Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 21:39:04
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Achilles - The $2,000,000 Black Hole Started by: Heel on Sep 25, '14 19:12

As a not so promising Wise Guy making my name on the rough streets of the Bronx, NY, I have been indoctrinated with the belief that business is paramount. I grew up on stories of how the mob ran the corners; larger than life gangsters with names taller than mountains, whose weight alone meant that payments were made and debts were cleared, and I cut my teeth on the fundamental tenets of loyalty, honour and respect. I continue to try to adhere to these principles, in what seems to be to me, a world very much moving away from them.

I've struggled to understand the logic behind placing a $200,000,000 hit on Achilles for his condemnation of the selfish pieces of shit, who place themselves above their family and whose actions countermand the very principles that used to be central to this thing, since it was first raised. As there is no basis in our reality for the kind of thinking which conjured that up as a valid reason to attack him, I guess I'll just have to write that one off. But, sadly, I still can't quite manage to fathom why other people assist in pissing money away into, what I've affectionately named, "Achilles' Black Hole".

As you've probably noticed, there is someone, or more likely several people, who continue to renew the hit on Achilles at $2,000,000 a pop. They persist in doing this despite the fact that nobody has made a legitimate attempt on his life in over a week and even then, only two people have at all since it was first erected 10 days ago. What's infinitely worse than this idiocy though, is that they aren't even sensible about it. They don't even come close to letting the mandatory 24 hours run down before they burn another $2,000,000 away in order to keep the hit on his head in place for a little while longer, so they end up spending millions and millions more than they even actually to.

I think what I find most offensive about this whole scenario isn't the fact they've hitlisted my boss for a ludicrous reason, or the cowardice in relying on someone else to do your dirty work for you (although that is pretty deplorable), but rather what it tells us about the people involved. As I started this with, our thing is about business. Someone, somewhere, worked for their family to earn the money that is being frittered away on this nonsensical pursuit. Someone, somewhere, understood the reality of where we are and that we are actually here to make money rather than just be nice to everyone and let them do whatever the hell they want. This is meant to be the mafia, not the pointless-fabricated-vendetta-against-Achilles-brigade where we laugh as we throw money over a cliff. 

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and this isn't about business anymore. If that is the case, I'll shut my mouth and go back to doing all of Achilles' work for him in our HQ. But if I am right, and we are about more than personal bullshit, then please join me in condemning the wretched behaviour of these people, who I am pretty certain should know better.  

Report Post Tip

What bullshit.

The people doing this are to be applauded.  Your boss will get his.  Nothing is surer.  And someone will pocket a nice wedge of money out of it.

Now, the folks doing this have access to serious money, big money.  So what?  $2m a day?  That's not much, now, is it?

The principle was the news.  The rest isn't.

Report Post Tip

cant wait to see mr tyler durden take the 200m win :)

Report Post Tip

What's bullshit about it, Kuku? Care to offer any explanation behind your opinion for you change. 

Why should these people be applauded? Are you actually clapping the people who decided to place a hit on a boss from the Bronx?

Report Post Tip

Oh, hello Heel.

What's bullshit about it?  The words, the principles, the stance, the literary style and the sheer sour grapes of it.

Report Post Tip
I heard that the first time, which is why I asked you to explain. Try again and this time actually make an argument to support what you're saying.

Why is it bullshit? Is this thing not about business?

Why should these people be applauded?
Report Post Tip

"Why should these people be applauded?"

For taking a stand.  For stimulating the economy.  For paying for something they believe in.

For honour, principle and pride.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Try again and actually make an argument to support what you're saying.

So nothing is bullshit about it now? 

How is dropping $2,000,000 to renew a hit stimulating the economy? 

Why should paying for something contrary to what the mafia is about be applauded merely because it is something they believe in? If I believe I can mate my dog with a leather shoe, should I be applauded too?

Where is the honour in doing something this stupid? What principle? What is there to take pride in?

Report Post Tip

Is trying to kill an enemy honourable?  

People work to make money, no?

Pride in the prowess to possess plutocracy plentiful enough to plot the pew-pewing of people.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $120,000 Tip

This seems like a waste of time eigther way, the hit will continue to exsist wheater you bitch about it or not. so the suggestion here is to quit stiring the pot, in the end all it seems like is your fishing from Easy points in the durden mapping by trolling the streets.

Report Post Tip

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAH!

Wow man, I'm sorry. I thought that was someone from Spam Side, Chicago calling someone from the Bronx a troll. Did I hear that correctly? Because that's a big accusation from a RHM on another RHM, if I hear that right.

Report Post Tip
I expected an idiotic response from Kuku, because, well, he's Kuku, right? He isn't actually going to look at the points I'm making and consider them with any sort of intelligence because that isn't his intention. He is only trying to get a rise out of me and cause a stir; it is what he does after all. However, I would have expected the second in command of a crew to actually engage his brain before opening his mouth.

If this was an attempt to score mapping for the Bronx, I wouldn't have bothered to make any sort of effort in the speech, would I? I would have offered a couple of sentences of bollocks about a party for no apparent reason or offered some free puppies out to everyone. I didn't do that though, did I? Instead I looked at the ccurrent stupidity on display by those behind the hit on Achilles and pointed out why it is contrary to our actual purpose here.

Then, aside from the fact I was making a legitimate argument, have you seen the current standings for mapping?! Why would I waste my breath when my district is in the 400s and none of the others are in treble figures? I know it is a lot to ask, but at least believe I understand how the world works, even if you clearly don't.

And finally, I'm not "bitching" about the hit, I'm explaining for fools like you what should be obvious to the greenest thug on the street. Things that are bad for business, which I would certainly class tossing away close to $300,000,000 on this little mole hill to be, should be avoided at all costs.
Report Post Tip

all i'm really saying is people are going to throw their money away on it, they are free to do so. Brining it up and ranting isn't going to stop them. with the reward thats now out for it this has become a way to earn an extra 500k a day. i didn't mean to offend with the trolling comment, if i did i am indeed sorry. Besides i'm not out here to Stir eigther this is an open place to voice opions and that was just mine in relavance to yours. 

So cheers and lighten up at the end of the day it's supposed to be fun.

Report Post Tip
This part is my favorite

with the reward thats now out for it this has become a way to earn an extra 500k a day.

Best math ever
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

oh did i miss read i wasn't really paying attention to how much it was i know there was a 5 in there some where

Report Post Tip

Hahahahaha. 

Did I hear that right? Someone from Brooklyn in the streets? Pipe down Kyubey and get back to "verifying" the legitimacy of mobsters that sleep all day and are still (somehow) successfully making at least $2 million to ensure the continued renewal of a hit. 

"If you refresh the $200,000,000 hit on Achilles when there is less than 4 hours left on it - immediately send a telegram to me or my kin for reimbursement plus another 500k on top."

Maths seems fine to me, are you struggling to reach the same result Panties? Let me break it down for you:

(1) The hit costs $2,000,000 to renew so you pay this

(2) Reimbursement means you get back this $2,000,000 and then you get another $500,000 on top so you get back $2,500,000

(3) $2,500,000 - $2,000,000 = $500,000 a day as "profit"

Has that made it clearer for you? I hear you are quite old and not often managing to get out of the house nowadays. 

Report Post Tip
SebasianSky, you are 110% correct no worries!
Report Post Tip

oh ok, just wanted to be sure. like i said only glanced at it didn't want to seem a fool out in the open. 

so were all cool i take it.

Report Post Tip
Agreed, Godfather, that is why I agreed with him.

I stays in my house with the ladies

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dearest Desmand.

Assumptions make an ass out of u and me.

Who said Refresher, or his bloodline, was even refreshing the hits? I've recorded the times hes been around and the times the hits have been refreshed. Guess what? There are more people.

But you knew that, right? You just wanted to make a shitty retort at me because you're being a grumpy cunt.

You sure are good at numbers Desmand, maybe you become an accountant.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Achilles - The $2,000,000 Black Hole
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL