Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 08:07:18
Page:  1 
The Cartel Sends A Message. Started by: Genocide on Sep 01, '14 18:30

Genocide is sitting in his office checking through some papers and sipping a glass of whisky, When his phone begins to ring. He neatens up his stack of papers and picks up his phone. The voice on the other end delivers some shameful news. Genocide thanks the man for the information and hangs up the phone. He picks up his stack of papers and places them in his draw, Lifting his glass he drinks the remaining whisky and wipes his mouth with his hand. He thinks for a moment, He shouts out to his left hand man Tizla, who swiftly enters his office and asks "Whats up boss?" . Genocide looks at Tizla with a grave expression, He speaks "I need you to bring Johnny Bravo, Fame and Balsagna in here right now" Tizla looks back concerned with Genocides expression, but nods his head and walks off to find the men. 

​Genocide waits for a moment, He then calls out for his right hand man. Sebasian comes walking into the office and takes a seat in front of Genocide on the other end of the desk. "Hey boss,What do ya need?" Genocide refills his glass and looks at Sebasian over the rim while taking a sip. He puts the glass down on the desk and begins to speak. "I just got word, one of our men violated a protection order today. They gunned down a protected man without a moments hesitation" Sebasian raises an eyebrow and lets out a deep sigh, He thinks for a moment and looks at Genocide "So what you want me to do?". Genocide hears footsteps coming down the corridor and gets to his feet. He looks at Sebasian and nods his head towards the door "Go outside, Gather a crowed" Sebasian nods his head and leaves the office. 

​Moments later Tizla comes into the office with Johnny Bravo, Fame and Balsagna, Tizla walks up to Genocide "Here they are boss, Just like you asked" Genocide pats Tizla on the shoulder and then looks to his three members. "Everybody, Follow me." Genocide leaves the office followed closely by the four men. He makes his way through the HQ and exits through the front door where Sebasian and a crowed of people are waiting. Genocide beckons Fame Johnny and Balsagna to line up to the side of him, While Tizla and Sebasian stand either side of him. 

Genocide looks to the crowed of people, He thinks for a moment. choosing his words carefully. He takes a step forward and begins to speak.

"Respect!  It is respect that keeps us alive. It is respect that keeps our streets safe, It is respect that keeps us civilized. It is respect that binds us as a community! Without respect our world comes to an end. So what happens when the line is crossed? When a man forsakes his dignity and chooses to openly disrespect many? To fracture the foundations set that makes us feel safe? To lay waste to the bonds that bind us ?"

Genocide turns his back to the crowed and walks slowly past his three men lined up in a row.

"When respect is not given, blood will always be shed. Today it pains me to announce that one of my own men failed me. One of my own god damn men chose to ignore that which means so much to us. And with his actions shame me and my family. A protection order was placed on the family of a fellow crew leader gunned down recently and their men were not to be harmed, to be allowed time to find their place in our community. it is well known that the power behind a protection order is respect. Respect to the man who places the order, respect to the crew leaders who enforce the order, and in the turn the family members who respect the order."

Genocide turns heel and walks back past the three members lined up, he passes them and turns back to face the crowed.

"When respect has disappeared from this world of ours, what will we have left other than chaos and ruin? Today I shall show all of you what happens when you cross that line, what happens when respect is absent from your actions."

Genocide turns to the three members lined up, He reaches into his coat and pulls out his revolver. He points it straight at Balsagnas's head. Genocide nod's to Johnny and fame who quickly take a hold of an arm each preventing the now squirming Balsagna from fleeing. Genocide keeping his revolver aimed at Balsagna turns his head to the crowed. 

"This man, this trusted member of my family chose to ignore me and gun down a man under a protection order. This man, Balsagna, cut the life short of a man with ample opportunity ahead of him. He took the life of an innocent, He robbed him of his future and in doing so showed a true lack of respect."

Genocide turns his head back to Balsagna and begins to approach him with his revolver still raised, johnny and Fame push him down on to his knee's as Genocide gets closer and closer, A furious and hellish expression spread across his face as he stares deep into the eyes of his member. 

​"When respect is not given......Blood will always be shed.."

*BANG*

The crowed flinches at the sudden noise of gunfire, smoke begins to rise from the barrel of Genocides revolver. He takes a step to the side so the crowed can see Balsagna still on his knees with a small hole through his forehead. Slowly Balsagna's body goes limp, and he falls backwards as blood begins to trickle down his cheek. Genocide turns back to the crowed as Johnny and Fame grab a leg each and drag the body away. Genocide slides his revolver back into his coat and buttons it up.

"I can only apologize for the tragedy today. Truly, my heart mourns for the family of the mans life who was taken. It was truly a despicable act of senseless and unjustified violence."

Genocide closes his eyes for a moment and bows his head. He takes a deep breath then opens his eyes and looks to his right hand man, Sebasian looks back at him and nods his head. he walks up to Genocide, Puts his hand on his shoulder and leans in, He whispers "come on inside boss, ill pour you another whisky" With that Genocide begins to approach the front door of his HQ. He turns to fame and points to the small pool of blood on the pavement "Get someone to clean that up, will you." Fame nods his head as Genocide disappears into the HQ and the door closes behind him.

Report Post Tip

It was early in the afternoon. Johnny had just came back to his small apartment from some hefty drug dealing. Doing his part for the family as always.
He just had lied down to his sofa when the doorbell rang in a manner that seemed alerting. Even though Johnny had a long day, he swiftly got off his feet and went to the door. Tizla was on his doorstep. His voice was as alarming as the doorbell was, moments ago.

"Hey there my man. Something bad must have happened. Geno seemed really worried when he asked me to bring you, Fame and Balsagna to him. The other two are already outside his office. Did you do anything stupid?", Tizla asked with a face that betrayed his worries.

"No Tiz. I haven't been in anything other than the ordinary. We should hurry. Genocide doesn't heat up without serious reason.", Johnny said and took his coat. Thankfully, his apartment was right next to the family's headquarters.

A few minutes later, all four of them (Tizla, Fame, Balsagna and Johnny) were out of Genocide's office. His doors where shut. A minute later, SebasianSky came out of Genocide's office looking as if he was in a hurry. They go inside Geno's office and he immediately asks all of them to follow him to the streets. While Genocide was giving a speech about respect, Johnny exchanged a look with Fame and both of them realized something serious had happened.

As soon as Genocide hold the revolver in front of Balsagna's head, he immediately reached out to stop him from moving. So did Fame. It didn't take long before Genocide shot him through the eyes. They took the body away and then Geno asked Fame to find someone to clean that mess.

Before Genocide was about to enter his office, Johnny gently stopped him.

"Boss. I know this is a bad day for you. I, for one, know for sure that this was one of the most difficult tasks you had to put with. I know you hold family above all and will strive to protect it at all costs. This was the main reason I chose to follow you back in the day. But what Balsagna did, was unforgivable. We would betray our own morals, if we somehow pushed this under the dust. I want you to know that all of us at the Cartel will do our best to never let you down like this. I don't want to burden you furthermore with my babbling. If you need anything, I'll be down in the bar having a drink."

Genocide nodded to Johnny and withdrew to his office along with Sebasian.

Report Post Tip

It was a gorgeous sunny afternoon, not a cloud in site as the North Side of Chicago started to steam with commotion. People were congregating outside of the El Diablo headquarters, as DinoCrocetti was looking out of his nearby studio window. He saw a few men hurrying into the building, then a moment later they exited the building, but with serious concern on their faces. Dino's curiosity peaked and the whiskey was kicking in, so he thought he'd go see what all the fuss was about.

After locking his Studio door and turning to walk down the street he could hear a single word, blare out over the congregations musings.

"Respect!" Shouts a familiar voice, with intense authority.

A few moments later, as Dino approaches the outskirts of the crowd, he sees three men standing up against the HQ. Then another sentence echos across the crowd.

​"When respect is not given......Blood will always be shed.."

Then a loud gunshot pierces the now silent crowd, as Balsanga's limp body contorts on the ground from muscle twitches.

Dino starts thinking to himself,
"I've only just begun my journey as a member of the El Diablo Cartel, I can only hope to live up to the boss's expectations."

Dino stands in his tuxedo contemplating on what the man could have done to upset Genocide,when he over hears two people talking to each other say "So Balsanga was responsible for that unauthorized wack?"  "You'd of thought he'd known better."

Dino took this information to heart, vowing to never end up like Balsanga. His father taught him about respect and dignity and about taking care of what needs to be done. Dino remembers him always saying "Son, sometimes you've got to get your hands dirty, to set things right. Even if that means doing something you don't enjoy doing."

With that thought stuck in his head, Dino thought it would be a good idea to go speak with the Boss. After watching him and the others walk into the HQ, Dino decides to follow. When he gets there he see's the four men sitting at Genocide's desk.

"How's it going, Boss, Fella's? I just saw what happened out there. You could say the man got the punishment he deserved. Now that all the messy business is done with, for the day, how about you fella's come down to Club Corcetti and let me make you guys a drink?"

Dino tucks his tuxedo down as he takes a drag from his cigarette.

Report Post Tip

Having watched the bloody spectacle Curtis walked up the steps and past the trail of blood left behind the recently dragged corpse. He had seen scenes like this in the past and was actually pleased to see such an event. Heading inside Genocide's building he made his way through to the boss' officesaying hello to Tizla, Fame and Johnny on his way past. Entering the boss' office he smiled.

"Hello again my friend. I was outside in the crowd when you gave Balsagna the good news. I just wanted to say I appreciate you doing that."

He looked around the finely decorated room and back at Genocide's intrigued expression. 

"Really, its not out of any macabre lust for blood or anything like that. Or even anything personal, I knew neither of the people involved in the incident. I am pleased because I have been in that position in the past and was left with no choice but to do exactly what you have. I know it is hard and requires some ruthless fortitude to make such an example. But it must be done.

I won't stay here all day wasting each other's time. I'm sure you must be busy and lord knows I have my share of shit to attend to. Suffice to say, well done."

Curtis shook Genocide's hand with warmth and respect and headed toward the door.

"Take care my friend, see you soon."

Report Post Tip
CristianoRonaldo just arrived back in Los Angeles and back to his Head Quarters in Savannah his maid Juliet comes over with a note in her hand and hands it to him

On the note it reads
Call Genocide Urgent!
Cristiano quickly picks up the phone and calls his old friend from North Side

"What's the matter are you going to war ?? Are ok yeah I think that's the right thing to do I would do the same in that situation. There was a protection order and he went against it."

Cristiano the hangs up the phone and goes back to drinking his Moonshine
Report Post Tip

Sky was sitting in Genocides office after all the dust settled, having a drink with the boss he was taking it pretty hard. Genocide never liked losing a member no matter the reason, all he could ever see was their potential never the mistakes that were made. It was the reason why Sky and the entire Cartel genuinely respected him, not just his position but the man behind the title.

Sky had just finished his whiskey when Dino popped in to invite them down to his club, Sky got up and grabbed a bottle of Genocides finest whiskey and with a sad smile he said "I'm gonna take this if you don't mind" Putting on his hat and grabbing his cane Sky walked past Dino patted him on the shoulder. "That's a great idea man, no way to build bonds and raise ones spirits than having a few drinks with your family."Looking at Genocide the way he always did when he was going to step into his big boy pants "And i will be expecting you there as well no time to mope about, besides i owe you a few for this bottle " With that all was quiet except for the tap of Sky's cane as he walked down the hall.

Going outside Sky sees the stain of where Balsagna bled out, reaching out with his cane he pulls a random member close he was to busy staring at the stain to notice who. " Go down to the Funeral parlor and have them throw the nicest funeral possible with Balsagna in the nicest suit possible, have them put it on my tab" when the member hesitates wanting to ask something Sky smiles again "if we don't respect the living or our family we end up dead, but once were dead all we have done while alive is washed away. we will show the dead the respect that they deserve, a life gone is never good riddance we will respect and honor the things that he did for us before his mess up."

With that Sky takes a long drink of the whiskey, pulling out on of his knifes he throws it into the center of the stain sticking it into the ground. Taking off his old hat and looking at it, he remembers Balsagna telling him one day he would steal it. How it would be the perfect crime, he had tried many times only to fail. But this time and only this time he would win, Sky places the hat on the hilt of the knife and heads towards Dino's Club drinking the fine whiskey all the way.

Report Post Tip

The sun was beaming down upon the North Side of Chicago. Choctaw was sitting down enjoying a nice glass of ice cold water, trying to cool himself down in this scorching heat. As he was sipping away at his water, A gunshot echoed throughout the North Side. Choctaw jumped and started to choke on his drink. Spluttering and coughing he raised his ear towards were the gun shot originated. It seemed to come from the El Diablo headquarters. Choctaw ran towards the HQ taking his gun out of his belt, pulling it towards his chest. As Choctaw opened the door he is stopped right in his tracks by a bloody corpse, The face was white with a hole through the centre of his forehead. People in the room were talking among each other. Choctaw wanted to know what was being said so he eavesdropped to the whispering talk.

Choctaw got all the information he needed. This lifeless corpse was Balsagna, shot and killed someone who was protected under a order by Genocide. Choctaw remembers back to the story of his Grandfather T-Man, who was given the task to shoot a local gangster who disrespected a Godfather. But T-Man accidently shot a minor and killed him. This mistaken identify cost 2 lives. As misfortune as it was T-Man ran to his family's RHM and confessed straight away. My Grandfather faced up to the consequences and was shot. Choctaw then realised that some people have deliberately shot and killed over grudges. Choctaw walked out the same door he came in, just as a cleaner came in to clean this mess up. 

"I don't know how you're gonna get that blood out of the carpet" Choctaw chuckled to himself.

Report Post Tip

PaulyD  stepped up with a smile on his face he extended his hand to Genocide before giving him a hug.

It is never an easy decision removing someone from your family but when breaking the laws of this life you have to pay the price somehow whether it's shooting at sponsored members or breaking a protection list like this situation.

Simply put you did what was the right call in this situation what I myself would have done simply but a bullet in the man and move on.

There is plenty to shoot out there these days anyhow there is no excuse for this.

PaulyD shakes Genocides hand

I salute you don Genocide and wish you all the best

PaulyD then slipped back into the crowd his bodyguards surrounding him before running off

Report Post Tip

As he went about his daily business Major_Beard was struck by the sad yet unevitable scene.

Taking a break from the cigar he held in his mouth he paused for a moment and then proceeded to contribute with his opinion:

"I remember growing up beside my grandfather. He was a promising figure in an important family in the past. Like most who choose this path he ended up dead in a mob war. Still back then times were different. I remember he was afraid to even talk to his Don, fearing he would let a wrong word slip and end up shot. I might be seen as old fashioned and i indeed am. But i feel like today's youth lack a certain respect. Sure a friendly chat with your Boss is harmless enough. Even beneficial. Still i've seen mobsters picking their bosses pockets and every one laughs about it at the end of the day. Maybe there is something wrong there. Just maybe"

Finishing his little rant, Major felt like there was nothing more to be said. He went on to resume his cigar smoking.

Report Post Tip

As she'd been going about her business, Maria had noticed SebasianSky gathering up a crowd. Ever curious, Maria had checked her watch and seen that she was in no particular rush to get to her next business meeting. She had a clear hour and a half before it started, and she always liked to be fashionably late to that type of meeting. She was due to be reviewing the protection arrangements with at a jewelry shop, about a twenty minute walk away, but the arrogant windbag of an owner seemed to feel as though he deserved a better deal than Maria cared to give him. Turning up late was her answer to his arrogance - best to keep the little rat on his toes. If he thought Maria was going to drop his protection deal, he might be more damned amenable to paying up. So it was with a curious smile on her face that Maria walked over and joined the crowd around SebasianSky. 

As she stands and waits and watches, Maria see's Genocide make his way out of his head quarters with several of his men with him. Now truly curious, she tries to figure out what on earth might be going on here. Were they starting a boy band? Or perhaps going to act out a play? Confused, Maria pushed her sunglasses up into her hair, so that she might get a better view of proceedings. 

Listening to Genocide say his piece on respect, Maria finds herself agreeing with him. Although she didn't totally agree with the way that many of the protection orders that existed in this world were set up, and had found herself speaking out against them on a number of occasions, she agreed wholly that the protection orders that were set, for better or for worse, had to be respected. To speak out against the way they were set was one thing, to disregard them and feed your gun on the blood of the innocent was another entirely. 

Knowing what was coming, knowing the course of action that Genocide had gathered this audience to take, Maria bowed her head, but didn't take her eyes from the scene playing out before her. The ultimate disrespect, she felt, would be to close her eyes against Genocide's lesson. She could even go as far as to say that it would disrespect his fallen member to look away as he met his fate. 

As the shot is fired, she barely even flinched. Death might not be pleasant, but it was part and parcel of the way of life they all had chosen, and would come to them all. Fearing it made little sense, hiding from it even less and trying to ignore it less still. Letting out a small sigh, and wondering, not for the first time, whether or not she might have become de-sensitized to the death and destruction that ran rampant through the mafia lifestyle that she had been born and raised into, she makes the sign of the cross on herself and mutters "Lord have mercy on his soul". Maria wasn't as devout a Catholic as those born in the old country, but at times like this, the Catholic in her was never far from the surface. 

Maria turned to Genocide, as he prepared to make his retreat back inside to his office. Feeling as though his lesson should be acknowledge, she compelled herself to speak. 

Genocide, it takes an honorable man to stick to their convictions to this point. Lessons can be made more subtly than this, I'm sure, but today you've made a statement to the world and showed that you stand for something. That's more than we ever see from a lot of leaders out here, so I thank you for that. It's a refreshing change. I wish you and yours the best in moving on from this.

Maria checks her watch once more. Noticing how time has crept on while she's been watching the events of the day unfold before her, she says her goodbyes and hurries off on her way to "negotiate" terms with the jeweler. 

Report Post Tip
Johnny woke up in the early morning hours, he had planned to go meet up with Sonny his best friend. Sonny and Johnny had ran into a Cartel family member the day before while hustling the streets trying to make some money. There was a truck coming in the next morning carrying smokes, the Wise Guy had said. Johnny put on his black slacks which ran up his leg a bit due to the fact that they were hand me downs. He slipped on a white T-shirt with a blood stain on the bottom left from when he squabbled with the neighborhood bully and had to wipe his busted lip. He put on his beat up black sneakers afterwards, he didn't care. To him, looking good didn't have anything to do with making money. Johnny set off down the street, it was still dark out, the street lamps were on. Well the ones that weren't busted out at least. He met up with Sonny around the corner, sonny was a rebel. He sported tattered clothes, not because he was poor but because he wanted to be different. They both headed down the street to where the load was supposed to arrive, like clockwork the truck pulled up. A man stepped out, saluted Sonny and walked off. Johnny and Sonny started pulling cartons of cigarettes out. The job was to unload the truck to all available customers, give all the money made to Genocide and receive a reward.

No sooner then they had started unloading, customers were arriving. There were civilians, workers, cops, mayors, prostitutes,drug dealers, all walks of life. Nobody asked questions like why was there kids selling the smokes. Nobody fucked around either, knowing who the truck belonged too. The sun was coming out as they were selling the last carton, it was time to see Genocide.

Scared shitless, the boys made their way to Genocides HQ where they arrived just in time to hear a loud bang ring out through the silence. Genocide had just killed one of his family members. Johnny was so scared he rolled up the money, ran up to Genocide and put it in his hand without making a sound. Johnny and Sonny then started running Home.

"Did you see that Sonny"? Said Johnny

"Yeah, I wanna grow up and be just like him" replied Johnny

"Me to" whispered Sonny.
Report Post Tip

As the shot rang out, Tizla took a brief moment to reflect over what had just gone down.

Balsagna had been great member of the cartel Tizla thought. He had been more than just a good earner, he been a friend. He was always around the HQ at the right time, telling jokes or handing out the first round of beers after a hard days hustle.

But Bals had messed up. Whether he was drunk, clipping someone with a stray bullet fired into a laneway, or a simple case of mistaken identity, it didn't matter matter. He'd fucked up. He knew the rules, we all know the rules, he should have had better self control.

Tizla watches as Genocide and SebasianSky walk back towards to the cartel HQ and cant help but feel a deep sense of pride.

"Mistakes like these are common place, they're embarassing for all involved and therefore normally handled behind closed doors. But it takes a great deal of conviction to come out to these streets and remind everyone of the real cost." Tizla thinks to himself.

After snapping back to reality Tizla overhears Johnny_Bravo tell the boss he's heading over to the bar. Tizla quickly catches up to Johnny, elbows him in the shoulder and says 

"I got the first round mate! But after we've had couple here for Bals, why don't we head down to @DinnoCrocetti 's new place? I hear that's where all the best ladys are drinking now!"

Report Post Tip

As soon as Tizla makes the suggestion, Johnny already feels a bit lighten up.

"Sure mate. Let's head over to DinoCrocetti ' s place. I need a drink. Should we give a heads up to SebasianSky in case he wants to join us?"

Johnny went on and lighted up a cigar and as always, offered his close friend one. Tizla took it, lighted up too and they both went on their way to Dino's place.

Report Post Tip
Texas is sitting at the bar having a beer, he couldn't believe what just happened in the streets. He had done many jobs, and had seen enough murders to make the average man have nightmares or even drink himself to death, but nothing of this magnitude. There was a fine line between taking out somebody who was fucking with the family, and hurting your own family. He remembered to back in the day when the mobsters would do whatever they wanted, or at least that's the way he saw it in his eyes being a little boy and such. That man must have really crossed the line with Genocide for him to get what he got. There's only one word for it, Fear. Nobody is safe in these streets if you wanna live that lifestyle, Genocide just sent that message with his revolver, and that bullet had a lot to say. Respect is everything.

Just then Texas spotted Tizla and Johnny_Bravo entering the bar to which he stood up respectfully introduced himself and let the bartender know that everything they were drinking was to be put on his bill. He sat at the bar in deep thought after that.

"Anyone could use a drink after that display" he thought as his mind slipped deeper into madness.
Report Post Tip

On this nice day in Chicago Fame was hanging out in his recently new appartment that he bought after his promotion. He was a couple of days away from the business to decorate and to make his place feels comfy. Finally finished he want's to poor in a well-earned whiskey but a big bang comes from his door. Fame immediatly took his shotgun, but than he realized it was a familiar voice, it was Tizla.

The first thing Fame thought that he did something wrong, but than realized he was only moving to a new appartment and there wasn't possibly something that he could have done wrong. With all the adrenaline rushing through his vanes he asks: "is it you Tizla?" Tizla responded with: "ofcourse it is me, open the door, the boss wants you in the office immediatly."

Fame putts his shotgun back to closet and asks Tizla what is wrong. Tizla said there was something going on and it was serious. Even Tizla looked a bit frightened.

"You like my new place tiz?" Fame asked to kill some time on the way to the HQ.

Tizla was clearly in a hurry and Fame saw Tizla was concerned, so Fame didn't asked again and they both rushed to the HQ.

Finally arrived at the HQ Genocide's face had only one clear expression. Something must have gone terribly wrong. Genocide ordered everybody in the room to go outside. Outside it was crowded, but eventhough it was so crowded you could feel the sense of fear, curiosity and complete silence. When we were all outside you could hear the wind blowing through the streets, the shattered sun felt down on the heads of everybody that was waiting. Then Genocide started speaking: about respect. Fame could only agree with the words the boss told. In a sudden Fame was shocked when Genocide turned and pulled out his revolver. Fame clearly sees that the gun is pointed to Balsanga's head and knew what to do. He felt an immediate feeling of anger because he then realized what Balsagna has done. While Genocide gave a blink towards Fame and Johnny_Bravo, Fame didn't hesitate and grabbed his Balsagna's arm strongly. With a weird feeling of pride he felt a little bloodspatter on his cheek while Genocide pulled the trigger.

And so it was done. The signal was given to all the crowed and members of the cartel. Fame looked at Johnny_Bravo,Tizla and SebasianSky for a brief moment and nod's, all with the same understanding. We did what we had to do.

Genocide walks up to fame and asks him to clean up the mess. Fame told Genocide with a proud voice: "You did what had to be done, there was no other way and you did the right thing".

Fame then went to the cleanservice that was around the corner. Fame didn't had to ask a thing, everybody noticed what happened. After that Fame went to join his brothers. With his new appartment he hadn't spoke with them in a while. He then heard that DinoCrocetti had a new place as well, so Fame went over there to finish his well-earned whiskey.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Cartel Sends A Message.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL