Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 14:29:26
Page:  1 
A new beginning for the suburbs Started by: Tesla on Sep 07, '14 20:11

The sun was setting over the Suburbs, the rain began to ease.The Suburbs began to light up, booming with night life. It was the same in The Gifted HQ as Tesla had been getting ready for this event  for days.Tesla invited all members of The Gifted and some special guests to the HQ hall. The hall had been excellently decorated, Round tables laid out all around the hall. Six whiter than snow chairs surrounding each of the tables. A large chandelier hung down several feet from the ceiling. It was a very sophisticated event, with some very sophisticated guests. As the guests started to fill the seats, the laughter and talking among each other begun. Most of the conversations was about the confusion of this event. Why were we here? Was it a party? Tesla was currently in his office waiting for Cherokee, whom Tesla had requested for. Tesla pulled out a cigar from the top drawer of his large oak desk, then he lit it up with a match. The cigar burned brightly but at a very slow pace. Heavy footsteps echoed in the hallway. The handle of the arch way door started to turn ever so slowly. The door swung opened as Cherokee entered. He shook hands with Tesla and then sat down.

"Help yourself to a drink Cherokee?" Tesla pointed to the bottle of scotch on his desk, that was sitting beside the glasses. Cherokee proceeded to pour the scotch into a glass before calmly sipping it. "You know why you're here?" Cherokee gave a faint smile and nodded. "It's time Tesla, isn't it" 

"Yes the guests are starting to arrived now. Take your seat beside the stage and I'll be out after my final few preparations."

Cherokee walked out into the hall and sat down. This is it Tesla thought to himself, time to announce this to everyone. Tesla's heart was in his mouth. He put out his cigar, tossing it to the ground and started tapping his fingers anxiously against the desk. Tesla drank the rest of the scotch and took one last deep and prolonged breath before he followed Cherokee out into the hall and then finally up to the stage. The talking of the crowd was silenced quickly by Tesla clicking a knife at his scotch class. The audience looked on with excitement as Tesla scanned the audience delicately, seeing some familiar faces. Then Tesla began to speak.  

"I would to thank everyone who made it tonight, As this extremely special occasion wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Cherokee, who has been newly authed. So could we all raise our glasses to Cherokee"

The noise of the glasses clinkering together filled the room in seconds. Tesla smiled and nodded at Cherokee. As the clinkering finished everyone's attention was redirected back to Tesla. Tesla walked over to a long red rope and began talking again.

"Over the last few weeks I have been rebuilding the Suburbs and now that the opportunity has risen. I must seize it. I have decided to expand the Suburbs. With this expansion I will assume the almighty role of Godfather of the Suburbs. I would like to thank a number of great people, as without them this day would not have happened."

Tesla tightly gripped the rope and pulled. The curtains split and moved out to the side. Behind Tesla stood a orchestra who immediately begun to play music. "Enjoy the rest of the night everyone" Tesla smiled and walked off the stage and sat down beside Cherokee and a few of the family member at the table beside the stage.

Report Post Tip

​Curtis arrived at Tesla's HQ. A building he knew well. Making his way inside he saw the lavish spread and chandeliers and headed for the alcohol. Taking a seat around one of the fancy tables he tried to look sophisticated while drinking at considerable speed. Tesla made his announcement and Curtis stood and applauded.  

"Congratulations Tesla! Godfather Tesla I should say. I've every hope for your future here. With Cherokee still beside you in the district I look forward to a prosperous future and growth for the area under your command."

Feeling confident he had covered most diplomatic bases and smiled in the right places, Curtis resumed the important work of drinking. It was a delicate balance, how fast could one drink while maintaining an air of decorum? Were there different acceptable speeds for different types of alcohol? How much was too much in formal company? He resolved to find the answers to all of these important questions before the night was out

Report Post Tip

Heisenberg came into AlexTurners office and asked to have a quick word. "So. An old friend of yourself has attained the rank of Godfather, I have a car outside waiting to take you to the airport." He nods and exits the room quickly.

After a long 6 hour flight Alex arrives at the Heaquarters of Tesla. He knocked on the door, and was invited into what seemed to be a celebratory party in honour of Tesla. Alex approaches Tesla with an arm outstretched.

"Hey old friend. My god you have come a long way from when we worked together in Queens. I always knew you would make a respectable name for yourself. A great day for yourself and also the city. I wish you the very best of luck here. You so deserve this chance and I know you will continue to prosper and help the Suburbs grow into something even more wonderful. Have a good night, and please pass on my congratulations to Cherokee on becoming your underboss."

Alex heads off to join the party and spots a few friends from Newyork also here for the occasion.

Report Post Tip

Choctaw was standing at the bar which was newly installed in the hall for this event. Choctaw was drinking the HQ finest whiskey when Tesla announced the great news. His eyes followed Tesla to the round table beside the stage. Choctaw picked up a bottle of whiskey tossing the bartender a $10 bill, walked up to Tesla and shook his hand. Choctaw set the whiskey beside Tesla and said.

"Congratulations Godfather Tesla, Here's a congratulatory gift because you're the perfect man for the job. I can't wait to work along side you and with the rest of the Suburbs" 

Choctaw went back to the bar where he began to smoke a cigar, while mingling with others guests.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A new beginning for the suburbs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL