Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 12:01:06
Page:  1 
The Myrmidons in The Bronx Started by: Whatsername on Sep 08, '14 23:52

Whatsername returned to her headquarters after a long day talking with Cantillon. She looked around at the crowded main room and smiled knowing she would be able to walk from the beer tap to the jukebox without dancing through an obstacle course very shortly.

“Achilles! she yelled. Follow me!

Achilles was a little shocked at the boss wanting to talk to him alone, he followed Whatsername down the hall into the private card room at the back of the building. The room brought many memories to Achilles; nights of drinking and gambling with crew members. As he stepped inside the room he saw his Godfather Cantillon sat at the wooden table.

Achilles, you have impressed us all here in the Bronx. Your willingness to help others and myself has been noticed. The community as a whole has noticed your presence on our streets, discussing and debating many topics.

The numbers in my headquarters have grown this past while and I am sure you can tell we are at capacity. I wish it were possible to expand our physical walls but the city will not give me a permit for a larger building. So we need to expand our walls in another fashion. Just as Whatsername stops talking to have a sip of the wine in front of her Cantillon finally smiles and tosses Achilles a set of keys. There is a building just down the way, Cantillon and I have secured it for you. Our operations in this district need to continue to expand and we want you to be the man to carry on what we’ve already started. Let’s head down there! We’ve already had the place stocked with alcohol to celebrate this occasion.

As the trio walked down the street and came upon the building Whatsername spoke of, Achilles looked up and saw the sign that had been freshly painted just hours before.

The Myrmidons

Once inside, Whatsername opened a bottle of wine and poured each man and herself a glass. She lifted hers Congratulations Achilles, may you and your Myrmidons have a long reign here in the Bronx with Cantillon, Rosalie and I.

Report Post Tip

Achilles looks around the place and inhales the strong smell of varnished wood. He then raises his glass of wine in toast.

"The Bronx!"

This was a big moment for Achilles, he had a hunger for power ever since arriving back along these shores and he was pleased that his hard work and presence out in the streets had earned him the trust that his Godfather and Don were bestowing upon him. To be able to expand the business here in the Bronx was great and Achilles had his own ideas on how he would do that.

"Thank you Cantillon & Whatsername, I appreciate this opportunity and I look forward to working alongside you both, as well as Rosalie to keep business in the Bronx booming."

Report Post Tip

​Curtis had spent most of the day organizing shipments of high quality whiskey from Canada. He'd been down at the docks overseeing the unloading of crates and made sure they'd also delivered the crates of his new favorite drink, absinthe. God that stuff sent him places he couldn't predict.

Whatsername had swung by with Cantillon while the unloading was going on and asked that a building down the road from her main HQ could be stocked. It was highly unusual for her to come down to the docks, let alone with the district's Godfather so Curtis knew this had to be important. He took the address and the order, finished loading up the trucks and headed over to the address.

Heading in the back doors he saw the well laid out interior of what was clearly new offices, a bar, a large lobby and seating area. This was a family building and no mistake. All freshly varnished and polished and ready to go. Something was up, he wondered who it was getting the order to set up. He had all the booze placed behind the bar and went out from to look at the sign. His eyes light up as he read The Myrmidons.

"Achilles you twat! Haha!"

He had no idea if Achilles knew what was about to happen and there was no way he was going to spoil the surprise so Curis went back into the building, grabbed a bottle and went into the back room to wait. he sat drinking until he heard The doors open and the familiar voices of his boss, his Godfather and his old friend. He gave them a moment to present the building to Achilles and then went out and embraced his friend.

"Man! Congratulations! I had no idea this was coming. What a day! I couldn't be happier. It's going to be brilliant to have you as a leader in the district, you're exactly the kind of upstanding and outgoing individual that's needed. Sets the right tone, the right example. Get in!"

He hugged his friend again and thrust a bottle of finest whiskey into his hands.

"Now we must get embarrassingly drunk and do things that could possibly endanger your now sterling reputation."

Grinning he took a table in the bar and started filling glasses out for everyone.

Report Post Tip

TheDude had spent most of his evening at the bowling alley, when he heard the news of a new establishment in the Bronx he finished his white russian, and got into a car. 

"This looks like the place."

Walking in he sees a large group of people, celebrating and enjoying some nice drinks. TheDude walks up to Achilles and hands him a rug and a bottle of rum. "This could really tie a room together."  He chuckles and shakes Achilles hand. 

"Congratulations man, I can't wait to see what you can do in our district. I wish you the best of luck on your journey."

Tilting his shades he looks over at the bar.

"A drink sounds good right about now."

Report Post Tip

Well! Look at this. Old man Achilles becoming a captain within the Bronx.

Well, what can I say? Ever since I've known you Achilles, you've been nothing but a gent and I appreciate the amazing conversations we've had here and there. When I had heard from Godfather Cantillon that he was going to put you up for your own headquarters, a chance at your own family, well, I was delighted to hear the news.

Congratulations from myself and all of Brooklyn. May you do well in your new ventures, friend.

Report Post Tip

​*Tetley turns up at at Achilles' new headquarters rather late. He heads to the entrance and is stopped by a guard at the door holding out his hand as if asking him to hand over his weapon, he pulls his jacket to side allowing the guard to see his Browning Hi-Power and flashes a grin*

"Do you really want me to remove this from it's holster?"

*The guard withdraws his hand and allows Tetley to pass. He heads directly to Achilles' office and bursts in the door*

"How dare you leave us! it's an outrage is what it is."

*Achilles looks shocked and before he can respond Tetley takes a seat and motions for one of his bodyguards to enter who is carrying crystal decanter and a large bottle of scotch*

"I'm just busting your balls, I couldn't be more glad for you. You've worked your arse for our family and thoroughly deserve this opportunity. Now lets have a drink to celebrate."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Myrmidons in The Bronx
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL