Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 14:45:01
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
So I was thinking. Started by: Desmand on Sep 22, '14 14:35

With the introduction of the new MIA availability I made a comment (which was deleted) and was wondering what other peoples thoughts were. 

"Rofl.

Aka everyone is incapable of building a gun so we've tried to make it even easier to remove those at the top short of selling 500 credits and hit listing every single one ourselves. 

Let me guess though, the BG cap "maths" is still fine and doesn't need changing. "

What are peoples thoughts on 2/3's of the games makers trying to make the game even easier? Is the BG cap being reduced to 100 a real possibility in the future? Will I get hitlisted for $200 million in the coming days from an anonymous person which Kuku will probably take credit for? 

Remember, let's not make this personal and please no baiting in this thread. 

Thanks

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

An explanation on why this change is needed would be nice. 

Report Post Tip

Who said this is anything about making the game easier? Could be a way to generate more revenue for the game as people may buy more credits now? It may help in making a gun but anyone with experience know it takes alot more than MIA's to build a decent gun.

But as far a I have seen, the "math" for the cap is staying the same which you would think it maybe raised. (This would also make business sense, as people sometime rely on the aid of credits to hit the cap)

We as players sometimes forget this isn't just a game... it's a business as well, with cost and expenses. 

Report Post Tip

I assume after pumping $500 of his own money, Izzy may have suffered a little this month with all the extra credits floating around, especially after the Russian Roulette too. So in terms of making some extra cash it would make sense for him to do this.

I must admit though for the game I find it bizarre, it's already easy enough to train a gun without needing any extra MIA's. With the rate we see Tyler and all the BG's left behind I'm not sure we need any more targets. The game's certainly already target rich, but maybe it's a step taken in order to remove those in power a little easier.

I don't think it's a good idea tbh and I'm not sure where the idea has even come from. I've not seen any complaints about the current amount of targets and so I wonder why even introduce it?

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure what prompted the change, nor am I really bothered by it either.

The limit isn't really a big deal. It was 4, then 8, now 16.. but isn't it still based on x days meaning you still walk away with the same amount of available over the course of days? So really your not getting to kill more or making it easier to kill the top people, your just able to do more on one day then wait for them to reset again?

And to be fair, if there was to be no baiting then comments about the 200 million could have been left out instead of making the thread seem very personal. But again, I dont really care as its feck all to do with me.

Report Post Tip

I'm fairly sure it's 16 kills every 4 days as opposed to the standard 8, good job you aren't a Help Desk person. 

Report Post Tip

It is a doubling of the amount of MIA's you can shoot every 4 days I believe.

If it is a change to increase revenues why not try something else before making what is in my opinion a pretty serious game change. I just think an explanation for a change like this should be given in the announcement thread like it is for the vast majority of other changes.

Report Post Tip

I have no idea why this change was made and I am not a fan of it. As far as I am concerned, without a plausible explanation why this was needed, it was unnecessary.

Saying that this means you are not getting to kill more or this isn't making it easier to kill top people makes no sense to me. Any time you are able to do twice as much in a 4 day time-frame you are accelerating the rate at which people can build their guns. Anything that gives someone 8 more notches on their gun every 4 days is increasing their gun and opening their range of targets not just on upper tiers but on other tiers as well. 8 extra MIA's is going to add up fast. Overall, kill ranges will increase at a much faster pace.

I don't see anything good about this increase.

Report Post Tip

YAY. Now I can train a killer gun :)

I see only those on the top of the game have an issue with it.

Report Post Tip

I don't see what the big deal is. 

Report Post Tip

I can understand why this change was deemed necessary. I don't see what the big deal is.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. The game is heavily stacked in favour of the guys at the top with the amount of bodyguards you are able to procure. This goes a small way into levelling things up a bit, but not much.

Appreciate you want to protect your legacy and keep on going, but something's got to give eventually I would have thought?

Report Post Tip
Alright Johnny here's one for you, lim not at the top of the game by any means. It would be literally impossible for me to have a cap killer gun right now but i still have a problem with it. I'd love to at least hear the reasoning because not only are the higher ranked people at risk, the lower ranks are too. Someone who wants to rogue to kill a Made man or a capo just had his job made a hell of a lot easier for him.

I'm sure those who have no problem throwing credits to train faster love it but I honestly just want to hear more about why this was necessary.
Report Post Tip

What an established group of players who never quite hit the big time all in unison over their approval of the new change.

You should probably look at each other and ask yourself which you'd least like to be associated with and realise it's a lot closer then you hoped. 

thehe, s'all OC right Tina?

Report Post Tip

I just said in mIRC how this will keep dick fucks in check a bit more. I'm waiting to see it.

Report Post Tip

"let's not make this personal"

rofl nice one. People come to provide quite literally only their opinion (as you requested), and you look at who is saying it instead of what is being said. You attack who is saying it, instead of the content of their words. That is the fucking definition of "personal". This is teenager drama bullshit; grow the fuck up Desmand. If you can't have a conversation with grown-ups, especially in OOC where players are supposed to discuss things as respectful equals, then stay out. It's not constructive, helpful, respectful, or mature.

To think I have to lecture a 300-day-old godfather about social skills. Fucking pathetic.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $270,000 Tip
"Who never quite hit the big time"

Are you referring to me here old chap?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

I can't imagine this will stay in place for very long.

Report Post Tip

Awww,ginsters....lets not get all salty,shall we?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

I'm not going to get into the comments being thrown around by all parties, but I wonder if a better compromise would be to increase the amount of RIA's? That way people will still benefit the rewards of having more targets, but would at least have to work for it, even if it is minimal.

FYI, I am not against the increased MIA function, I just believe it's a good compromise between the two.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: So I was thinking.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL