Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 09:14:01
Page:  1 
Wild Philadelphia. Started by: Curtis on Sep 07, '14 12:20

Curtis had been working in Philadelphia and although his business there had been reasonably productive, he felt the lack of any established mobs in the city was quite unfortunate. He bought one of the city's legendary cheese-steak sandwiches and sat on a corner of the city square to eat. As he did a notion came to him and he decided to gather some opinion on the matter. Finishing his food he headed home and into a popular square to talk to the people.

"I have spent some time looking at the landscape of our country and I've seen an opening for an opportunity. This might seem a little unorthodox but bare with me."

Noticing a few high ranked raised eyebrows he felt he needed to clarify before getting into the nitty gritty of the idea.

"Now I am sure the current layout of our nation's mob factions and families is well known to all involved. And I'm also very aware that the governing Godfathers may have very specific plans in place for the development of the empty spaces. Indeed there is room in Detroit but I have no doubt ChristianTheLion and others will have plans in place to expand and populate that city's empty districts. Likewise there is a plan in place for similar events in Las Vegas under Chekov. The city that drew my attention, was Philadelphia.

Philadelphia is completely open at the moment. As we saw recently there was a rather romantic attempt by Revan to take that city by force. It cost him his life but the plucky little fucker got to see his dream come true before his life was snuffed out. This got me thinking. I have a suggestion that might make for opportunities for such brave souls and indeed, some great entertainment for the community. 

Lets make Philadelphia a wild city." 

​He looked around at the quizzical expressions on people's faces. Pulling a sheet of paper from his pocket and began to read.

Wild City

A wild city would be one with no conventional rules about governance. It would be open to any entrepreneurial spirit with balls enough to go and set up there. Once someone was ranked Made or higher and eligible to set up their own crew, they would have the opportunity to go into that city and try to make a stand for themselves. Now for the basics.

Inside the city:

- Any new hopeful wishing to take up residence and establish a crew in Philly would be subject to negotiation with the crews already in place there. By words, wars or whatever. 

- The rules of the city would only be those implemented and enforced by the governing powers at the time. As regimes change so will the rules they wish to enforce.

- The external community will not be interfered with in any way. Any attack on a member or crew from outside cities will result in full scale retribution from the offended crew and (if they so chose) their district, onto the crew that perpetrated the transgression. No other crews in Philly will be touched. 

- All members of the existing community outside the city limits would still be permitted full freedom to travel and do business in the city of Philadelphia. No restrictions or interference will take place toward members of the other cities. 

- There will never be more than 3 crews per district. If a 4th emerges and does not attempt to take down one of the existing 3 within 24 hours, it should be removed by the other existing Philly crews. If this does not happen it will be removed by the Godfathers of the outside cities.

Outside the city:

None of the external community would be allowed to interfere in the events of Philadelphia any way. 

The participants in the wild city would have no protection or help with firepower or other pressure, from any of the established families outside the city. 

If anyone belonging to an existing crew, wanted to participate or join a family that had set up in Philly, they would have to leave their current family to do so. 

"This is a very basic outline of the idea but the main points are there. The city would be effectively lawless unless someone took residency there and attempted to establish and enforce their own rules. They would be totally exposed to anyone else with similar aspirations. Will it be one dictatorial tyrant that takes control or will a network of smaller crews spring up and work together against invasion? The possibilities are endless. It's a recipe for fun. After all, the willingness of people to risk their lives for a thrill has been proved in recent roulette events, so why not give it a go?"

Looking around he sees people begin to talk to each other about the idea.

"Please understand. This is just an idea. There has been no discussion from me with any of the powers that be and I am just suggesting it as a possibility. Some entertainment and excitement for the community until the ruling Godfathers decide what to do with the city. As it is just an idea, I would be very keen to hear people's opinions on it and any suggestions you may have."

Curtis takes a seat and waits to hear what people have to say.

Report Post Tip

I am Sable_Tights and I approve this message.

Report Post Tip

I think i would also support this. I personally cant see myself doing this because i really enjoy Hollywood. Great idea!

Report Post Tip

TheSorryJew looks all fancy with his crown and shit

''I like this idea, but I'm the King, and we can't have someone undermining my authority now?!''

Report Post Tip

I have to say, although there has been a lot of thought put into this and it LOOKS like a good idea on paper, I am not really one to support this notion. I have seen district/city competitions come and go (more emphasis on the go part) and they rarely, if ever work. On one hand a hardworking, well respected member of our society could be gifted the opportunity to set up and do their best in a new city, or on the other hand a total random with possibly no merit to their names (no, I don't mean elitism in bloodlines) could try and set up in chaos and try to ride the waves of debauchery and deceit.  Yes, we may have to deal with these kind of things in our lives, but certainly not to the same extent as that. 

Sorry if I may seem skeptical about this idea. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $11,500,000 Tip

Curtis listened to what Gravity had to say before replying. 

I have seen district/city competitions come and go (more emphasis on the go part) and they rarely, if ever work. 

"This isn't a competition. Its would be open free for all. Participation would be optional and there would be no prizes."

On one hand a hardworking, well respected member of our society could be gifted the opportunity to set up and do their best in a new city, or on the other hand a total random with possibly no merit to their names (no, I don't mean elitism in bloodlines) could try and set up in chaos and try to ride the waves of debauchery and deceit.  Yes, we may have to deal with these kind of things in our lives, but certainly not to the same extent as that. 

"Again, participation would be optional. So if someone that was a hard working respected member of our community decided to take part, they would do so in full awareness that they would be subject to opposition from less reputable, maverick contenders. Such are the defining characteristics of a free-for-all. It would be their choice to begin with. There would be no blame and no whining if things went wrong."

Curtis thought for a moment and saw Gravity's position from another perspective.

"I see something in what you've said there, I feel i should clarify. I should have put this in the rules I proposed instead of assuming;

The crews in this city would not act as part of the larger society as such. They would be isolated. They wouldn't participate in Godfather meetings and wouldn't have any say in anything outside of the city. They would have to accept that at the start."

Report Post Tip

I don't see this being beneficial to this thing of ours. We are living in a world that just this year saw the addition of six new spots for the mob to open up shop yet this thing of ours lacks the man power to fill them, all this would do is make the struggle worse. You'd have crews that were hard earn losing members to go off and play gangster killing each other and never truely making progress . Efforts should continue going towards rebuilding LV and DT, yes they have a man in charge but that's only in one district, there's another two in each city that deserves the attention and support of the godfather council.

Also when it comes to your rules I think for the most part they're appealing, but realistically are just not going to work. We can't have one of six cities doing their own thing, they'd have to go with the same rules the rest of world has. There's no way to stop any outside interference, that shit happens, every contest that seems to be a rule and nearly every contest the winner has been backed and supported by a outside crew or district.

Again this is appealing and like Gravity said looks good on paper but I strongly believe this would be a step back for us, maybe this contest could work being a single district in Vegas or Detroit. That's just my opinion though.

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened to BushWacked.

"That's a considered point and a relevant one. This was never meant to be a point of social structure or rebuilding. It was simply meant as optional fun for  those that fancied it. 

I agree that in terms of numbers the country needs bodies on the job and families need expansion. There is far too much empty space as you say and real building does need to happen. But watching people happily throw their lives away playing roulette in recent days for the sake of a thrill, made me think this could provide sport for those that wanted it and entertainment for the viewers. 

Your point about scale is good though, perhaps one district would be a more sensible perimeter to kick off with. Limit the scale of any ensuing fiasco." 

Report Post Tip

I must say I like the thought put in sir and I like the idea. I just feel that with things like this people get annoyed easy and outsiders can interfere too easy too; it's never left to run it's own course and I feel if something like this was to be put in place it would be hard to police, especially in times like now, with stealth BG wackers, witnesses not coming forward, and other such things.

I'd personally love to see some fresh faces given the chance to prove themselves in a city that has no outside interference and their own rules and own enforcement, I just don't think it would work, nonetheless I look forward to hearing more about it and other people's views on the matter.

With that he tips his hat and waits to see what else is to be said

Report Post Tip

Curtis nods as he listens to Drexler's input.

"This is something that the others have touched on. It would be very hard to police and very much subject to underhanded involvement. Perhaps the solution to this is to remove any attempt to police it other than to draw a line at matters inside the boundary not coming out. Rather than trying to worry about outsiders helping those inside. As you and the others have said, that is almost impossible to stop so why worry about it?

As for fresh faces given a chance. This isn't a conventional auth situation. Its a dog eat dog free for all. If someone sets up and decides they want to act like a civilized crew, present themselves in the streets and play the role, so be it. It certainly wouldn't be mandatory. Some of these leaders might be lucky to last a day. I would anticipate a significant level of volatility. Perhaps after a very tentative start. Anyway, if your primary interest is in more established chances being given to upstanding mobsters, the remaining cities and districts would be the way to go. Not this."

Report Post Tip

Personally, and like I've proposed before, DT and LV should be our priorities at the moment. If we were to take this into consideration to Philly, it would still contribute to the current problem that this country has. There's a reason that Philly is closed down from future activities, because it just isn't needed at all. 

So just based off that, I couldn't support this idea. I'd rather live up to my word that DT and LV need to be where our focus lies, but if we ever were to make those cities stable, then I think it would be more reason for us to look into the use of Philly. It's just too much at the moment in my eyes. If we were to implicate something like this into place, I feel that we would be going back to the shit time frame of where we just set up anyone to give them a chance for the hell of it. I mean, we had the room, so why not experiment? Easy to say, at least in my opinion, I think that period of time was a failure in the authing and filling category. None of those people lived and cost what they believed in to get the district to begin with.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to go back to that whole thing again, when finally, we have a more stable means of authing and distributing. I'd rather see us have more auths in our districts and auth people into the Godfather position that way, seeing it as compared to filling district just for the sake of filling districts. And filling districts just to do it, isn't something I'm going to support at all anymore. Perhaps instead of an idea for a whole city that we've shut down for good reason, maybe an idea for a solo district would be more of merit? I could see a single district idea maybe getting off the ground if it were good enough.

Report Post Tip

Curtis nods respectfully at Godfather Mako.

"I appreciate you taking the time to join this discussion. I can see your point from the position of having to manage the building and development of our society. With the problems you face in achieving your goals, no, this wouldn't make any sense. Especially on the scale initially proposed. However as BushWacked suggested, a single district would seem a more sensible scale. 

Please understand, this was never meant to be an avenue toward 'serious' families or done with a long term view to producing anything resembling a functional district. It was meant entirely as fun. More of a shoot-em-up blood bath for the foolish young and the crazy brave. Those lunatics that do not posses the drive and determination to forge themselves a serious route to real leadership. No, this was for the lunatic rouletters and bullet catching nut jobs that would rather have one month of madness and thrill than a year of real work and reward. I suppose there would have to be limits put in place to prevent any participant getting 'out of hand' so to speak. The 'game' as it would be would have to be restricted to ensure the safety of the outside world. "

Curtis thinks about the practicality of Mako's situation for a moment.

"I do see your point though. There is obviously more serious building work that needs to happen before it may be practical to run with an idea like this. having said that, even in times like this, there are always those who'd rather throw the dice and live wild for a week than join the long road." 

Report Post Tip

Personally, and like I've proposed before, DT and LV should be our priorities at the moment. If we were to take this into consideration to Philly, it would still contribute to the current problem that this country has. There's a reason that Philly is closed down from future activities, because it just isn't needed at all.

So just based off that, I couldn't support this idea. I'd rather live up to my word that DT and LV need to be where our focus lies, but if we ever were to make those cities stable, then I think it would be more reason for us to look into the use of Philly. It's just too much at the moment in my eyes. If we were to implicate something like this into place, I feel that we would be going back to the shit time frame of where we just set up anyone to give them a chance for the hell of it. I mean, we had the room, so why not experiment? Easy to say, at least in my opinion, I think that period of time was a failure in the authing and filling category. None of those people lived and cost what they believed in to get the district to begin with.

Mako honestly hit the nail right on the head. There would almost be no point in even thinking about opening Philly again due to the fact that the country is still trying to help rebuild DT & LV. I mean, I personally like the idea of this, but right now is not the time to think about expanding Philadelphia. Of course, once Detroit & Las Vegas are ALOT more stable then yes, im sure the Godfather council will focus hard on Philly, But until that time it is 10x better for the country and economy for Philly to stay closed.

However, it is good to see people coming up with ideas to help expand the country. Can't argue with that. As I say it is a good idea, but not for this moment in time. Maybe give it a while and we may see something like this implemented.

Report Post Tip

"This isn't a competition. Its would be open free for all. Participation would be optional and there would be no prizes."

I guess it's not a competition as such, but with there being at least one crew left standing at the end of each mini war/battle (or that's what we would think anyway), I just automatically classed them as a winner, at least for the time being, thus putting it as a competition in my mind. I guess you could say I was thinking, and stating it, in a very basic and generic term.

"Again, participation would be optional. So if someone that was a hard working respected member of our community decided to take part, they would do so in full awareness that they would be subject to opposition from less reputable, maverick contenders. Such are the defining characteristics of a free-for-all. It would be their choice to begin with. There would be no blame and no whining if things went wrong."

I think that my previous point was put across in a confusing manner. I didn't mean about the participation of hard working people versus just any person willing to participate, I meant that we would be taking away a place, a district, for a hard working person to be given the privilege to run their own family.

I probably am biased from the previous experiments that have gone on in the past, so for that I do apologise. All in all, I like the fact that you thought outside the box, and who knows, you may have just put something in the pipeline for after the further construction of already existing districts.

Kudos to you Sir.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $3,741,432 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Wild Philadelphia.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL