Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 06:12:22
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
My MR Story, and Goodbye Started by: Pratster on Sep 24, '14 18:38

I know the vast majority of you will probably not be interested in this, but I currently have flu and I'm fucking bored today, and I felt I owed it to the few people who will be, and for anybody else that's bored and just wants something to read.

Apologies if it seems somewhat disjointed and the time frame doesn't exactly flow. I'm literally just writing my thoughts as they come to me.

I've been playing this game for the best part of a decade now. I think it's been between eight and nine years now, since I was around 14/15 years old. It's been a massive part of me growing up from quite possibly the most annoying little shit bag you could ever encounter, to somebody that a fair few people call their friend, and that genuinely makes me happy.

I was always a bit of a dickhead in real life, somebody who liked to fuck about and just generally have fun and not take anything too seriously. I brought that personality here, and just kinda stuck with it, admittedly, I toned it down a bit over the years, and any of my friends will tell you, I am fiercely loyal to my own, my friends and my family.

I only joined this world through friends that had found mafia.org, who subsequently left before the big hack. I continued playing there, and when the big hack happened, I found MafiaReturns. I think it was just after Scotland had died, and Anita was top dog (suckit) and I joined Salvatore_Riina, someone I still consider to be one of the best players, and one of the best people I've had the pleasure of talking to here.

I wasn't too active back then, and I didn't really properly get into the game until the infamous Badass Inc. came to be, which was obviously then headed by Oliver_McTavish, acted out by the legendary Kendra. My character back then was Jay-C, who was made LH and then RH, before being given my own family under Kendra, which then turned out to be a complete disaster. I was around 15, too young, too ambitious in a sense, and didn't really have a clue what I was doing trying to lead people, some of whom were twice my age. I ended up moving to Philadelphia on my own, and then being taken out by Moretay if I recall correctly. I just remember Sprozza and Sal being involved, taking me out in my sleep, the bastids.

It honestly goes a bit hazy after that, and I don't remember much of my playing time at all. I think I spent some time under Cathy_Parks when CP were running the game, but that's literally all I can remember, up until the next sort of big character I had, SammyGarcini (the very first one).

I joined TheDean's Lions Den in New York, but again, remained rather inactive for a large chunk. After he had taken out Deimne, which I wasn't around for, my activity picked up and I ended up moving over to Detroit with Ragnarok and his captain, Lauren, who I was then made Left Hand too. My stay in Detroit was cut rather short, as the vast majority of the city (Lauren and MichaelLaMotta) were taken out by TheDean and Ragnarok himself, I was spared for whatever reason, and Dean then insisted I return to New York to be in his Godfather family, rather than stay with Ragnarok. I respected his wishes and re-joined him, after all, he had just saved my bacon and kept me alive, I owed him that much.

My activity picked up and I made it to around 90 days old, and managed to acquire the rank of Don, the first time I'd ever got there if I remember correctly. With this, Dean had decided it was his time to retire to concentrate on events in his real life a little more, and I was transferred to Philadelphia with Underdog as my CL. Again, this didn't last very long, with Roman then decided to wipe us out.

I then joined Roman on a new character, SalvatoreMaranzano. As hated as he was by a lot of people, the man gave me a lot. He paid for over 100 of my bodyguards, helped my upkeep them, and even offered me a CL position as Underboss to Kimble, was who about to take Godfather in New Orleans. My activity had been high this character, and I was sad to be leaving Chicago, but I took up the opportunity to work with Kimble, who had chosen Stamina another leader in the city. Unfortunately, upon getting that family, my activity dropped too much, and Stamina was then made underboss in my absence. I signed on one day, and was told we were warring Roman and Premeir. I had a strange feeling about this, on one hand I wanted to remain loyal to Kimble, but Roman gave me the start on the character and as far as I knew, gave me a lot of what I had to that point. A real life friend in my ear told me I should join in on Roman's side, and I did. I didn't involve my family, just myself personally. I felt horrible for being disloyal to Kimble, and I was obviously then killed, and Roman then lost the war.

Due to my activity being so low anyway, I took about a 6-9 month break from the game, and came back when I could be a little more bothered with it. Again, my memory here goes a little bit hazy and I honestly don't remember a great deal of my characters. The next significant one I had was what I would call my main character, my biggest crack at the game, SammyGarcini (the third or fourth, honestly, lost count.)

I joined Marston to begin with, in New York, and worked my way up in his family, becoming part of the hitsquad, and eventually being trusted with being temporary LH and RH while Apples and Kurtz were being demoted for Bodyguards. When Marston then took Godfather, I was given my own family again, along with Apples, Lancelot, Caius and Kurtz. Marston was then killed by WB, regardless of everyone telling him to PUT HIS FUCKING GUN DOWN, you fucking fool Luca. Kurtz followed him in the same way, and myself, Apples, Lancelot and Caius were left in NY.

I got on well with Apples and Lancelot, but had never really spoken to Caius properly. He didn't really seem interested in my opinion on anything, and he didn't seem to like me, so I just left him alone. Basically, we didn't trust him, and decided to take him out. This pissed him off, and his friends over in LA/LV, who then subsequently attacked us, dealing out a first wave where Jono missed on me, lolz at you Jono <3. We would've lost that war, as we were being picked off one by one without being able to do a great deal of damage to them. However, in stepped DeadlySin, being the top notch guy he was, he helped us, and we turned the tides and won the war. Unfortunately, Apples and Lancelot both died, and I was left as the only leader in NY, as a Capo, with a family that stood at a tiny 20 members. It didn't look good, but we'd come out of a 4 or 5 day war and we were living, and with DeadlySin's alliance, I pushed on and built up.

Now, it's going to seem like I'm blowing my own horn here, and honestly, I am a bit, but I didn't think it was possible. I installed my previous Godfather Kimble(WildTurkey) as my RH, and we built the city up, eventually making him underboss, and then futher from that authing Odin(Cpt-Harris) as another captain. At this point, DeathKnight(EricLassard) had been made my RH, but died due to a war, and decided to take a break. Another one of my old Godfathers, Kendra(Katniss), was then given RH, giving up her admin abilities in order to do so (<3). Then along came the districts, and myself, DeadlySin, and Phil_Steak, decided it was best for those two to remain close, and for me to move out to Chicago, with Phil taking over in NY.

I was Godfather, WildTurkey had a district, Odin had a district, on expansion, NiNe(Psychopath) was given a district, and someone had the 5th district, though the name escapes me currently. Together, all of us, including the various CL's we had (there were a lot of them) built Chicago into the best and biggest city I'd ever seen or known on the game. I was proud of every single one of them. We worked as a unit and were loyal to eachother right to the end, it was truly the best thing I'd been a part of.

That is, until the May War. The rest of Chicago had been pressuring me for months to attack, but I really didn't want to. DeadlySin had never done anything to make me think we needed to war them, or that they were going to war us, but the city wanted it. Upon organising a first wave, I was given the task of shooting Phil_Steak, while Odin was given DeadlySin. We were both on the cusp of cap hitting, but needed some BG wackers before the shots would go through. Around 10 were put on DeadlySin, and around 25 on Phil_Steak. I had decided not to give myself a pro'er. Call it arrogance, call it tiredness of playing for around 16 months on the same character. I had decided that should I die, it was simply my time to go. So, the time for the first wave had come, and the BG wackers were shooting around 5-10 seconds before the main guns. Knowing the some of them would be delayed, I decided to wait a few more seconds before shooting, but I waited too long. Upon seeing that a few of his and DeadlySin's members had died, Phil shot and killed me, before I'd even fired a single shot in the war. (Lol @ me right?)

After this, I joined Odin when the war was all done with. Around 95% of the site had died at some point, and a lot of rebuilding needed to be done. I wanted to help with this, but was completely tired of playing after my last character. My activity dropped again, and hasn't really picked up since then. I've had a few throw away characters; Teofilo, Chalk, DaKurlzz, but nothing of any sort of significance, which brings us up to now.

I hope you've enjoyed my tellings of my past characters, and I hope it's bought some fond memories back for some of you about your past characters and what you were doing at the times I have been talking about. I didn't intend to write this much about it, but I just felt like sitting here and typing, so I'm sorry if I've taken up your time without a good reason.

The game's given me some good times, I can't deny that, but it's time for me to leave this place for good. I don't imagine I'll ever be back, but I hope someday I get the passion again, and want to come back and play for real.

There are a lot of people I would like to thank, and no doubt some people I will miss out, but the chances are that if I liked you, you probably knew it, I was never one to act one way when I meant a different way.

The people of note, trying to start from the beginning; tita, Manny, Kendra, JKalos, Clause-McSlapawhore, Sprozza, mortay, Sao, Fallen, Ghost, birday, Marco (love you buddy <3), Blitz, Authed, Lauren, El_Nino, Ragnarok, T-Man, MikeHunt, BillyBathtub, Premeir, JesusTheGangster, Tanda, Aizlynn, Rianne, Will, Luca, Eve, Merlin, Curtis, DeadlySin, Bunny, Googlez, DeathKnight, Odin, NiNe, Simplicity, jynx, SpikeSpiegel, Sabina, Flea, g_man, Halfpenny, Anna, Jeddy, Jono, Shocker, Morty, Draven, Tish, Shaggs, Visas, Warrior, Scarin, Goodfellas, Gaara, JesseJames, Leela, MrBrick, Bammy, Alessia, Weedall, Anubis, mario, tiggy, Belle, biglawson, bighead, Father_TeQ, Daemon, ralph, Gazman, Hoagie, Lawrence, MK, Vino, Remy, Severe, Revan, Sid, Skorpeon, Sofia, Technical, toby, Teruzzo, Leo, Caius, Mikus, Eepster, Lilac, Shuki, Raptor, Trixie, waylander, enkindle, and last, but most fizzing-uppy-ness of all, Cassi.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I ended up having to go down my PM log list, which bought back some very nice names and memories. If I have missed you, feel free to mail me and give me some grief :P

Before I go, I'd like to say a few things about my recent and not so recent choices and words to a few people.

Izzy, I have no choice but to thank you for the time you put in to this place, a lot of peoples lives would be a lot worse off without this place. You've bought a lot of people happiness. We've never really seen eye to eye, and you've given me a lot of shit over the years, and I've given you a lot of shit too. In the end though, I appreciate your hard work, and hope it gets you whatever it is you want out of life.

303303, I don't hate all of you as individuals, I actually get on with quite a few of you from just talking to you personally, I just have a problem with you as a group and what you stand for within the game as a group. However, I haven't been around much, so I can't completely pass judgement on you, as that wouldn't be fair. Ride it as long as you can, it's a lot shitter looking up from the bottom once you've been at the top.

Finally, for any of you who wish to remain in contact with me for whatever reason, I've never been good at initiating relationships or conversations with people for fear of being downright told to fuck off, this character will stay idling as long as Drexler wishes to keep me here, so drop us a mail with whatever preferred method of communication and I'll be sure to add you on whatever it is.

The majority of you are awesome, I'm not going to sit here and say you all are, cause that's not what I'm like, and you ain't. A lot of you though, I'm more than pleased to have met, and I wish you all the best, even if you weren't in the list of people I mentioned.

Thanks for the memories.

(Original)Pratster out.

Report Post Tip

Pratster

We've had out ups and downs, and I wont miss the downs, but I sure will miss the ups.  You've been a pretty strong point of presence here every time you put effort into your characters - and thats something I am going to miss both from an admins eyes, and a players.  I wish you the greatest in whatever your next venture in life is.

Report Post Tip

Always enjoy reading other people's perspective on events. 

Report Post Tip

Ah Pratster...

For a while, I thought you were the biggest cunt on two legs. I look back with pride at the time we got #dl muted twice in an hour for arguing over Thatcher's death. That was a truly special moment (and why I thought you were the biggest cunt on two legs.)

Then I got to know you. And I KNEW you were the biggest cunt on two legs, and I <3'd you for it. And from then on, shit just got fun. I can honestly say that I've never had as much fun on MR as I did this last vday. Our singing and humming antics were just brilliant. The amount of times you've left me sat laughing is ridiculous and I'm going to miss that tons. I'm not sure everybody concerned would agree with me when I say this, but some of the most fun I ever had on the streets was while we did the Chalk/Choke thing. And, you fucker, I CAN say BOTH Chalk and Choke properly! 

I'm gonna miss you a lot Prat. If you end up a stranger, I'm going to kick your Brummie arse! 

<3

Report Post Tip

God speed, Pratster

Report Post Tip
Pratster,

I hated you at first, I made a lot of mistakes and I paid for them at the end, however, despite that I tried to give you my all. Looking back on it now as a more matured human being I can honestly say you were the best Godfather I had, you were definitely very abusive at times but you meant it in a loving manner.

The memory of the Chicago I tried to help build along with the rest will always be my last greatest memory, even if I wanted to attempt to replace it I don't think I could. So for that I thank you as Lord knows you should have killed me about 15 times over.

I hope you enjoy your retirement and I will miss you buddy.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Pratster, I was half way down that list, for that I shall forever hate you and wish Newcastle back to back relegations.

Report Post Tip
Alright for you Gravity. I was near the bottom. That list of names is some list though. So I cannot really grumble.

Good luck Pratster. I don't often post on these threads but you are right. You were annoying, probably like I was, and grew up in this world. Mad when you think about it. As for living 'out there'. Hard to do without a grey screen to come home to. Or so I am told.
Report Post Tip

Love ya dude.

Report Post Tip

MY PRATSTER You're not actually leaving. I read this whole thing earlier, and I was like oh no, but then I was like woah he's not leaving so... IA... status quo for the last year or so! You had me scared, and I'm sure Polica would have cried too. 

Maybe today, after talking with some of the people you did, you'll realize you still do have friends here. Doesn't mean you need to be all that active though, but you should make IRC appearances more often!

Report Post Tip
Adios pratster, many good and bad times but you will be missed around here for sure.

Cheers buddy
Report Post Tip

Hahaha, absolutely delighted that old blurt Sid got a mention

Report Post Tip

I could see this comeing but it still dont sit right, I have enjoyed our chats Pratster and you being able to give me insight leading up to the May war as i wasnt around then.

Was a shame Dakurlz was a throw away account as i really liked that Account and was looking forward to working alongside you in Hollywood but it was never to be wish you all the best in whatever it is you choose to do.

Report Post Tip
Take care of yo bad self!

<3
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

you'll be missed <3 :D

Report Post Tip

Gonna miss having you around here man. I always enjoyed when I talked to you and I am truly honored I was in that list of people with some of the people I think highly of. Take care of yourself and stay in touch especially if I ever make it back out to England again!

Report Post Tip

Take care Pratster. I know you'll be back. Everyone always does... including myself.

-MikeHunt

Report Post Tip
<3

I certainly cannot imagine this place without you and your fizzing uppy ness. Please keep in touch as I will miss you too much.
Report Post Tip
So long mate, may Newcastle cease being shit.

I hope you're back soon, this place is worse off without people like you.
Report Post Tip

I will certainly miss you Pratster.

You're a right cunt at times but you're a funny one and a genuinely nice guy.

MR won't quite be the same with you gone.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: My MR Story, and Goodbye
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL