Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 01:15:44
Page:  1 
Is GinX just the Tonic? Started by: Mr_Kuklinski on Sep 13, '14 18:05

It is not often that I come to these Streets to discuss named individuals, but in this case I will do just that.  However, I must add an important caveat - however much this may look like a personal attack, it isn't.  It's a commentary on society.  

Please look upon the subject of this discussion as an object, and on an objective, not a subjective fashion.  Not fashion in the sense of spatz, cravats and rather fetching hats, but instead as a characteristic.  How a characters as, say, a personality used to give meaning to an inanimate object in a fantasy game, but characteristic as in fashion.  I realise that I've just characteristically slammed the brakes on and, in a fashion, found myself in a cul-de-sac, but I can make to apology for that.

GinX operates, it seems, an outfit of six souls out of Corktown, DT.  So what, I hear you say?  So this, I retort.

Six members?  That's not even enough for an AA meeting.  With only six members, GinX cannot, with a straight face, declare himself a leader, let alone a high ranking leader.  Or a leader of anything more than a small gang.

I have, and this isn't an exaggeration, had relatives who were in bigger PR units than this...  this "crew".

GinX is also confused.  The "crew" is known as Alcoholics Anonymous, yet advertise it.  And, as I have said, there aren't enough of them for an AA meeting.  And, of course, GinX's Street name is GinX, which is a gin, with an X on the end.  And his suit seems to be inspired by a particularly good brand of gin.

GinX, I am talking to you directly.  Your "crew" is a joke.  YOU are a joke.  You need to triple your membership very quickly, until you do, you will continue to be laughed at in IRC Avenue.

It's widely known that your scramble for power left some, powerful, figures disgruntled.  

So what do you plan to do?  There is no shame in asking for help.  You might - *might* - make some money and connections if you expand.

So are you up to it?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I can't believe i'm even going to entertain you enough to comment.. but I will anyway.

GinX has forgot more about this thing of ours than you've ever even learned to begin with. Who are you to pass judgement on anyone?

The man in question is very recently established, much like a whole crowd of other leaders that you can see before you. So why then, did you choose GinX to bash? Is it because Detroit are currently the least populated, aside from Vegas. Now that I mention Vegas, you might have a look over there and notice that the acting Godfather of Vegas has a grand total of 9 members. This is someone that has been established for a very long time and has only 3 more than the man you are criticizing - now I'm not saying that to tell you to point fingers instead at Vegas, not at all, as it's clear that Chekov has his own reasons for the lack of recruitment and no-one has any right to question that, much like you have no right to question GinX.

You and I have clashed many times Kuklinski, and normally it's because of you claiming things as your own which were nothing to do with you. But I must say, this is even crazier than any of those times. I'm flabbergasted at your efforts here and frankly I'm more than anything else, embarrassed for you.

That said. I am actually pleased to see you back around the streets, even if I dislike whats coming out of your mouth, there is still something coming out of it which gives others food for thought and hopefully brings more people out of their shells.

Report Post Tip

Listening to the old familiar Curtis had so far resisted the impulse to respond to anything Kuku had said but this tickled him.

"Just as a point of note. AA clearly state it only takes two people to hold a meeting. So six would be a veritable abundance of solidarity and support. GinX is also running a program of attraction rather than promotion, in keeping with AA's values."

Curtis starts to feel a thirst coming on and decides to set his priorities in line.

"As for everything else, I think Tyrion said it all."

Report Post Tip

Well, Tyrion, GF families are historically small, aren't they?  Somewhat restricted, yes?

Ah, Curtis.  Regardless of how often our bloodlines have crossed words and swords, I respect you and yours.

Technically, you're right.  Technically two people could hold an AA meeting.  However, the usual scenario is one to chair, one to share, one to read and one to greet - and then, of course, the participants.  In the scenario that you discuss, with two, each person could perform multiple roles.

It's a bit like saying you could drive a car with your feet.  It's technically correct, but basically not right.

Report Post Tip

This is an interesting discussion about AA meetings, nice work.

Report Post Tip

My name's Kuklinski and I'm an alcoholic.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $320,000 Tip

GinX comes out of his headquarters holding a glass in one hand tripping over his left foot to see a group of mafioso in a conversation, he throws the glass into the bushes to the left and looks at them as to say what?

Ummmm thaat? That was just hiccup water. 

Grasping what the topic of conversation was about he tries takes a deep breath and looks over at Mr_Kuklinski

Well I am honored you took the time out of your day to look so deeply into my organization, my name, and the banner on my HQ's sir. I really don't think I need to take to much time here to explain anything. I will not triple anything for the hiccup sake of numbers we are perfectly happy to be a small group that by the way has been in operation for a week. I'm sorry you don't like my name sir but my mom gave iiiiit to me. As far as what I did to get here well I was unaware you knew so much about what happens here in Corktown. But thanks for the challenge sir but I'll pass I don't want mobsters just to have space filled, I want mobsters like I have in those doors there now.

Stumbling away he spots his good friend TyrionLannister

My man you wanna go get a drin...meal?

Report Post Tip
Are you saying you don't want any more members?

You have ooc-itis. It needs treated.
You remain a totem of systematic decline.
Report Post Tip

I don't know you bro, but I am his LH and 1 week ago he was thrown into a situation that I believe he has made the best of. 6 members in 6 days is a new member a day. Not bad growth in actuality.

Report Post Tip

I was walking down the street when I heard an argument ongoing so I started to listen to it. I then moved across the crowd as I started to speak.

"Um... Mr_Kuklinski, I understand that you're bloodline is very well known for its appearances in the streets but I have a question. What's the point of you asking GinX this question? I first assumed you were giving him an encouraging challenge to help him and his crew but now I think that you are telling him all this just because you want to insult him about how he runs his crew. Is it really your business to criticize the way he manages his crew? So what if he has only 6 crew members? As long as he's running his crew the way he likes it to be run, it's fine, we have no right to interfere unless we are his superiors which we clearly aren't or it was shown that it is a wrong decision. Only time could tell if this is a good or bad idea. So you'll just have to wait some time when it is clear that GinX was wrong before you start firing away your insults at him."

Before I left, I gave him a note which had text barely legible saying:

Matthew 7:5

You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye.

Report Post Tip

Well, Vengeance, let's look at it this way.

Public opinion can, and does, have an effect.  Why?  Because it should, that's why.  A CL leads.  He LEADS.

To lead, one needs followers.  The followers shouldn't equal the number of the upper echelon, should it?

So what I'm saying is this.  If you can't grow, what can you do?  

Report Post Tip

what is joke about gin? sounds like good times to me!

Report Post Tip

I said to Mr_Kuklinski while I was walking away:

"Maybe GinX' purpose isn't to lead many people but to help the select few in his crew to reach their full potential and even surpass him. He may value his crew members a lot and minimizes their number so that he can focus in helping each of them. But if he does want to be someone who can lead well he may fall a little short in that area because in his lack of men but he can still redeem himself in that area if he performs something impressive with his small crew."

I then tipped my hat as I muscled through the crowd and went back to usual business as I saw a glimpse of GinX' HQ.

Report Post Tip

Perhaps GinX should have gotten himself a career within HR then?

Report Post Tip

Bush glances around Mr Kuklinski and tries to hide a chuckle.

I don't see you doing any better...

The guy just started, I'm sure by his first month in he'll have a large amount of drinking buddies attending his A.A meetings. Till then shut the trap and give him sometime to actually recruit and build HIS FAMILY the way HE wants to it's just that simple bud.

Report Post Tip

No, no and thrice no.

The problem is, literally, too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

So let's call it what it is.  It's too many chefs spoiling the broth.  At the end of the day, the point is, that in the final analysis, stupid is as stupid does.

Isn't it?

Report Post Tip

I do agree we have way too many 'chiefs' but I do see new players rolling in everyday. Might be slow but we're getting them and as this happens the mob population grows and is able to support these new families. What I'd personally like to see done:

• Cut back on districts, limit the cities to three or just reduce the amount of cities period.
  • One Godfather per city, none of this three to five per city that's just ridoncoulous.
  • And if the above two aren't going to happen well then start spreading out the families. I look through the list and New York is filled to the brim with family after family of 30+ members with a don capable of taking the reigns of Godfather and filling these vacant districts yet here we are still with seven districts empty, four if you want to say fuck Philly like the council already has.
Report Post Tip
Walking out of the HQ polishing his beloved grenade Brick approaches the group who had been arguing all day over the leadership issues in this thing of ours.

If there is one thing I have noticed in my time in our beloved crew it is that while we are not a big crew by any means we all are loyal and work well together.
We are all equals in a way, in no way does that mean we are all equal rank or have equal power, and responsibilities. It means we all treat each other as we would wish to be treated, everyone is treated the same with respect. We know how to follow direction and work as a team to accomplish a single goal. We share (for the most part) the intensely strange sense of humor, and have formed a sense of family and belonging with each and every member. We value such things over meaningless members we hardly know who would betray us in a heartbeat any day. GinX has given me a home when many others where not willing, he and others such as the lovely reaver have helped me and continue to help me in ways that I could not return the favor in a 100 years and not due to lack of trying either. I value the sense of friendship and family I have found within this select group tremendously. The size of our crew proves nothing compared to the greatness of it's members. Even if our leader is a alcoholic.

Brick then screams out "LONG LIVE ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS!" In a ancient roman war cry kind of war before receding to the back of the crowd where he continues to polish his grenade.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Is GinX just the Tonic?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL