Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:42:06
Page:  1 
Fresh on the Boat Started by: TheUnknown on Aug 27, '14 18:45

It had been a long time coming but the time had come. It was time for TheUnkown to leave the country just like his father had asked of him. He can still remember the words like they were yesterday.

"Son, when the times comes and I meet my demise, I want you and your ma to leave this country and never return until the time is right."

"..But dad, when will I..."

"Trust me boy, you'll know."

"Well, ok sir.. If you say so."

Right about that time, TheUnkown's father received a phone call.. "Family business" as he walked out the door.

Several years later

TheUnkown had grown into a teenager by now and his father was clearly the bread winner, Unknown was living a good life he had everything he wanted. His father always told him not to talk about business, so he never asked.. But he was making good money. The new house was kind of strange, had all these hidden doors and barred up windows.. It was different, not a house Unknown had ever saw before.

It was a nice summer evening in Inglewood, Unknown was sitting in his room reading through some things.. Mostly newspaper articles about gang violence.. He never thought much of it even though he could hear gunshots in the night at times.

Though, this time the gunshots were just a little closer to home, there had been an explosion on one the outside walls of the house Unknown saw all kinds of guards rush for it from his bedroom window. Unknown rushed downstairs to the living area where he had heard a gunshot and his father lay dead and the assailant had already disappeared. It was a matter of minutes and the home fell silent again. The slug had pierced his father's skull, he never stood a chance, quick, clean, and professional.

TheUnknown's next task in the silent chaos that his own state of shock put him in was to find his mother. Last he knew she was in garden out in back watering her plants.. After she heard the explosion and the gunshot, she had already known.. Her body had entered a state of shock as well as cardiac arrest.. She never made it.

So that left Unknown there all by himself, his father's guards had scattered and caught rumor that all of his father's friends were dying where they stood. Something clicked in Unknown's head at that moment, he headed down to the basement in the old bar that Unkown's father and his friends would go for a good time. Unknown always wondered what those pictures of people on the wall meant.. His father always called them "friends of ours" though that never made sense to TheUnknown.

Unknown took all of the photos off the wall and ran up to his room and began packing his bags and he put the framed photos in with his luggage.. He ran downstairs and emptied his father's pockets.. He gathered his 1911 handgun, and his wallet.

TheUnknown looked for cash in his father's wallet and didn't find any, he did however find a note when titled to him.

Son,

If you're reading this, you are either trying to steal money from my wallet.. In which case get the hell outta here before I slap you silly! Or, the most likely.. You have found me dead, I want you to read this address and go there.. Money will be waiting for you. Now go.

TheUnkown took his dad's car to the address, he wasn't legally able to drive.. But he just fled a murder scene so...

TheUnknown was a approached by a shadowy figure and was handed $35,000 and was told to meet a man named AlexTurner in NY.. He wasn't expecting Unknown, but him and Unknown's father must've known eachother.

Uknown met with this Turner fellow, nice guy.. He took Unknown being fully aware he would be leaving the country. TheUnknown stuck around in NY for quite some time as there was this officer that owed his father a debt, Unknown took a bus back LA where his home once was to track down this officer.

Unknown milked what he could from this officer until they were busted by the department and "dispatched" you could say.

Unknown walked back into the home he once lived in, condemned now and tattered.. He wondered downstairs by the bar and found an old bottle of liquor from the bar and a glass.. He treated himself to a drink or two.. He pulled the framed photos of his father's friends out and examined them... He opened up the backside of one of the frames and noticed some writing. They were the mailing addresses to the kin of those Unknown's father had known best. Upon further inspection they all had a letter that all had an identical written out letter.

Unknown felt he knew what he wanted his father to do at this point, and he went and robbed the local post office of their package envelopes to hold the framed photos and the letters.

Unknown returned to the old home-place, sat down and began writing out the addresses on the envelopes...

To the kin of Starscream

To the kin of TomFord

To the kin of Jailbait

To the kin of Anerxomounos

To the kin of Calisto

To the kin of Capitalist

To the kin of BellaSangre

To the kin of Moloch

To the kin of Midnight-Legacy

To the kin of Whorable

To the kin of Smurf

To the kin of FatTony

To the kin of Supernova

To the kin of Wreckin-Homes

To the kin of K_Alucard

To the kin of Ken_Kitano

To the Kin of Jacob

To the kin of Kangeroo

To the kin of Fipster

To the kin of Zinner

To the kin of Mademoiselle

Then it dawned on him.. He didn't even get a chance to see what the letter say..

Dear children of the Misfits,

If you are receiving this letter, then I am willing to bet one of your relatives have deceased recently.

You are probably receiving this letter by the kin of one of those deceased recently, I will have you know that this letter was written by someone who knew your kin on a closer scale.

I just want you know, your kin were a part of something far greater then themselves, that is where the term family comes from.. You will understand this meaning someday if you follow in their footsteps, you should be proud of the things they have done, they were all very impressive people. To the one that is the kin of Jailbait, I would like you to know that he introduced to what once was the Misfits.. The best decision of my life, and I will forever be grateful to the man even in my grave.

I could drag this on and on all day about each of your kins' stories and great things they did for me, but.. I am sure they kept their records and I suggest taking a look, as there may be some interesting things.. Especially if you are related to Kangeroo!

On a final note, I caught your relatives on the flip-side.. And we reside with the Angels now.. Guess being in the City of Angels had perks.  Good luck young ones with your new future, and sorry for your loss..

With much regards from a man who knew your kin.. We died happy people, trust me on that.

TheUnknown folded up the last letter and slid it into the envelope with the framed photo and meanders to another Post Office to send them away to their respective new owners.

TheUnknown visits the old home place one last time before heading to the docks to catch the next boat out.. On the way, he stops and the place his father is buried, Unknown strolls up to all too familiar grave.. He kneels down by the grave that reads:

Here lies Kill-The-Irishman, Misfit in, Misfit out

We'll catch you on the flip-side.

Unknown once asked his father why he always said "we'll catch you on the flip-side" instead of "goodbye"

"Well, I will tell you son, it is because goodbye's are forever.. The flip-side could be later at the bar, around the corner.. Or someday in Heaven.. That's why."

TheUnknown had pulled out the last photo that was Kill-The-Irishman's, he leaned up against the grave and walked away.. He had a slight grin on his face knowing his father lived a good life and would not regret a minute of it..

TheUnknown approached the boat the was going to take him back to the old country, where he had uncles and aunts waiting for him.. As he walked up the gangplank.. He looked back and what is the United States.. With a slight grin and a little chuckle he whispers under his breath

We'll catch you on the flip-side..

Report Post Tip

Obergeist opens the letter he received and started to cry... It reminded him of his father and all of their friends that died on that obscure day... Obergeist then proceeds to grab a pencil and start writing a response right away.

''Dear Unknown. Our fathers worked together for a long time, this time allowed them to know eachother as real friends and for that i really appreciate. My father wasn't a normal guy, he was crazy i admit and therefore it wasn't easy to go along him, many thanks, i'm sure your friendship meant a lot to him. I knew your father, he was an great man. He deserved a lot more than the Misfits could offer but still he stood with us until the end. That's the real fraternity, that's family.

Also i'd like to pay my respect to all of the Misfits. If everything my father told me is true, then, i'm sure, it was the best experience he ever had. Somehow, even being a toddler at the time, i could feel the friendship and the love among every member. The way they cared for my father and respected him was something to live for, it inspired me to be better and better as his son to one day be greater than him.

During my earlier years i've heard a bunch of names in our house such as Starscream, popa's boss, JailBait, Anerx and CookieZombie, the very best friends of popa. Then time passed and many other friends were poping on our doors, such as TomFord, Mademoiselle, Kill-The-Irishman, Fipster, Jacob, Zinner, capitalist and many other names. I really want to thank everyone of you for the best moments of my father's life.''

Obergeist grabs another piece of paper and starts writing another letter, this time it was meant to StarScream's son.

''Dear Scream Junior, i want you to know your father was the best thing that ever happened in my father's life. You cared for him like one of your own, you tought him and you protected him until the very end. You have built one of the most solid empires in our history. The bounds of Misfits were as strong and shiny as diamonds. It, for sure, was one of the strongest cities that existed. Not so many people will know what you had and what happened behind the courtains, but i can feel it was something very big and awesome. The way he kept telling me stories made me belive many Godfathers would do anything to have such an awesome city. Thanks a lot Scream. You were the best no matter what people tell or told. You must carry on, always one, never broken.''

Obergeist takes another sip of his gin and starts to cry as he remembers of the good moments he saw his father as the happiest man ever...

(OOC)

Seriously, nothing, in these 7-8 years of MR, nothing THAT I SAW OR LIVED can be compared to the Misfits. We were and still are an family. Nothing will break it apart. That's why MR is the best game ever. It comes to a point that you are so close to your fellow player that it matters how his rl problems are going and being held, we share times of happines and moments of pure fun. We are a fucking real family! (Except theres no dad or mom or even sex between us) lol. I wont forget you guys! The legend of the misfits will run all around the globe!!

Yeah yeah, we had plans for ourselfs but meh, who cares? everyone seeks something greater! I will miss this game and everyone i know! Time for a break!!!

Much loves, Calisto.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Bowie stands facing his fridge. He opens the letter and reads it's contents, tears slowly streaming down his flawless silky smooth skin. He reads it and realizes who the letter is from, the memories flooding back from when he spent time with uncle KTI and the crew. Tears begin streaming down Bowies face as he remembers all the fun times he had with Kangeroo and Berty, then he remembers the times he caught Kangeroo and Berty... He tries to block out these memories...

Bowie wips away his tears but they remain streaming down his face, he wipes them away but they continue running down his face and onto the letter spreading the ink across the paper. He looks up to the mirror in the fridge and screams "HUMMA WUMMA FLOB COG!".

He headbutts the mirror and slides down the front of the fridge, slowly bending his back as his cheek slides upwards and he slides down. He gargles something then flops to the floor, curls up into a ball and begins crying some more. "Oh Why! KANGEROO YOU CRAZY F&$KING T^*T! Why did ye need to die on me like that! I was too young for you to die on me! Oh man.. This dude.. HOLY CRACKERS! He's the kid of KTI! Well shit". Bowie wipes some tears from his eyes at the sudden realization.

"Oh dude on the other side of this letter who I can't even hear or know what I'm saying.. My god.. The stories Kangeroo told me.. It fucked me up for life.. Sounds like he had fun though I suppose" Bowie Shrugs "This letter.. How the hell did this fucker get my address.. I've moved five times since Kanger died.." Bowie gasps slightly then runs to his front door locking it. He turns slowly and stares into space.. "Damn mutha fucker.. Kanger really had the time of his life.."

(( This tickled that really cold and dirty thing inside me.. what is it again.. heart? yea.. that's the one.. It was a really great run.. I fucking loved that character, seriously.. It was the best one I ever had and it was all down to you crazy ass beavers.. I really hope we can all get together again in the future.. We could rule the world.. We could become... The Illuminati the 2nd.

But seriously.. I love y'all.. I can't remember any of your names.. But that doesn't mean I've stopped loving or missing you :'(

))

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fresh on the Boat
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL