Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:23:32
Page:  1 
Walk this way Started by: Ghostdog on Aug 28, '14 10:41

Ghostdog took a sit on his favorite place, a coffee shop not far away from the center. There he used to relax, by having short break from work. This coffee shop was placed next to a florist shop and the mixing from coffee smell and blooming flowers was ideal partner for organizing his thoughts. He ordered his coffee, black as always, and started doing his favorite thing, sitting and watching people passing by on the streets.

In the next table some fellows were discussing about mob matters. At first the conversation wasn’t interesting, but then they started debating about how a mafioso should behave, in the streets dealing with other mafioso from different families, inside his headquarters with his associates, in his house with his family.

For one more time this was a good reason for Ghostdog to intrude in a debate, and express his feelings about it. Feelings that found their roots in the past.

Excuse me, fellas, but I would like kindly and respectfully to meddle in your interesting conversation. This is a very important matter, thus it have been an objective of analysis many times before in the past. In these mean streets we walk, day and night we should really be careful about our behavior.

I remember the advice that my grandfather gave me, when i as still a youngster dreaming of walking one day in these streets. He told me, “If you want to walk on these streets, you gotta keep your head up, your eyes in front and your ears everywhere.  Walk this way.”

I kept my head up, trying not to give the opportunity to anyone to disrespect me, and my family. My eyes were looking only for the things that really matter to me, only in front of me. I avoided looking on other’s people’s matters, but i surely kept my ears everywhere, to collect all information I could that only thing that would help me in a difficult situation. To know things, things who affect people.

Back to our topic, The behavior of a mafioso. A mafioso can hardly being controlled. He messes with everybody, he is used with the idea to die, so he fears almost nothing. So what is left for him? Honor. To live with honor, to die with honor.

To succeed that, you must treat to others with respect, no matter what is their place in this world. Of course only for as long as they don’t cause to you trouble. To help the young mobsters to find their way, and to learn the true values of being member in a crew- Family. And at last, always to take care about your wife, about your kids.Spend time with them, as for, in the end, you are just a man.

Protect your family, from guns and from the evil that might want to poison your life. Your real family, and your mafia family. Sometimes, there will be situations you have to let it go, to move on, without a second thought. You are there to survive, so walk this way.

lost in his  thoughts Ghostdog drunk the last drop from his coffee, turned his head towards the two fellas and smiled

So, would you like to add something?

Report Post Tip

Johnny Bravo paid much attention to Ghostdog's words. It was a pleasure to hear stuff he agreed with, from a good friend.

Hey there Ghostdog. Seems that you have kept your ethics in top form since we got back here from the motherland. I agree almost on everything. I only want to add something.

Talking about respect. Respect is commonly confused with obedience. Just because someone is in higher social status than you are, you must respect him. If, however, it happens to be yourself being in the higher social status, you can be condescending or even rude and sarcastic. It's really common in our world. We all have probably went through it at least once.

So, to get to the point. Respect is about interacting with others the way you want others to interact with you. Before you act in a certain way, think. Would I be fine with it, if it was done to me?

We tend to think this way only for the good deeds we do. We are losing the substance of co-surviving. I strongly believe that If everyone acted as if it was going to be himself in the end, we would have a slightly better world.

I don't know why we are all here, but we could improve our lives by abiding to some simple ethics. Sorry for by bad English.
As most of us, I am an immigrant to these streets.

Johnny steps down with a slight smile on his face. He goes on and gives his friend, Ghostdog, a warm handshake and goes back to his coffee.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Walk this way
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL