Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 15:18:42
Page:  1 
Public servant, or just a bad egg? Started by: TyrionLannister on Sep 15, '14 15:22

So, I figure I might as well spend a few seconds asking for the general consenus on a man that seems to like pointing fingers at random people. Mr Richard "Kuku" Kuklinski, or one of his friends imitating him, whichever the current case may be, has appeared recently to ask questions of some of the leadership in these fair streets.

Now, do we feel someone of his lowly stature should be asking these questions? Are the questions even relevant? It would appear that he has picked out the most random individual without even the simplest of reasons. His recent finger waving at GinX was laughable, a man established for a week or less having only 6 members within his criminal organisation isn't uncommon, nor is it bad. So why then was he fingered (settle down Jono!) by Mr Kuklinski?

My personal view would be that Kuku knew that it could draw a reaction and even a negative reaction to his comments seems to inflate his ego. Indeed my coming here today to speak further on the man will again give him some satisfaction, but I care not for what he feels. I want to know what the rest of the members of this thing of ours have on their mind when it comes to reading his nonsense.

Does his speech regarding GinX bring anything to the public, or is it a simple case of this man being a nuisance, or a bad egg as some may call him. (I know he just loves eggs...)

Now unlike Kuku, I'm not here simply to bash him for his views, regardless of how odd I often find them. No, the man clearly brings an audience whenver he speaks, rightly or wrongly, so for that alone I do commend him for continuing to appear on the street with his views. So please refrain from any attacking comments on the man himself, I would like to hear views on his recent subject matters and whether we feel it appropriate for someone of his stature to come out here and draw attention to a leader like that for no good reason at all. Do we think it was to cause problems for Detroit, or do we think there was no alterior motive and Kuku was simply running his mouth with whatever happend to enter his head that day?

Thoughts and opinions on the matter would be most welcome.

Report Post Tip

Zephyra pauses for a fraction of a heartbeat to listen. A grin tugging at the edges of her mouth as she continues to listen.

Should he be asking questions like that? Who am I to judge? I ask a lot of the same kinds of questions and sometimes others. What is so wrong with asking questions? Why does it make so many people offended? I am starting to think the people that get offended maybe feel there is something they are not doing right.

As far as pointing the finger goes at GinX I found that to bring some other things to the light. Were you not one of the people who brought up Las Vegas? We could also look at New York. Everywhere there is someone not growing it would seem. So in all reality he made people scan the leaders and their members at the very least. Maybe that is not a whole lot but it is something. It is also something to think about, why are they not growing?  Of course that could be a subject for another day.

So in my opinion he is a bit of both. The way he does some of his speeches is downright annoying but at the same time some people will stop to think about it.

As far as motives go, I won't even speculate. Only person that will truly know those is himself.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for your thoughts, Zephyra.

I did indeed touch on Vegas, however Vegas itself doens't have a lack of growth, nor does Detroit. My comment on Vegas was that there is a leader far more established there with almost as many members as GinX, so why then did Kuklinski point out GinX as some sort of problem when clearly he isn't. He retorted with the usual political choice of not actually answering the question but instead referring to something loosely relative, that the family in question in Vegas are for that of an acting Godfather and Godfather crews are typically small (Ignoring the fact that the crew doesn't have a Godfather as yet, it has a Don that has not yet recruited enough personel to attain the position of Godfather, which it would appear to be through his own choice, again not a problem, though Kuklinski failed to address that accurately)

Going back to my question on should "he" be asking questions like that, I don't for a second mean he can't ask questions like that. But what concern is it of his? What would make a new member to a family in New York worry about the lack of growth in a district in Detroit? It makes no sense. Which leads me to feel his drawing attention wasn't of concern, but more of attempting to make trouble for those people in the Motor City. Something I'm not comfortable standing by and ignoring.

Report Post Tip

To be fair though Tyrion, at least GinX's name is getting some sort of publicity. Maybe not the best kind, but maybe not the worst. There are very few leaders who get speeches made out of them until they are taken out. So is this really as bad as you think? Perhaps Detroit can make use of it.

I don't follow Kuklinski as much as others do. I may listen for a moment but then I usually get bored and dash off to another local drug dealer. Whatever his intentions though he clearly has made two of us look around. Possibly more that have in silence.

I think if trouble was going to happen to Detroit, they would make it themselves. I don't think a gangster from another city would do it for them. I am sure not everyone has forgotten the take down of Ecstasy and who played a part with it. This is just an example of better reasons to bring trouble for Detroit rather than GinX being a small family just starting out.

It is not wrong to question other cities. The worst they can do is ignore, the best they can do is explain their thought process. If people don't want to answer the questions he puts forth then they don't have to and vice versa. If he gives you run around replies then you can just gather that he really doesn't have a decent stance on the matter and move on. There are choices for everyone to make.

Report Post Tip

Curtis listened to what Tyrion had to say and to his conversation with Zephyra. Having some experience of the individual being discussed he felt it worth adding some input.

"I have seen Mr_Kuklinski in the streets speaking this way. Not just with GinX but also iocaste- and it is in keeping with his bloodline's history. I don't think his intention is sinister, just some gentle trolling in order to get a reaction, a rise and some friction from the community who's attention he craves. And look at this discussion, it's working a treat! Doubtless he'll be exhausting his tissue supply, cleaning the self-congratulatory explosions off himself.

You must keep in mind, this is a man with an incredible sense of self importance and theater. Someone with a track record of portraying the most insignificant of events with astonishing exaggeration. Things that barely raised an eyebrow in the corridors of real power, have been spun as borderline apocalyptic events that shook society to it's core. To be fair some of it was tremendously entertaining, but more for laughing at the story teller than with him.

Richard's history speaks for itself, ever the antagonist and provocateur, this is his MO. I suppose this incarnation of himself has become dull so he has decided to see how far he can push some boundaries before he treads on toes and forces Jeddy into a difficult decision. I don't think there is ever anything sinister in it, just the work of an absolute egomaniac. I'd just try and laugh it off until he eventually gets himself shot. As is usually the case. 

Curtis thinks for a second and smiles before adding.

"Of course I could be wrong, he may have turned some enormous corner and all this may all be a prelude to the unveiling of a new altruistic surge of humanitarianism that will lead to a life of selfless endeavor for the benefit of others... But I doubt it."

Report Post Tip

Kuku, now that's a name I remember. Have I been gone this long? I hope not. Seems some olds heads are still here. Now Mr. Lannister, you bring up a awesome point. I find attacking a person with a opinion that you don't agree on quite childish. Isn't the streets here for the simple reason to voice opinion?? I always thought so. If I'm wrong point me in the direction to exit my presence.

What makes an opinion Wrong or right? I don't know..But remember Adults and Kids why the streets are here. For the gossip for the drama and for the Publicity and Political views. 

As crazy as his views may seem. He's still a intellect who has something to say. Beats all the robots here clicking away. Give some life to the streets.  May this word sink in Amen.

Report Post Tip

This is an interesting discussion, but I think it misses the crux of motivation.  I have dealt with that elsewhere.  

This conversation should continue.  I am heartened that there is broad support for the work that I do.

Report Post Tip

I was dashing through the streets looking for something to do when I hear an interesting discussion going on. A crowd was gathering, listening to it, too, so I decided to also voice out my thoughts.

"I think I agree a little with Heroin, whatever he says, Mr_Kuklinski is still an intellect that has something to say, but isn't he taking it too far, criticizing the size of a new crew? But isn't..... Oh wait, I should limit my words to the topic and not stray from this conversation. Of course it's small because it's still new, using common sense. Why should you pick on a new crew? What new knwledge and enlightenment would we gain from that topic? We already know about the relation of crew sizes and leadership and the sorts. There are other bigger issues that need criticism other than a new small crew, that should start a more meaningful discussion between us mafiosi that would actually benefit us, knowing each other thoughts. I suggest that Mr_Kuklinski talk about more useful topics so that he shouldn't waste our time with his almost senseless ones."

I then leaned on a bench, lit a cigar and put it in my mouth as I was waiting for replies from anyone.

Report Post Tip

Mandalore walked into the conversation hearing about the Kuklinski. He had remembered reading in his ancestral journals about this epidemic that they all called Mr. Kuklinski. One of the journals read how his ancestor worked for a Kuklinski. Again and again as he sorted through his family journals he remembered what it said of the Kuklinski line. 

"I found it funny that my ancestors always claimed his line as a blight in our universe, but I find him quite entertaining. His conspiracy's are quite thought out and just plain entertaining. Yes he can become extremely annoying but you got to give the kid some credit. Trying hard to breath life back into our streets. I miss the days of when bank jobs, heists, plain old jobs being run in these streets. So I can't discredit the kid for trying. Keep it up Kuklinski!"

Report Post Tip

After listening to what Mr. Lannister and some people in the small crowd that gathered around him had to say about the pretty old bloodline of Kuklinski, Floyd feels the need to say a few words too.

"Maybe some people should consider Kuklinki as an (positive) example?

What would these streets be without any speeches at all?

Absolutely death!

He is at least one of the few who gives a speech (you may or may not agree with him and even find him totally annoying) on a regular basis and keeps this streets a bit alive!

For me he is mostly quiet entertaining and his efforts to entertain his public definitely should be followed by all those guys who rule their crews in total silence.

so to speak with Mr Mandalore - "Keep it up Kuklinski!". You definitely are an example to me!

Report Post Tip

Friends, it is warming to hear that my work is encouraged.

However, might I take a moment to ask you to look away from my pleasant personality and talent with words and address the issue at hand?

There is a joker in the pack...  First amongst equals in a race to the bottom.

Something needs to change.

Report Post Tip

Friends...?

Hold your horses, Mr. Kuklinski!

Encouraging you street presence doesnt mean we're friends!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Public servant, or just a bad egg?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL