Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:56:14
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Ponte Acardi Suit shop Started by: Toyfriend on Sep 06, '14 14:04

It was a cold, dark, November night as I walked along the streets of the Bronx, my hair slicked back behind my ears and a scarf keeping the cold from touching my neck. 

Inside my long trench coat was a package tucked into a side pocket.  Earlier that day my uncle Vinni had handed over the package to me along with a piece of paper with all the information I would be needing to know.  I had no clue what was in the package only that I must deliver it to a park just outside the city at exactly eight pm.

That night, around a quarter till eight, I walked across the Cruge Ave.  Suddenly two masked men came and pulled a gun on me.  They screamed to hand over the package.  Of cource i was prepared for those scumbags and out of nowhere there its was.......My Cold M1911......

*BANG* *BANG* two headshots and the thieves fell to the ground in there own pools of blood.

The police had heard the shots and came around the corner, quickly I ran into a store called Ponte Acardi.

I looked around and saw an upscale clothing store specializing in suits.  The owner knew what had happened and then hide me in the back of the building, denying to the police that anybody was around.  After the police left we started talking, but i had to go. 

So i left.  ​I dropped my package off quickly. 

Over the next few weeks I came increasingly to Vico (the owner) to visit.  There, I met some familiar names such as Cino and Lady Fighter and The first lady in the back room. I had some nice conversation with others and become friends with the people in the
backroom.

I soon came to realize that this was no ordinary store, it happened here...It all started here, no more small deliveries.  No, this was it this was the real business.  It was all happening. And it was all happening now!

A dark mess, with a quality shop as collateral.

So, welcome to Ponte Acardi suit shop

A shop with some brand new hand made quality suits from Italia.
Experience sartorial bliss with our masterfully crafted collection of personally tailored suits.

There is not much to say, only to see.

Price list:

- One suit for $1.000.000 or 2 credits
- A crew crest for $5,000,000 or 11 credits
  For family of any crew I've designed for, a special price for each $750,000 or 1.5 credits
- For citizens from New York a special discount of 10% each suit.

Are you interested?

Leave a mobmail with your specifications like

- Name on the suit

- URL to the picture you want (look for examples on: www.deviantart.com)

I will reply as quick as i can. 

When the deal has been made I ask that you send me the money and I will start to prepare your suit.

Example suits can be found HERE

Report Post Tip

Alex hears about an old business starting back up. A renowned suit maker shop

Damn I love what you have done with the shop friend.

Glad to see you back in business Toyfriend. Glad there is now a shop open again especially for suits, its been missed around these parts not having someone around these streets here to take our requests. Italian made suits? Love it! I shall come round again in a few days with an order.

Alex gives a nod and exits the shop.

Report Post Tip

Welcome Mr AlexTurner,

Here's a glass of bubbles for the opening!
As the matter of fact all the clothing fabric comes from italia indeed.

I will be here in the shop whenever you need me.
Im have to excuse myself, an other customer is waiting for his suit.

Good to see you again Mr AlexTurner

Report Post Tip

TheSorryJew heard that his friend started up a suit business and sped off to find it.

''Very nice shop I must say!'' TheSorryJew smiles and nods. ''And my suit is excellent! I will definitely recommend this shop!''

Report Post Tip

perhaps this should be in the business district.....

Report Post Tip

Nestea, I appreciate that this is a business, but I don't see why it "should be in the business district". If it goes in the business district, Toyfriend restricts his possible visitors to foot traffic through that particular city. To maximize his profits, why shouldn't he come out here onto our streets to advertise his skill? He's certainly not harming anybody, and it's a coherent enough speech, unlike some of the baffling garbage that some people seem to have a particular proclivity towards spewing out here. 

Maria drops to the ground with a crippling case of OOCitis.

This also isn't really an RP business. Toyfriend has done well to RP it to make it work for his street advertisement here, but there's an actual transaction taking place, rather than a role played one. So on that basis, it seems harsh to restrict it to a business district.

Maria suddenly snaps out of her OOCitis, and jumps back up, dusting herself down. 

Toyfriend, I wish you well in your business venture. My own suit is starting to feel a little shabby, so perhaps I'll be getting in touch with you sometime soon.

Report Post Tip

*looks up from behind his sewing machine because somebody throws open the door*

Im sorry Nestea that my behaviour is bothering you but since im a business men i would like to spread the word on the streets to get more customers in my new shop. But if you dont like all the attention, you should consider to walk through the other way instead of taking the way next to my shop. Anyway can i help you out with a new suit perhaps?

*Maria walks in*

Welcome to the shop Maria, here is some champange to celebrate the new opening!
When you got some time you can pop in the shop and me and the tailors will design a new kind of fashion specialy for you!

Excuse me madam but i have to finish this suit before 5.

*Nods to Maria and leans back behind his sewing machine*

Report Post Tip

Taking a break from a busy schedule, PaulHeyman was doing a spot of window shopping. He had been looking for a new suit for some time; his old one was showing its age, and it was high time he sought something a little sharper. On his travels, he came across a shop he had not seen before. The Ponte Acardi suit shop. It looked inviting, and Paul thought it a good idea to have a look inside. His mind was made up quickly, and he placed an order with Toyfriend.

Toyfriend, thank you very much for your work. I am very impressed with my new suit, I do find it a lot sharper than my old one and I think this will remain so for a long time to come. I would be very happy to use your shop again in the future. It comes highly recommended!

Report Post Tip

Looking even fancier and more FABULOUS in his newest suit than ever before, TheSorryJew entered Toyfriend's shop once more. He made a deep bow and gave Toyfriend a envelope full of cash.

''Yet another wonderful suit! Thanks very much my friend!''

TheSorryJew waved and walked out of the shop, smiling broadly.

Report Post Tip

Toyfriend walks through the streets and gives the bum who was sitting next to the alley a few dollars.
Stood still and enjoyed the window of his shop "Ponte Acardi".

Put the key in the hole and opens the door.
Turns the closed sign to open. 

Yet we are open again, In the weekends we got alternative openingshours but now we are open through the regular hours!
Sorry for any inconvenience!

Walks to the coffemaschine and makes an fresh cup of coffee for himself and put it next to is sewing machine.

Report Post Tip

Shrugging into his new suit, Dexter smiles.

"This one looks much better than the last, friend. Thank you!"

Dexter hands a wad of cash to Toyfriend and makes his way out into town to show off his new digs.

Report Post Tip

Ambrose had heard a lot of fuss about a new suit shop in his very own district of Staten Island and decided it was time for a new suit. Upon arrival at the store, Ambrose was greeted by Toyfriend, the owner of the shop. 

"Hello there, sir. How may I be of service for you today?" Toyfriend happily asked while shaking hands with Ambrose.

"Good afternoon, good sir. I am looking for a new suit. Something that shows my glorious achievement of being the US Champion, as well as me looking mighty fine." 

Toyfriend grins.

"You've come to the right place, sir. Follow me."

Toyfriend invites Ambrose to sit down while he goes into the back and looks out a few prototypes. After a short while, Toyfriend appears with a few sheets of paper with pictures on it.

"Are you looking for something along the lines of any of these?"

Ambrose carefully scans each of the pictures and points to the middle one.

"This one, it's perfect."

After a few hours of making the suit, Toyfriend finally appears with Ambrose' new suit and hands it over for him to try it on.

"It's a perfect fit, great job my friend."

Ambrose shakes Toyfriend's hand and hands over a brown envelope while smiling.

"Keep the change."

Report Post Tip

It's late, Toyfriend has worked deep into the night on a new masterpiece. 

Happy customers, mouth to mouth advent and a full shop. This is how you make a businessman happy. 

After a long of time thinking, sewing and cursing. may I notify to the great delight that as from today the first movie suits had been made.

Because the movie suits are quite emerging I made a special price list. 

Nowhere else will you find this quality!

Price list by 17-9-14:

- One suit for $1.000.000 or 2 credits

- Special Moviestar suit for $2.000.000 or 4 credits

- A crew crest for $5,000,000 or 11 credits including a matching suit.

Also a special discount for every member who orders a new suit in the Ponte Acardi shop get a discount of 25%  

- For citizens from New York a special discount of 10% each suit.

Report Post Tip

MementoMori was confidently walking down the street, wearing his new tailor made suit. A few of his friends complimented his new suit as they walked by, and MementoMori told them that the suit artist Toyfriend had made it for him.

Finally he reached the Ponto Acardi suit shop, entered the shop, and waved at his old friend Toyfriend.

"Good afternoon Toyfriend! I came down here today to thank you for the fine suit you've made for me. Very nice looking if you ask me. And the crew crest you designed for me is very neat as well." 

MementoMori hands Toyfriend an envelope containing the payment for his newly crafted suit and crew crest. 
As he opens the door, and is about to walk out of the shop, he turns to Toyfriend and says:

"I'll make sure to recommend your business to anyone who needs a new suit. Have a nice day!"

Report Post Tip

Morgoth walks through the door at Ponte Acardi's, stooping because of his great height. He's looking all excited to receive his ordered suit.

He sees Toyfriend coming at him, a huge suit in his arms. He gives it to Morgoth, who quickly sheds his former suit and dons his new one.

''This is fantastic! I'll finally be able to fulfill my dark lord fantasies!''

He hands Toyfriend a big wad of cash and dances out of the shop, bumping his head against the door frame while doing so.

Report Post Tip
*kid ink walks in the shop walking very proudly in his new suit*
"thank you so much for my amazing new shit Mr.Toyfriend! I love it very much and recommend anyone looking for a quality suit to visit this very talented man.
Report Post Tip

Frite had come in a few days ago and seen the signs about, leaving a message for the owner/tailor on her specifications.

Today she came to pick up her new suit, with a bit of apprehension she must add. Sure she had seen the workmanship of this man they call Toyfriend but one never truly knows how something is going to look when it's on.

After a few brief moments in the dressing room, she steps out to see herself in the full-length mirror, and she looks stunning!

Well sir, I must applaud you, you really do a fine job don't you?

She smiled and left her payment with the cashier as he headed out the door into the evening, ready for anything that came her way.

Report Post Tip

Niccolo had heard of a famous and renown suit shop over in his home city of New York and decided it was time for a change of scenery as his suit had grown...boring.

Walking into the Ponte Acardi Suit Shop he smiled at the layout and watched as some named mafiosi strolled through all looking for a new suit to wear made by the famous Toyfriend. Walking up the the counter he rung the bell and waited patiently.

"I am here first of all to say thank you for the amazing suit you have made me and it fits me perfectly. I will be sure to spread the word that your suits are more than worth the price. Thank you again."

Picking up his suit Niccolo smiled and walked out of the door, excited to put it on. 

Report Post Tip

Once again, MementoMori found himself on his way to the suit shop Ponte Acardi, this time to pick up a suit he had ordered for his good friend and Right Hand Woman ElizabethBathory. It wasn't that her previous suit had been THAT bad, but he thought a new fine suit would fit her well, and he had decided Toyfriend was the man for the job. 
He entered the store and handed his good friend a small wad of cash and Toyfriend handed him the new suit in return. 

"Thank you very much, Toyfriend. I'm sure she will love it!"

Report Post Tip

DarkAngel had heard alot about this shop. Hmmm..she could use a new suit herself..hands in pockets as She walked the busy sidewalk. She quietly made her way to the Ponte Acardi shop. People was streaminig in and out of the busy little shop. Heeled boots carried Her within the busy place. Quickly she was greeted with smiling faces of friends as they to, was looking around for a new suit.

Silently she walk along the many rows, fingers would lightly brush along the soft fabric as she passed. One peice caught her attention. A dark sinister looking woman stared at her, with blood red eyes and a long curved blade. Oh yes, this was it. With delicate hands to retrived the peice and walked over to wait in line. As she waited, she kindly greeted famailir faces until it was her turn..

Stepping up she smiled ever so kindly at Toy, before placing her desired suit on the counter, digging in her pockets she pulled out a wad of cash and placed the right amount next to the peice.

"if you would, kind Sir, I have found one that I just musttttttt have. Nothing fancy, just name on it. and no rush, just when You can get the time" DarkAngel smiled warmly at Him as he took the peice and the cash and nodded at Her...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Ponte Acardi Suit shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL