Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 08:45:58
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
What's for dinner? Spam Started by: TinyTina on Sep 21, '14 20:02

With the recent activity of Squishy posting in the streets with his admin account, it got me thinking about the quality of the streets. A lot of people seem to be upset that he posted in a forum that is suppose to be in character with his OOC account. Many people have voiced why they believe this is not okay. To each their own, this isn’t about that. This is about some of  the threads on the streets. For example: TonyMontana

Why are his threads okay? I see a lot of spam. Spam that attracts OOC posting. Just Vent* and Free Puppies To Good Home. Many want to attack Kuku (K2). Posting signs up “do not feed the troll” or grumble something about “I didn’t want to post in your thread because you aren’t worth it, but I’m going to do it anyway.” So, people are reading and posting in Kuku’s threads even though they are so terrible, but spam threads about puppies going to a good home are completely ok?

Now, I don’t know if TonyMontana is a new player (I’m assuming he is and his crew leader just hasn’t provided any learning tools on how to be a mobster). Let’s take a look at BloodySpikeS’s thread. Fab Spice. I get it, it’s a joke. It’s “in” character. It includes words like BG and OC and Pro, but also jazz. Jokes are good, fun is good. This game should be fun. When people treat the streets as a joke, why should people expect others to take them seriously?

I’m not saying if you can’t come up with more than a two lined thread or reply you shouldn’t be in the streets. I’m also not attempting to discourage people from posting in the streets. If people want people to value the streets as an in character place then the community should uphold that standard. Crew leaders must set up a support/training system for the forums of the game, just as much as teaching new players how to handle their gun. The Do’s and Don’t’s of this game. 

Don’t want admin OOC in the streets? Don’t make the streets OOC. 

*At the time of writing this thread, Just Vent was in the streets, it has now been moved to OOC. 

Report Post Tip
So its OK for you to bash me and the other guy calling it spam when people were clearly entertained, so why don't you call everybody who posted spammers. And what's with the shit talk about my crew leader not teaching me how to be a mobster. I don't know what lala land you live in but I ain't never heard of a real gangster that turned into a mobster by role playing in 3rd person. Get your facts straight and your head right before you start bumping your gums.
Report Post Tip

Woah, TonyMontana, please step away with your feels. Go take a cool down. Come back when you can understand that I am not bashing you. Your thread Just Vent was an OOC thread. You posted it in the streets, it was moved to OOC. How is this bashing you?

You play an MMORPG. Do you know what that means? Role Playing Game. So yes, on this game you are a mobster by role playing from the third person. 

I wish you bumped your gums this much in the streets. There is a man behind the spam! 

Report Post Tip

My family is none of her business. What she says means nothing. Don't give this troll the time of day.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
You don't like my threads? Then keep your little rat eyes off of em. I could give two shits about what you think. Talking about how my leader hasn't taught me shit. You need to just mind your own damn business chick. You want problems? Just say so. Don't be talking shit cause I can mess with your threads too. Jealous ass punk.

How is TinyTina trolling? I'm confused. Anyway,

This is the content of TonyMontana's Street thread, 'Just Vent':

Just say what's bothering you guys. There's a lot of shit going on and a lot of scrolling and refreshing pages. So just put it on one thread.

The content of this thread is nowhere near good enough quality for The Streets. One line of text does not suffice and it deserved to be removed. Not only is it far too short, it is vague, contributes very little, and most importantly - it is entirely out of character. The usage of the words: "scrolling", "refreshing pages" and "thread" indicate Tony Montana is not speaking as his mob persona. You can speak that way in this forum, but for The Streets & Bar Districts, it's vital to pretend you are a 1930's mobster.

Report Post Tip
Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence." 
Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

I never said this shouldn't be OOC. Calling out my guy when there is plenty of OOC content and other issues in the streets is uncalled for. When a thread needs to be moved, it is. 

Report Post Tip
Ah good old TinyTina. I like the cut of your jib.

To further this I would just like to question whether replying in the streets by doing a one lined action is acceptable? The number of one lined, half arsed replies I have seen recently did mentally make me question what was going on. Now I may have missed this becoming acceptable or maybe I am over reacting. Can someone help an old lad out?
Report Post Tip

TonyMontana...first off, do you realize you are not supposed to be in character right now? 

Hey, Enaento. No need to be condescending. I know what trolling is!

TinyTina has provided a detailed paragraph to back-up his/her point, and I consider it a legitimate concern. The thread in question wasn't moved for two whole days. I'm sure many where thinking the same.
Report Post Tip

Enaento and TonyMontana, before this gets out of hand, I pointed out Tony's threads not because I'm jealous or because I'm trolling. I'm using them as examples. Enaento, this is OOC, you are not a crew leader here. I have no want to know your crew business. If I was, this thread would be in the streets - where you are a crew leader. 

This thread is not about TonyMontana or Enaento, it's about what we let slide in the streets and what we comment on as shit. How much OOC there is in the streets and how people get upset about when an admin does it compared to when users do it. 

Quality in our streets. 

Brendan, it's maddening! The person who starts the two lined thread is no better then those that reply to it. I have no clue when this became acceptable. I remember when it was a thing that people talked about, being appalled about, but now it's just something that happens. 

I'd like to know why the community is obviously okay with threads like TonyMontana's. 

Report Post Tip
These replies are in the middle of 'decent' threads though. Go and see Achilles thread for example. People pop up, say not much and disappear. I just really cannot understand it. Unless they view it as maintaining a street presence?

As for Tony being called out. He was just the unlucky one of 4 or 5 who could have been used. imho
Report Post Tip
God I wish there was an edit button. The thread I refer to is K2s about Achilles.
Report Post Tip

If you have a problem with street content, report it and if it is legit it is moved. We have no control over how long it takes. I'm sure many think many things about the streets, including me. I'd like to know why the community accepts many things but that is me wondering and not my business. Not sure why you think the community is okay with anything. The street police are surely out there.

Report Post Tip

I completely agree Brendan. Isn't that why the option to tip a post was installed? If you liked a person's post, but have nothing more to say than a one lines agreement you tip them? 

Should there be some sort of posting standard or street posting standard made by the users? Or the administration team? Where does the game draw the line between in character and not. Tony's Vent Here thread is OOC, but TheSorryJew's thread TepidDelucci is just a poem that is supposedly "in character", but it's...spam?

It's easy to point out what is OOC, but what is in character? I feel like helpdesk struggles with answering this. 

Report Post Tip

So....your problem with this thread is what exactly, @Enaeto? 

From what I understand, you don't mind the fact that your member posted a thread that was a sad attempt at a Street presence but you are pissed that he was called out?

Report Post Tip

I fail at tagging people. 

Report Post Tip
That's pretty much what I was going to say to Enaento. I agree TinyTina. The tip option is to show agreement. He'll, even a quick mail shows your support.

The Street police maintain in character and OOC posting. As well as blatant spam of 'lolz' or general bad behaviour.

It is, surely, the users who should police the streets. Tell people what is right or wrong?

Surely Enaento, as a leader, it is your business on the streets if people are spamming/generally acting badly? It is yours and every leaders responsibility to keep your members in check. Much like I would expect mine if I were acting out of line in the streets. Surely that's where the user code of conduct starts and ends?!
Report Post Tip

Generally acting badly, yes. What I have told my members behind closed doors is between us. It is not up to me or Tony to move threads. Tina not only called Tony out she called me out for not teaching my people. Neither you or her  have a clue nor does anyone outside the family what we have discussed regarding the Just Vent thread.

My family has been very active in the streets in character including Tony. We do know what it is. We have abided by it unlike many others. 

New people will make mistakes. They do not need to be called out for it.

Report Post Tip

Anything else I would say regarding this would be rhetorical and not add anything further so I am done with this thread. I will not sit here and blow up this thread further. I'm not going to be rephrasing my words to bump my post count.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: What's for dinner? Spam
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL