Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 09:40:35
Page:  1 
Codes of Conduct in Streets Started by: ZoeyH on Sep 20, '14 20:44

Could it be so soon that i actually have something else to talk about? Could it be so quick after i just asked about leadership that something else should be brought to the attention of the masses? They already have to know. Its been brought up in various conversations. Maybe its something that goes away from time to time. Maybe I should bring it up again to solidify where we currently stand.

Hi Guys.

Really, again? This is how i start my conversations with people who are known to cut and shoot others? Just Recover. Do what they taught you in that Psychology class Zoey.

I really enjoy being a part of the streets. The conversations and the debates. I know i rarely say many things if anything for that matter. Lately however i have noticed just a spread of odious words in these conversations. I don't believe i have to point many examples out, i think it is quite obvious who has done what or has said things that were just unneeded. Whether threatening or simply condescending i think its quite vile and in many cases obnoxious. I personally see not that we have to hold each others hands and whisper sweet nothings in each others ear but how many times can a person criticize a leader of an entire city or district before they are reprimanded? How many interactions do we witness where made members and above are belittled publicly. 

Okay...You have their attention. Some may feel like you are calling them out. Give them a nice smile so they don't feel singled out or as if you made a speech just to target them. That was a fantastic smile. I am positive you have made many friends with that. So political almost like a president. Whoa, Zoey for president that would be pretty cool! I bet i would be a great president! Four Score and Seven Years ago...FOCUS! Why do i always lose focus? What was i speaking about again? Positive speaking in the streets.

I guess you would probably want a solution then? I don't have one. That is why i bring it into the limelight, the streets. I was hoping some of the older generations and more experienced could touch on this. Is it actually a good thing that individuals come into the streets bashing each other or does it hurt our code of conduct.  

With that i should let everyone else take center stage. Maybe if they are hurt or upset about recent things they can voice it and we can work together to build a better more uplifting community of ruthless killers. 

Report Post Tip
Interesting topic m'lady. I think people will always try and get a rise out of someone with words; That mixed with misinformation or a confused thought process often leads to mean and hurtful things being thrown about. I don't think there is a way to police it though, you can't just shoot every person who ever says a bad thing about you. Half the time its complete bullshit, do excuse language, or just someone getting upset because something didn't go the way the had hoped. Sorry if I drifted off topic but that's what I've got.
Report Post Tip

BoomBoomBetty wabbles towards ZoeyH and switches her high heels from her right to her left hand, and extends it.

"Sorry about my demeanor, but my feet are killing me. Nice to see ya, ma'am!"

"This kind of behavior has been around since the beginning of time. Many people have alot to say, they are intelligent and have good points to share (whether they have a long bloodline or not), but they shy away because of conversations held here, in the streets. I can only speak of my ancestors experiences, but when you put yourself out there, you need to brace yourself for critism. It is easy to get emotions involved, you get accused of taking things personally but how can you not? This is partly why I have turned to food, and the results are quite obvious!"...giggles and hides her candy wrapper in her dress pocket.

"A very long time ago, a Godfather ThomasRourke had strict quidelines for street speaking...you needed to be a certain rank to respond to another in the streets and it was a smashing idea in my opinion. It gave the streets a certain control, for a lack of a better word."

"I don't believe it will ever change though, and if it did, it might be considered boring to some."

Report Post Tip

Control and code of conduct in the streets is and always has been down to what the people in control of the country at the current time allow it to be. 

There have been many many many occasions where certain individuals or groups of people at the top of the food chain have had a strict control on the streets. On things that can and can't be said, how to and how not to say things and generally just decide on whether or not punishment is needed for some words that are spoken. I would say more often than not over the many many years that those who have been at the top have had an eye or ten on the streets, stepping in when they think a certain topic or situation has gone over board and hell, some times entire cities have been wiped off the face of the earth for what one of it's leaders might have said in the streets. 

I believe the streets can be a powerful weapon in this life that can be used massively in your favour or tragically against you. Depending on who is listening to what you are saying and their personal opinion on whether it was offensive or not. It can catapult you in to stardom or it can give you a nice pair of cement shoes. More so in the past than today. 

It is up to todays leaders, particularly the 303, considering that group essentially runs the country at the moment, what is acceptable and what is not. Let's take Achilles latest speech for example, he's a friend so i'm sure he won't mind me using his example. In some generations this would have been considered massively inappropriate and might have even got him and his city killed. However, it didn't because those at the top in our day and age decided that it would be allowed and supported Achilles. So no one would dare touch him, even considering the the massive bounty on his head, for fear of complete annihilation in this life and the next. Apart from a couple of fools of course and maybe TylerDurden, but we all know that guy has a screw loose. 

Basically put, it depends on who is at the top and their personal threshold for what they feel is disrespectful, what should be said, what shouldn't be and how it should be said. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Basically put, it depends on who is at the top and their personal threshold for what they feel is disrespectful, what should be said, what shouldn't be and how it should be said."

Very well said, Jono.  And at this moment, it's safe the say that the Streets aren't harshly regulated.

Case in point: Drexler and GinX, both are highly ranked CLs.  Now, many people will think they are utter fucking idiots, but I'm out here on these Streets saying it loud, pointing at them and laughing, and others are joining in, laughing at them for being lame ducks and unable to come back at me.

This wouldn't have happened at certain points in the past, and it won't be allowed to happen at certain points in the future.

Now, is this a good or a bad thing?  Well, to be frank...  I'm not sure.  

Report Post Tip

By the way, I am standing on my own two feet, I am a member of no crew or family.  I'm in Detroit. Downtown Detroit.

I ain't scared of no man.

Report Post Tip

Ciro waits for the young cugine on the stage to finish his soap box theatrics and chest heaving. He makes the sign of the cross and utter a small prayer in silence for K2. He patiently gets up to voice his opinion as he eyes a barefoot Ms. BoomBoomBetty and smiles towards a concerned and contemplative Ms. Zoey. Straightening his tie and extending his arms to fit well in his suit Ciro drums up some courage to make a small informative speech on stage.

He taps the microphone and hears the static, looking up he scans the room and looks into the eyes of a few of the people who were concerned enough with the situation on the streets to make an appearance at this impromptu gathering. Clearing his throat he begins.......

"Uh to start I want to thank Ms. ZoeyH for bringing us together on this beautiful day to talk about this issue facing our community out there on the streets. Now I now some of us take our roles out there a little more seriously than others and many are here just to see if they can get away with wacking some wiseguy and selling some drugs or walking some dogs and looking for a date"

Whatever the reason we're all here in this little slice of Mafia reality.

"As such we should attempt to maintain some sense and order and keep this experience legit and real. Now I too like I think the majority among us am no fan of the spreading of hate and disgust. I appreciate my vocabulary being one that doesn't have to descend to the doldrums and rake people thru the mud to get a point across. I also enjoy a good debate and an unfiltered sharing of ideas, so let's not get censored. Nobody is free from faults but you should take your ass to Out of Character if you want to make your point on any subject found here on the streets and you feel like you can't do it with some of that cosa nostra or mafia etiquette coursing thru your veins"

Ciro looks for a glass of water on the podium but finds none.

"To continue we all know very well in the real streets we'd never be able to walk into some wise guy joint and voice our opinion (even less so to a Capo or Don I can't even dream of it being a Godfather) without any repercussions. So let's try to keep that in mind and have some empathy for others and their good intentions. Be good people and try to add some spice to that life that can get so boring at times out there on the streets filled with prostitution rings and Durdens getting whacked......I'm glad we got some help-desk people running around too kind of moderating things, at least I think that's what they do"

"Anyways thanks for the audience and if any of you want to get hammered Ill be over at the El Diablos HQ getting a few drinks and enjoying the North Side"

Ciro steps down puts on his bowler hat and excuses himself out of the reunion.........

Report Post Tip

ZoeyH I must say I always enjoy listening to you when you speak up in the streets. This topic is definitely something I would like to give my two cents about.

When I started out in this world I must admit I felt slightly overwhelmed with the idea of speaking up in the streets. I was worried I would offend someone or say something inappropriate without intending to and would get punished by my leader or the gods themselves. So I just kept my nose clean. I didn't think personally that me a goomba or whatever low rank at the time was privileged enough to be commenting on a topic someone high ranked brought up particularly a Godfather. Even if all I had to say was nice things I felt the only thing to do was keep my head down in respect and listen and learn. 

Now that my crew leader Don Jono has deemed me worthy of holding higher ranks I believe it is more appropriate or even expected for me to come out into the streets and have my voice heard. But this is just me personally.

As for what people get away with saying well I think, and others including Jono have mentioned this, it comes down to what the current leaders of our world allow people to get away with. If they can stand there and take criticism from a gangster then that is their choice. Some people it might bother while others it doesn't and they prefer the challenge in arguments and discussions with others regardless of rank. Also I believe it comes down to what people are being taught by their own leaders. In Fort Izzel we are told to be respectful and present ourselves well in the streets. Maybe that was partly why I didn't feel ready to join the discussions in the streets when I was low ranked. I just didn't feel ready. But if people are taught how to behave and respect those above them then possibly lower ranks arguing against higher ranks wouldn't seem as out of place when the discussion is respectful.

Report Post Tip

I personally feel that those who come to the streets to slander and belittle without valid reason should face punishment. I have heard that mischievous and obnoxious mafiosi with too big of a mouth used to be shot, and I think that's great. Sometimes the situation or subject may require it, but if you come to the streets slandering without offering valid reasons and arguments, I don't see why someone should be allowed to live. I feel that ''we'' are a bit too tolerant in regard to this. I must, however, urge that shooting is not an solution to everything. If some lowly mobster comes and insults the leaders, he should be shot. If someone comes to these streets and attacks with a sharp tongue and arguments, he shouldn't be shot. Everyone here has a voice, the problem is not everyone knows how to use it properly. 

Report Post Tip

I was walking down the street when I heard another discussion in the streets. I started listening intently until I stepped forward and spoke what was in my mind.

"I agree with Morgoth. We must know the difference between a big mouth that's mischievous and obnoxious and a mouth that exists to slander and belittle with no valid reason so that we will know when we could tolerate slight violations of the code or know when someone goes too far, which would benefit us mafiosi in important ways like decreased number of arguments and hostilities, and less pointless bloodshed caused by those who do not abide with desirable or exemplary code of conduct in the manner of talking in the streets."

Report Post Tip

ZoeyH I am loving you being on the streets, you certainly pick some good subjects to debate you should make a request for the imp to give you a pay rise. Now my ancestors have spoke about the standards on the streets before and how they perceived them but as Jono says it is all down to who has the power in the country.

My personal view is that we are mobsters we should be respectful to one and other but we also need to have the ability to move from that and if we need to throw insults at someone for whatever reason then we should but we should accept that if we do there will be consequences. For me every person affiliated withe a crime family is representing them each time they walk on the streets, hit the coffee shops and visit funerals so they should conduct themselves with that in mind.

The trouble is trying to police it, everything that is said is open to interpretation s  just because I may find something offensive and the person it was aimed it doesn't and vice versa how do you police that? As if you end up being to harsh the streets will die and nobody was that. The streets should be as they currently are vibrant and full of debate, not standing here and watching tumbleweed roll on by.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Codes of Conduct in Streets
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL