Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 02:38:58
Page:  1 
Darkness, The Absence of Light Started by: Taegan on Sep 23, '14 20:50

After the death of Deces, Taegan had to swallow her sorrow and continue giving air to the fire. She set up Tyrion in Deces stead and life began over again. For most it went on and people went back to normal, their daily routines. Yet, Taegan? Taegan went into solitude. She locked herself away in her office, the blinds always closed, and no sound ever came out. You never saw her leave and you never saw her enter either. It was like she was a ghost. The higher ranks amongst her family began to wonder if she was even still alive or if she ever was going to come out.

Yet, one man, her right hand. He ventured to her office. He turned the knob and to his surprise it was not locked. Had it ever been locked? He wondered. When he walked in he was once again taken back. Taegan sat there, she wore all black and looked moon light pale, but she was there. He didn't know what to expect when he walked in, in all honesty he figured she might be dead.

Taegan never looked up, she just stared at her desk, a pen in her hand and a blank paper in front of her. Sttub looked confused. He stood there for a few minutes waiting to see if she would notice him or write something, but she never moved. Finally, after around fifteen minutes of standing there he realized nothing was going to change, he had to do it. Walking forward to her desk and around it he placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Taegan, it's Sttub.”

Taegan didn't move, her eyes were still focused on the paper. Sttub realized he was going to have to do a little more than just tell her it's him.

“Taegan, what are you doing?”

He shook her a bit this time to try and break her gaze. She lifted her head, paused and then looked up at him. Her eyes showed a dark sadness.

“I never got to say goodbye and I don't know how.”

Then looking back at the paper she went to place her pen on it to write and backed off. Shaking her head she placed the pen down harshly and set her forehead down upon her desk. Tears staining the paper.

That is when Stubb realized she was trying to write a goodbye letter to Deces. Taegan wasn't trying to keep people out, her door would have been locked if that was true. All this time none of them dared try to enter, when all this time all Taegan needed was someone to come in and save her.

“I'll help you write it.”

Taegan stopped crying, wiped her tears away, and looked at him. He took the paper and placed a new one down, the old one was too wet to write on. He nodded to the pen and she picked it up. He sat there with her for a few hours, they talked and Taegan began to write words down on the paper. He stayed with her until it was done. Then once she signed it at the bottom the folded it, placed it into and envelope, and stood up. This was where the hard part came in. How was she going to send a letter to someone who was dead? Yet, when he looked at Taegan all he saw was her smile. Was this letter really all that was holding her down? Just being able to say goodbye?

They walked out of the office and everyone else watched. They hadn't seen their Godmother in ages. Sttub and her walked together and Taegan headed to the site where Deces lay. He sighed and shook his head. Taegan was going to leave the letter on her grave for Deces, since it was the closest she would get to her reading it. He didn't dare mention how rain would ruin it or how it could blow away. He just let her place it down, but she didn't just place it down, she opened it back up. Standing there he watched her read it out loud to the grave below her as if Deces was still alive and listening.

When she finished Sttub went to help her up, but was stopped by a young lady. She placed her arm in front of him to prevent him from walking forward. He looked at her and couldn't release his gaze. She looked so much like Deces. Was it her ghost? Was this some sort of a trick? He went to protect Taegan, but the girl helped Taegan up and hugged her. Sttub stood there dumbfounded. Should he pull his gun or should he let it play out?

“You are Taegan, yes?”

The girl asked her and Taegan nodded, it was like Taegan knew who this girl was. She didn't seem scared of her at all and Sttub was trying to put together what was happening. That was when the girl answered his question.

“I am the kin of Deces, I have been searching for you, but since her death you have been no where to be found. Now that I have finally reached you I want to ask a favor.”

Taegan nodded and let the girl continue.

“May I have the same honor that Deces had and work for you?”

After that day Taegan was regaining her normal self back. Sttub was seen going fairly often in to her office and would come back out to report business to the rest of the city. She was seen less, but her presence was back. Her right hand always knew how to contact her if needed and Taegan would be seen moments later if she was needed.

Yet, she knew she couldn't let this last long. She had been quiet and hiding in the darkness. She had lost some of her strength, but you only get knocked down to get back up, and Taegan had already had her fair share of set backs. She knew how to come back and to come back stronger.

Taegan had round up her family she stood before all the eyes before her. Smiling she spoke to them a strength back in her voice.

“Darkness may seem to be where I have been, my friends and family, you could not see me, but I was there. You see, Darkness is only the absence of light. It is time for my star to shine again. Trust me, it's going to be bright.” 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Darkness, The Absence of Light
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL