Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 14:14:07
Page:  1 
Why are you here? Started by: Mr_Kuklinski on Sep 12, '14 18:21

It's been some time since my blood walked these Streets.  These sacred Streets, the scene of so much and, at times, so little.  Too little. And one little RJ.

But times changed, epochs fall, the personnel differ -  but, my friends, some things remain constant.

So long as there is money to be made and people to be shot, there will be scammers and shooters.  If you're lucky, some of these scammers and shooters will end up with fancy bold suits and titles. 

For some, that's enough.  For others, well, they require legend, status, notoriety - a need to be remembered, for better or ill.

I stand here not as a man of rank, nor one of great wealth (the $20M or so inherited is stored safe, for a time when it is needed).  I have not yet obtained a gun, let alone fired one in anger.

I stand here with nothing but my reputation and the friendships that I hold dear.

Why am I here?  I'm here to see which way the wind blows and to see if I can endear myself to the new generation that has graced these shores.  They are, it seems, an impressive bunch.

That's why I'm here.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Report Post Tip

Ah I name i have heard stories about from my ancestors. My bloodline has not graced these streets for sometime. My ancestors have passed on the tales of their friends and Family members. I have been told about the great Kuku and my bloodlines ties to LV for one.

These streets are sacred to my bloodline and I have returned to restore my bloodlines legacy to these shores and to bring my current Family to the glory I know it can achieve.

Report Post Tip

Ah, TheKing...  My notes feature your bloodline :)

Report Post Tip

Brendan wanders down the street observing the kind folk of these fair cities going about their business. He sees two fellows exchanging words on a corner. Casually eavesdropping from all of 2 foot away while staring he meanders over and offers his obviously important words on the matter.

Well Lads, I can honestly tell you I have no idea what I am here for. I popped out me mammy and sailed over the great blue yonder for fortune and glory.

You see I am very much a believer that you should go with the flow and get what you earn. If I were to be an uptight bastard with a poor work ethic I am not going to get that far now, am I?

However, if I work my balls off to become a mobster of note then I would imagine I will go far in this world.

But you just shouldn't know really, should you? Not as a Wise Guy. I am spending my days shooting the shit with fellas at Headquarters and trying to make a buck. I'm not responsible, clear headed and wise beyond my years. I am a free spirit, bound only by the code my Boss lays down, wandering about the place with not a care in the world.

Should the call I have heard about come, when you come back a 'Made' member of this family or not at all, then perhaps my vision of future life shall be narrowed.

See the point I try to make is this boys. You might have the best plan in the world. You might have your life fully mapped out. But you ain't worth shit until you're Made, that much has been made clear to me in these streets, and then everything changes. You are a part of the family. Any plans you had? Forget about 'em cos I guaran-fucking-tee they don't match those of your boss and what they say your future is. Well. Thats what it is. If it means a life of being at their side forever more then so be it. You took the oath and now you eat the cake.

so basically lads, if you fancy keeping the easy life, make sure you don't work too hard or you might just get that call. If you know what I mean..

With a flash of a toothy grin the Irishman turns on his heel and walks away. Glancing back over his shoulder he chuckles to himself. He knows everything he just told them is a crock of shit but why not have a little fun. After all everyone wants to be made, right?

Report Post Tip

Brendan, we are of the same extraction, from the Emerald Isle.

And yes, being Made can be special.  Particularly for the early members of a bloodline.

But now-a-days, perhaps longevity has surpassed seniority?

My bloodline wanted to be ten mill...  Did it.  Then a hundred.  Did that.  Become a hand, yip, and a CL.

But plot, intrigue and suspense is what brings me back.

Report Post Tip
I was enjoying a nice permanent vacation from the life of crime until my beloved Don Visas reached out to me via a book of faces and said he was setting up shop in LA. I returned solely for Visas, as Visas has been a dear friend for some time and I was happy to see a person of that caliber receive the nod to set up. I soon needed to retreat back into hiding for several months, unsure if I would return, but ultimately I did. I always do. Everyone always does.

Only difference for me is that now, I'm back strictly for the ladies.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $150,000 Tip

Everyone always does, in some way.  That is true.

With that in mind, could RJFuller stand up?  Could everyone else sit down so we can see if RJ has stood up?

WWI is already back.

Report Post Tip

WWI isn't back, WWI is gone for good you stupid twat. I make accounts from time to time to send nice mails to people in bad situations and to congratulate friends but I'm gone for good.

Report Post Tip
That's not exactly gone for good. That's not gone for good at all actually, but let's not split hairs.
Report Post Tip

Trixie stops in her tracks and listens intently to the young man speaking.  The subject matter is interesting.  She has been pondering this for some time now as she wends her way through the tasks set for her on a daily basis.  Just why are we here?

“Friends – I think this is an important thing we all must consider here.  I know why I am here – to work hard for my crew so we will thrive; to learn ways to advance myself – again so my crew will thrive; and perhaps most important cuz I am born to a life of crime.”

I chuckle to myself softly – oh yes – a life of crime is what I was born for.

“I know some of you will have different reasons for being here.  I, for one, would love to hear just what brings you here and why you stay.”

I hop down from the soapbox upon which I had perched myself and saunter off to my oak tree to sit and listen to others on this topic.

Report Post Tip

Luigi approaches the business associates joining in the middle of the conversation, listening to what they have to say.

I'm the part of the new generation of these shores. Sometimes you ask what you are you doing in certain situations, but I do believe in destiny. Just like a wave moving towards the shore, nothing can stop the wave. I'm not a made guy, but I'm not a sissy man who cannot provide for his own family. So I'm here to live another day, ambitiously waiting to make good alliances. I don't see money as an endline, money is to provide, family is the endline for me.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Did  a descendent of the WWI bloodline appear to state that they don't appear?  That, my friends, is the attention to detail, consistency and fortitude of character that defines that bloodline.

This thing is all the more bland for his not coming back (even though he does come back).

Trixie, your reasons are good, just and fair.  But also, really bland.  Elaborate, please?  What on earth do you actually mean?  I know you mean well, but sometimes, just sometimes, more isn't necessarily less, and the opposite is true.

Please expand.

Luigi, man it's great to see you again.  How is life?  How much is enough, in  terms of money?

Report Post Tip

Can't complain. Enough for me is my hundred percent, not eighty, not ninety, but a hundred percent of my sweat and blood into business, thats enough. I just can't let the day go by and know that I didn't do my best. Make things happen not just for myself, but the ones around me, thats enough for my life, thats all I want.

Report Post Tip

I chuckle to myself softly – I was just told I was bland. 

*hehe* 

Well bland is as bland does I guess.  I walk on my way, feeling no need to elaborate on anything.  I rather thought I was specific to begin with.

Report Post Tip

i was kidnapped! now trying to warn people look out but people don't listen even when people die! also while speaking in streets get teleported to someplace else outside! THEY HAVE GREAT POWER.

Report Post Tip

Seras prances in to listen before speaking up.

Is anyone else here because members of their bloodline just keep getting off a strange boat? That's why I'm here, I, like those before me got off a strange boat and got swooped up into a life of crime. It happens every generation and it's strange, much like the boat.

Report Post Tip

It isn't a strange boat if people, somehow, subconsciously, remember it, from bygone eras.  Is it?

Report Post Tip

WHY ARE YOU HERE? the man asked. After a few people responded I answered this inquiry.

Why am I here? Well, let me make a long story short and tell you.

I was working for the family's olive oil import export business when I received a telegram from a cousin who was in America.

We need you here! Come to Chicago in America ASAP 

Well, I didn't hurry over ASAP and when I finally arrived they were all dead. I'd spent all I had on the boat fare to get to America. There was no turning back at that point so I wound up here by default. I had nowhere else to go and nothing to return home with. By the time I did, this land of opportunity was looking pretty good so I stayed.

That's the jest of why I am here. Have a nice day sir.

En tipped his hat to the gentleman and continued up the street.

Report Post Tip

After walking past Napster couldn't resist but evesdropping on this conversation, Napster was about to walk off into the sunset until a gentleman well suited asked 

Hey Kid what brought you here ?

Well sir i'm here to chase the American Dream, and of course earn a little bit of cash to send back to old country for my dear momma,

The Gentlemen nods his head, as Napster walks swiftly off down the street.

Report Post Tip

The cold church floor was safe and pleasant and the bowl of soup and bread kept me going but lacked any dignity, drive or any opportunity. My family had lost most of it's ties from the past due to a prolonged absence from the business, i was just surviving from day to day as a spectator almost.

The late Excellarator offered me a chance to earn a few bucks to pull out of the situation i was in and give me some pride and a reason to wake up, slowly the influx of cash became a dependence, slowly i owned my own house, i owned a beach house, i never woried where the next meal came from or which restaurant i would eat in.

I guessed even if times and ways have changed, enthusiasm can still get me somewhere even if a ceiling to it for now.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why are you here?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL