Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 08:39:56
Page:  1 
We really really need a tutorial Started by: ChrisPalko on Sep 24, '14 12:28

Yes! We do. It's being worked on as has been stated.

BUT. I have a request. Can you all please give us a few things you would like to see on a new written tutorial? This advanced, beautiful, all-inclusive guide needs to be at it's best, I know I can count on you all to give us some great ideas! No subject too big, or too small.

Report Post Tip
You do know they have an interactive one when you start a new character.....
Report Post Tip

I am not sure he realizes that >.<

Report Post Tip

You do know they have an interactive one when you start a new character.....

let me finish that

.... which is extremely limited and not of much use (at least not yet - who knows if it will be made better)

Report Post Tip
Enaento, I'm not sure if you have ever used it but it walks you through the game. It tells you how to sell drugs, how to do petties or do jobs for families, basically it tells people how to do the basics which it should. Then the sponsor who recruits the new player should tell them how to do everything else as that's their job to do as a sponsor.
Report Post Tip

As the game grows, it's been requested by many that in addition to the basic interactive walkthrough at the beginning, a little more advanced information with details about how to grow beyond just the petties and the drug dealing. 

This is why I came here and made this thread, do you guys have any topics you wish had been covered more thoroughly either in the tutorial or by your original sponsor? Is there anything you tell your sponsees or your sponsor told you that had serious value, that isn't included in the interactive tutorial? That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for!

Also, 'unwritten rules' similar to grave pissing are of particular interest, key terms and acronyms too if you can think of them!

Thanks again friends :)

Report Post Tip

Isn't this the duty of being a crew leader? By helping the new users get to grips with the game? I mean if we are reduced to sending out whoring mails in an attempt to get members, I am sure we can also sit down and take the time to help these people. The crew leader can even delegate this to a person who plays the supporting role in the family.

I just think having a tutorial, rather than the userbase helping out, is well kind of cold.

Report Post Tip

My sponsors take on the role of teaching new people and I step in if they are not on. However, when no one is on to answer a new persons questions a tutorial as a reference is a good thing. There is  wiki for MR as well. Maybe this needs updated as well or is this what you are talking about?

When you have a written tutorial in place like there is now that is wrong in many places it confuses the new people. It needs to be brought up to speed.

Report Post Tip

Well wasn't the whole reason for the MR wiki FOR people who had problems or queries? I mean, we have people within families to help, we have MR wiki also, do we really need to spoon feed them a tutorial? Speaking from when I first started wayyyyyyy back in 2007, I had one person help me and that was sufficient enough.

Report Post Tip

I don't really think it is a case of spoon-feeding, more an additional avenue which may help assist in user retention. 

Report Post Tip

I don't really think it is a case of spoon-feeding, more an additional avenue which may help assist in user retention. 

Also meaning (and I know this is not your intention or meaning) that people can just say "Go look at the tutorial, it will tell you what to do", rather than actually taking their time to help.

I just think with the years of knowledge on this site, the interaction not just with the crew leaders and hands, but also with other crew members, and the MR wiki, that it's just not warranted.

Report Post Tip

But alas, it's already being worked on. Just seems pointless to me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: We really really need a tutorial
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL