Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 23:10:38
Page:  1 
Hit List Fun or Annoyance Started by: Whatsername on Aug 31, '14 23:05

Whatsername was lying in bed fast asleep, a knock came upon her door. She grabbed her dressing gown and opened the door. There stood Tetley her right hand.

Whatsername, we have just received word, Tyler Durden has amassed his biggest group yet. He is coming to try to take over this thing of ours. It has to be all hands on deck from all six cities to stop him.

Whatsername took a second to think about this and to wake up a little more. Alright Tetley tell our guys to be ready. Let’s take down these men and women before they destroy everything we have worked for. We’ll work together as a crew, district, city and with all Mafiosi to take this threat down.

Whatsername then got dressed and grabbed her gun. She knew it’d be a long day but was ready for the excitement. Just as Tetley had said all six cities had people on the lookout, Tyler’s crew was falling in numbers one by one and the Mafiosi had not taken one loss yet. As time went on she started getting reports from her crew. As her members were locating targets and placing them on the hit list others were removing these hits and causing frustration and bad feelings among Mafiosi. Was this how Tyler was going to win? Tyler and his men would not need to fire a shot if their presence was going to cause distrust and anger among those they were trying to defeat.

Slowly but surely reports came in, those removing the hits were being seen. Crewleaders were informed and now had to deal with talking to their members about things that should not have been needed to be said. Whatsername quickly penned a mail to all her members reminding them to put a reward on their hits. Would these childish and cowardly acts continue until this war with Tyler and his members was over or would respect be brought back to our six cities?

As Whatsername continued to ponder the annoyance of the day she wondered what others thought. She thought she would open it up to the community.

Is the buying off of hits just harmless fun or an unneeded irritation within our daily lives? What are the offenders hoping to gain other than negative attention and headaches for their leaders?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Having walked these Streets for only a few hours Brendan had yet to see a Godfather stand before him and speak. Slightly in awe, and hanging on every word, he stood there with his mouth slightly ajar and drooling. A look that was far from flattering. The words took a while to get through, but got through they did, and he slowly formed his own opinion. Not knowing his place he began to speak..

I think that in times such as these, times where targets are plentiful for all, it is an irritation for all that their hits are being bought off.

However should this have been a smaller attempted takeover then perhaps it should be viewed as tactic to hold targets for your allies. I mean if there are 120 guns in the world and 70 targets then you don't want your enemies having any do you?

Obviously you live by a mobsters code. A code which you would happily break for the safety of your family. No?

Harmless fun? Aye. There are probably those out there a bit bored and fucking up someones day is seen as a good laugh. But I know if I had one of these Durden lot lined up and saw someone else making eyes in his direction I wouldn't just shrug and walk away.

Brendan wipes the aforementioned drool from his chin before continuing

Mind, I ain't been long here. So maybe the goalposts have moved and it's now a law that hits are not bought off? I am just but a grunt. Looking to make a living. Certainly no maker of laws.

I just wouldn't dismiss the notion that this buying hits off lark is for someones gain in matters other than a bit of fun. Thats all.

Seeing a few blank faces around him Brendan scarpers before someone tries to make him look a fool for missing that bit of information.

Report Post Tip

Curtis was wandering along taking pot shots at the swathes of Durden crew member littering the streets. The epidemic was out of control and he had been doing his bit along with everyone else to help rid the country of this madness. As he waded through the blood and the guts and the beer, he heard a familiar voice. His boss' voice.

"Fuck me!" he said with a slight twinge of repetition. "The boss!"

Heading toward the sound he found Whatsername standing on the street addressing a crowd. Several mobsters trying to pay attention to what she was saying while busily reloading weapons and shooting the advancing masses like a scene from some terminally fucked-up zombie flick. 

"I have noticed this happening a bit this evening. people talking about it too. To me it isn't really much of an issue. This isn't a traditional war or covert situation between families that requires special attention so much as it is the hitlist equivalent of kids playing pranks. Trolls if you like. Sure it could be annoying but purely from a personal level it hasn't affected my participation in our collective effort to restore order to our streets."

He thought for a second while he loaded his gun and put down another advancing imbecile

"There could be greater implications for others with different views and other motivations but I can only speak for myself."

Walking over to Whatsername he handed her a box of bullets and told her to be careful before heading back into the bloody hideousness.

Report Post Tip

Visas listened to Whatsername speak she herself had noticed the removeing of the lists had had reports from her own crew about this being done yes it was irritating almost as irritating as that disease TyrionLannister had given her but thats another story.

Well Whatsername that is a very good question you put forth maybe just maybe the people whos names have been passed around to our mail boxes might be able to answer that question. As i would really like to know what they hoped to gain from it all. Is it that they never got enough attention from there parents and hoped that by pissing off half the people on here that they would get some attention? Though that type of attention i think most could do without, Yes thats a fine question should we call out to the offenders and ask them?

Visas stands to the left of Whatsername smiling

Report Post Tip

Trixie stands in the shadows observing the irritating thugs removing hits from the hitlist and wondered just what they hoped to gain from this.  Is it merely attention – albeit negative – or something more sinister?  It would seem to be a minor irritant in this thing of ours and yet, Trixie learned long ago that avoiding negative attention is usually a better way to thrive and striving to gain negative attention is a good way to get smacked around – even if the action being taken is a mere irritant in our daily lives.  It is something for those seeking attention to think on.

Trixie slinks from her shadowy hideout to more lucrative adventures – with an eye out for irritants and her finger on the trigger. 

“hehehe”

Report Post Tip

Well, definitely is fun, if someone is having fun doing it. But more amusing is to shoot people also. So, it depends on who will laugh with who. An if he is in a position to keep his respect and still make fun with someone.

In other words, when I am with my friends, no matter if they are in the same family as me, if we are not in public we can make fun and say whatever we want. But when we will be in public we should behave differently, or else other people will not respect us.

Thus in hitlist, though it is legal to buy off the hits, this is not so much of fun. Unless you have been given the right from the person you make fun to.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Hit List Fun or Annoyance
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL