huge mistakes, and Im trying to fix them as we stand here and speak. Yet, I learned from those mistakes made by my grandmother, and owned up to it. And there are some pretty decent CLs in this MR world that care enough to look over past bloodline mistakes. Anyway, thank you as well for Your insight"

Nyx took a step back, worried she was just blowing hot air and might make a fool out of herself. She looked at everyone with much respect and smiled..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Time Changes Everything.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL